谢尔曼手下的上校
and a colonel from Sherman's staff,
他有一个人是代表
and he has someone to be the representative
住♥宅♥区
of the residential district,
他让我做代表
and he's asked me to be the representative
仓库区
of the warehouse district.
詹姆斯 这真是个好消息 但是请你
James, that is truly excellent news, but please,
让我成为我们地区的代表
let me be the representative for our district.
詹姆斯 市长打算怎么去那里?
James, how is the Mayor planning on getting there?
马车
Carriage.
没有大量的帮助 你就不能走一步
You cannot walk a step without considerable assistance.
你可能会严重伤害自己
And you could seriously injure yourself
进出马车
getting in and out of a carriage.
好吧 好吧!
All right, all right!
对不起 夏洛特
I'm sorry, Charlotte.
我只是 我感到很无助 不能做某事
I just, I feel so helpless not being able to do something.
我相信你会成为这个地区的好代表
I'm sure you'll be a fine representative for the district,
我知道你能应付会议
and I know you can handle the meeting
就像我一样好
just as well as I could.
市长会期待我 但
The Mayor will be expecting me but
我相信他会明白的
I'm sure he'll understand.
我知道他会的
I know he will.
我们需要这次会议
We need this meeting.
今天仓库发生了一起事故
There was an incident at the warehouse today.
-怎么会这样? -三个扬克来看我们
- How so? - Three Yanks came to see us.
我们?所以不是具体的是你还是我?
Us? So not specifically you or me?
我们 就像在区里一样
Us, as in the district.
他们想看看仓库里有什么
They wanted to see what was in the warehouses
这可能对他们的军队有用
that could be useful to their army.
他们正在检查所有的企业
They were inspecting all the businesses.
-警官? -中士
- Officers? - Sergeants.
我不知道是谁送的
I don't know who sent them.
嗯 我敢肯定 他们并没有真正
Well, I'm sure they didn't really
在我们的地方找到任何东西
find anything in our place.
不 我告诉他们一切都已经被移除了
No, I told them everything had already been removed,
但他们想亲眼看看
but they wanted to see for themselves.
我让他们看看
I let them look.
你做了正确的事
You did the right thing.
像这样的时代 我认为这将是不明智的
Times like these, I think it would be to unwise
是矛盾的
to be contradictory.
下午好 我是皮博迪上校
Good afternoon. I am Colonel Peabody.
和我在一起的是基尔帕特里克将军
And with me is General Kilpatrick.
请自我介绍
Please introduce yourselves.
我是亚特兰大市长詹姆斯·卡尔霍恩
I am the Mayor of Atlanta, James Calhoun.
我是伊丽莎白·戴维森
I am Elizabeth Davidson.
我代表住♥宅♥区
I am representing the residential district.
我是安德鲁斯夫人我代表仓库区
I am Mrs. Andrews. I represent the warehouse district.
请说明您的访问性质
Please state the nature of your visit.
我们希望你的大炮停止射击
We want your cannons to stop firing
无缘无故地在我们的家
upon our homes for no reason.
有充分的理由 戴维森夫人
There's ample reason, Mrs. Davidson.
停止侵略活动取决于
The cessation of aggressive activity depends
在你接受我们的条件
upon your acceptance of our terms.
然后我们需要谈判
Then we need to negotiate.
不会有谈判
There will be no negotiations.
然后请告诉我们如何防止
Then please tell us how to prevent
未来对我们城市的攻击
future attacks on our city.
很简单 没有进一步的阻力
Very simply, there is to be no further resistance.
任何隐藏叛军兴趣或思想的结构
Any structure harboring Rebel interest or thought
窝藏叛军的利益将被摧毁
to be harboring Rebel interest will be destroyed.
无例外
No exceptions.
你能说得更具体些吗?
Can you be more specific?
您必须停止任何和所有活动
You must cease any and all activities
这将阻碍进步或运作
that would impede the advancement or operation
美国♥军♥队
of the army of the United States.
但我女儿和她的儿子什么都没做
But my daughter and her son weren't doing anything
妨碍你的军队的行动
to impede the operations of your army.
他们什么都没做
They weren't doing anything,
他们的房♥子被你的大炮炸了
and their house got blown up by your cannons.
