在这个空间里没有像我这样的人 可以让我当成榜样敬仰
And I didn't have anyone like me to look up to in this space.
我19岁时拿到了美国宇航局的徽章
I got my NASA badge when I was 19 years old.
我没想到这么快就能到 这么有名 声望这么高的地方
I didn't expect to get there that fast, to such a big and prestigious place.
但我一到那里 就知道我会名垂青史
But as soon as I got there, I knew I was going to make my mark.
我为部署系统开♥发♥代码和程序
I develop code and procedures for the deployment system.
不管我们在轨道上进行什么活动
No matter what activity we're performing on orbit,
所有这些结合的系统 必须作为一个整体实现功能
all of those systems combined have to function and flow as one.
部署指挥官 你发布第一条命令
Dep OC, that CR is pulled up.You have first command during the window.
进行 可以继续推进
Proceed. We are good to go.
收到 程序执行
Copy that. Code execute.
指令行看起来不错 收到命令可以执行
The command line looks good. You're a go to execute.
执行
Execute.
大部分单点失效都存在于遮光板中
Most of the single point failures reside in the sunshield.
如果这些装置不释放 那就太不幸了
If these mechanisms don't release...that's a bad day.
好了 指挥官 你的电机 已转换到待命状态
Okay, Dep Lead, your motor has moved to the hold state.
可以继续 -正在执行
And you're go to continue. - Executing.
收到 老板 很开心这个转换顺利
Copy that, boss. I am happy with that move.
继续
Continue.
不管你做多少测试 就像降落伞一样
No matter how many tests you do, just like a parachute,
也只有上次叠它的时候是好的
it's only going to be as good as the last time you fold it.
直到你跳出飞机 拔出开伞索之前
And you're never gonna know how good that is
永远不知道是好是坏
until you jump out of the plane and pull the rip cord.
去执行第六组的步骤031
Go to proceed onto step 031 for the group six.
收到 在机翼上
Copy. On the wing.
指挥官 看起来不错 你可以继续
And OC, that looks good. You are go to continue.
准备就绪 进行 继续吧
Good to go. Proceed. Go ahead and continue with a go.
进程看起来不错 可以进行
Proc looks good. You're go to execute.
正在执行
Executing.
可以点火
You are go to fire.
准备就绪 让我们看看 它们两个是怎么点火的
Good to go. Let's see how they both fire.
指挥官 可以执行部署
And OC, you are go to execute deploy.
执行
Execute.
我可以确认所有五层遮光板 都完全张开了
I can confirm that all five layers of the sunshield are fully tensioned.
好!
All right!
谢谢你 副指挥官
Thank you, Dep Lead.
取得了重大的里程碑 做得好 遮光板队
Significant milestone accomplished. Job well done, sunshield team.
做得好
Job well done.
好了 恭喜各位 恭喜
All right, congratulations, everybody. Congratulations.
那是个好日子 你知道 很难预测 就是这样
It was a good day.You know, it was hard... hard to predict, and there it is.
按照应有的方式冷却望远镜
Cooling the telescope, just the way it should.
这是很美好的事
It is a beautiful thing.
截止目前 我们消除了344个
As of right now, we, uh... we have eliminated 266
单点失效中的266个
of the 344 single point failures.
这些不会失败了 因为不再需要了 这些已经成功了
They can't fail because they're no longer needed, they worked.
但你还要保持警惕
But you got to maintain the sense of caution,
因为还有一些单点失效必须成功
because there's still some stuff to go.
早上好 托马斯 -嗨 各位
Morning, Thomas. - Hey, everybody.
早上好 -早上好
Morning. - Good morning.
很高兴见到你
Good to see you.
马德里基站没问题 随时准备交接
Stations at Madrid are green and standing by for handover.
指挥官 执行副指挥官在操作
And OC, Dep Ops on ops.
副指挥官已经核实了这些参量 电机移♥动♥可以进行
Dep Lead has verified those parameters. We are go with the motor move.
如果主镜的机翼没锁住
If the wings of the primary mirror didn't latch,
它们就会以我们不希望的方式震动
they would actually vibrate in ways that we didn't want them to.
那种震动会表现为图像模糊
And that vibration would actually show up as a blurring of the image.
我们预加载已经全部完成
We have reached our full preload, so at this time...
所以此时 我们要执行046步骤
Oh, wow, that's it. - ...we are go to proceed onto step 046
来确保和激活SCS-256
to enable and activate SCS-256.
副指挥官 我是部署负责人 参数一切正常
Dep Ops, this is Dep Lead on deployment,and those parameters look good.
收到 电机移♥动♥开始
Copy, proceeding with motor move.
拜托 小球 进去
Come on, ball. Pitch it in there.
看 它开始出来了 -可以看到它在移♥动♥
Look, it's starting to come out. - You can see it moving. Yeah.
好了 我们差不多快完成54%了
All right, we're almost halfway there at 54.
