我的很多导师都参与了哈勃
Many of my mentors were involved in Hubble.
他们都警告过我 那糟糕的一天是什么样的
They all warned me about what that bad day is like.
这是公开的、可见的、丑陋的 你不想经历那种事情
That it's public, it's visible, it's ugly, and you don't want to live through that.
所以在过去的几个小时里 我们记录了一堆校准数据
So over the last few hours, we have taken a bunch of calibration data
去评估望远镜的状态
to measure the state of the telescope.
我们都还没有人看过这个
Literally none of us have looked at this yet.
请看
There we go.
到处都是星系
Galaxies all over.
星系
Galaxies.
星系的数量远比恒星多
There are a lot more galaxies than there are stars.
既漂亮又清晰
It is just gorgeous and sharp.
本该就是这样的
This is how it's supposed to be.
他说的对
He's correct.
有史以来最强大的望远镜 发射到太空的六个月后
Six months after the most powerful telescope ever made launched into space,
韦伯太空望远镜 飞行控制室内的团队正在准备
the team inside the Webb Space Telescope's flight control room is preparing
揭露全世界天文学家
to reveal what astronomers all over the world
等了几十年的东西
have been waiting for for decades,
望远镜的第一张全彩色影像
the telescope's first full-color images.
你觉得这是这个分组最好的方向吗?
You think this is, like, the best, sort of, orientation for this...
对于这个分组? 是的
For this grouping? Yeah, you know...
我尝试了不同的旋转
I've tried different rotations,
但因为它基本上是一个方阵 我们可以做任何事
but because it is, like, basically a square we can do whatever we want. -Yeah.
那个红外信息给我们
That infrared information is giving us so much more detail
带来了视觉上比哈勃更多的细节
than we could get with the Hubble in the visible.
但真正看到
But to actually see it,
你会说“现在毫无疑问了”
and you're like, "There's just no... There's no doubting it now."
我们从望远镜获得的原始材料
The raw material we get from the telescope
最开始是一个黑白图片
starts out as a black-and-white image.
然后我深入到像素里
Then I dive down into the pixels
让彩色图像尽可能显现
and make the color image pop as much as possible.
因为真正的工作是
Because really, the... the job is trying to unearth
不改变任何数据的情况下
the... the richness and the complexity of the data
挖掘数据的丰富性和复杂性 这些是本来就在那里的
without changing anything in the data. It's all there.
宇宙躲在黑暗中 我们必须把它带出来
The universe is, sort of, hiding in the darkness,and we have to bring it out.
图像中的颜色很重要 它们有天体物理学意义
The colors in the image are really important.They have astrophysical meaning.
我们直接和科学家们合作
We work with the scientists directly on this
听听他们在这些图像中 看到的东西
and... and get their take on what they're seeing in these images.
这是画面的红色通道 虽然这是黑白的
This is the red channel of the image, although it's black and white. This is...
等我把一切 用色彩组合起来 它就会是红色
When I combine everything in color, this will be red.
这里每一个遥远的星系 所有这些很暗而模糊的东西
And so every distant galaxy in here, all these faint fuzzy objects,
都会展现为红色 凸显出来
these are gonna be the ones that show up and really pop as red.
然后我可以打开绿色通道
Then I can bring in the green channel here,
现在随颜色变得生动 你能看到
and now you're seeing, as color comes to life,
只有红色和绿色
just red and green.
绿地更多地被限制在附近的星系
And the greens are confined more to the, sort of, nearby galaxies,
当然还有恒星
and, of course, the stars.
然后当我把蓝色的短波带进来
And then, when I bring in the short wavelengths in blue,
图片变得有生机了
the image comes to life.
这些画面非常珍贵 就像我们的孩子一样
These images have been so precious. They're like our children.
我们一直在培育它们
And, like, we've been, like, you know, nurturing them,
让他们为展示给世界做好准备
trying to get them ready for when they're revealed to the world.
那是个重要的时刻
I think that's just an important moment,
因为这不仅是对科学而言重要的壮举
because it's not just an important feat for science.
这也是人类重要的壮举
I think it's... it's an important feat for humanity.
我觉得这是个激动人心的时刻
And I think it's, like, a very exciting time.
能参与这么重要的事情 是个巨大的荣誉
And to be a part of something I think is so important is just a huge honor.
今天 我们对宇宙的了解 即将变得更清晰了
Today, our understanding of the universe is about to get clearer.
是的 拜登总统将揭幕
It is. President Biden's going to unveil
备受期待的第一张全彩图像
the much-anticipated first full-color image
来自美国宇航局的韦伯太空望远镜
from NASA's Webb Space Telescope.
我觉得我们应该从 总统今晚揭晓的图片开始
I think we should start with the image the President is unveiling tonight.
可以吗? -完美
If that's okay? -Perfect.
这就是我们所说的 韦伯的第一个深空
This is what we call Webb's first deep field.
