克鲁格太太 我叫卡拉汉
Mrs. Kruger, my name is Callahan.
朋友你的耳朵是不是让狗屎给塞住了
You got shit in your ears, buddy?
我想问你几个问题关于你已故丈夫
I'd like to ask you a few questions about your late husband.
那个狗♥娘♥养♥的垃圾
That lousy son of a bitch?
他什么都没留给我
He leaves me nothing.
我欠了一屁♥股♥的债
I'm up to my ass in bills.
连他的保险金都不够还
He let the insurance run out.
他死了 宁可看色情画报而几个月不碰我 这混♥蛋♥
Then he gets killed looking at dirty pictures when he ain't even touched me in months, the bastard.
没看见我妹妹正在哀悼期?你怎么还不从这里滚出去
Can't you see our sister's in mourning? Why don't you get the hell out of here?
伙计们 为什么你们不去继续舔鱼头
Why don't you boys go suck some fish heads?
想都别想
Don't even think about it.
好吧 等你不那么悲伤我再来
Well, I'll come back when you're less bereaved.
看来你走了很长一段路
You've come a long way.
似乎某些人告诉我要多同它在一起走走
Somebody told us to get it together.
我觉得你肯定听过那话
I have a feeling you've heard that before.
请原谅那天我不是很友好
Sorry if I was a little gruff the other day...
不过你和你朋友真的把我吓了一大跳
...but you and your friend did take me by surprise.
好吧 请我喝杯啤酒 我俩扯平了
Well, buy me a beer, and we'll call it even.
坐下 小猪头
Stay, Meathead.
服务员 请送上一杯啤酒给这位
Waiter, a beer for Mister... .
卡拉汉
Callahan.
也给我来一杯 - 马上送来
And another for me, please. - I'll have that right here for you.
我叫詹妮弗 史班塞
I'm Jennifer Spencer.
恩 警♥察♥这工作怎么样
So, how's police business?
你怎么知道我是警♥察♥
What makes you think I'm a cop?
那天我在大街上正巧看到那场骚乱
I saw the commotion here the other day.
你要不是个警♥察♥那就是全民公敌
You're either a cop or a public enemy number one.
有些人觉得我两者都是
Some people might say both.
真的?是谁呀
Really? Who?
那些面对着桌子上大大的黄铜做的姓名牌
Bozos with big brass nameplates on their desks...
成天坐在办公室里的人
...and asses the shape of the seat of their chairs.
为什么呢
Why?
可能是方法问题
It's a question of methods.
每个人都想干出点成绩
Everybody wants results...
但等到他们该出手的时候又没人肯干了
...but nobody wants to do what they have to do to get them done.
那你就干了
And you do?
该出手时就出手
I do what I have to do.
我很高兴 卡拉汉
I'm glad, Callahan.
但你要知道 像你这种人都快成了稀有动物了
But, you know, you're an endangered species.
如今这个时代 已经不再有责任感和正义感了
This is the age of lapsed responsibilities and defeated justice.
如今 "罪有应得"应该解释成:"除非你被抓住"
Today, "An eye for an eye" means: "Only if you're caught."
即便是那样 法庭程序也是遥遥无期
Even then, it's an indefinite postponement...
接着就是"让我们庭外和解吧 "
...and, "Let's settle out of court."
这听上去是否很无奈也很无聊
Does that sound profound or just boring?
抱歉 你肯定经常听说诸如此类的事情
Sorry, I'm sure you get that sort of thing all the time.
不 我不介意多听些
No, I don't hear it enough.
好了 我们不再讨论哲学问题了
Well, I promise to adjourn Philosophy 101.
你是干什么工作的
What do you do for a living?
我画画
I paint.
画画
Paint?
建筑 汽车 还是其它
Houses, cars, what?
马
Horses.
画马
Horses?
我喜欢画马
Hobby horses.
我正在这里接手一个修复旋转转马的工作
I'm restoring the carousel here.
你似乎并不像典型的圣保罗警♥察♥
Somehow you don't seem like the typical San Paulo policeman.
