But I know these men and I speak the truth.
卡艾阿纳 那你希望我怎么做
So, what would you have me do, Ka?iana?
像你叔叔那么做
Do as your uncle.
他杀死了库克船长 把他的尸骨还给了他手下的人
He killed Captain Cook and offered his bones back to his men.
我叔叔交还尸骨是表示敬意
My uncle gave the bones as a sign of respect.
他们可不这么看
That is not what they saw.
他们看到一个野蛮的国王 把自己船长的肉从骨头上剥了下来
They saw a savage king who stripped their captain's flesh from his bones.
利用这些人给全世界传达一个信息
Use these men and send a message to the world
告诉他们谁也别想控制这里的岛屿
that no one will control these islands.
这不符合保护弱者之法的精神
This is not the way of the Māmalahoa Law.
这样的人根本不配 得到仁慈与和平的律法的庇护
Men like these are beneath the laws of mercy and peace.
他们就是毒瘤 是玷污这片土地的秽物 会将我们毁灭
They are the rot, the filth that infects this land and will destroy us.
我已颁布了一道法令
I have made a decree.
这些人并未表现出他们是来送死的
These men have not shown they are here for death,
所以...
so...
我们不会杀了他们
we will not give it to them.
卡美哈美哈已经下令 他的王国将是一个和平的国度
Kamehameha has decreed that his kingdom will be one of peace.
你不了解这些人
You don't know these men
也不知道只要有机会 他们能做出什么事来
or what they're capable of given the chance.
卡美哈美哈只能谈及他们在此所为
Kamehameha can only speak to what they have done here.
而他们对我们什么都没做
They have done nothing to us.
还没做而已
Not yet.
你们得明白 他们没把你们当人看
Y'all gotta understand. They don't see you as people.
他们眼中只有 能买♥♥ 能卖♥♥或能拥有的东西
They only see what they can buy, sell or own.
我们不能违反保护弱者之法
We cannot break the law of Māmalahoa.
保护弱者之法不会阻止这些人伤害你们
Māmalahoa will not protect you from men like this.
这些是你大洋彼岸的敌人 卡艾阿纳
These are your enemies from across the sea, Ka?iana.
他们在这里不是敌人
They are no enemy here.
我们不知道卡艾阿纳看到过什么
We do not know what Ka?iana has seen.
我们哥哥看到的东西 不是卡美哈美哈的负担
What our brother has seen is not Kamehameha's burden.
你说的是事实
You speak the truth.
卡美哈美哈会是一位好国王
Kamehameha will be a good king.
这件事我自己处理
I will take care of this myself.
卡艾阿纳
Ka?iana.
你怎么不说话
Why did you not say something?
他不听我的了
He no longer listens to me.
你真以为能回到这里 却不用面对我吗
Did you think you could return here and not face me?
只有一个魔鬼比你更坏
There's only one devil worse than you.
你那样对我 现在就让你见见他
And you gonna meet him after what you did to me.
卡艾阿纳
Ka?iana!
起来
Get up.
叫他们退下 - 退下...
Tell them to get back. - Get back. Get back.
这是什么意思
What is the meaning of this?
好了...
Okay. Okay.
嘿
Hey,
卡艾阿纳
Ka?iana.
我叫你别这么干了
I told you not to do this.
有些外面世界的事你没法理解
There are truths of the outside world you cannot understand.
不是你的错
It is not your fault,
但不能让这种人影响我们
but men like this cannot have influence on us.
你还没有违反保护弱者之法
You have not broken the law of Māmalahoa,
但如果你违法
but if you do,
我的人将别无选择
my men will have no choice
只得将你斩杀
but to cut you down.
未来的结果不会由我来承担
The result of what is to come will not rest on me.
而是由你
It will fall on you.
把枪都放下
Guns down.
我承诺白皮人保他们安全
I promised the Palemen safety.
用鲜血传递的信息只能得到鲜血的回应
A message in blood will only be answered in blood.
我能应付来到海岸的这些人
I can navigate what comes to these shores.
我会保护大家的
I will protect us.
这不是你的责任 兄弟
The burden does not belong to you, brother.
是我的
It belongs to me.
我会派约翰杨去给船长
I will send John Young to the captain
送食物和水
with food and water
我希望他能回到自己的土地去
and my wishes that he returns to his lands.
他会传话过去 说我们是爱好和平 心地善良的民族
He will send word that we are a people of peace and goodwill,
但我们也有保卫家园的战士
but that we have warriors who will fight for our home.
