是 我想在美国开几家这样的球篷
I'm thinking of starting a big chain of these places in the States.
那儿不是有不少吗? - 是的
Don't they have quite a few of them already? - Yes.
都不少 很不少 几千家
Quite a few, quite a few. Thousands.
可再开几家也不妨啊
But there's always room for a few more.
那当然 - 你生意好吗?
Always. - What kind of business do you do?
很好 有很多老顾客
Quite good. We have many regulars.
对 有个朋友说起过这 他前几天来过
A friend was telling me about this place. He was in here a couple of nights ago.
不知道你见过他吗? 名字叫琼斯
Don't know if you ever met him- name of Jones.
肯尼思·林赛·琼斯。 - 琼斯?
Kenneth Lindsay Jones. - Jones?
不 好像没见过 这名字倒听说过
No, I don't think so. I think I could remember the name.
是啊
Yes.
想玩球吗? - 不
Would you like to bowl? - No.
现在不 谢谢 可能改天再来
Not now, thanks. But maybe I'll come back another day.
再见,先生
Bye, Mr.,
维斯. - 韦斯
Weiss. - Weiss.
再见(德语)。 - 再见
Auf Wiedersehen. - Auf Wiedersehen.
今天就练到这儿 明天我们再到这儿来
That's all for today, and we'll be here again tomorrow.
行啊 就这么办
Okay. Just do it.
我看再这么练几次就差不多了
I think it's almost the same after practicing like this a few times.
你游泳吗? 你游戏吗?
do you swim? do you play games?
对不起 我听不懂
Sorry. I don't understand.
你不游戏? - 不游
You're not swimming? - No.
这地方是游泳的
This is for swimming, this place.
我是教练
I'm a coach, back in the States.
我在美国维尼诺州当游泳教练
I teach swimming in Williamsburg, Virginia.
听说柏林的名选手都到这儿来
I heard some of the best swimmers in Berlin come here.
我的朋友说的 一个英国人叫金斯
A friend of mine was telling me. An Englishman, name of Jones.
这是游戏池 谢绝参观
This place is for swimming. You cannot watch.
不允许在旁边看
It is not allowed to have onlookers.
太可惜了 我原来指望能看看的
What a pity. I hoped I'd have been able to watch.
不行
No.
可惜啊
Pity.
那么 谢谢(德语)
Well, danke.
对不起 校长
Verzeihung! Schulleiter.
这位先生想了解斯坦的事
Der Herr wollte etwas über Stan wissen.
那好吧
Nun ja.
我叫库尔勒 我是记者
My name is Cooper. I'm a journalist.
我的英语恐怕不是太好
I speak English, I'm afraid, not so very well.
可德语我一点不懂
I'm afraid I don't speak German at all.
你有什么事?
How can I help you?
我在给费城世界报写篇文章
I'm writing an article for the Philadelphia World Review.
听说过这报吗? - 没有
You haven't heard of it? - No.
因为还没创刊 这文章就登在创刊号♥上
That's because it hasn't started yet. This is gonna be the first number.
我们菲雅的市民深信 欧洲时局
We in Philadelphia are convinced that current affairs in Europe...
对于我们的命运具有重大影响
have a great deal of bearing on the lives of the citizens of Philadelphia.
我是说对费城的人 - 我不懂你说的这些
You know, the people back home in Philly. - I don't understand what-
我在收集材料准备 写一篇关于德国纳粹现状的文章
I am collating material for an article about the Nazi situation in Germany.
纳粹? - 是的
Nazis? - That's right.
据说不久前 贵校发现一个名叫斯坦的教师
We understand that you had a schoolteacher here recently, name of Steiner...
是一个纳粹战犯
who was discovered to have been a war criminal.
是这样吗? - 是这样
Is that right? - That is so.
我们想让费城读者多了解一些
Well, we'd like a little more information for our Philly readers.
刚报道过了
It was all reported.
我觉得报道得不够详细
I didn't think it was reported in any great detail.
我听说那个人是上吊自杀的 是吗? - 上吊
The man hanged himself, I believe. - Hanged?
对 就是
Yeah, you know.
上吊? - 是的
Hanged. - Yes.
真抱歉 我的英语
I'm so sorry. My English.
这儿有位女教师 她接替了斯坦的工作
I have a teacher here who has replaced this man.
她懂得英语 或许你愿意跟她谈谈
She knows English. Perhaps you would like to speak to her?
当然 谢谢
Sure. Thanks.
请跟我来吧 我看看这会儿她还在不在
If you will come with me, I will see if she is still here.
