At what? - At everything!
他好像不知道自己在做什么
It's like he doesn't know what he's doing.
总有个手♥淫♥的家伙 每天没事到处瞎逛
There's always one wanker who faffs around
让别人捡他的事做
and leaves everyone else to pick up the slack.
你现在觉得怎么样? - 很好 是的 非常兴奋
How are you getting on? - Good, yeah. Hectic.
我对特德感到遗憾
Pity about Ted.
自从我来 她没干什么
She hasn't done much since I've been in.
是的 我注意到了 谢谢 弗兰
Right, noted. Cheers, Fran.
你什么时候能把东西交上来 嗯? 周四?
When do you hand your stuff in, eh? Thursday?
周四? - 嗯
Thursday? - Mm.
公平来说 你昨天才雇了我
Fair's fair, you hired me yesterday,
关于工作 什么都没跟我说 我不打算继续...
told me nothing about the job, I'm not going to keep...
让你等到周四 明天一上班
you waiting till Thursday. First thing tomorrow.
就呈给委员会? - 是的 当然 当然
Presenting it to the board? - Yeah, of course. Of course.
太棒了 我希望格斯能多给我 介绍点儿你这样的人
Great stuff. I wish Gus would send me a few more like you.
好好工作!
Get on with it!
"我把他的耳朵放在口袋里一个月
"I kept his ear in my pocket for a month.
"在派对上嚼它
"I used to chew it at parties.
"让你注意 能这么说"
"Gets you noticed, I can tell you."
他有病! 有病!
He's insane! This is insane!
阅读是不能教的
Reading is something that can't be taught.
不 你记得你以前的书
No, you remember your early books.
"彼德喜欢简 简喜欢彼德 彼德有个球"
"Peter likes Jane, Jane likes Peter, Peter has a ball."
"简没有手指"
"Jane has no thumbs."
先生们
Gentlemen.
丹尼! - 你好 谢谢
Danny! - Hello. Thank you.
请坐 - 告诉我 我该做什么?
Have a seat. - Telling me what to do?
没什么 没什么
(Both) No, no, no, no.
嗯 你吃饭了吗? - 喜欢运动衫?
Er, have you eaten? - Like a jumper?
你不觉得无聊吧? 或者... - 没有
You're not bored? Or... - Nah.
开始吧
Let's start.
好吧 你来试试读一页 我们看看你的水平
OK. If you just read a page we'll find your level.
等一下 我不该先学学开始的那堆东西吗?
Hang on. Shouldn't I learn the whatchamacallem first?
那个... 那个... - 什么?
The... the... - Yes?
那个 嗯... - 那个什么?
The, erm... - The what?
字母 - 字母表 我要先知道字母表 才能学单词
The letters - alphabet. I gotta know that before I can make words.
啊
Ahh.
是的 是的 当然
Yes. Yes, of course.
曼尼 过来一下 - 是的
Manny, a moment. - Yes.
他连字母都不认识 他一点儿都不会读书
He doesn't know letters. He can't read at all.
他没去上学 - 但是 他打斯♥诺♥克打得很好
So he missed school - but he's very good at snooker.
真的吗? 太好了 太好了!
Is he? Good. Good!
去 找那本 跟史蒂夫戴维斯学阅读
Go and dig out Learning To Read With Steve Davis.
啊! 行了吧?
Ahh! You see?
我们不是懦夫 - 我是 我一直都是个懦夫
We're not quitters. - I am. I come from a long line of quitters.
我还在这儿 这简直是个奇迹
It's amazing I'm here at all.
他就是个小孩儿 一个被遗弃的小孩儿
He's just an urchin, a foundling.
我们能教他 - 我们不能!
We can teach him. - We can't!
看看这张脸 我敢说 他的玉米片都一直想逃跑!
Look at that face. I bet his cornflakes try to escape!
我们一定要试试 - 我们要教不了怎么办?
We have to try. - What if we can't?
来试试 丹尼
Just try, Danny.
拜托 猜猜看 这是什么字母?
Please, guess. What's the letter?
啊...
Arr...
啊...
Arrr...
啊... 我头疼 我很沮丧...
Argh... I've got a cluster headache. I'm gettin' upset...
我不能呼吸 我得走了
I can't breathe. I've gotta go.
太好了! - 如果你坚持要走的话
That's fine! - If you have to.
这种课程多久之后才能见效?
How long's it take for these lessons to take effect?
我学得好吗? - 太棒了 太棒了!
I am doing well? - Excellent. Excellent!
很有天分
A natural. - (Giggles maniacally)
哦 太好了 太好了
Oh, good. Good.
因为 如果我周五还不能阅读的话
Because if I can't read by Friday,
你们俩都将变成黑面包
you'll both be brown bread.
涂上黄油 和哈利一起 放到船上
Buttered. With Harry. On the boat.
