剧集 | 道格拉斯被取消了(2024) | 导航列表
今天的节目告一段落 明天再见吧
That's all for today. Same time tomorrow.
当然了 我们明天六点见
Why not. See you at six.
直播结束 谢谢演播室的你们
And that's us off air. Thank you, studio.
非常感谢
Thanks very much.
珍妮会送您出演播室的 -乔治那一段还行吗
Er, Jenny will see you off set. Was I okay with George?
抱歉你说什么 -养老金部长吗
Sorry, what? -Pensions minister.
啥 -我没说错数字吧
Well, did I get the right figures.
稍等 -怎么 你现查呢
Just a sec. What, are you looking it up?
没有
No, no.
婚礼怎么样 -啥婚礼
How was the wedding? -Wedding?
你兄弟的婚礼呀 -哦对 还行
Er, your cousin's, wasn't it? -Oh, yes, it was fine.
养老金部长那里没问题吧
Was I okay with the pensions minister?
嗯当然 -我是说 我没说错数字吧
Yeah, of course. -I mean, were my figures right?
等等 我们待会查查
Well, not yet, but we'll do some research.
谢谢 -亲爱的 今天你很棒
Thanks. Babes. Nice one today.
谢谢
Er, cheers.
明天见 -嗯 明天见
Tomorrow? -Yeah, tomorrow.
规模挺大的 对吧 -啥规模
Er, big one, was it? -Hmm?
婚礼规模 大吗
Big what? -The wedding. Was it big?
应该吧 我把我外套扔哪了
Well, yeah, I suppose I left my coat somewhere.
在化妆间 我放在你的更衣室了
Makeup. I put it in your dressing room.
谢谢 婚礼去了多少人
Thanks. How many guests?
不知道啊 两三百吧
I don't know. Two hundred, 300.
噢 真棒 所以 就是一般的规模 对吧
Oh, nice. So, er, it's just the right size, then.
嗯
Yeah.
那是两百 还是三百呢 -你说啥
Closer to two or three? I'm sorry.
有两百人吗 还是说 有三百人 你觉得有多少
Closer to two or three hundred, what would you say?
超过三百人吗 三百五十 -发生啥事了
More than 300. Three hundred and fifty? -Is something wrong?
有这么一条推特 -什么啊
There's, er, been a tweet. -What tweet?
这里
This one.
也就是说 你被人无意偷听了 你当时说话声挺大对吧
Basically, you were overheard being a bit loud, were you?
这没啥大不了的 -好的
Well, this is nothing. -Okay, good.
这不叫个事儿吧 不是吗
I mean, it's nothing, isn't it? -Is it?
当然不算什么 -那就好 我放心了
Of course it's nothing. -Well, that's a relief. I'm so glad.
我这是在参加家里人的婚礼 老天
I was at a family wedding, for God's sake.
嗯 正是 家里人的婚礼
Yeah, exactly, a family wedding.
这跟谁有关系吗 -跟谁都没关系
Whose business is that? -Nobody's business.
甚至都不值得讨论 我们不必谈论这件事
It's not even worth talking about. -We don't have to talk about it.
你想谈谈吗 -不
Do you wanna talk about it? -No.
好 那就好 那别谈这事了
Good. Good then. Let's not do that. Let's not talk about it.
不如我们把事件经过复盘一下
Let's start with an account of what happened.
诚实地复盘
An honest account.
仅仅是复盘而已 只要我们确定了事实
No, an account. We can move in the direction of honesty
它自会指引诚实的方向 -诚实的方向
once we've decided on the facts. In the direction of honesty?
现阶段 我先不排除诚实
I'm not ruling out honesty at this stage.
所以说 你当时在参加婚礼 时间是晚上 深夜了
So, you were at the wedding, it's an evening do, it's late.
我有点喝醉了
Er, I was a little drunk.
我看未必 -什么
Not in my opinion. -I'm sorry?
我认为你并没有喝醉 -你又不在
I disagree about you being drunk. You weren't there.
我们是记者 不是目击者
We're journalists, we're never there.
我们存在的意义
Having opinions about things we didn't witness
就是对所有未亲历的事件发表看法
is the entire point of our existence.
我们是事件发生后出现的少数勇敢者
We are the brave few who turn up after the event
然后解释给其他错过这些事件的人们听
and explain it to everyone else who missed it.
如此愤世嫉俗的你 是如何度过每一天的
How do you get through the day being this cynical?
分毫未损 所以说当时
Unhurt. So at some point,
你在朋友之间 也许是一群狐朋狗友
surrounded by friends, probably laughing friends,
你开了某个玩笑
you make some sort of a joke.
无伤大雅的玩笑 -无伤大雅吗
A harmless joke. -Harmless?
是的 根本就无关紧要的玩笑
Yes, harmless, completely harmless.
据传 主播道格拉斯·贝洛斯 在婚礼派对上
"Overheard, presenter Douglas Bellowes
开了个 极具性别歧视的玩笑
"making an extremely sexist joke at a wedding party."
我没有 -"真恶心" 推主似乎并不觉得这玩笑无伤大雅
I didn't... -"Disgusted." Tweeter doesn't seem to think it was harmless.
你觉得是为什么
Why is that, do you think?
因为推主就是个蠢货 -还有呢
Because the tweeter is an idiot? Tell me more.
没有了啊
I don't know anymore.
我没见过她 我甚至都没注意到她
I didn't see her. I didn't even notice her.
但你知道人家是个蠢货 -我觉得她是个蠢货
But you know about the idiocy? -I'm assuming the idiocy.