不使用武力的武力威胁毫无价值
The threat of force without the use of force is worthless.
所发生的事情是一次残忍♥和无端的攻击
What happened was a brutal and unprovoked attack.
你什么都没看见 女士
You haven't seen anything yet, lady.
先生们 先生们 女士们
Gentlemen, gentlemen, ladies.
我们不需要任何人采取敌对立场
We do not need anyone to take an adversarial position.
我再说一遍
I second that.
我们来这里是为了创造和维护和平
We are here to create and preserve the peace.
谢谢 上校
Thank you, Colonel.
基尔帕特里克将军 如果你不介意我说
General Kilpatrick, if you don't mind me saying,
你听起来像是从这里来的
you sound like you're from around here.
是这样吗?
Is that the case?
不 不是
No, it's not.
我来自肯塔基州 一个从不滑倒的州
I'm from Kentucky, a fine state that never slid
和你们其他人一起进入污水池
into the cesspool with the rest of you secesh.
安德鲁斯夫人 你说你代表
Mrs. Andrews, you said that you represented
仓库区
the warehouse district.
这是正确的
That is correct.
你熟悉帕克先生.C吗?
Are you familiar with a Mr. C.W. Parker?
我对帕克先生很熟悉
I am familiar with Mr. Parker.
我很惊讶他今天不在这里
I'm surprised he's not here today.
帕克先生很有商业头脑
Mr. Parker is very business-minded.
他与其说是有公民♥意♥识 就是有公民♥意♥识
He is not so much civic-minded.
我知道他和你们军队有过交易
I am aware that he has had transactions with your army.
然而 你没有
Yet, you have not.
安德鲁斯夫人 你接受美元吗?
Do you accept U.S. currency, Mrs. Andrews?
我选择不去
I have chosen not to.
这怀有叛军的情绪
That is harboring Rebel sentiment.
这可以被看作是我们在这里行动的障碍
This can be seen as an impediment to our operations here.
我相信我们能解决这个问题
I'm, I'm sure we can work this out.
先生们 我们能做些什么
Gentlemen, what is it that we can do
以进一步结束这种围困?
to further an end to this siege?
我们能为你做什么?
What can we do for you?
将军 现在对你最重要的是什么?
What is most important to you right now, General?
嗯 找到足够的宿舍
Well, finding adequate quarters
对于我们的军官来说 这将是一个良好的开端
for our officers would be a good start.
我相信我们能帮你
Well, I believe we can help you with that.
我们的许多居民已经离开了该地区
Many of our residents have left the area,
现在有许多漂亮的房♥子空无一人
and there are a number of fine homes that are empty now.
嗯 现在没那么多了 因为炮火了
Well, not as many now, since the cannon fire.
明白了 戴维森夫人 但你明白
Understood, Mrs. Davidson, but you do understand
如果你在给一名美国♥军♥官打个季度
that if you are quartering a U.S. officer,
你的家会受到美国♥军♥队的保护?
your home will be protected by the United States army?
我们能否选择哪些官员?
Would we be able to choose which officers?
这是不可能的
That would not be possible.
先生 我们最多看看
Sir, we've taken a look at most
那个地区的那些建筑
of those buildings in that district.
所以你要告诉我的
And so what you're telling me
这些建筑里有各种各样的库存吗?
is there's a whole range of stockpiles in these buildings?
大约一半的建筑物是空的或几乎空的
About half the buildings are empty or nearly empty.
大多数商品仍然存有
Most of the mercantiles are still stocked.
然后是经纪人
And then there's the brokers.
解释"经纪人"
Explain "brokers."
他们已经和扬克人打交道有一段时间了
They've been dealing with the Yanks for a while.
真?
Really?
很有趣
Very interesting.
他们中的一些人公开接受联邦资金
Some of them are out in the open, taking Federal money.
他们不会告诉我们他们的建筑里有什么
And they won't show us what's in their buildings.
先生们 这是一场国际象棋比赛
Gentlemen, this is sort of a chess game.
我们需要知道谢尔曼的计划是什么
We need to know what Sherman's plans are
在我们下一步行动之前
before we can make our next move.
直到我们知道
Until we know that,
我们还有另一个紧迫的问题需要我们注意
we've got another pressing issue that demands our attention.
电影精选列表