(Grunts)
(Manny coughing, Bernard whimpering)
哈利是谁?!
Who's Harry?!
我没有船!
(Moans) I don't have a boat!
哦 天啊!
Oh, my God!
哦 你们在这儿啊 曼尼 我该怎么做?
Oh, there you are. Manny, what am I gonna do?
我要做一个演讲 或者 交一份报告 或者做一个关于一份报告的演讲...
I have to give a talk or a report or a talk about a report...
我们有大问题了! - 我会被炒的!
We've got a real problem! - I'll get fired!
我们会被杀了的!
We'll get killed!
拜托 你们两个都放松 好不好? - 这都是你的错
Will you both please relax? - This is your fault.
我对于我工作的全部了解 就是 文具柜里 有饼干
All I know about my job is there are biscuits in the stationery cupboard.
哪种饼干? - 我们就要死了!
What kind? - We're gonna die!
没关系. - 不是没关系
It's nothing. - It's not nothing.
他能把印度薄饼完整的吃下去
He eats poppadoms without breaking them.
我们会渡过 你也会没事
We'll buy a lot and you'll be fine.
就去那里 把那件事做了
Just go in there and do the thing.
什么事?
What thing?
我爱我的手指
I love my thumbs.
别担心 我会给格斯打电♥话♥ 他会解决的 相信我
Don't worry. I'll call Gus. He'll sort us out. Trust me.
那我呢? 如果我被解雇了...
And what about me? If I get the boot...
别担心 要有足够的魅力
Don't worry. Plenty of oomph.
"魅力"? - 魅力
"Oomph"? - Oomph.
好的 好的 好的
Well, well, well.
我在这里干什么? 你们给我答案
What am I doing here? I ask you that.
这都是关于什么?
What's it all about?
有任何答案吗?
Any ideas?
问问你自己 -这样 A 有效
Ask yourself - is this, A, efficient
还是 B...
and, B...
多产?
productive?
这是我们能达到的最好水平吗?
Is this the best that we can be?
我们是 或者...
Are we or...
我们不是...
are we not...
一个公♥司♥?
a company?
谢谢 弗兰 十分感谢
Thank you, Fran. Thank you very much.
你是最特别的 哈? 你是个领导者
You're special. Hm? You're a leader.
你将开始领导你自己的团队
You're gonna head up your own team.
一路走下去
You're going all the way.
是的 丹尼 是的 丹尼 好的 丹尼 谢-谢谢你
Yes, Danny. Yes, Danny. OK, D-Danny, th-thank you.
那是丹尼的电♥话♥ 他对于明天就能阅读感到非常兴奋
That was Danny, who's very excited about being able to read by tomorrow.
格斯 什么时候来? 如果丹尼 不听他的 怎么办?
When is Gus coming? What if Danny doesn't listen?
所有人都听格斯的 他是个问题终结者
Everyone listens to Gus, he's the fixer.
丹尼 说如果我们告诉任何人...
Danny said if we told anyone...
听着 我们会小心的
Look, we'll be discreet.
我知道他们的行话 - 但是 如果...?
I know the lingo. - But what...?
这是什么 你觉得你是个土匪吗?
What, you think you're a gangster?
我在所有的城镇 声名远播
I'm known in all the boroughs.
(Car horn honks)
好的 躲开 他不跟陌生人说话
Right, clear off. He doesn't talk to strangers.
曼尼! - 格斯!
Manny! - Gus!
现在 曼尼 我能为你做什么?
Now, Manny, what can I do for you?
是关于我们的小交易 不太稳定
It's our little transaction. Half of it's wobbly.
(Inhales, tuts)
你知道是什么回事 有些人陷入了困境
You know how it is, someone goes in the deep end,
他们开始不安 然后他们中的胆小者就暴露出来
they get in a flap, then the bully in them comes out
然后你想 "哦 你好"
and you think, "Ooh, hello."
天啊 哦 天啊 做了适当的处理吗?
Dear, oh dear. Michaels are being taken?
用了非常肮脏的语言 实际上 是威胁
Ugly words. Threats, in fact.
里边提到了母亲 格斯 母亲
Mums were mentioned, Gus. Mums.
啊!
Ah!
这是完全不受尊重的
This is total lack of respect.
你去做 因为这是你的工作!
You do it because it's your job!
曼尼 我被提升了 我能威逼所有的人了!
Manny, I've been promoted, I get to bully everyone!
胖子和斑点男在我旁边头都不敢抬!
Fatty and Spotty wee themselves when I walk by!
我还是不知道我在干什么 所以别跟别人说
Fran... - I still don't know what I'm doing.
这是 嗯... - 啊
This is Mr, erm... - Ahh.
你好!
(Childish voice) Hello!
你自己就不能干点什么吗?!
Can't you do anything by yourself?!
曼尼 不准告诉别人
Manny, don't you dare tell anyone.
一个字都不行