怕我下毒?
Afraid it's tainted?
我猜你已经去拜访过 某位过度激动的佛罗里达人
I'm assuming you've also paid a visit to a certain overadrenalized Floridian.
没人会为他难过 -酒来了
No loss there.
手脚真快
Here we are. - Oh, that was quick.
可以为您讲解这些酒吗?
May I describe the selection?
你话还没说完,酒就会被喝光了
You know, by the time you're finished, they'd all be gone.
谢谢
Cheers.
你也不喝酒?
You won't imbibe either?
真是的
Christ.
不管怎样
For what it's worth,
我绝不会把你的女性友人牵扯进来
I would never have involved your female friend.
她的遭遇与我无关
What happened to her, I had no part in.
我反对他的方法,也告知他了
I objected to his methods, and I told him so.
但如你所见,他对于採纳…
But you've seen for yourself how...
别人的意见…
receptive...
我们只拿到名字和地址
You... you get a name, you get an address.
与私人恩怨无关
It's nothing personal.
挡在目标前池鱼
We've all had to work through the occasional civilian
也只能遭殃
who's stood between eyes and the prize.
我刚入行时,我的本事让我惊讶不已
When I started, I was surprised at what I was capable of.
如此轻鬆
How easy it was.
简单到让人吃惊
Shockingly.
但我承诺自己,有些事情我绝不碰
Yet, I assured myself there were some things I would never do.
金钱就是动力
Money was motivation.
也就是说
Which...
只要足够的钱就能换取另一个人生
once there was enough, could be used to buy another life.
这也是我们告诉自己的另一个谎言
Another lie we told ourselves.
好比说你何时最后一次扪心自问
When, for example, was the last time you bothered to ask yourself
你拿枪瞄准的对象 怎麽会这麽彻底地讨人厌?
why someone in your sights was so thoroughly despised?
知道的越少越好
Less you know, the better.
还是老话一句 一个人的残忍♥就是另一人的
"One man's cruelty is another man's pragmatism."
实用主义
That old chestnut.
有个猎人走进树林
A hunter goes into the woods,
看到一头灰熊
and he sees this grizzly.
是他看过体型最大的灰熊
Biggest he's ever seen.
他举起猎枪,击发子弹
He raises his rifle, and he fires.
灰熊倒下 猎人往前冲
The bear falls, the hunter rushes forward,
却惊讶地发现那裡空无一物
and to his surprise, there's nothing there.
没有熊、没有折断的树枝,也没有血
There's no bear, there's no broken twigs, there's no blood.
然后突然间
And then suddenly,
灰熊的大手搭着猎人的肩膀说
the grizzly throws this massive arm around his shoulders and explains,
“你开了枪
"You took your shot."
也失手了
"You missed,
所以不是让我饱餐一顿
so either I feast, or,
就是让我强♥暴♥,由你决定”
and the choice is yours,
I sodomize you."
猎人自然选择活命
Naturally, the hunter chooses life.
隔天
The next day,
猎人回到树林
the hunter returns to the woods
他带了更大把的枪,再次看到那头熊
with a much bigger gun, and he spots the bear again.
他瞄准目标,开枪射击,熊倒下了
And he aims. He fires. The bear falls.
猎人往前冲
The hunter charges.
却不见熊的踪迹,直到熊站在他身旁
No sign of the bear, until the bear is standing beside him,
说道:“你很清楚我们的约定”
saying, "You know the deal."
他再次选择受辱
Indignity ensues.
隔天,猎人走回树林
The following day, the hunter treks back to the wood.
他这次带了火箭筒
This time with a bazooka.
他看到灰熊,以准星瞄准后射击
He sees the bear, lines him up in his crosshairs, fires.
火箭筒的后座力让他往后喷飞
The recoil from the bazooka throws him backwards.
等烟雾散去后,他抬起头
And he looks up as the smoke's clearing,
那头熊抱着胸,由上往下看着猎人
and there's the bear standing above him, arms crossed.
灰熊眯着眼
And the bear squints.
“你来这裡其实不是要打猎的吧?”
"You're not really out here for the hunting, are you?"
