传说中有音乐奇才
There are legends of people...
所作音乐如此撼动人心
born with the gift of making music so true...
能以此撕裂阴阳间的结界
it can pierce the veil between life and death.
召唤来自过去和未来的幽灵
Conjuring spirits from the past and the future.
在古爱尔兰 这些人被称为先知
In ancient Ireland, they were called Filí.
♪天上的主啊♪
♪ The Lord above ♪
乔克托族人称他们为火焰守护者
In Choctaw land, they call them firekeepers.
在西非地区
And in West Africa...
他们则被称为吟游诗人
they're called griots.
这种天赋可为社区带来疗愈
This gift can bring healing to their communities...
但同时也能吸引恶灵来访
but it also attracts evil.
《罪人》
密西西比州 克拉克斯戴尔1932年10月16日
♪我那微小的光芒♪
♪ This little light of mine ♪
♪我会让它闪耀♪
♪ I'm gonna let it shine ♪
♪我那微小的光芒♪
♪ This little light of mine ♪
♪我会让它闪耀♪
♪ I'm gonna let it shine ♪
♪我那微小的光芒♪
♪ This little light of mine ♪
♪我会让它闪耀 让它闪耀...♪
♪ I'm gonna let it shine Let it shine ♪
山米 -露西
Sammie! -Ruthie.
不要...
No, no.
进来 儿子
Come on, son.
没事的
It's okay.
山米 -我儿子受到罪恶的引诱
Sammie! -My son has felt the call of sin.
但主要求我们去成为犯罪之人的渔夫
But the good Lord calls upon us to be fishers of men who sin...
并带领他们重返正道
and show them the way.
我要你在会众面前向我发誓
I want you to swear to me, and before this congregation...
将那些罪恶之道抛在身后
to leave those sinnin' ways where they lie.
我要你立刻起誓
I want you to promise, right now.
放下吉他 山谬
Drop the guitar, Samuel.
以上帝之名
In the name of God.
放手吧 山谬
Let it go, Samuel.
放下一切
Put it down.
一天前
♪今晚谁来♪
♪ Somebody ♪
♪将我拥入怀中♪
♪ In your arms tonight ♪
♪谁来将我♪
♪ Somebody take me ♪
你今晚要去演奏吉他吗?
You strummin' that guitar tonight?
早安 碧翠丝小姐
Good mornin', Miss Beatrice.
你要告诉我你的计划
You gonna tell me where you playin'
还是我只能自己去打听?
or am I gonna have to hear it through the grapevine?
祝你今日愉快 碧翠丝
You have a good one, Beatrice.
明早礼拜时见
I'll see you at service tomorrow morning.
那我就自己打听吧
I guess the grapevine it is.
早安 妈妈
Mornin', Ma.
早安 宝贝
Mornin', baby.
山谬 别用洗衣水洗脸
Don't put that on your body, Samuel.
妈妈 肥皂都一样
Come on, Ma. Soap is soap.
太伤皮肤了
It'll dry ya out.
那我要趁湿的时候抹肥皂
I'll put this on while it's still wet.
孩子 你也太会耍宝了
Boy, you ain't got the sense God gave a goose.
走吧 快滚
Go on. Get.
喂 妈妈说赶快起床
Hey, Mama said get up.
早安 山米
Morning, Sammie.
真不想起床 真不想起床
Don't wanna wake.
你是霍格伍德?
You Hogwood?
你俩是双胞胎吗?
You boys twins?
不 我们是堂兄弟
Nah, we cousins.
好吧
Well.
厂房♥就是这样
Here she is.
在全盛时期这里一个月能锯一大堆木材
He moved a ton of timber a month back in his heyday.
工人住在楼上
Workers lived upstairs.
是说 你们打算拿这地方干嘛?
Say, what are you fellas planning on doing with the place?
地板你们有洗过吗?
Y'all washed these floors?
有啊
Yeah.
上面沾了什么?
What was on 'em?
我还以为你们已确定要买♥♥下此处
I thought y'all was dead set on buying the place.
和你们这些男孩待得越久
More time I spend with y'all,
我就越不确定你们是认真的
the less sure I am you boys are serious about it.