丽斯小姐 有事想跟你谈谈
Miss Liz, I want to talk to you about something.
介绍一下 这是库尔勒先生
Let me introduce. This is Mr. Korla.
丽斯小姐
Miss Liz,
他是记者 在写篇关于斯坦的文章
He's a reporter writing an article about Stan.
你能用英语跟他谈谈吗?
Can you talk to him in English?
好 可以 很愿意
OK, alright. very willing to.
谢谢
Thank you.
再见 - 谢谢
Good-bye. - Thank you.
你在报道斯坦先生的事?
So you're writing an article about Herr Steiner.
不 不 这只是一部份
No. No, he's just an item.
文章是关于德国当前的纳粹问题
The article is about the present-day Nazi question in Germany.
我也是个外行 我以前是个体育记者
I don't know much about it myself. I've been a sportswriter all my life.
拳击界的事你了解吗?
But you know what boxing is these days.
不怎么了解
No. What?
黄金时代过去了 你不是个拳击迷? - 不是
The golden days are over. You're not a boxing fan? - No, I'm not.
好吧,听着
Well, listen.
不谈拳击了 这个斯坦你能跟我谈谈吗?
This man Steiner, can you tell me anything about him?
我了解也不多 - 他是个什么样的人?
Not very much, I'm afraid. - What was he like?
他是优秀老师 - 是吗?
He was a very good teacher. - Was he?
是的
Yes.
我们听说他的过去 我们都大吃一惊
We were so surprised when we heard about his past.
我们很难相信 我是说他对孩子好极了
We couldn't believe it.
- I mean, he was so wonderful with the children. - Is that a fact?
是真的吗?
Yes. He seemed to feel -
是的
似乎感到他对孩子
I don't know - a - a great responsibility towards them.
有一种极大的责任感
真怪 有些人从事多年却很少了解
It's funny how little you know about people, however closely you work with them.
可我
But I -
What?
怎么?
I think it is true to say that, at heart, he was part of the old Germany.
我想不妨说他在内心深处是旧德国的一部份
这个观点很有趣 旧德国和新德国
That's quite an interesting angle- the old Germany and the new Germany.
是的 很有趣 你认为新德国的目标是什么呢?
Yeah, that's quite an interesting angle.
What would you say were the aims of the new Germany?
That's a very big question.
这可是个大问题
What are your aims?
你的目标呢?
Mine? - As a schoolteacher.
我的?
作为一个教师
Well, I think perhaps...
我想或许是教育好儿童 使他们能够胸怀宽阔的
to try to teach the children a broader attitude towards Europe -
对待欧洲 对待世界
a broader attitude towards the world.
能引用你的话吗?
Mind if I quote that? - I'm not an important person really.
我又不是什么大人物 我只是个小学教师
I'm just a schoolteacher. - But you're a young German woman.
你是个年轻的德国妇女
And that's what's gonna interest the readers back home-the feminine point of view.
这会使美国读者感兴趣
妇女的观点?
We're very interested in the feminine point of view.
我们对妇女的观点很感兴趣
你帮了不少忙
You've been most helpful.
你住的近吗?
Do you live near the school? - No, I live in Wilmersdorf.
不近
我住在乃金
我用车送你回去
Why don't I give you a lift? - That's very kind of you.
你太客气了
谢谢
Thank you. - Thank you.
谢谢你
Good luck... with your article. - Yes,
那么祝你写作成功
对了 我可能为那篇文章还要找你
I might want to reach you again... about the article.
能给你打电♥话♥吗?
Can I call you? - I'm in school every day.
我天天在学校
Good-bye.
再见
等一等
Hey, wait a minute.
That bag looks heavy.
这包好像很重?
非常重
Very heavy.
我替你拿吧?
Why don't I help you carry it?
好吧
All right.
鲁伊的长处是动作协调
The point about Louis was Louis's coordination.
他的动作协调极了
Louis had wonderful coordination. He was really -
他真是 你知道他真是那个料
You know, he was really of a piece, that guy.
而且他心狠手辣
And he had a killer inside him.
你看他打玛丽
I mean, look what he did to Schmeling. - Who?
谁? 玛丽
Schmeling. German fighter. Louis killed him.
德国拳击家 被鲁伊打死的
他不是打败了鲁伊吗?
I thought Schmeling beat him.
第一场他赢了 可第二场他被鲁伊打死了
He beat him the first time, but Louis killed him the second time.
死的很惨
He massacred him.
电影精选列表