在俄亥俄的岔口处矗立着一座美国城市,一座钢铁巨人,它的工厂和熔炉为一个国家提供了骨骼和肌肉。
At the forks of the Ohio stands an American city, a colossus of steel, whose mills and furnaces bring forth bone and sinew for a nation.
不久以前,这里有一个孤零零的哨所。
Not so long ago a lonely outpost guarded this very spot.
它叫做皮特堡。
It was called fort pitt.
它坐落在一片未知土地的边缘,从弗吉尼亚延伸到五大湖的一排堡垒之一,标志着已知的结束和未知的开始。
It stood at the edge of an unknown land, one of a line of forts that ran from Virginia to the Great Lakes, marking the end of the known and the beginning of the unknown.
文明位于阿勒格尼山脉以东。
Civilization was east of the allegheny mountains.
征服,机会和死亡都在西方。
Conquest, opportunity and death lay to the west.
皮特堡周围是一片广阔的森林,永远美丽,永远危险。
All around fort pitt was a vast forest, always beautiful, always dangerous.
人们来到这里寻求很多东西。
Men came into it seeking many things.
有人为了财富,有人为了避难,有人为了自♥由♥。
Some for wealth, some for refuge some for freedom.
但是对印第安人来说,所有的人都是入侵者。
But to the Indian, all men came as invaders.
红种人和白人之间为生存而进行的战争有可能将这些小堡垒夷为平地。
Wars for survival between red men and white threatened to sweep away these little forts.
然而,人们不断向西迁移。
Yet men kept coming west.
有些人甚至不惜与印第安人开战,为自己创造财富。
Some to build their own fortunes, even at the price of Indian wars.
另一些人为了建立一个国家,甚至不惜牺牲自己的生命。
Others to build a nation, even at the price of their own lives.
这些是未被征服的民族,他们不断地开拓着人类自♥由♥的疆域。
These are the unconquered, who push ever forward the frontiers of man's freedom.
但历史有时会从陌生的地方选择英雄。
But history sometimes chooses its heroes and heroines from strange places.
首先,自♥由♥的希望于1763年在伦敦的老贝利法庭诞生。
For one, the hope of freedom was born at old Bailey in London, in the year 1763.
吧台边的囚犯。
Prisoner at the bar.
你被判犯有最令人发指的谋杀罪。
You have been found guilty of the most heinous crime, of murder.
我有责任对你进行法律规定的判决。
It is my duty to pass upon you the sentence which the law enjoins.
阿比盖尔·玛莎·黑尔,
Abigail Martha hale,
本法庭的判决是……我的主。
the sentence of this court is... my lord.
女人,安静点。我主,请听我说。
Woman, be still. My lord, hear me.
当记者们闯进来采访我弟弟时,他正在发烧。
My brother was ill of fever when the press-gang broke in to take him.
我帮他争取自♥由♥。
I helped him fight to be free.
在那场战斗中,一名令人印象深刻的皇家海军军官被杀。
In that fight, an impressing officer of the royal Navy was killed.
我哥哥也被杀了,大人。
My brother was killed too, my lord.
犯人在这里接受判决。
The prisoner is here to receive sentence.
本法庭的判决是把你从这个地方带到一个合法的监狱再从那里到行刑地。
The sentence of this court is that you be taken from this place to a lawful prison and thence to a place of execution.
并且要在那里把你吊死。
And that you there be hanged by the neck until you are dead.
愿主怜悯你的灵魂。
And may the lord have mercy on your soul.
来了。
Come.
再说一句,承蒙我们的君主,乔治三世国王的慷慨,我有权向您表示国王的仁慈。
One word more, by the gracious generosity of our sovereign lord, king George the third, it is in my power to offer you the king's mercy.
你不会被处死,而是会被送到国王陛下在北美的殖民地。
Instead of execution, you may be transported to his majesty's colonies in North America.
不要死,大人?
Not to die, my lord?
并且要做不少于14年的契约奴隶,然后拍卖♥♥给出价最高的人。
And to serve not less than 14 years as an indentured slave, to be sold at auction to the highest bidder.
殖民地的奴隶制或者这里的绞刑架。
Slavery in the colonies or the gallows here.
大声说出来,姑娘,到底是哪一个?
Speak up, girl, which is it to be?
奴隶,大人。
Slavery, my lord.
让鲜血流进你的脸颊。
Get the blood in your cheeks.
明天在诺福克你能卖♥♥个好价钱。
You'll fetch a better price at Norfolk tomorrow.
里奇先生,你不会把我从我丈夫那里卖♥♥出去吧?
Mr. Leach, you won't sell me away from my husband, will you?
你要按合同卖♥♥。
You'll sell according to your indentures.
七年之后,我就自♥由♥了,还能得到一块地。
Seven year, I'll be free and get me a bit of land.
甚至可能是一个坚强的妻子。
And maybe even a strong wife.
好好相处,好好相处。
Get along, get along.
我呢,我会被一个有钱的寡妇买♥♥走,然后自♥由♥地嫁给自己。
Me, I'll get me bought by a nice rich widow and marry myself free.
我不是一个有钱的寡妇,但我愿意。
I ain't a rich widow, but I'm willing.
你不是已经有老婆了吗,汤姆?
Ain't you got a wife already, Tom?
的妻子。这四个人我都在服刑。
Wife. I'm serving time for all four of them.
打破你的队伍,保住你的小腿。
Break your ranks and save your shanks.
我们充满机遇的土地。
Our land of opportunity.
杰里米,14年后我看起来会是几岁?
Jeremy, how old shall I look in 14 years?
当然,她大了14岁。
Fourteen years older, of course.
这儿,这儿,小心点。多保重。
Here, here, have a care there. Have a care.
