我并不反对提升
Well, I'm not an enemy of betterment,
但我整天忙于设捕
but I am kept very busy with my traps.
你的丈夫没和你一起
Your husband isn't with you.
我们分开有一段时间了
We have been separated for some time.
他一直在东边
He has been... East.
身体一直有恙 但现在我们要团聚了
Illness has kept him, but now we shall be reunited.
大家会很喜悦 - 他在摩根堡等你?
It will be a great joy. - He awaits you in Fort Morgan?
是的 过去三年 我一直和我女儿及女婿一起住
Yes. I have been living with my daughter and son-in-law these last three years.
父母不该给儿女增添负担 你这样是不对的 夫人
Parents should not burden the household of the child.This was wrong of you, madame.
我可不是负担
I was not a burden.
我的女儿欢迎我一起住 - 她当然会这样说
I was welcome in my daughter's house. - Oh, she would say so, of course,
但你肯定看到过她的表情
but no doubt you could read in her facial expression,
沉闷男人刚才说过的 从表情看出你并不受欢迎
as pointed out by the tedious man, that your presence was not wanted.
我们都有各自的生活
We each have a life.
生活都是自己的
Each a life only our own.
你并不了解我或我家里的事
You know nothing of me or my domestic affairs.
我知道每个人都要过好自己的生活 管好自己的事
I know that we must each spin our own wheel and play our own hand.
我曾和一位叫齐波斯基的人打牌
I was once at cards with a man named Cipolski.
这可是很多年以前… - 他是波兰人?
This was very many years ago-- - He a Polack?
是的 他曾是波兰人 - 我认识一个波兰人
He was Polonais, oui. And we-- - I knew a Polack.
我们在打牌 我手中的牌很烂 于是我退出了
We were at cards.
但齐波斯基和其他四个人还在继续
My hand was poor, I folded, but Cipolski and four others remained.
齐波斯基对我说:“瑞雷 我有内急
Cipolski said to me, "René, I am in distress.
你必须来替我玩 让我解决内急”
You must play for me while I perform mes nécessités."
我的内急
My necessaries.
我说:“朋友 不行 我不能替你下注”
I said, "Friend, no. I cannot wager for you."
他说:“你当然可以 我们了解对方
He said, "Of course you can. We know each other well.
你就按我的方式下注”
You wager as I would do."
我说这是不可能的 不是吗?
I say, this is quite impossible, no?
一个人如何下注 是由他本人
How a man wager, it is decided by who he is,
和他与玩牌人的关系 以及赌注的那个时刻而决定的
by the entirety of his relation to poker, right up until the moment of that bet.
我不能替你下注 为什么不能?
I cannot bet for you. Pourquoi pas?
因为我不可能这么了解你
I cannot know you, not to this degree.
我们只能玩自己手里的牌
We must each play our own hand.
“不行 齐波斯基” 我说:“不行
"No, Cipolski." I say, "No.
我们也许算是朋友 但不可能这样了解彼此”
We may call each other friend, but we cannot know each other so."
你可以了解他 人类就像雪貂
You can know him. People are like ferrets.
人类不像雪貂! - 你没明白 朋友
People are not like ferrets! - You misunderstand, mon vieux.
我们可以相互了解到一定程度 但完全了解是不可能的!
We can know each other, oui, to a certain level,but to know entire, impossible.
扑克牌是赌博游戏
Poker is a gambling game. - Mmm.
你在追求挥霍放荡的一生
You have pursued a life of vice and dissipation
你肯定也是这方面的专家
and you are no doubt expert in such pursuits,
但从这样的生活中所得出的结论
but no conclusions drawn from such an existence
并不适用于正直的人生
will apply to a life rightly lived.
人生即为人生
Life is life.
玩牌能教会你所需的知识
Cards will teach you what you need to know.
夫人 你说到自己的人生 在等待你的丈夫
You, madame, you speak of your life with your husband, who awaits,
你奔赴向他 毫不怀疑他依然像三年前那样爱着你
and you fly to him with the certainty he loves you as he did three years ago.
三年了
Bon, three years.
你们曾经爱似烈火 但你说不好现在还是如此
There was a flame. You do not know there is.
正直的人之间的感情是永恒的
Among decent people, relations are eternal.
正直的人会忠于对方 忠于自己
Decent people stay true... to others, to themselves.
人生充满变化 - 自以为是的男人
Life is change. - Presumptuous man.
你说我女儿不爱我
You say my daughter doesn't love me,
我的丈夫不再爱我… - 如果他曾经爱过的话
that my husband no longer does-- - If he ever did.
无意冒犯 夫人
No offense, madame.
我想说的是我们也无从得知 无法了解最深刻的层次
My point is that we can never know, not to the deepest level.
而“爱”这个词 可能有不同的含义 不是吗?
And the word "love," well, it can have different meanings, no?
等一下 先生 - 我知道爱的含义!
Now hold on there, mister. - I know what love means!
你的丈夫曾是讲师 他曾是教育家
Your husband was a lecturer, oui, he was an educator.
你认为他曾是个有魅力的人吗?
Would you say he was a man of charisma?
是的 现在也是!
He was. He is!
