不行...不行...
No... No...
哦 可能行 不行 不行
Oh, maybe. No, no.
"大型商店的销♥售♥经理"
"Sales manager in a huge department store."
太忙了 - "游艇上的美容师"?
Too busy. - "Beautician on a cruise liner"?
太"船"了
Too boaty.
你可以在其它任何时候规划你的人生 但酒吧5个小时后 就关门了
You can sort your life out anytime, the pub closes in five hours.
你来帮帮忙 找工作可不容易
You could help. It's not easy finding a job.
那就把曼尼的工作抢过来 他知道自己没用 不会介意的
Have Manny's. He's useless, he won't mind.
你来这里工作 他可以回到他出生的水手避难所去
You work here and he can go back to the seaman's shelter he was born in.
够了 去酒吧 走 曼尼
Enough. The pub. Come on, Manny.
不 我就不去了 我显然没有什么用
No, I won't bother. I'm useless, apparently.
我就呆在这里 - 别这么说
I'll just stay here. - Don't take it like that.
我只是说 你没做过什么有用的事
I only meant you never do anything of any use.
我希望你带着钥匙 预备喝多了的时候开门 我要去睡觉了
I hope you've got keys for when you roll in drunk. I'm off to bed.
(Phone)
(Sighs)
(模仿 伯纳) "曼尼 把我的钥匙拿来 好不好?"
(Imitating Bernard) "Manny, bring my keys over, will you?"
喂?
Yes?
哦 你好 格斯
Oh, hello, Gus.
好久不见了
Long time no speaky.
哦 你什么时候出来的?
Oh. When did you get out?
是的 什么 你侄子?
Yeah. Yeah! What, your nephew?
好的 我肯定我们能提供读书服务 好的 没问题
Yeah, I'm sure we could do a book reading, yeah, no problem.
是的 听着 我的一个朋友 正在找工作
Yeah. Listen, Gus, a friend of mine's looking for work,
你知道什么信息吗?
you wouldn't know of anything?
什么? 是的
Yeah? Right.
太好了 是的 什么名字? 好 等一下
Great, yeah. What's the name? OK, hang on.
现在我们看看 到底谁没用
Now we'll see who's useless.
好的 接着说
All right, fire away.
接着说 格斯 嗯 大声点儿
Go on, Gus. Yep. Speak up a bit.
(# Lively jazz)
(Humming along to jazz)
万岁!
Hooray!
哦 烫! 烫!
Ooh! Hot, hot!
哎呦
Whoops.
还不错
Lucky.
五 六 七 八...
Five, six, seven, eight...
早 - 早
Morning. - Morning.
怎么样? - 不错啊
Well? - Lovely.
这个工作和你的一样好 牛根欠我哥们儿一个人情
The job's as good as yours. This Nugent owes a favour to my mate.
这是地址 - 丹尼 斯帕奇是谁?
That's the address. - Who's Danny Spudge?
你会见在午饭时见到他 - 牛根说了是什么工作吗?
You'll meet him at lunch. - What is the work?
我只在格斯跟丹尼谈过之后才和他联♥系♥ 所以 我不知道
I only spoke to Gus after he spoke to Danny, so I don't know.
格斯是谁? 什么午饭? - 我要迟到了
Who's Gus? What lunch? - I'm gonna be late.
等等!
Wait!
现在告诉我牛根是谁?
Now, who's Nugent?
你先让她去上班 她才能知道
She won't know until you let her go to the job.
你怎么认识斯帕奇的? - 我不认识 格斯认识他
How do you know Spudge? - I don't, Gus does.
格斯是谁? - 牛根的一个朋友
Who's Gus? - A friend of Nugent's.
你好? - 你是谁?!
Hello? - Who are you?!
嗯 我是拉夫 - 拉夫什么?
Er, I'm Ralph. - Ralph who?
什么? - 别耍我!
What? - Don't play games!
他们为什么派你来?! - 我只是想要一本磁带书!
Why did they send you?! - I just want a book on tape!
什么?! - 任何詹姆斯 艾洛写的书 都行
What?! - Anything by James Ellroy.
艾洛是怎么参与进来的?! 告诉我 否则我压扁了你! 格斯是谁?
How's Ellroy involved?! Tell me or I'll jam you! Who's Gus?
格斯是我的一个朋友 - 接着说!
Gus is my friend. - Keep talking!
我曾经为格斯工作过 - 有一些波折 但总的来说关系还不错
I used to work for Gus - bit of a crook but well-connected.
他的侄子丹尼 刚写了一本书 格斯建议办一个读书会
His nephew Danny has written a book. Gus suggested a reading.
我向他替弗兰要了一份工作 然后 他推荐了牛根 没什么奇怪的
I asked him about jobs for Fran and he suggested Nugent. No mystery.
行了吧?
OK?
那这个混♥蛋♥呢? - 他只是个顾客
What about this bastard? - He's a customer.
对不起 我们不买♥♥磁带书 你到那边去试试吧?
I'm sorry, we don't do books on tape. Could you try down the road?
是的 是的
Yes. Yes.