这里没有"男孩"
Ain't no "boys" here.
只有成年男人
Just grown men.
还有成年男人的财力
With grown-men money.
跟成年男人的子弹
And grown-men bullets.
我无意冒犯
I didn't mean nothin' by it.
那只是我们这里人的说话方式
Just the way we talk down here.
我们买♥♥了
We'll take it.
锯木厂 设备和屋下的这片土地
The mill, the equipment, and the land that it's standing on.
不是吧 -听好了 全部就只会付你这些钱
Well, damn. - Now, understand, it's the last dime you ever gonna see from us.
若让我们看到你或是你的三K党朋友
And if we see you, or any one of your Klan buddies
穿越我们的土地范围我们会立刻击杀他们
cross our property line, we gonna kill 'em right where they stand.
该死
Shit.
三K党已经不存在了
Klan don't exist no more.
早安 爸爸
Mornin', Pop.
你起得真早 儿子
You're up awful early, son.
就像你说过的
Like you say...
"宁可提前完成工作也别让工作追着你跑"
"Jump on the work, don't let the work jump on you."
没错
That's right.
我今天的采收额度已完成
Finished my quota for the day.
对 吉他是我拿过来的
Yeah. I brought it in here.
我希望你能协助我明天的布道
I want you to help me give my sermon tomorrow.
《哥林多前书》10:13
First Corinthians, 10:13.
读吧
Read.
"你们所...
"No temptation...
遇见的试探 无非是人所能受的
has overtaken you, except what is common to mankind.
神是信实的
God is faithful.
必不叫你们受试探过于所能受的
He will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear.
在受试探的时候
But when you're tempted...
总要给你们开一条出路叫你们能忍♥受得住”
he will also provide a way out so that you can endure it."
爸爸 若你不介意的话 我要迟到了
Now, Pop, if you don't mind, I'm gon' be late.
什么迟到 孩子?
Late for what, boy?
有什么地方比教堂更重要的?
Where you gotta be that's more important than being in the House of God?
爸爸 我工作了一整个礼拜
I been workin' all week, Pop.
只求能有一天可以抛开这一切
Wanna be free of all this for a day.
去玩音乐?
To play music?
给那些醉鬼听?
For drunkards?
还有那些仅仅为了肉体之欢
Philanderers, who shirk their responsibilities to their families
而逃避家庭责任的浪荡男女?
so they can sweat all over each other?
我会在明早礼拜前赶回来
I'll be back in time for service in the morning.
儿子?
Son?
你若一直选择跟魔鬼共舞
You keep dancing with the Devil...
迟早有一天 他会跟着你回家
one day, he's gonna follow you home.
小堂弟 快出来吧
Hey, lil' cousin, come on out.
我们这两位大人物还在外面等着
Got two dollars out here waitin' on a dime.
山谬
Samuel!
别担心 杰德叔叔
Aw, don't you worry now, Uncle Jed.
我们会把他毫发无伤地还给你
We gon' get him back to you in one piece.
一切都还好吗?
Well, how you be?
你♥爸♥对你好吗?
Your daddy doin' right by you?
他不会随便打你 对吧?
Say, he not putting his hands on you, is he?
不会 没有很夸张
Nah, man. Nothin' too much.
那其他小朋友呢?
What about the little ones?
只有在他们自己欠揍时
Only when they deserve it.
而且通常都是妈妈负责打人
Well, Ma usually hands out the whoopin's.
很好 杰德叔叔人一向很好
Good. Well, Uncle Jed always been good.
对啊
Yeah.
告诉我芝加哥的事
So, tell me about Chicago.
我听说那里没有实施种族隔离
I heard they ain't got Jim Crow up there.
黑人想去哪就去哪
Black man can go where he wants.
听着孩子 别相信你所听说的一切
Listen, boy, you can't be believin' everything that you hear.
这种小镇会让你充满不切实际的幻想
Town'll fill your head up with this make-believe,
但我和你堂哥会跟你实话实说
but me and your cousin, we gon' give it to you straight.
芝加哥和密西西比的差别只在于一个有高楼 一个有种植园
电影精选列表