(改编自真实事件)
(夏威夷群岛)
(18世纪末)
我们的同胞 在我们美丽的群岛上繁荣兴盛
Our people thrive in the beauty of our islands.
但我们并非一体
But we do not stand as one.
而是共享一片海洋的四个王国
We are four kingdoms joined by water...
(欧胡王国)
(茂宜王国)
(考艾王国)
(夏威夷王国)
但我们被奸诈的酋长与强大的众神分化
...but we are separated by cunning Chiefs and powerful gods.
他们让我们陷入无止尽的战争中
They keep us in a cycle of endless war.
远古预言有云
The Ancient Prophecy says:
“披挂着羽毛披风的星辰 象徵一位伟大国王的窜起
"A Star with a Feathered Cape will signal the rise of a great King,
他将统一各王国,并结束多年来的战争”
who will unite the kingdoms and end the age of war."
我们等待了好几个世代
We waited for generations,
直到终于出现这个预兆
until the sign finally came.
但没有国王窜起
But no King has arisen.
停
Stop!
发现一条了
We found one!
好大一条啊,卡亚纳
That's a big one, Kaʻiana.
这是一个预兆
It's an omen.
准备卡瓦醉椒的根
Prepare the ʻawa root.
把套索给我
Give me the noose
然后切鱼
and ready a fish.
把卡瓦醉椒根丢入深海
Throw the ʻawa deep!
这是一个好的预兆,对吧?
This is a good omen, right?
海裡的卡瓦醉椒根无法让鲨鱼昏迷太久
The ʻawa in the water won't sedate the shark much longer.
绳子...
Rope! Rope!
用力拉...
Pull! Pull!
卡瓦醉椒根...
ʻAwa! ʻAwa!
快划
Paddle!
快划
Paddle!
愿生命得以靠你的死亡维繫
In your death may life be preserved.
(考艾王国)
住手
Stop!
出去
Get out!
滚出去,你们这群流浪狗
Get out, you stray dogs!
我的食物
My food!
滚出去
Get out!
村民说你们是流放者
The villagers call you outcasts,
是考艾的异类
strangers to Kauaʻi.
但你的羽毛披风有茂宜王室的颜色
But your feather cape bears the royal colors of Maui.
你是酋长
You are a Chief.
你为何要过这种生活?
So why do you live like this?
村民说得没错,小子
The villagers are right about us, boy.
但我不是酋长,茂宜也不再是我的故乡
But I am no Chief, and Maui is no longer my home.
你掳获他的心了
You really won him over.
你必须更懂得应付小孩
You'll need to get better with kids.
为什麽?
Why?
因为我想生一个
Because I want one.
叫妳姊姊清醒一点 考艾的阳光把她晒晕了
Talk to your sister, the Kauaʻi sun is getting to her.
我觉得生孩子是很好的事
I think a baby is a great idea.
没办法
We can't.
纳西讨厌小孩
Nāhi hates kids.
你的弟弟们不会介意啦
Your brothers will be fine,
而且你会是个好爸爸
and you will make a good father.
那艘独木舟是从茂宜来的
The canoe is from Maui.
他们是来找我们吗?
They're here for us?
是的话,我们就没有藏身之处
If they are, there is nowhere to hide.
卡亚纳,你在三季前来这裡避难时
Kaʻiana, when you sought refuge here three seasons ago,
跟考艾女王保证过茂宜人不会来找麻烦
you promised Kauaʻi's queen no trouble with Maui.
你要说到做到
Honor that promise.
卡亚纳
Kaʻiana.
茂宜的伟大战酋之子
Son of Maui's great War Chief,
也是国王军队的逃兵
and deserter of the King's army.
你抛弃土地与头衔,就是为了这一切吗?
So this is what you abandoned your lands and title for?
你的国王要召见你
Your king has need for you at his council.
为何要召见我?
What need?
