给基尔帕特里克将军的
for General Kilpatrick.
那是将军在会上吗?
That was the General at the meeting?
这是正确的
That is correct.
我不关心他
I didn't care for him.
在那种情绪中 你并不孤单
You are not alone in that sentiment.
还有什么我应该知道的关于这位将军的事吗?
Anything else that I should know about this general?
是的 有两件事
Yes, two things.
首先 他的随行人员
First, his entourage.
是一大群人吗?
Is it a large group?
嗯 不是特别 只是有女人
Well, not particularly. It's just that there are women.
她们不是堕落的女人 是吗?
They're not fallen women, are they?
没有 但他们是将军非常非常亲密的朋友
No, but they are very, very close friends of the general.
明白了
I see.
你确实说了两件事
You did say two things.
是的 我建议你和你的孙子谈谈
Yes, I would suggest you have a word with your grandson.
我不认为打杀洋基的比赛是谨慎的
I don't think playing kill the Yankee games is prudent,
在这种情况下
under the circumstances.
乔舒亚?
Joshua?
他只是个男孩
He's just a boy.
戴维森夫人 他们看到每一个男性
Mrs. Davidson, they see every male,
无论年龄 作为一个可能的威胁
regardless of age, as a possible threat.
先生们 我确实有其他信息寻求者被雇用
Gentlemen, I do have other information seekers employed.
以下是他们学到的
And here's what they've learned.
谢尔曼正在收集部队和补给品
Sherman is gathering troops and supplies,
并计划通过格鲁吉亚搬到海上
and plans to move through Georgia to the sea
通过萨凡纳的方式
by way of Savannah.
基本上这将做什么
Essentially what this will do
把南方一分为二
is divide the South in halves.
你知道什么时候吗 先生?
Do you know when, sir?
可能是下个月的第二周或第三周
Probably the second or third week of next month.
它可能会改变
It may change.
更直接的 谢尔曼已经命令他的人
Even more immediate, Sherman has given orders to his men
烧毁亚特兰大的任何和所有政♥府♥大楼
to burn any and all governmental buildings in Atlanta,
这发生在后天
with this taking place the day after tomorrow.
仓库区的货物呢?
What about the goods in the warehouse district?
洋基队将采取一切
The Yankees will take everything
他们可以得到他们的手在准备
they can get their hands on in preparation
为即将到来的游♥行♥
for this upcoming march.
先生 你想让我们做什么?
Well, sir, what do you want us to do?
先生们 我们需要烧掉所有的货物
Gentlemen, we need to burn all of the goods
在仓库区
in the warehouse district.
如果我们不这样做
If we don't do that,
这些货物将被用来为谢尔曼的军队加油
those goods are gonna be used to fuel Sherman's army
在他的运动向南
in his movement southward.
但仓库区 这些都是我们的人♥民♥
But the warehouse district, these are our people.
我不想让这些人受到伤害
I don't want any of those people to be harmed.
你的任务是给所有这些人
Your assignment is to give all of those folks
第二天24小时通知
a 24-hour notice that the following day,
所有的东西都会被烧成灰烬
all that's gonna be burned to the ground.
这是非常重要的
This is very important.
我希望这能在洋基队燃烧的同一天完成
I want this to be done the same day that the Yankees burn
亚特兰大的政♥府♥大楼因为我想要
the government buildings in Atlanta, 'cause I want
亚特兰大的人认为谢尔曼做到了
the people in Atlanta to think that Sherman did it.
他无论如何都会去的!
He's going to anyway!
这必须做到
This has got to be done.
如果你不想做
If you don't wanna do it,
我会找到一些会做这件事的人
I'll find some people who will do it.
将军 我们会处理好这件事的
General, we'll take care of it.
里弗斯小姐 安德鲁斯夫人
Miss Rivers, Mrs. Andrews,
我有个坏消息要告诉你
I have bad news for you.
我们有命令烧毁这些建筑物的内容
We have orders to burn the contents of these buildings.
你打算烧我们的建筑?
You intend to burn our buildings?