是... 不对!
Ye... No!
不! 我已经跟你说过多少次了...?
No! How many times have I...?
我已经听你这么说过多少次了?
How many times have I heard that?
赶紧把它解决的了 行吗?!
Just get it sorted, right?!
弗兰? - 嗯
Fran? - Mm.
是的 听着 我们不能靠一个农场生活 对不对?
Yeah. Look, we're not living on a farm, right?
你明白我的意思吗? 那就这么做 因为这是你的工作!
Do you take my point? So just do it because it is your job!
餐厅的餐券, 对不起
Vouchers for the canteen. I'm sorry about this.
不 不
No. No.
不!
NO!
把这些东西拿到前边你桌子那边去
Take these to the front for your desk.
哦 太棒了 嗯 没错 - 继续 继续
Oh, great. Er, right. - Go on, go on.
对不去 嗯 我实际上 不知道 我的工作...
Sorry, er, I don't actually know what the job...
哦 看在老天爷得分上 我什么都得教他吗?!
Oh, for Christ's sake, does he have to be told everything?!
一会儿见
I'll see you later.
听着 如果需要 我一定要到那里去 给你看那些盒子 我会去的
Listen. If I have to come down there and show you the box I will
但是 你不想这么做 因为 如果我去了 那些盒子就得被运走
but you don't want that because when I step in, those boxes travel.
是的 在一个盒子里
(Muffled) Yeah, in a box.
(Shouting continues, muffled)
所以 我就让他坐在那里 看着他在烟灰缸里的手指
So I left him sat there staring at his thumbs in the ashtray.
非常有趣的故事
It's quite a funny story.
(Chuckling)
手指
Thumbs. - (Laughing weakly)
在烟灰缸里 - 是的 是的
In the ashtray. - Yeah, yeah.
手指 是的 - 就放在那里 都是血
Thumbs, yeah. - Just lying there, all bloody.
还是弯曲的
Yeah. - And bent. (Laughs)
这是个 非常 非常 非常 有趣 有趣的故事
It's a very, very, very, very, very funny, funny story.
没那么有趣 - 没有
It's not that funny. - No.
我不想给读者们错误的印象
I don't wanna give the punters the wrong impression.
例如...? - 有人认为我是个暴徒
Which would be...? - Some people think I'm a thug.
这令我非常不高兴
That's very upsetting.
这就是我写书的原因 把一些事情说明白
That's why I did the book, to set a few things straight.
呈现事实 一个可爱的你?
To show the real, adorable you?
没错!
Exactly!
不管怎样 伙计们 关于读书会 我有一个小问题
Anyway, lads, about the book reading, I've got a slight problem.
我们可以取消 没问题!
We can cancel it, that's fine!
取消? 不 不 不
Cancel? No, no, no, no.
没什么大问题
No big thing.
我只是想提高我的阅读水平
I've just gotta brush up on me reading skills.
但是你刚写了一本书
But you wrote a book.
不 是枪手 明白吗 帮辣妹写书的那家伙
No, ghostwriter, innit? Bloke who did the Spice Girls book.
Wow!
Wow!
你能给我上课吧? - 嗯 不 我们...
So you can give me lessons, yeah? - Er, no, we...
你会读书吧? - 当然 每个人都会读书
You can read? - Obviously. Everybody can read.
嗯 - 但是我们...
Ahem. - But we...
每个人... 有...
Everybody... with...
人们 像你一样...
People who you...
我-我认为我们能够帮助你
l-I think we'll be able to help.
为了你的课程
So here's to your lessons.
干杯 - 干杯
Cheers. - Cheers.
干杯
Cheers.
另外 关于这件事 不要告诉任何人
Incidentally, don't tell anyone about this.
否则 我就把你们俩都杀了
Otherwise I'll kill you both.
还有你们的母亲
And your mums.
我不知道 我该做什么
I don't know what I'm supposed to be doing.
如果他们发现 会炒了我的 - 别担心
If they find out, they'll fire me. - Don't worry.
但是 我不知道我该干什么 我是不是该...
But I don't know what to do, whether I'm supposed to...
或者... 或者任何事情! 我需要这份工作
or... or anything! I need this job.
哦 你能学会的 这完全是态度的问题
Oh, you'll pick it up. It's all about attitude.
到那里去 去一下 你就能学会了
Just go in there and give it a go and you'll pick it up.
我们不知道 如何教别人阅读
We don't know how to teach somebody to read
但是我们会...学会的
but we'II... pick it up.
因为这就是你学习任何东西的方式 就像开车 或者...
Because that's how you learn anything, like driving or...
没错 我一点儿都不担心 - 天体物理学
Exactly. I'm not worried. - Astrophysics.
没错
Exactly.
驯服狮子 - 没错
Lion taming. - Exactly.
我一点儿都不担心
I'm not worried.
(Door slams)
你看见特德了吗? 穿背带裤 有斑点
You seen Ted? Braces, spots.
一堆垃圾 他是堆垃圾
This is crap. He's crap.
关于什么? - 关于所有的事情!