我不知道考艾酋长们的容忍♥度有多高
I don't know what is tolerated among the Chiefs of Kauaʻi,
但忽视茂宜王室诏令者
but to ignore a royal messenger of Maui,
就得割舌以兹惩处
is to sacrifice the tongue of the man who dared it.
卡赫克里国王下令
At King Kahekili's request,
你明天早上要去茂宜海岸跟我们见面
you will meet us on Maui shores tomorrow.
你离开茂宜军队时
When you left Maui's army,
我矢言要把你的心脏拿去喂猪
I vowed to feed your heart to the pigs.
你能活到现在,是因为你的国王施恩
You live today only by the mercy of your king.
是我找到你,卡亚纳
I am the one who found you, Kaʻiana.
若你逃走,我会再次找到你
If you run, I will find you again.
《战酋》
(茂宜王国)
他们正在等
They are waiting.
就让他们等吧
They can wait.
别再拖延了
No more delay.
你给国王的贡品已经准备好了
Your offering is ready for the King.
有些人原本怀疑你不会来
Some of the men questioned whether or not you would come.
库普雷,我来这裡做什麽?
Why am I here, Kūpule?
你故意让我们等 现在还搞不清楚为何而来?
You have made us wait, and now you question why you have been called?
你很快就会瞭解情况了,卡亚纳
All will be made known, Kaʻiana.
家父在战士训练场等你 我是来护送你过去的
My father waits at the warrior fields, I've come to escort you.
我从小就看着你跟你的父亲一起训练
I used to watch you train with your father when I was a kid.
我一直知道茂宜永远不会沦陷
I always knew Maui would never fall
只要由你带领我们
as long as you would lead us.
你能回来真好
It is good to have you back.
我没有要回来
I'm not back.
用这种方式欢迎落跑酋长再恰当不过
An expected welcome to a dog Chief who abandoned his post.
钝矛?
Blunted spears?
你不用传统方式训练他们了吗?
You don't train them in the old way?
若用传统方式,努伊会杀光我们
Nui would tear through our men otherwise.
没人能突破他的矛
No man can reach him behind his spears,
遑论在战斗时击败他
let alone defeat him in combat.
听着
Listen!
卡亚纳会用传统方式跟努伊对决
Kaʻiana will face Nui in the old way,
肉搏战
the way of battle.
把战矛拿出来
Bring the spears of war!
雷电震天
It is thunder that shakes the skies.
众人下跪
So we kneel before
向撼动天地的上帝之声俯伏
the voice of the god who makes the skies tremble.
别再打官腔了
Enough formalities.
站起来,卡亚纳
Stand Kaʻiana.
跟你的叔叔致意吧
Share Aloha with your uncle.
矛宛如风,与你擦肩而过
Spears brush past you like the wind.
有其父必有其子
Just like your father.
你的父亲以战酋身分 不只一次保住我的王国
Your father preserved my kingdom more than once as Chief of War,
我每天都很想念他
and I miss him every day.
纳玛基
Nāmake!
纳西
Nāhi!
我一直很想念你们
I've missed you.
卡亚纳或许跟你父亲一样骁勇善战
Kaʻiana may fight like your father,
但你老爸把那张丑脸遗传给你
but your old man gave you his ugly...
那是我最想念的部分
...and I miss that the most.
你要荣耀他,再次加入我吧
You honor him by joining me again.
我们奉命来这裡
We are here at your request,
但我们会回去宁静的考艾
but we will return to the quiet of Kauaʻi.
太好了
Beautiful.
你不必担心,卡亚纳
You needn't be concerned, Kaʻiana.
你离开我的军队自有原因
You had your reasons for leaving my army.
我不会心存芥蒂
I hold no animosity for that.
来吧
Come.
你叫我们来做什麽?
Why have you sent for us?
我们的王国正面临巨大的威胁
There is a great threat facing our kingdom.
我们的先知预见
Our Seers have foreseen
我们的同胞成为奴隶
the enslavement of our people
被欧胡统治
under the rule of Oʻahu.
我方间谍回报说 他们的军队规模是我们的两倍
Our spies report their army is twice the size of ours.