你必须到明天晚上 24小时后
You have until tomorrow evening, 24 hours from now.
但我们住在这里
But we live here.
去接你父亲奥利维亚
Fetch your father, Olivia.
你为什么要烧我们的仓库?
Why would you burn our warehouses?
你有24小时的时间收拾你的个人和去
You have 24 hours to pack your personals and go.
我们怎么撤离?
And how might we evacuate?
我们不能乘火车旅行
We cannot travel by rail
因为所有的火车都被拆除了
because all the trains are demolished.
我们不能乘马车旅行
We cannot travel by carriage
因为军队夺走了我们所有的马和粽子
because the armies have taken all our horses and mules.
那就走吧
Well, walk then.
留在路边
Stay on the side roads.
我丈夫不能走路 我也不会离开他
My husband cannot walk, and I will not leave him.
我会带任何我能带回的房♥子
I will take whatever I can carry back to the house.
你不是扬克斯
You're not Yanks.
你是吗 伐路人?
Are you, fellers?
我和皮博迪上校谈过 他从来没有听说过
I spoke to Colonel Peabody, and he never heard of
杜利特尔上尉
Captain Doolittle.
我们走几个街区怎么样?
How about we go down a couple blocks?
我可以把你介绍给那大批漂亮的蓝大衣
I could introduce you to that nice big batch of bluecoats
在那里露营
that are camped out down there.
我不建议这样做
I wouldn't suggest doing that.
我女儿告诉我的是什么
What's this my daughter's telling me
关于你们都烧了这个地方?
about y'all burning the place?
约翰 他们给我们24小时撤离
John, they're giving us 24 hours to evacuate.
疏散?
Evacuate?
我们在这里住了30年了!
We've lived here for 30 years!
你为什么要烧任何东西?
Why would you need to burn anything?
你的军队已经占领了这座城市
Your army's already taken the city.
不是他们的军队
Not their army.
这是什么废话?
What kind of nonsense is this?
你们都什么都没烧!
Y'all ain't burning nothin'!
我们现在可以把它烧了
We could burn it all right now,
但我们给你一个机会!
but we're giving you a chance!
我祖母住在楼上
My grandmother lives upstairs.
她不会离开的她哪儿也去不了
She ain't leaving. She ain't going nowhere.
她得走了
She'll have to go.
这里的人们已经经历了太多的困难
Folks around here already been through too much hardship.
这 这是不对的
This, this ain't right.
你在做什么夏洛特?
What're you doing with that, Charlotte?
结束了 詹姆斯
It's over, James.
那三个扬克回来了
Those three Yanks came back.
他们给了我们24小时
They gave us 24 hours.
明晚 他们烧了一切
Tomorrow night, they burn everything.
什么?
What?
为什么?
Why?
没有解释 不是这些人的解释
No explanation, not from these men.
他们在服从命令
They're following orders.
你知道士兵是怎样的
You know how soldiers are.
我带回了账本
I brought back the ledger.
我明天要回去找一些小东西
I'm going back tomorrow for a few small items.
我想这将是一个好主意 有一些记录
Figured it would be a good idea to have some record
我们失去的一切
of all that we've lost.
这一切发生得太快了
It's all happening so fast.
你是什么意思?
What do you mean?
我才回来一年
I've barely been back a year.
一切都崩溃了
Everything has fallen apart.
我们的政♥府♥ 我们的军队 我们的整个社会!
Our government, our army, our whole society!
那是一场该死的战争
It's that damned war.
他们告诉我们这只会持续几个月
They told us it would only last a few months,
我们会赢的!
and that we'd win!
你知道 我知道问题出在哪里
You know, I know what the problem was.
我知道
I know.
那是什么?
And what was that?
我们太瘦了
We were spread too thin.
你没看见吗?
Don't you see?
同一个周末我在维克斯堡的腿被炸掉了
The same weekend I had my leg blown off in Vicksburg,
我们要在葛底斯堡打一场大战!
we're waging a big battle up in Gettysburg!
电影精选列表