船桨打在我的头上 断了
Canoe paddle broken over my head.
什么
What?
他们应当被处以石刑
They shall be stoned.
派刽子手去
Send the executioners.
等等
Wait.
谁也不许伤害他们
No one will harm them.
我才是
I am the one
该被处以石刑的人
who should be slain by stones.
我遭到攻击
I was attacked
因为他们以为我去那里
because they thought I was there
是为了掠夺他们的村庄
to plunder their village.
因为酋长们
For the Chiefs
已经制♥造♥了一个轮回
have built a cycle
由战争
of war
和恐惧构成
and fear.
恐惧是很有用的工具
Fear can be a useful tool.
我不希望我的人♥民♥那样生活
I do not want my people to live like that.
我要制定新的法律
I make a new law.
和平的法律
A law of peace.
没有国王 酋长和战士
No king, Chief, or warrior
主动杀人
will seek to kill,
除非生命受到威胁
unless life is threatened.
无论平民还是王族
Let everyone, common or royal,
人人都能自♥由♥前行
go forth and be free
不受伤害 不再恐惧
from harm or fear.
这就是断桨法典
This is the law of the Splintered Paddle.
它保护每一个人
It protects everyone,
甚至包括凯欧乌阿
even Keōua.
违法者
To break this law,
死
is to die.
站住
Stop there!
我空手而来
I come to you with an empty hand.
卡赫基利国王 我父亲的对手
King Kahekili, rival to my father.
让夏威夷人到我这里来
Let the Hawai?i men come to me.
你要尊敬国王
You will honor the King.
凯欧乌阿
Keōua,
卡拉尼欧普乌之子 他曾是我最敬佩的敌人
son of Kalani?ōpu?u, my most respected enemy.
坐
Sit.
你不请自来 两手空空 算你勇敢
It was brave of you to come unannounced and unarmed.
不需要勇敢
No bravery needed.
你的人把威基基丢在一边 无所作为
Your men leave Waikīkī unattended,
倒是把“懒惰”练得炉火纯青
to excel in the art of laziness.
我知道你在干什么
I am aware of your campaign.
你自称是古代预言的化身
You claim to be the fulfillment of the ancient Prophecy.
你是来效忠预言之子的吗
You are here to give allegiance to the Prophesied One?
预言是骗人的
The Prophecy is a lie.
我不效忠于任何人
I claim allegiance to no one.
你来这里 既不是为了杀我
You are not here to kill
也不是为了尊敬我
or honor me.
你到底想要什么
So what do you want?
我的表亲卡美哈美哈
My cousin, Kamehameha,
自称是夏威夷王国的继承人
claims to be the heir of Hawai?i's Kingdom.
属于我的东西被夺走了
I have been stripped of what is mine.
我要人帮我夺回来
I ask for men to get it back.
夏威夷现在是分♥裂♥的 - 别说了
Hawai?i is divided. - Stop.
我为什么不现在就杀了你
Why not kill you where you stand
从而夺取你的王国
and take your kingdom now?
如果我死在这里
If I die here,
夏威夷王国会在卡美哈美哈的领导下统一
Hawai?i's Kingdom will unite under Kamehameha,
而毛伊从未战胜过统一的夏威夷
and Maui has never defeated a unified Hawai?i.
我还知道 你在欧胡这里依然面对着抵抗
And I know you still face resistance here on O'ahu.
我帮你有什么好处
What do I get in return for helping you?
我们各王国之间的和平
Peace among our kingdoms.
你可以去任何王国追寻你的预言
You can chase your prophecy among whomever you want
夏威夷就永远不会与你为敌
and Hawai?i will never stand against you,
只要你让我们安宁
as long as you leave us in peace.
我看到你的眼神炙热
I see the fire in your eyes.
我会派出最精锐的部队
I will send my finest battalion.
下去吧
Go.
我的神应验了
My god is at work
即将把夏威夷赐予我
to deliver Hawai?i's Kingdom.
他们分♥裂♥了
They are divided.
把欧普努伊带来
Bring me ?ōpūnui.
欧普努伊是个混乱之人 我去吧
'ōpūnui is a man of chaos. I will go.
混乱能孕育出统治的和谐
Chaos brings the harmony of rule.
你留下
You stay.
派人去找欧普努伊
Send me ?ōpūnui.
欧普努伊
'ōpūnui.
凯欧乌阿需要毛伊的人
Keōua has need of Maui's Men.
你的国王要你率领他们
Your King asks you to lead them.
国王已经不要求儿子做真男人的工作了
The King no longer asks his son to do the work of real men?
我会去的
I will go.
当毛伊帮助凯欧乌阿赢得他的王国
And when Maui helps Keōua to win his kingdom,
我会偷走他的胜利
I will steal his victory
把他的内脏带回来
and bring back his intestines
装饰你父亲的祭坛
to decorate your father's altars.
我父亲让你先别杀凯欧乌阿
My father does not ask you to kill Keōua yet.
国王派你来找我
The King has sent you to me
因为他知道你不会动手
because he knows you won't.
你找我 酋长
You called me, my Chief.
你把卡艾阿纳带到了我的议会
You brought Ka?iana to my council.
众神赐福了
The gods have blessed it,
但是
but,
他的道路清晰吗
is his path clear?
卡艾阿纳看待世界的方式 和我们不一样 酋长
Ka?iana sees the world in a way we do not, my Chief.
但我们应该用那种方式看世界吗
But is it the way we should see it?
我们也许别无选择
We may not have a choice.
不过和你一样 卡艾阿纳把和平看得最重
Though, like you, Ka?iana seeks peace above all else.
你信任他
You trust him.
我相信你会做正确的事
I trust he will do what is right.
卡艾阿纳会帮我们的
Ka?iana will help us.
他听你的
He listens to you.
这不是你想要的吗
Is that not what you wanted?
是的
It is,
但你让卡美哈美哈和卡艾阿纳 纠缠在了一起 没法轻易分开了
but you have woven Kamehameha and Ka?iana in a way that cannot easily be undone.
卡美哈美哈是人♥民♥的心脏 卡艾阿纳是拳头
Kamehameha is the heart of our people, and Ka?iana is the fist.
面对即将到来的麻烦 这两样我们都需要
We will need both to face the troubles that will come our way.
但如果不成功 所有人都会盯着 你这个把他们凑到一起的人
But if it does not work, all eyes will look to you, who brought them together.
记住 你是站在卡美哈美哈这边的
Remember it is Kamehameha you stand with.
而不是卡艾阿纳
Not Ka?iana.