What? What is it?
-我很遗憾 -是吗
- I am sorry. - Are you?
那你怎么不能阻止他
Then why can't you stop it?
-我们尽力了 -那再努力点
- Well, we try. - Well, try harder!
凶手就是你的朋友
These are your friends doing this.
你的兄弟 父亲
Your brothers, fathers.
她是那么好
She was just lovely.
美丽 聪明
Beautiful and clever...
善良
and kind. Just...
她那么好
Just lovely. I...
-我不知道该说什么 -玛格
- I don't know what to say. - Maggie?
亲爱的 怎么了
Love, what's wrong?
怎么回事
What's going on?
他是警♥察♥
It's the police, there's...
-对不起 我说不出口 -没事
- I'm sorry, I can't say it. - It's all right.
我们在草地港桥下的曳船路上
I'm afraid an undergrad has been found on the towpath
发现了一名学生的尸体
beneath the Port Meadow bridge.
是佩特拉
It's Petra.
佩特拉·康维尔吗
Petra Cornwell?
等等 你们不是抓到曳船路杀手了吗
Wait a minute, I thought you'd caught the Towpath Killer.
他不是在监狱里吗
He's in prison, isn't he?
11个月来 共有四人遇害
Four victims across the last 11 months.
第一个 茉莉·安德鲁斯 新年时死在这里
The first, Molly Andrews, was found here on New Year's Eve.
第二名 我们现在认为他被杀
The second, whom we now believe to have been killed
是因为侵犯了曳船路杀手的地盘
because he was queering the Towpath Killer's pitch,
死者是托尼·雅各布森 工人俱乐部的厨师
was Tony Jakobssen, a cook from the working men's club.
第三名
Third...
是布莉姬特·穆卡尼 在6月末
was Bridget Mulcahy at the end of June.
她死在这里
She was killed here,
当时正从男友家回家
on the way home from her boyfriend's.
到目前 只有她被吸血了
So far, she's the only one with this blood drinking business.
现在又添一名玛蒂尔达夫人学院的大学生
Now we've got this undergraduate from Lady Matilda's,
佩特拉·康维尔
Petra Cornwell.
-没有吸血吗 -没有 长官
- No blood business there? - No, sir.
也没被碰过
Untouched, in that regard.
-她住在寓所 -是的
- She lived in digs? - Yes.
好像跟另外两个女孩同住
With two other girls, I think.
这怎么回事
What's this?
教员们决定举♥行♥全体投票
The faculty has decided to hold a referendum.
决定玛蒂尔达夫人学院是否该收男生
Whether Lady Matilda's should admit men to college.
-会通过吗 -除非我死了
- Will it pass? - Over my dead body.
抱歉 这话说得太不合适了
Sorry, that was a dreadful choice of words.
我需要找她室友谈谈
I will need to speak to her flatmates.
好
Of course.
她是否有任何敌人 就你们所知
Did she have any enemies? Any that you know of?
她是个性格开朗乐观的19岁漂亮女孩
She was a pretty 19-year-old woman with a happy disposition
从没有过一丝邪恶的念头
and not a malicious thought in her head.
那怎么会招来敌人
Does that invite enemies?
但会招来关注
It certainly invites attention
未必是好事的那种
of a kind that isn't necessarily welcome.
怎么说
Sorry, how's that?
佩特拉上月正式投诉了
Petra made a formal complaint last month
柯拉克斯楼的一名研究员
about a Fellow at Corax House.
那是主教学院的附属科研部
It's a scientific department attached to Cardinal College.
我知道 是什么样的投诉
Yes, I know it. What was the nature of the complaint?
投诉谁的
And about whom?
我只是在帮她下梯子
I was just helping her down from a ladder.
她说你抓了她的胸 还说了下流的话
She said you grabbed her breast and made a lude comment.
只是个误会
It was just a misunderstanding.
她的胸很大 简直赶上兴登堡飞艇了
She had big knockers, you know, proper Hindenburgs.
反正 她在梯子上打了个滑
Anyway, she span around on this ladder
其中一边胸撞在了我手上
and one of those things collided with my hand.
