and they are hungry for anything that I might bring 'em.
但我能从妳这种人身上 得到什麽好处?说啊
But what kind of deal would I need from the likes of, you know, you? Yeah?
卡亚纳需要枪
Kaʻiana needs guns.
枪?
Guns?
就算我想替妳弄枪也没办法
I couldn't get you guns if I wanted to.
太多繁文缛节了
It's too much trouble with the officials, you know.
我有朋友可以鑽漏洞
I have friends who work around them.
所以是走私犯吗?好喔
So smugglers? Right.
看来妳是要借钱
So you're looking for a loan.
其实呢...
See...
恐怕我也没兴趣做这门生意
afraid that's not a business I entertain, either.
我会用人人求之不得的一门生意回报你
You will be repaid with a business endeavor men kill for.
檀香木?
Sandalwood?
它非常稀有
It is so rare
三宝颜的贸易商可以用五倍价格
that a trader from Zamboanga can sell it for five times its value
卖♥♥到中国跟欧洲
in both China and Europe.
而且在我们的岛上取之不尽
And our islands have mountains full of it.
妳要做檀香木生意?
You want to start a sandalwood trade?
我们可以合伙
We would be partners.
这会让你得到作梦都想不到的财富
It will make you richer than you ever thought possible.
我们只有一艘船
Well, we would only be one ship, you know.
该如何跟东印度公♥司♥抗衡?
So how would we compete against East India?
他们不知道我们的小岛群在哪裡
They do not know where our small islands lie.
而且卡亚纳会帮你说服 我们故乡的领袖核准这门生意
And you will have Kaʻiana to help convince the chiefs of our home to allow it.
妳要卖♥♥掉我们的故乡?
You sell our home?
不是
No.
这会是属于我们的交易
The trade would be ours.
收益能造福我们的同胞
The money to benefit our people.
会成功的,卡亚纳
It will work, Kaʻiana.
这件事我想了很多年
I have thought about this for many years.
对,可能会成功
Yeah, it could work.
妳已经离开太久
You have been gone too long.
妳看待世界的眼光跟白人一样了
You see the world like the Paleskin.
你也应该如此,卡亚纳
You should too, Kaʻiana.
今非昔比了
It was not always like this here.
在西班牙人抵达前,这裡曾是他们的故乡
This was their home before the Spanish came.
他们夺走了一切
They took everything.
他们会去我们的群岛 把那裡变成另一个三宝颜
They will come to our islands. Turn that into another Zamboanga.
我们会跟他们拚了
We will fight them.
用什麽拚?你的战矛吗?
With what? Your spear?
绝对敌不过他们的枪砲
That is no match for their guns
而且白人的贪慾 比你信奉的任何神明或先知都强大
and the Pale-man's greed is stronger than any god or prophesy you fight for.
一定有别的方式
There has to be another way.
我们的水域迟早会挤满外国船隻
It is only a matter of time before our waters will be full of foreign ships,
全都是来进行贸易 或夺走我们拥有的东西
all of which to trade or to take what we have.
檀香木能卖♥♥钱,而白人的眼裡只有钱
Sandalwood is money, and money is all the Pale-man respect.
或许妳也一样
Maybe all you respect, too.
我们能掌控我们同胞的未来
We can control the future of our people.
但必须有你的帮忙,卡亚纳
But we cannot do it without you, Kaʻiana.
唯独你这个酋长知道谁会踏上我们的海岸
You are the only chief who knows what will come to our shores.
我们若不控制贸易,就会失去一切
Either we control the trade or we lose everything.
带着你的枪,我们回家吧
Get your guns and let us return home.
晚安,梅特卡夫船长
Good evening, Captain Metcalfe.
梅特卡夫船长
Captain Metcalfe.
我认识你吗?
Do I know you?
我是马利,铁匠与军械师
I'm Marley, a blacksmith and armorer by trade.
我已经有船员了,马利先生
I have crew, Mr. Marley.
我没有要找工作,船长
I'm not looking for a job, Captain.
在太平洋深处 有一大群地图上没有的岛屿
There's a cluster of unmapped islands deep in the Pacific.
还没被基♥督♥教♥徒♥染指
Untouched by the hands of Christian men.
只要佔据这些岛屿
Whoever takes these islands
就能控制太平洋从阿♥拉♥斯加到广东的航线
can control the pathways of the Pacific from Alaska to Canton.
老天爷,我们会成为自家天堂的国王
Why, we'd be the kings of our own paradise.
你为何告诉我这些?
Why bring this to me?