快看
Look at that.
拼起来了 -对 继续
It's coming in. - Yeah. Keep going.
现在是95%了 96% -对
Ninety-five now. Ninety-six. - Yeah.
好了! -对
There we go! - Alright.
四...
Four...
三、二、一
three, two, one.
我们有了一个完全部署的 詹姆斯·韦伯空间望远镜天文台
And we have a fully deployed JWST observatory.
主镜
Primary mirror.
我们成功了! -看起来真漂亮
We're there! - That sure looks beautiful.
对
Yeah.
万能的上帝
God Almighty.
能有多难?
How hard was that?
我一开始就在找你
I was looking for you, first.
跟我说说 你感觉怎么样?
Talk to me. How are you feeling?
看这个记录 比我们预想中更顺利
How the record is,it's been going smoother than we ever thought.
所以真的看到了它整合起来的方式 是很美的
So to actually see it... see it come together the way it did was beautiful.
一切都很顺利 真的很令人兴奋
Everything went so smoothly, just really exciting.
我想喝点香槟 但很遗憾 我手边没有 所以...
Wanted to pop some champagne, but unfortunately, I didn't have any so...
我想告诉你 我现在有多激动 多情绪化
I want to tell you just how excited and emotional I am right now.
我们在轨道上有部署的望远镜
We have a deployed telescope on orbit.
我个人感谢你们 为这个巨大神奇的望远镜
I personally appreciate your sacrifice
这个世界从未见过的望远镜
that you've given to this magnificent telescope,
所做出的的牺牲
the likes of which the world has never seen.
所以各位 创造历史的感觉如何?
So how does it feel to make history, everybody?
感觉棒极了!
It feels awesome!
詹姆斯·韦伯空间望远镜已经 完成了所有主要部署
JWST has completed all of its major deployments.
事情进展很顺利
Things are going spectacular.
我们有发送到太空中的 最大、最复杂的天文台
We have the biggest, most complex observatory
我们期待会有一些很棒的图片
we've ever sent to space, and we can expect some awesome images.
各位 我们成功了!
Y'all, we did it!
很难去判断第一批照片会是什么样
It's hard to conceptualize what those first images will be.
我研究星系如何随时间变化
I study how galaxies change over time,
所以我对恒星如何形成星系感兴趣
so I'm interested in how stars form in galaxies,
还有黑洞的形成 这些过程是如何随时间改变的
and how black holes form, and how those processes change over time.
所以我很期待深空图像
So, I am most excited for the deep field images.
正是在这些深空里 我们才能看到
It's in these deep fields that we will be able to see
最遥远的星系
the most distant galaxies.
但离地球大约160万公里
But it's about a million miles from Earth,
肯定还有很多地方可能会出错
and there is definitely still a lot that could go wrong.
总是有的
There always is.
还有49个单点失效项目 永远不会消失
There are still 49 single point failure items that never go away.
如果哪个单点失效的地方失败了
And if any of those single point failure items fails,
我们任务就失败了
we can lose the mission.
很尴尬模糊的哈勃望远镜
An embarrassingly blurred Hubble Telescope.
望远镜的两面镜子之一 被认为是有缺陷的
One of the telescope's two mirrors is thought to be defective,
让图像模糊了
blurring its images.
哈勃太空望远镜 我们打开了它 它焦点没对准
The Hubble Space Telescope, we turn it on, it was out of focus.
主镜的焦距不对
The primary mirror, the focal length was wrong.
对许多依靠这些图像的 科学家来说 这是一场灾难
It was a disaster for many scientists that had counted on these images.
我无法想象 这对当时在制♥造♥这个的天文学家来说
To the astronomers working on it at the time, I can't imagine what...
多么让人失望
what a letdown that was.
很糟糕 知道吧?即使是我小时候 我也记得 心里想“不是吧!”
It was bad, you know?Even for me as a kid, I remember.Like, "Oh, no!"
杰夫 你会忙得不可开交的
Jeff, you'll have your hands full.
你最好戴上头盔灯
You might wanna go ahead and put your helmet lights on.
好主意
Good idea.
宇航员上去了 包括一个小光片
Astronauts went up there and included a little optical piece.
差不多是小眼镜 对 修正了焦距
Almost a little... Like, glasses, right, that fixed that focal length.
一个亮点 -就在那里!
One bright pixel. - Right there!
好了
There, there, there.
我们可以看到象素点 -我们成功了!
We can see the pixels. - We did it!
韦伯最难的部份
The hard part about Webb,
是太远了
it's too far away.
如果有什么问题 我们无法派宇航员去修理
If there's any problem, we cannot send astronauts to fix it.
我们要校准望远镜
We'll align the telescope.
基本上就是重新调焦
Essentially, refocusing it.
这过程很复杂
That's a complicated process.
哈勃的糟糕经历 在这支团队里萦绕了数十年
The ghost of Hubble definitely haunts this team and has for decades.
电影精选列表