你大可把我的死因 搞成肇事逃逸、劫车、在冰上跌倒
This could've been a hit-and-run, carjacking, me falling on the ice.
但你却现身于此
And yet, here you are.
如果我现在尖叫
If I screamed right now,
我可能还是难逃一死
I'd still end up dead.
你应该能成功逃脱
You would make it out.
很有可能是这样
Most likely.
但这样不俐落,不是你的作风
But not clean, you wouldn't.
何必冒这个险?
Why take this risk?
我很想谈谈
Desperate for conversation.
我受宠若惊,但不是
I'm flattered, but no.
你会在这是因为你情不自禁
You're here because you couldn't help yourself.
你以为坐在我对面,会感到安心
You expected to sit across from me and feel nothing but reassured.
就像最近那天,你肩窝顶着武器
Like that recent day when you shouldered your weapon
却不知为何…
and somehow...
打偏了
missed.
怎麽可能失手?
How's it possible?
我为这一刻准备了这麽久
Having prepared myself for this moment for so long,
我不相信会有这麽一刻的到来
I have failed to believe that it would ever arrive.
酒好喝吗?
How are we?
喝完了,全都收走吧
We're done. You can take everything.
好极了
Excellent.
你们不会刚好有冰淇淋吧,卡尔?
They wouldn't happen to have any ice cream back there, would they, Carl?
您想看甜点菜单吗?
Oh. Were you interested in a dessert menu?
不了,没关係
No. No, it's all right.
依计行事
Stick to the plan...
设想周全,不随机应变
Anticipate, don't improvise.
谁都不…
Trust no...
到了吗?
Are we there yet?
要再走远一点吗?
A little further?
我绝不会挑这麽远的地方 但也许可以去河边?
Far be it from me, but maybe down by the river?
天啊
Wow.
倒数自己将至的死期
Last minutes spent knowing they're last minutes.
就连仇人也不忍♥心对方落得这种田地
I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy.
话说我目前的仇人是你
Who, come to think of it, at this moment, is you.
你会记得我们的对话
You'll remember our conversation.
你会的
You will.
等你的那一刻来临时
When your time does arrive.
你眼前闪过的跑马灯 不会是你的一生,而是我的
It won't be your life flashing before your eyes, it'll be mine.
这大概是我最有可能 做鬼也缠着你的方式
I suppose it'll be the closest I can hope to come to haunting you.
可以绅士一下吗?
Help a girl out, won't you?
谁都不信
Trust no one.
你要付出这样的代价
This is what it takes...
才能出类拔萃
...if you want to succeed.
要杀这个人的风险很高
Risky, this one.
毕竟警方付出的努力
Considering how police tend to match their effort
往往与受害者的身价成正比
in direct proportion to the victim's net worth.
管他的
Fuck it.
(《第6章:芝加哥/客户》)
真正的财富是这样的
The thing about real wealth, the more you've got,
越有钱,要低调就越难
the harder it is to fade into the wallpaper.
当然炫富车牌更是在帮倒忙
Of course, vanity plates don't help.
(克雷伯恩)
(步行九分钟)
(磁卡複製器)
您已抵达目的地
You've arrived at your destination.
这傢伙应该不是情报人员
I don't think this guy's Mossad.
肯定也不是门萨天才
I know he ain't Mensa.
祝他玩猜字游戏顺利
Good luck with the Wordle.
(会员选项:试用一週)
不留后患,无后顾之忧
Leave no loose ends, nothing to dangle.
后会有期了,北美
Sayonara, North America.
麻烦您在这两处签上姓名缩写
If I might get your initials here and here.
请别遗漏
Dotting that I and crossing that T.
(提款和其他信贷)
好极了
Perfect.
您在本银行的帐户已正式关闭
Your business with us is officially closed,
一切都转到您在加勒比的帐户
with everything transferred to your Caribbean account.
希望不久的未来 能再次为您服务,杰弗逊先生
I do hope we can be of service again in the near future, Mr. Jefferson.
我想提一下
May I mention,
我们的财富管理顾问 十分乐意与您讨论
our wealth management advisors would be more than happy to discuss
我们精选的投资机会