我近距离看过那些土人
I've seen the Sand Savage up close.
他们是一群战士,不怕火绳枪与大砲
They are a warrior people with no fear of musket and cannon,
目前是如此
as of yet.
很少商船的船长愿意做必要的事,才能...
Few trade-captains would be willing to do what must be done in order to...
驯服他们
tame them.
父亲
Father.
妳要知道
So you know,
妳的母亲与我是经过深思熟虑 才把妳许配给他
your mother and I did not betroth you without careful consideration.
你必须对你的酋长负责
You have a duty to your Chief.
妳以为我是基于责任 才让我的独生女出嫁吗?
You think that I would give my only daughter away out of duty?
身为国王
As king,
卡美哈梅哈会面临很多未知数
Kamehameha will face many unknowns.
众神已经让我看得一清二楚,卡胡玛努
The gods have made it clear to me, Kaʻahumanu,
他需要的人就是妳
the person he needs is you.
那麽,众神为何要对我隐瞒秘密?
Then why have the gods kept their secrets from me?
身为酋长之妻 我的首要职责就是替他生一个儿子
As a Chief's wife, my first duty is to bear him a son,
让他传宗接代
an heir to help spread his legacy.
女先知完全没看见我的未来
The Prophetess saw nothing for me.
她说卡美哈梅哈的后代无法由我孕育
She said the seed of Kamehameha cannot live in me.
什麽意思?
What does that mean?
意思是我永远无法替他生孩子
It means I will never bear him children.
当他无法指望我
When he sees there is no future with me,
就会去娶一个能替他传宗接代的妻子
he will turn to a wife that can carry his child.
我非常抱歉,父亲
I am so sorry, Father,
但我永远无法达到你的期望
but I will never be what you hoped for.
千万别把这件事告诉他
Never tell him this.
妳叫什麽名字?
Well, what's your name?
来吧,由妳带路
Come on. You show me the way.
妳好,来自东茂宜的绝美花朵
Greetings to you, the finest blossom of East Maui.
身为他最新任的妻子 妳要依照惯例跟他同床
As his newest wife, you will share his bed as we do.
妳的人生就是为了服侍他
Your life will be in service of his.
不要抵抗,卡胡玛努
Do not fight it, Kaʻahumanu.
妳的孩子将统一夏威夷与茂宜
Your children will bring the union of Hawaiʻi with Maui.
这是祝福
It is a blessing.
这是怎麽回事?
What is this?
传承仪式
Hoʻomaukeiki.
众神要求卡胡玛努 替卡美哈梅哈生一个儿子
The gods ask Kaʻahumanu to give Kamehameha a son.
窜升火焰之女啊
To the woman in the rising flame,
众人曾寻找失物,现在已复得
there was a seeking of the lost. Now it is found.
伴侣现身,共享凛冽寒冬
A mate is found, one to share the chills of winter.
天空正在改变
The sky is changing.
万物得以喘息
Hākoʻilani, the house of respite is secured.
爱情的誓约让你俩结合
Love has made a plea that you two become united.
这是栖木,神圣的歇息之地
Here is a perch, a heavenly resting place.
现在你俩合而为一,黑暗退散
You two are now one. The darkness withdraws.
东方开始明亮
The east is beginning to brighten.
因为这一天终于来临
For the day is here at last!
今晚遵守戒律,直到白昼降临
The night is kapu until the light of the day arrives.
你们已成亲
You are wedded,
彼此水乳♥交♥融
free to each other.
祝祷已生效
The prayer has taken flight.
神圣之日降临
The day is here.
祝祷已出口
The prayer is said.
戒律已释放
The kapu is freed.
我愿众神在今晚祝福我们
I pray the gods have blessed us this night.
是,我的酋长
Yes, my Chief.
(库克群岛,阿图伊,欧尼浩)
(摩罗泰,塔胡洛瓦,莫威,奥怀希)
你这黑人在黑暗中 还真是如鱼得水,小子,对吧?
You move real easy in the dark with that nigger skin, don't ya, boy?
马利,你来这裡做什麽?
What the hell are you doing here, Marley?
我就...船长要我来...
I just... Captain asked me to...
船长根本没叫你做任何事
Captain never told you nothing.
对
Yeah.
我们何不等他回来,再听听他怎麽说
Well, why don't we wait for him to come back and we'll see what he said.
他死了就没价值了
He'd be worth more alive than dead.
你听见了吗?
Did ya hear that?
我要把你送回你的家乡
I'm gonna send you back where you belong.
不...