This is my boyfriend's niece, Daisy -- the one I told you
就是关于实习那件事
about for the internship.
这是黛西
This is Daisy?
就像花一样
Like the flower.
不
No.
绝对不像
Absolutely not.
但你说
No, but you said that--
我被逼的 你明明就知道
I got steamrolled and you know it.
我很抱歉 你看起来是个可爱的女孩
I'm sorry, you seem like a lovely girl,
但现在时间不对
but you actually couldn't have picked a worse time.
而你还是没交报告
And you still haven't turned in your monthly report.
喔 对 我想跟你谈一下
Oh, yes, I wanted to talk to you about that--
不用了 别担心
No, don't worry about it.
我已经和艾伦谈过了 数据我有了
I already talked to Alan, I got the numbers,
我自己帮你补齐了报告 不是第一次了
and I did the report myself...again.
你真是天使啊
You're such an angel.
不 我不是天使
No, I'm not an angel.
我是个小人物 而我完了
I'm a patsy and I am done.
一下偏头痛 一下手腕扭伤
It's a migraine or a sprained wrist.
三个月前 你交不出报告
I mean, three months ago, you couldn't turn in the report
因为一只鸟在你下地铁时飞到了你的脸上
because a bird flew in your face coming off the subway and you
而你却心烦意乱 无法集中注意力
were too distraught to concentrate.
那只鸟超大
It was a big bird...
虽然我很同情你的各种困境
And while I sympathize with your various plights--
你的声音听起来可不同情
You don't sound sympathetic.
他听起来不同情我
She doesn't sound sympathetic.
我不得不郑重要求你做好你的工作
I'm gonna have to ask you to do your job.
我对你很失望
I'm disappointed in you.
嗯
Well...
印象深刻啊
Impressive.
谢谢你
Thank you.
也不是说我需要你的赞赏
Not that I...need your validation.
谢谢你来
Thank you for coming.
露西哈顿
Lucy Hutton?
下一个就是你了
You're up next.
好
Okay.
还有一件事
One thing...
如果你得到这个位子 你真的会让贝克希毁掉文学部吗
If you get this job, are you actually gonna let Bexley gut the literary department?
那是他的事
It's his business.
他想干嘛就干嘛
He can do what he wants with it.
好吧
Okay.
这就是我全部需要知道的
That's all I needed to know.
这是畅销书作家艾蜜莉波利的新书的第一章
This is the first chapter of a new book from best-selling author Emily Powery.
我建议建立一个跨媒体平台
I propose creating a cross-media platform so that people can
让人们可以下载电子书或有声书
download e-books or audiobooks and then have conversations with
然后与其他读者和作家进行对话
other readers and the writer.
要如何运作呢
How would that work?
嗯 一但读完一个章节
Well, once you finished a chapter,
你就会被引导到一个社群来讨论这个故事
you are then directed to a community group to discuss the story.
而作家会是该社群的其中一员
And the writer is part of that community.
他们每次发布一章
They publish a chapter at a time,
就像十九世纪的老式漫画
like the old 19th century serials,
然后在写下一章之前和读者
and then join the conversation with the readers before they
对话一下
write the next chapter.
有趣
Interesting.
如果你翻一下前面那个到第二页
If you turn to section two of the document in front of you,
你会看到我提出的预算
you will see the budget that I'm proposing.
他们认真的问我数字 但
They seriously grilled me on the numbers but...
我觉得我是在支持自己的观点啊
I think I held my own.
我相信你让他们大吃一惊
I'm sure you blew them away.
还有我必须说 不管我有没有拿到这职位
And I have to say, whether or not I get this job,
这整件事
this whole thing, it...
有点让我苏醒的感觉
it did kinda wake me up.
嗯 这里有个小东西
Well, here's a little something.
喔 我的天
Oh, my God.
精♥装♥版的
A Peacock edition?
海伦
Helen!
喔 它好美
Oh, it's beautiful.
达西先生是如此一个伟大的浪漫英雄啊
Mr. Darcy was such a great romantic hero:
高深莫测 被人误解
inscrutable, misunderstood.
我不知道
I don't know.
我认为她可能设置了错误的期望
I think she might be setting up a false expectation.
有时候
Sometimes...
男人们就是混♥蛋♥
guy's just an asshole.
这确实符合我的经验没错啦
That has certainly been my experience.
这在你图书馆里会比较好看
And it's gonna look nice in your library.
这对你来说是一个很好的里程碑
It's a great promotion for you.
谢谢你
Thank you.
露西
Lucy!
我们正准备去找你
We were just about to come find you.
恭喜
Congratulations.
你应得的
You earned it.
这个嘛
Well...
我们今天都有个重大的决定要做
we've all had a big decision to make today.
我认为不言而喻 这次合并有点颠簸
I think it goes without saying that this merger has been a
但我认为B&G现在的定位是
little bumpy, but I think that B&G is positioned now to become
成为一个主要的文学强国
a major literary powerhouse.
我亲身体会到 没有人比这个强国的新任经理
I know first-hand that no one is more savvy or tenacious than its
更精明或更顽强
new managing director...
露西哈顿
Lucy Hutton.
恭喜 露西 什么
Congratulations, Lucy. -What?
干得好 露西
Way to go, Luce.
什么
What?
等等 她刚刚说
Wait, but she just said that--
我上周已经接受了哈伯柯林斯出版社的采购编辑工作
I took a job as acquisitions editor at Harper Collins last
邀约
week.
王八蛋
Son of a bitch.
所以当你说你不需要帮忙就可以痛宰我的时候
So when you said you didn't need help beating me--
是因为我已经决定要辞职了
It's because I had decided to resign.
你为什么不告诉我
Why didn't you tell me?
那就是我的错了
That would be my fault.
我求他什么都不要说
I begged him not to say anything.
我很抱歉 露西
I am sorry, Lucy.
仅仅是与乔希的战斗就点燃了你心中这样的一把火
Just fighting with Josh lit such a fire under you,
我知道如果你保持这种动力 你就会击败其他人 得到这个位子
I knew if you kept that drive, you'd beat everyone else and get the job.
他也会击败你的 乔许
She would've kicked your ass too, Josh!
不无道理
Fair enough.
露西 你是这个地方的心脏和灵魂
Luce, you are the heart and soul of this place and everybody
这大家都知道
knows it.
这正是一个公♥司♥所需要的 更多的心和灵魂
Just what the company needs: more heart and soul.
理查
Richard...
闭嘴
shut up.
事实上 以规则来说
In fact, always just keep your mouth shut,
你无话可说
as a general rule.
嘿
Hey...
你被开除了
You're fired!
早就辞了 笨蛋
Already quit, jackass.
喔 该死
Oh, shit...
你知道我刚刚意识到什么吗
You know what I just realized?
什么什么
What's that?
你就是那个好人
You are the nice guy.
收回这句话
You take that back.
不要
Nope.
♪ upbeat music ♪
你要去哪
Where are you off to?
去海角过周末
Weekend at the Cape.
礼拜一见
See you on Monday!
或礼拜四见
Or Thursday.
不不不 我们和奥布莱恩有合约
No, no, no, we have a contract with O'Brien,
所以如果他想换出版商
so if he wants to switch publishers,
你就得买♥♥断他
you're gonna have to buy him out.
电影精选列表