很好 对于一个深受众人爱戴的人
Bon, love would mean something quite different to such a person
和一个只能通过奉承
who commands the love of the crowd
骗取爱的人 爱的含义是非常不同的
than it would to a person who can only coax love through subservience.
我没有从本杰曼博士那里骗取爱
I did not coax love from Dr. Betjeman.
我可不是个爱情骗子
I am not a wheedler.
我的丈夫是自愿给予爱的 且爱在持续
My husband's love was freely given, and endures.
我只是说他的爱与你的爱不同
His love was different from yours, it's all I say.
深受爱戴的人把爱当作贡品
The person widely admired accepts love as a tribute
他把自己的爱当作荣誉赠予
and he confers his own love as an honor,
因为这爱来自他 所以一定价值连城
for, coming from him, it must have great worth.
但夫人你不会平淡地接受这份大礼
But you, madame, you would not receive this gift splendidly
就像自己并无所需 你会像乞丐一样抓住它!
as one who has no need, but you would grasp it as a beggar!
没必要这样说! - 你怎敢这样!
Ain't no call for that! - How dare you!
当然这位伟大的先生 深受爱戴的先生
Of course the great man, the admired man,
也可能会接受别人的爱 只不过是当作
he might well accept other loves, simply as his due,
那些仰慕之人应给的而已
from some of those who admire him.
而如果那些人长相清秀 又何必不接受?
And why not, if the admirer's comely?
除了内人 爱情还有不同种类
It is a love of a different kind, of course, than the domestique.
但在法国 我们说… - 你…
But in France, we say-- - You--
你这个肮脏的… - 下手轻点 夫人!
You deplorable... - Ease up there now, lady!
你这个卑鄙的… - 算了 他只是个法国人而已!
You depraved... - Take it easy. He's just a Frenchman!
你让她发作急症了 法国佬!
You've given her a fit, Frenchie!
我们必须让车停下来! - 马车夫不会停的
We must stop the coach! - Coachman won't stop.
他必须停下来 我们是乘客!
He must stop. We are the passengers!
马车夫不会停的 - 必须停 马车夫!
Coachman won't stop. - We must stop. Coachman!
马车夫!
Coachman!
马车夫 我在喊你!
Coachman, I say!
我们必须停车
We must stop!
马车夫!该死
Coachman! Coach-- Merde.
他不停车
He will not stop.
他从不会停车 这是规矩
He never stops. Policy.
你没事了 女士
You're all right. You're all right, miss.
请别这样
Please... stop doing that.
♪ 当我沿着 ♪
♪ As I was a walking ♪
♪ 海湾走下 ♪
♪ Down by the loch ♪
♪ 我在临近中午时散步 ♪
♪ As I was a walking one morning of late ♪
♪ 除了我亲爱的同伴 我还能监视谁?♪
♪ Who should I spy But my own dear comrade? ♪
♪ 裹在法兰绒里的他 ♪
♪ Wrapped up in flannel ♪
♪ 命运如此艰难 ♪
♪ So hard is his fate ♪
♪ 我大胆地走上前去 ♪
♪ I boldly stepped up to ♪
♪ 亲切地问他 ♪
♪ And kindly did ask him ♪
♪ 你为何包裹在如此洁白的法兰绒里?♪
♪ Why are you wrapped In flannel So white? ♪
♪ 我的身体受伤了 ♪
♪ My body is injured ♪
♪ 且悲痛地紊乱 ♪
♪ And sadly disordered ♪
♪ 全因一个年轻女人 ♪
♪ All by a young woman ♪
♪ 我内心的喜悦 ♪
♪ My own heart's delight ♪
♪ 如果她在伤害我时 ♪
♪ Oh had she but told me ♪
♪ 能够告诉我 ♪
♪ When she disordered me ♪
♪ 如果她能在那时告诉我 ♪
♪ Had she but told me of it at the time ♪
♪ 我可能会用盐 或白色水银药片 ♪
♪ I might have got salts Or pills of white mercury ♪
♪ 但现在我已受伤 ♪
♪ But now I'm cut down ♪
♪ 在我的青春巅峰期 ♪
♪ In the height of my prime ♪
♪ 找来六位美丽少女 ♪
♪ Get six pretty maidens ♪
♪ 来抬走我的棺材 ♪
♪ To carry my coffin ♪
♪ 六位美丽少女 ♪
♪ And six pretty maidens ♪
♪ 来支撑我的灵魂 ♪
♪ To bear up my pall ♪
♪ 给她们每一位 ♪
♪ And give to each of them ♪
♪ 玫瑰花簇 ♪
♪ Bunches of roses ♪
♪ 这样她们就不会在走的时候 ♪
♪ That they may not smell me ♪
♪ 闻到我的余味 ♪
♪ As they go along ♪
真抱歉 我向你们道歉
I am sorry.I do apologize.
他每次旅途都会唱 我总是会这样
He sings it every trip. Always does this to me.
你可能以为做我们这行的
You'd think with the business we're in,
我不会这么…
I wouldn't be so...
你做哪一行?
What is your business?
嗯
Well...
我认为我们算是…
I like to say that we're...
收割者 - 灵魂的收割者
reapers. - Harvesters of souls.
电影精选列表