因为她发了一条推特 控诉你性别歧视吗
Because of a single tweet accusing you of sexism?
当然 -够讽刺了
Yes. Ironically enough.
讽刺吗 -因为你还觉得推主也是位女性
Ironically? Because you're also assuming the tweeter is a woman.
噢 老天
Oh, Christ.
帕特里克·哈兰 我猜他是男的 你呢
"Patrick Harland." Man, I'd say, wouldn't you?
好吧 确实有可能 -他 他听起来是这样呢
Yes, that does seem like likely. He him. Sounds pretty sure.
你说的啥笑话 -我不知道
What was the joke?
啥叫你不知道 -我又记不住我说过什么
I don't know. You don't know? I don't remember what I said.
婚礼三天前办的 我还喝醉了 能想起啥啊
It was a wedding three days ago. I was drinking. Why would I remember?
好的 我明白了
Okay, I see.
所以说 你不记得说了什么笑话 但是你记得笑话无伤大雅
So you don't remember the joke, but you do remember it was harmless?
是的 -同样的 对于一个你从未注意到的人
Yes. Just like you remember that
你记得人家性别女 是个蠢货
someone you never even noticed is an idiot and a woman
仅仅因为她 哦不对 他 对某件事的记忆与你不同
just because she-oops-he remembers it a bit differently from you.
没错 -即使你对那件事没有任何记忆
Yes. Even though you don't remember it at all?
我只是把真♥相♥告诉你 你想知道的不是这个吗
I'm just telling you the truth. Isn't that what you want?
真♥相♥确实对我有用
Well, the truth is useful, yes,
但是我更想要没有添油加醋的版本
but I'd prefer something a little more balanced.
我们是做新闻的 真♥相♥只是故事的其中一面
We're in news. Truth is only one side of the story.
可这不是新闻啊 -马上就会是了 就是你
This isn't news. -It's going to be news. It's you.
道格拉斯 不管你喜不喜欢 反正我是不太喜欢的
Like it or not, Douglas, and I don't much,
在这个世界上 肩负权力和影响力重任的人
there are a rare few in this world
少之又少
who carry the burden of power and influence,
一周里有五天时间 你走进电视台演播厅
and five evenings a week, you walk into a television studio
跟着提词器 念出那些人的名字
and read out their names from an auto cue.
随着时间的推移
Now it's a fact that audiences over time
观众开始将电视主播与真人联♥系♥起来 这就是事实
begin to associate television presenters with real people.
听着 很扯淡 但这是无法避免的
It's deluded, but it's inevitable.
过去十年里 每次一发生危机 或者自然灾害
In every crisis and natural disaster for the last 10 years,
他们就会看见你 在最前线讲解着视频画面
they've seen you, out there on the front line, introducing the footage.
十多年来 你的脸一直是
For over a decade, your face has been
战争 饥荒 暴行 和王室成员新闻的首选
the clear popular choice for wars, famines, atrocities and Royals.
国宝级人物去世 也是从你的嘴里播报的
When a national treasure dies, it comes out of your mouth.
在我们的观众看来
As far as our viewers are concerned,
你的声音一出现 就伴随着名人的离世
your voice is what makes famous people dead.
所以 请你谨慎使用这一致命工具
So please use that instrument of death with care.
我要跟你说多少遍 当你在公共场合时
How many times do I have to tell you, when you're out in public,
公众听得见你
when civilians can hear you,
你必须保持不偏不倚 做个无聊无趣的人
you must be balanced, boring and bland.
你应该遵循零认知内容原则
You should be aspiring to net zero cognitive content.
而不是俏皮话说个不停
Not slobbering out witticisms
就跟圣诞派对时 你在气象女主播面前那样
like you've cornered the weather girl at the Christmas party.
玛德琳她怎么样了
Well, what about Madeline?
什么玛德琳 -她不是社媒狂热人士吗
Madeline? Well, she's all over social media.
她说不定会刷到呢 -那怎么了
She might see this. So what?
她 你知道的 -她怎么了
Well, she's, you know... -What is she?
她 她有时候
Well, she's... Sometimes she's...
我害怕得屏住了呼吸
I'm holding my breath in terror at your next adjective
祈祷你要说的下个形容词 跟她的女性身份没有关系
and praying it will not refer to the fact that she's female. Well, Madeline is Madeline. -Well done.
零认知内容原则 每日思考一下
Net zero cognitive content. Verging on Thought For The Day.
玛德琳她没事的 她很喜欢你 你知道的
Madeline will be fine. She adores you. You know that.
好的 -所有人都知道这一点
Okay. -Everyone knows that.
抱歉 什么 -他有三百粉丝呢
Sorry what? -He's got 300 followers!
谁啊 -帕特里克·哈兰
Who has? -Patrick Harland,
推主 -三百成不了气候的
the tweeter. Three hundred, well, that's nothing.
不过是亲友 亲友的亲友 加上一帮俄♥罗♥斯♥的僵尸号♥
That's just friends and friends of friends and a bot farm in Russia.
有人转他的推 转发之上还有转发
He's getting retweeted though, and the retweets are getting retweeted,
热度会消散的
It'll blow over.
听着 我晚饭有约了 待会再跟你说
Look, I've got a dinner thing. I'll talk to you later.
我正在实时刷新呢 帖子如潮水般涌来
I've got it on live update. It's coming in waves now.
这就跟《祖鲁战争》里的迈克尔·凯恩一样
It's like being Michael Caine in Zulu.
这没啥的 它自会消失的 回见
It's nothing. It'll burn itself out. I'll see you.
剧集 | 道格拉斯被取消了(2024) | 导航列表