我们都是骑兵 对吧?
We're all cavalry, right?
-是的 先生! -是的 先生
- Yes, sir! - Yes, sir.
你们中有人听说过洋基吹牛的事吗
Have any of you heard about a Yankee blowhard
叫乔治·斯通曼?
named George Stoneman?
斯通曼的袭击者?
Stoneman's raiders?
没错
That's right.
斯通曼先生在上次突袭中有点失误
Mr. Stoneman's had a bit of a misstep on his last raid.
你们都把他关了 是吗?
Y'all cut him off, didn't you?
你最好相信
You better believe it.
他正把电♥话♥直奔麦肯
He was running the line straight down to Macon.
我想他会试着把这个地方撕碎
I imagine he was gonna try and tear the place up
就像他们在亚特兰大一样
like they did in Atlanta.
发生什么事了?
So what happened?
他低估了我们的骑兵
He underestimated our cavalry,
我们的战略和决心
our strategy, and our resolve.
结果 他被抓获了
And as a result, he got himself captured.
所以我很高兴现在就告诉你
And so I'm happy to tell you, right now,
斯通曼先生是我们手中的战俘
Mr. Stoneman is a prisoner of war in our possession.
好
Good.
他的骑兵部队还在战场上
His cavalry units are still in the field,
并且是分散的 但仍然活跃
and are scattered, but still active.
听起来像是个机会
Sounds like an opportunity.
是的 我想让我们把事情搞得一团糟
Yep. I'd like for us to mop that mess up.
你想参与其中吗?
You want a part in it?
火灾!
Fire!
火灾!
Fire!
你不会离开是什么意思?
What do you mean you're not gonna leave?
这就是我住的地方
This is where I live.
这就是我一生的生活
This is where I've lived my entire life.
但是妈妈
But Mama.
我们已经谈过离开的事了
We've talked about leaving.
妈妈里弗斯 约翰和奥利维亚
Mama Rivers, both John and Olivia
听到那些士兵说什么
heard what those soldiers said.
我们以前谈过离开 而你从来没有
We've talked about leaving before and you never did.
哦 它会过去的
Oh, it'll pass over.
妈妈 他们会烧死我们的!
Mama, they're gonna burn us out!
艾米利亚 也许你能说服她
Emilia, maybe you can convince her.
还记得吗 里弗斯妈妈?
Remember, Mama Rivers?
还记得我们谈过和我妹妹呆在一起的事吗
Remember when we talked about staying with my sister
在米利奇维尔?
in Milledgeville?
米利奇维尔?离这里有100英里
Milledgeville? That's a 100 miles from here.
即使我们做了旅行 你的妹妹没有
Even if we made the trip, your sister doesn't have
有足够的空间供我们大家
enough room for all of us.
此外 那些蓝色外套移♥动♥得很快
Besides, those blue coats move fast.
如果他们能把我们烧死
If they can burn us down here,
他们可以烧死我们 就像一样
they can burn us down there, just the same.
然后我们会找到另一个地方
Then we'll find another place.
那我们就成为难民了
Then we'd be refugees.
也许安德鲁斯夫人可以带我们进来
Maybe Mrs. Andrews can take us in.
她有一所大房♥子
She has a big house.
安德鲁斯夫人?我不会从她那里拿走慈善的
Mrs. Andrews? I ain't taking charity from her.
这是我的家
This is my home.
里弗斯妈妈 家不是地方
Mama Rivers, home is not a place.
这是你的家人所在的地方
It's where your family is.
我能和她谈谈吗?
Can I talk to her?
也许她能帮忙
Maybe she can help.
很吓人 不是吗?
It's scary, isn't it?
我不害怕我
I ain't scared for me.
我过着我的生活
I've lived my life.
但我害怕我的幼虫 你和伊莱
But I'm frightened to death for my younguns, you and Eli.
你知道我一直希望你接管这家商店
You know I always wanted you to take over the store.