这就是天文台的初衷
Uh, this was the original reason for the observatory.
我们认为这是目前为止 最深入的宇宙观测
And we think this is the deepest view of the universe so far.
所以...
So...
请
Please.
所以...
So...
所以最深的哈勃影像花了好几周拍到
So the deepest Hubble images took weeks to do.
我们几个小时就拍到了这个
We did this in a few hours.
你看到的... -很美
What you see is a... - Beautiful.
是一个巨大的星系团
is a massive galaxy cluster.
当我们看到这样的旋流时 那是整个星系吗?
When we look at a swirl like that, is that an entire galaxy?
是整个星系
An entire galaxy.
你在这看到的每一个点 几乎都是一个星系
Every point you see here, almost, is a galaxy.
这张照片里有七千多个
There's more than 7,000 in this picture.
这张照片外的星系... -这张照片里有七千个?
Galaxies that we did not - Seven thousand in this picture? -Mm-hmm.
这片场的大小就是 如果你拿一粒沙
The size of this field is if you take a grain of sand,
你把它拿出来...
and you hold it out...
对 -这就是角度
Yeah. -That's the angle.
那是天空中的一小片场
It's a tiny field in the sky.
我们看过的其他所有地方 天空充满了星系
And everywhere else we have looked, the sky is filled with galaxies.
我们立刻能看到
We see them immediately.
看到那里的红点了吗? -是的
See the little red dot there? - Yes.
这是我们找到的最远的一个 -我的天啊
It is the most distant one we found. - My goodness.
那是131亿年
That's 13.1 billion years. - Wow.
我们要展示...
We're going to show that...
宇宙有138亿年了 -没错
The universe is 13.8 billion years old. - That's right.
当我向总统描述这件事时 你想让我告诉他什么?
When I describe this to the President, what do you want me to tell him?
你看到的是我们自己的起源
What you're looking at is our own origin
宇宙中每个星系和每个星体的起源
and the origin of every galaxy and star in the universe.
那是我们的历史 就在那里 -这是我们的整个历史
That's our history, right there. - It is... It is our whole history.
我们的整个历史就在那里
Our whole history is right there.
我们越发现这个宇宙的大
The more that we find this cosmos is so large,
我就越想知道自己是谁 我是什么
I want to know who I am and what I am.
我在这一切中的角色是什么?
And how do I fit in all of this?
今天是美国和全人类历史性的一天
Today is a historic day for America and all of humanity.
我们即将瞥见
We're gonna get a glimpse
宇宙历史上记录的最古老的光
of the oldest documented light in the history of the universe
来自超过130亿...
from over 13 billion...
让我再说一遍 130亿年前
Let me say that again, 13 billion years ago.
很难去理解
It's hard to even fathom.
现在我们来看看从这个神奇的望远镜
And now let's take a look at the very first image
拍到的第一张图像
from this miraculous telescope.
我的天啊!
Oh my gosh!
詹姆斯·韦伯太空望远镜的 第一张影像
The first image from the James Webb Space Telescope.
就是这个
And here it is.
星系到了时间边缘 我的天啊
Uh, galaxies to the edge of time.Oh my gosh.
好...
Okay...
真的很神奇
It really is amazing.
我的天啊
Oh, my God.
我无以言表
I have no words.
整个事情有点令人难以置信 各位
The whole thing is a bit mind-boggling, everybody.
太棒了
It's just... It's just fantastic.
你能看到圆弧吗? -能
Ah! Can you see the arcs? - Yeah.
这是...最大星团 - 太不可思议了 对吗?
It's... It's max clusters. - It's amazing, right?
这张照片很酷 太美了
It's a pretty cool photo. It's just gorgeous.
天啊!
Oh, my gosh!
他们想通过我们传达的另一个信息是 这种研究叫做...
Another message they're trying to convey through us,is that this type of research is called...
用詹姆斯·韦伯太空望远镜...
with the space telescope James Webb...
我们从来没有看到过 这都要感谢詹姆斯·韦伯太空望远镜
We have never seen it before and we owe it to the James Webb Space Telescope.
我自己和我同事的反应 是纯粹的喜悦和惊奇
The reaction of myself and all my colleagues was of sheer joyful amazement.
我们看到这张图片时惊艳了
That image made us giddy when we saw it.
我们在内心深处知道 无论外面有什么
We knew in our hearts that whatever's out there,
我们都会看到
we're going to see it.
詹姆斯·韦伯太空望远镜!
JWST!
詹姆斯·韦伯太空望远镜!
JWST! JWST! JWST!
所以我们准备好公开我们的影像
So, let's get ready to reveal our image.
就在这里 叫做史蒂芬的五重奏
There it is.It's called Stephan's Quintet.
而且很神奇 乔瓦尼 你觉得呢?
And it's wondrous. - Oh!Giovanni, what do you think?
电影精选列表