我不是
I'm not.
不是典型的 - 我不是圣保罗警♥察♥
Typical? - San Paulo.
我是旧金山警♥察♥局凶杀科的
San Francisco P.D., Homicide.
别告诉我 你是来这里度假
Don't tell me this is your idea of a vacation.
不 我来这里是为了一桩案子
No, I'm down here on a case.
就是常规性地收集一些资料
Just gathering information in general.
发现什么了
Anything interesting?
稍微有点线索了
It's coming around.
有结论了
Got any theories?
有人用相同手法杀了几个人 直觉告诉我还会发生同样的事情
Somebody's doing some killing and I have a hunch it's going to go on.
变♥态♥杀手 - 也许吧
A psycho? - Probably.
当然 也许是有人想要回过去所欠他的
Of course, it could be somebody just collecting on a debt.
是报仇
Revenge?
这是最原始的动机
The oldest motivation known to mankind.
你不赞同这种动机
You don't approve?
除非他不违法法律
Till it breaks the law.
你想再来一杯吗
You gonna want another one of these?
不 我明天很早就开工
No, I work early.
我来付帐 - 不 不
I'll get that. - No, no.
这是我们订好的协议
A deal's a deal.
晚安 - 晚安
Good night. - Good night.
你好 先生 那是你的狗吗
Hey, mister, is that your dog?
怎么了 你想收养它
Why, you want him?
好极了
Swell.
那老巫婆说得没错
The witch was right.
真的是你
It is you.
把枪放下
Put down the gun.
好吧 考虑下
Now, look.
你必须意识到
You have to understand something.
这是很久以前的事情了
It was a long time ago.
已经过去10年了
It was 10 years ago.
当时我只是个孩子
I was just a kid.
我不想为此开脱 我知道我错了
I didn't mean anything by it. I know it was wrong.
但我当时喝醉了
But I was drunk.
我甚至不知道自己在干什么
I didn't even know what I was doing!
我现在经商
I'm a businessman now.
我只想赚钱
I'm making money.
我会付给你一笔钱
I can give you some of it.
你会收下的 对吗
You need money, right?
求你了
Please.
这不是我想出来的
It wasn't my fault.
是他们让我♥干♥的
The others made me do it.
我求你了
Don't make me beg.
我还不至于那样坏 是吗
It wasn't that bad, was it?
没坏到要杀了我
Not bad enough to kill me for.
每天都会有人遭罪
People assault every day.
他们会忘记的
They give it away!
上帝呀 别这样
Christ, don't.
求你了
Please.
别开枪
Don't shoot me.
进来
Come in.
把门关上
Close the door.
坐
Sit down.
这是找你的
It's for you.
哈里 那里的情况还好吗
Harry, what's going on down there?
詹宁斯刚和市政♥府♥专员通了电♥话♥
Jannings is bending the Commissioner's ear.
他这个人不错 别跟他太较劲 明白了
He's a good guy. Go easy with him, will you?
哈里 你没什么上层的朋友
Harry, you don't have a hell of a lot of friends upstairs.
别跟自己过不去 明白了
Don't screw yourself, okay?
听懂了
Understand?
不 我一点都不明白
No, I don't understand at all.
这是克鲁格和威尔伯凶杀案弹的道分♥析♥报告
Here's the ballistic reports for the Kruger and the Wilburn killing.
我认为你能很容易看出两者完全吻合
I think you'll find they match up perfectly.
说来话长 小子
So, that's the story, kid.
我们的大学生小妞还在要债
So, our little college honey is collecting dues?
没错
You got it.
那我们该怎么干 - 把她给找出来
So, what are we going to do? - We snuff her.
这镇上有上万人
This town's got thousands of people.
可能她根本就不住这里
Maybe she's not even staying here.
那我们怎么找
How do we find her?
不必找
We don't.
你的意思 - 等着就行
What do you mean? - We wait.
她肯定也会找上你 不是吗
She's coming after you, too, sometime, right?
我想是的
I suppose.