你有很好的商业头脑
You have a good head for business.
但是现在 你一无所有
But now, you ain't got nothing.
现在没关系了
That don't matter now.
重要的是我们一起度过难关
All that matters is that we get through this together.
那些人明天会回来的
Those men are gonna come back tomorrow,
他们会做他们说要做的事
and they're gonna do what they said they were gonna do.
我们别无选择 祖母
We don't have a choice, Grandmother.
这没有任何意义
This don't make no sense.
什么没有意义?
What don't make no sense?
所有这些斗争
All this struggle.
这场战斗和死亡
This fighting and dying.
为什么?
What for?
都是男人的事
It's all men's business.
我想你是对的
I think you're right about that.
他们要做的就是听我们女士们的
All they had to do was listen to us ladies.
它不必来这个
It didn't have to come to this.
我们本可以解决的
We could've worked it out.
但是我们必须在这场战争中幸存下来
But we have to survive this war.
我个人认为它不能持续更长的时间
I personally don't think it can last much longer.
没关系
It don't matter none.
只会有另一场战争
There'll just be another war.
你给这些人一点空闲时间
You give these men a little free time,
他们会找到发动另一场战争的理由
and they'll find a reason to start another war.
我们现在在打仗
We're fighting a war now,
而你祖父打了另一场战争
and your grandfather fought a different war,
我祖父打了一场和那场不同的战争
and my grandfather fought a different war from that one.
这是没有意义的
That's what don't make no sense.
我不能失去你
I can't lose you.
但我只是让你慢下来奥利维亚
But I'd just slow you down, Olivia.
我不想去旅行
I ain't up for no kind of trip.
请和我们一起去
Please come with us.
我需要你和我在一起
I need you with me.
好吧 我们看看明天会发生什么
Well, we'll see what happens tomorrow.
回到你来自的地方去 洋基
Go back where you came from, Yankees.
奶奶!外婆!
Grandma! Grandmama!
怎么了 约书亚?你没事吧?
What's wrong, Joshua? Are you all right?
美国 佬
Yanks.
皮博迪上校
Colonel Peabody.
很高兴再次见到你
Pleased to meet you again.
同样
Likewise.
快进来
Come on in.
这些都是家里的住户吗?
Are these all the occupants of the household?
是的
Yes.
我女儿朱莉安娜和她的儿子约书亚
My daughter, Julianna, and her son, Joshua,
还有我女儿玛丽
and my daughter, Mary.
那些人呢?
And where are all the men?
先生 我丈夫在战前去世了
Well, sir, my husband passed away before the war.
我的哀悼
My condolences.
我丈夫在战斗中
My husband is in the fight.
但是我们已经一年多没有听到他的声音了
But we haven't heard from him in over a year.
我女儿玛丽还没有结婚
My daughter Mary isn't married.
你介意告诉我
Would you mind telling me
如果你目前参与求爱?
if you are currently involved to in a courtship?
现在不是 所有的人都走了
Not at the moment, all the men are gone.
我这次访问的目的是检查这些房♥子
The purpose of my visit is to inspect these houses
为未来美国陆军军官的季度
for future quartering of U.S. Army officers.
是的 我们在会上讨论过这个问题
Yes, we discussed this at the meeting.
你的地方是足够的 但它不是华丽的
Your place is adequate but it is not palatial.
谢谢你 我想
Thank you, I think.
如果它是华丽的
If it were palatial,
谢尔曼将军会想为自己
General Sherman would want it for himself.
那不好吧?
That wouldn't be good?
他的大部分员工
Well, most of his staff,
我自己包括 将提出在这里
myself included, would be lodged here.
你必须找别的地方
You would have to find someplace else,
至少在我们搬出去之前
at least until we moved out.
哦 亲爱的
Oh, dear.
事实并非如此 所以不用担心
That is not the case, so no worries.
我相信这房♥子会足够了
I believe this house would to be adequate
电影精选列表