抓住石板。
Hold onto the slate.
系紧销轨。
Make fast to the pin rail.
把它放在甲板上。
Ease that on the deck.
轻松自在。
And at ease.
某种切割工具。
Some sort of chopping instrument.
戴好你的牙套。
Stand by your braces.
放开最后一个。
Let go of the last one.
杰里米,在主人看到你之前把它放回去。
Jeremy, put it back before the owner sees you.
老板见过你了。
The owner has seen you.
把那把战斧递给我。战斧?
Hand me that tomahawk. Tomahawk?
我只是在跟一位年轻女士说…罪犯应该知道偷窃的惩罚。
I was just remarking to this young lady... Convicts should know the punishment for stealing.
队长。他没有偷。
Captain. Well, he didn't steal it.
不,嗯,也许……
No, well, perhaps...
你是谁?我的女儿,先生。
Who are you? My daughter, sir.
杰里米·约翰爱的忠实女儿。
The devoted daughter of Jeremy John love.
杰里米,我不是你女儿。
Jeremy, I'm not your daughter.
不,不是事实上,而是精神上。
No, not in fact, but in spirit.
你看起来很有眼光,先生。
You seem a gentleman of discernment, sir.
告诉我,你总能找到蚁后吗?
Tell me, can you always spot the queen?
我想是的。太好了,我听说了……不,不。别走,亲爱的。杰里米。
I believe so. Excellent, I've heard... No, no. Don't go away, my dear. Jeremy, please.
你很喜欢娱乐,先生,带点风险的娱乐。好吗?
You show a taste for entertainment, sir, entertainment with a dash of risk. Well?
好吧,先生,注意你的皇后现在在两个无赖之间,所以。
Well, sir, observe your queen is now between two knaves, thus.
但你能告诉我女王现在藏在哪里吗?
But can you tell me where the queen is hiding now?
如果我做了呢?赌注由你来定,先生。
And if I do? The stake is yours to name, sir.
一磅。是一英镑。
A pound. A pound it is.
把它挂起来。
Put it up.
哦,好吧,我很少在我的…你有其他资产。
Oh, well, I seldom carry large sums of money upon my... You have other assets.
也许是你女儿的一个吻。
Perhaps a kiss from your daughter-in-spirit.
杰里米,我不会…冷静点,他赢不了的。
Jeremy, I won't be... Keep your hair on, he can't win.
拉上后帆上帆索。
Man the mizzen top-sail sheets.
黄金主♥权♥。勇敢的冒险,先生。
A golden sovereign. Gallant risk, sir.
现在,先生。
Now, sir.
现在,你能告诉我女王藏在哪里吗?
Now, can you tell me where the queen is hiding?
是的。藏在一个即将被鞭打三十下的骗子的袖子里。
Yes. Up the sleeve of a cheat who is about to get 30 lashes.
三十吗?
Thirty?
你不会鞭打他这个年纪的人。
You wouldn't have a man of his age whipped.
他的年龄并没有提高他和你的诚实程度。
His age hasn't improved his honesty or yours.
奴隶的司机。等待。
Slave driver. Wait.
我要吻你。
I'll give you the kiss.
不是你给的,是我赢的。
You're not giving it, I won it.
他把船泊好了。
He's got her anchored all right.
另一个欺骗。
Another cheat.
我付了你钱。
I paid you.
你可以做得更好。
You can do better.
奴隶的司机。是的。
Slave driver. Yes.
是的,加斯先生。
Yes, Mr. Garth.
这个女人要卖♥♥?是的,加斯先生。它们都在出♥售♥。
This woman for sale? Yes, Mr. Garth. They're all for sale.
契约佣工?
Indentured servant?
不,先生,是重罪犯。
No, sir. Felon.
重罪犯吗?这不是她的性格,加斯先生。
Felon? It ain't deep in her character, Mr. Garth.
她很有礼貌,温柔,可爱。
She's good manners, gentle, sweet.
适合做各种家务。
Fit for all kinds of housework.
我买♥♥她。
I'll buy her.
我不会被卖♥♥给这个人的。她的价格是多少?
I won't be sold to this man. What's her price?
里奇先生,法官说公开拍卖♥♥。住嘴。
Mr. Leach, the judge said public auction. Hold your tongue.
她是对的。
She's right.
我们将在这里举♥行♥拍卖♥♥。
We'll have an auction right here.
先生们,有谁愿意跟我竞拍他的女朋友吗?
Gentlemen, would any of you care to bid against me for his girl?
不是我。我不太赞成奴隶制。
Not me. I don't hold much with slavery.
红头发能改变男人的想法。
That red hair could change a man's mind.
我起价20英镑。
I'm starting at £20.
阿比盖尔·玛莎·黑尔的拍卖♥♥价为20英镑。
£20 is bid for Abigail Martha hale.
判14年劳役。
Offering 14 years of servitude.
让他们看看你的脸,姑娘。
Let them see your face, girl.
一次,两次。
Going once, going twice.
-第三次也是最后一次…-还有六便士。
- For the third and last time... - And sixpence.
能再重复一遍吗?
Pardon?
伙计,你的眼睛像鹰一样锐利。
Man, you've an eye like an eagle.
但我不知道肯恩你扔东西的方式。
But I dinnae Ken your way of throwing.
你说什么了吗,先生?“是的,”我说,“还有六便士。”
Did you say something, sir? Yes, I said, "and sixpence."
费格斯,把你的枪借给我。
Lend me your bodkin, Fergus.
这是印第安抛刀。
It's an Indian knife throw.
霍尔登上尉以爱开玩笑著称。
Captain Holden has a reputation forjoking.
推销你的产品。
Make your sale.
是的,先生,是的,先生,加斯先生。
电影精选列表