没用的
It will not matter.
他们视我们为弱者
They see us as weak.
你已经向他们展示了这是事实
And you have shown it to be true.
就这么定了
It is settled.
白皮人会走的
The Palemen will leave.
卡艾阿纳已被警告要遵从我们酋长的意愿
And Ka?iana has been warned to honor our chief's wishes.
纳马克
Nāmake!
卡艾阿纳
Ka?iana.
是你告的密
You told him.
是你 对不对
You told him, didn't you?
卡美哈美哈 你相信他胜过相信我
Kamehameha. You put your faith in him above me?
在这件事上是
On this, yes.
我相信卡美哈美哈
I trust Kamehameha.
但我什么都没做
But I have done nothing.
我回来后 你变了
You have changed since I've been back.
你变了 弟弟
You are not the same, brother.
你也变了
Neither are you.
你不知道我看见了什么
You do not know what I have seen.
卡艾阿纳 你干什么
What are you doing, Ka?iana?
卡美哈美哈到船上去了
Kamehameha came to the ship.
他保护了白皮人
He protects the Paleskin.
卡美哈美哈是酋长
Kamehameha is chief.
但你是我哥
But you are my brother.
我发誓 我没告诉他
And I swear, I did not tell him.
那卡美哈美哈是怎么知道的
Then how did Kamehameha know?
我一直支持你 视你为我的酋长
I have always stood by you as my chief.
但我眼前的人不是那个酋长 那个酋长不会违反保护弱者之法
But the man before me is not him. He would not break Māmalahoa.
保护弱者之法 无法保护我们的海岸不受白皮人侵犯
Māmalahoa will not keep the Paleskin from our shores.
他们不需要来这里伤害我们 卡艾阿纳
They do not need to be here to hurt us, Ka?iana.
你看不出来吗
Do you not see?
我们学他们的语言 用他们的武器
We learn their language and use their weapons.
我怕他们那一套做法♥会♥像疾病一样传过来
I fear their ways will sweep through us like a sickness
改变我们 就像改变了你一样
and change us as they have changed you.
是你
You.
纳希 别
Nāhi, do not.
是你背叛了卡艾阿纳
You betrayed Ka?iana.
我别无选择
I had to.
这不是第一次了
This was not the first time.
不知道的事别乱说 纳希
Do not speak on what you do not know, Nāhi.
别担心 兄弟 我不会对你动手的
Do not worry, brother. I will raise no hand to you.
这个家不值得你为之奋斗了
This family is not worth fighting for.
卡美哈美哈酋长要求你们
Chief Kamehameha asks
离开这些岛屿 以避免进一步冲突
that you leave these islands to avoid further conflict.
你们相信这位“卡亚阿纳” 和一个黑人的话 不信我们的
You take the word of this Kaiyanna and the Black over ours?
约翰 你变成这样了吗
Is this what you've become, John?
伙计们 看到了吗
You see what we have here, boys?
棕皮肤野蛮人找了个跑腿的臭小子
Damned errand boy for the sun-baked savage.
卡美哈美哈酋长是个公正的人
Chief Kamehameha is a fair man.
他不会因为没看到的事评判你们
He does not judge you on what he does not see.
是你酋长的人想趁我们睡着了杀了我们
It was your chief's man who tried to kill us in our sleep.
这就是他的公正吗
Is that his measure of fair?
那是卡艾阿纳的个人行为 他将受到处罚
Ka?iana acted on his own and will be dealt with.
卡美哈美哈酋长对你们没有恶意 但你们必须离开
Chief Kamehameha means you no ill will, but you must leave.
这些人似乎信任你 肯听你的 杨先生
You seem to have the ear of these people, Mr. Young.
无论这里开展什么事业 你都会是其中举足轻重的人物
You would be an important man in any enterprise that would take place here.
走吧
Go.
卡美哈美哈酋长祈祷你们回家一路平安
With Chief Kamehameha's prayers for safe passage home, Captain.
你以为到此为止了吗
You think that's it?
这地方是个宝藏
This place is a treasure trove.
一旦消息传出
Once word is out,
人会像潮水一样涌来 谁也阻止不了
there'll be no stopping the tide of men who will come for it.
卡艾阿纳 怎么了
What is it, Ka?iana?
是库普希告诉了卡美哈美哈 我去白皮人的船上了