我是怕她尴尬 才说了一句
And all I said was, so as not to embarrass her,
开玩笑的话
I just made light of it, I said,
"难得有过磅的 是吧 亲爱的"
"Well, you don't get many of those to the pound, do you, love?"
这没能让情况好转吗
And that didn't improve the situation?
可不是
Oh, did it buggery.
我就是开个玩笑
It was a joke, man.
但她并不觉得好笑
Only, she didn't see the funny side, did she,
就小题大做了一番
and made a mountain out of a molehill?
但也难怪了 这些玛蒂尔达兽
But what do you expect? These bloody Matildabeests!
如今给她们灌输的念头
The stuff they fill their heads with these days,
穿软鞋的持证会员
card-carrying members of the comfy shoe brigade,
就是这样
that's what they are.
那你昨晚在哪 就问一句
And where were you last night, for the record?
我可没去曳船路上杀佩特拉·康维尔
Well, I wasn't on the towpath giving Petra Cornwell what for,
这我可以告诉你
I can tell you that.
她的事的确很可怕
It's awful what happened to her. Truly.
我都不会对我最恨的敌人下这种诅咒
I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy. But...
但跟我无关
..Nothing to do with me.
长官
Sir...
斯特吉斯的律师已要求撤销此案
Sturgis' lawyers have called for the case to be dismissed
并立刻释放他
and for his immediate release.
警部和法♥院♥都不会反对他的要求
Neither Division nor the Crown will oppose the request.
还是今天
Today...
偏偏是今天
..Of all days.
长官
Sir?
我妻子今天从美国回来
My wife returns from the United States.
治疗的进展有消息吗 先生
Any news on how the treatment went, sir?
是实验性治疗 但是
Well, it was experimental, but, er...
我们抱有希望
..We're hopeful.
就是他 长官
It is him, sir.
警部不这么认为
That's not how Division sees it.
我们得面对事实 瑟斯戴 我们错了
We have to face the facts, Thursday. We got it wrong.
大错特错
Desperately, hideously so.
我们错了 而曳船路杀手仍逍遥法外
We got it wrong, and the Towpath Killer remains at large.
我失去了工作 生计
I've lost my job, my livelihood.
我的名声被毁
My name's been dragged through the mud.
警♥察♥知道不是我
The police knew I hadn't done it,
可他们还是这么做了
but went through with this charade.
你打算对他们提起诉讼吗
Do you mean to take action against them?
我已跟律师 沃尔斯先生商量过
I've spoken to my solicitor, Mr Vholes.
他建议我不要透露打算
He's advised me that I am reserving my position.
让我生气的是
And what makes me sick
他们把我关在监狱期间
is that, while they had me locked up in prison,
真正的曳船路杀手逍遥法外 又再度杀人
the real Towpath Killer has been free to strike again.
那才是不可原谅的
And that's unforgivable.
我希望他们这次抓住他
I just hope they catch him this time.
谢谢
Thank you.
-他没说错 -但你错了
- He's not wrong. - But you were.
第一名受害人的男友
The boyfriend of the first victim?
我一直觉得他太明显了
He always seemed too obvious to me.
而且他还有不在场证明
Mm, and he had an alibi.
我被告知 你那些怪异事故
So, I've been told, your freak accidents,
恐怕不会调查的
it's a no-go, I'm afraid.
人们会出事故 并因此而死
That people have accidents, people die.
你指望我说什么
What do you want me to say?
我不知道 我没疯吗
I don't know, that I'm not going mad.
我的说法是有依据的 而且你不会放弃
That there's something to my story. That you haven't given up.
你...
Have you...
放弃了吗
given up?
我没觉得你疯了
Well, I don't think you're going mad.
那就好 因为我可能找到了更多案子
Well, that's a relief. Because I think I've found more.
我开始想
So, I started to wonder
这是只发生在牛津
if it was something just happening here in Oxford,
还是在别处也有
or if there was something further afield.
然后呢
And?
去年里 在多弗和尤托克西特
And I turned up nearly a dozen fatal accidents
发生了近一打致命事故
in Dover and Uttoxeter in the past year.
不在你辖区 但我觉得值得一看
Off your patch. But I thought it might be worth a look.
这是在牛津
剧集 | 摩斯探长前传 | 导航列表