Oh, go on. Why not?
我真的不能要
I can't. Really.
至少让我把它展示给你看看
Let me show you how it looks at least.
不要!谢谢你
No! Thank you.
(威尔士语)对不起
[IN WELSH]I'm sorry.
没关系
That's all right.
不是强买♥♥强卖♥♥
There's no obligation.
好好睡吧
Sleep well.
(犹太语)晚安 妈
[IN YIDDISH]Good night, Ma.
你没必要进门
You needn't come in.
埃文斯夫人叫你去她家领钱
Mrs. Evans says to call at her place for the money.
(英语)您能出来一下吗?
[IN ENGLISH]Would you come out for a minute?
我有东西要给你看
I've got something to show you.
姬诺:我不能 我有活要干
GAENOR:I-- I can't. I've got work to do.
改天呢?礼拜日?
Another time? Sunday?
礼拜日早上是小教堂礼拜
Well, Sunday it's chapel in the morning.
下午我还要在周日学校帮忙
I help at Sunday school in the afternoon.
你叫什么名字?
What's your name?
姬诺
Gaenor.
好名字 别取笑我了
Nice name. Oh, don't be silly.
那就这样了
That's it then.
你叫什么名字呢? 山姆
What's yours? Sam.
山姆·利文斯顿
Sam Livingstone.
姬诺:周日学校忙完后 4点钟
GAENOR: After Sunday school. 4:00.
我时间不多
I won't have long.
(威尔士语)酒和烈酒…
[IN WELSH]Wine and spirits...
全体(威尔士语):…是软弱的根源
ALL [IN WELSH]: ...are the poison of the weak.
知名的探索者和禁酒者是谁?
Who is the famous explorer who was a total abstainer?
利文斯顿医生
Dr. Livingstone.
(威尔士语)醒醒 约翰小朋友
[IN WELSH]Come on, John, bach.
别错过了指导
Don't miss your instruction.
现在 齐声念
Now then, all together.
愿节制长久地做我们的向导
Long may temperance be our guide.
愿威尔士永远是纯粹的威尔士
ALL: And long may Wales be pure Wales.
若醉酒是我们的向导…
If drunkenness is our guide...
纯粹的威尔士就会被染黑
ALL: Pure Wales will be a darkened Wales.
[GAENOR BREATHING HEAVILY]
(英语)对不起 没有关系
[IN ENGLISH] I'm sorry. It's all right.
我不确定你会不会来
I wasn't sure you'd come.
姬诺:有个探索者也姓利文斯顿
GAENOR:There was an explorer called Livingstone,
一个传道士 完全戒酒者
a missionary. Teetotal.
你们有亲缘关系吗?
Are you related?
据我所知没有
Not that I know of.
打开来
Open it.
山姆
Sam.
真美
It's beautiful.
我觉得应该合适 不行的话可以调
I think it will fit. We can adjust it.
手工很精细
It's very well made.
但我不能收 你能收
But I can't take it. Yes, you can.
你穿着会很好看 我妹妹还在上语法学校
It will look good on you. My sister's in grammar school.
我们要付钱买♥♥书 买♥♥校服
We have to pay for books, uniform.
这是件礼物
It's a gift.
太贵重了
It's too nice.
别这么客气
Don't be daft.
我最好回家了
I'd better go home.
看看我
Look at me.
别人会怎么看我?
What will people think?
我们作为犹太人,要如何
How can we, as Jews,
去理解英国这个国家
begin to understand this British nation
我们在这里定居
which we have made our home--
你去哪了 叔叔早就开讲了
Where have you been? Uncle's long started.
我们要了解英国最伟大的作家
--if we do not understand the works
查尔斯·狄更斯的作品
of its greatest author, Charles Dickens?
(英语)什洛米 记得你姑母莎蒂吧?堂妹娜奥美
[IN ENGLISH]Shloyme, you remember your Auntie Sadie? Cousin Naomi.
她们从加的夫赶过来
From Cardiff they've come.
哦 不
Oh, no.
你就这么欢迎我吗
There's a welcome.
你不请我进去喝杯茶吗?
Aren't you going to offer me a cup of tea?
伊德里斯:姬诺 谁呀?
IDRIS: Gaenor. Who is it?
(威尔士语)不是谁 爸 是屠夫
[IN WELSH]No one, Dad. The butcher.
他走了
He's gone.
你继续睡吧
Go back to sleep.
(英语)在这里他们听不到我们
[IN ENGLISH]They can't hear us here.
你怎么样?
How are you?
裙子怎么样?
How's the dress?
很好 很好
Fine. Fine.
我和裙子都很好
Both of us.
我能看看吗?
Could I see it?
你穿的样子?
On you?
看看尺码合不合适
Check the fitting.
别发疯了 山姆 你会害我被人打死的
Don't be mad, Sam. You'll get me lynched.
完全合身
It fits perfect.
改天吧
Another time.
是的 改天吧
Yes. Another time.
哦 等一分钟
Oh, wait there a minute.
不准偷看
Don't peep.
姬诺(威尔士语);我好了
GAENOR [IN WELSH]: Here I am.
(犹太语)好美
[IN YIDDISH]Beautiful.
(英语)什么?
[IN ENGLISH]What?
(英语)你看着很美
[IN ENGLISH]You look lovely.
看在上帝的份上 快点儿
For God's sake, quickly.
(犹太语)你去哪儿了?
[IN YIDDISH]Where were you?
(犹太语)我散步去了
[IN YIDDISH]I went for a walk.
瑞兹(犹太语):他们这次用石头了
REZL [IN YIDDISH]: They had stones this time.
所罗门:这里又不是俄♥国♥
SOLOMON: It isn't Russia here.
不懂事的小孩而已 不是所有人都是坏人
Just a few stupid children. Not everyone is bad.
就算他们是小孩
Children they may be,
是谁给他们灌输的念头呢?
but who puts these thoughts in their minds?
好吧 我会找出是谁干的
All right, I'll find out who it is.
我会跟他们父母谈话
I'll talk to their parents.
别再去惹更多麻烦了
Don't go stirring up more trouble.
我们这里有很多可敬的人
We have many respectable people here.
他们不是我们人 仅此而已
They are not our people, that's all.
他们跟我们不一样
They are different.
生活方式不一样
Different ways.
等你自己开店了 你就知道了
When you have your own shop, you'll see more.
谁若想堕落
To him who wishes to defile himself,
十分容易
the doors are open.
谁若想改善自身 永远都会得到帮助
To him who wishes to purify himself, to him aid is given.
我都说了会跟他们谈 别烦我了
I said I'd talk to them. Now leave me alone.
你该学一学
Simeon ben Lakish. You should learn it.
你从哪儿拿的?
Where did you get it?
(威尔士语)从小贩那儿 爸爸
[IN WELSH]From the packman, Dad.
我会付钱
I'll pay for it.
我会给埃文斯夫人额外干活 没有额外的活
I'll do extra for Mrs. Evans. There won't be any extra.
这个家不能有这个 尤其是有罢♥工♥在进行
Not in this house. Not with the strike coming.
你现在想当娼妓赚钱了?
You want to earn some money whoring now?
不 爸爸 不
No, Dad. No.
送回去 把你的钱要回来
Take it back. Get your money back.
我不会的
I can't.
现在不行
Not now.
我想要这裙子
I want it.
让她留着吧 伊德里斯
Let her keep it, Idris.
钱都花了
The money is spent.
偶尔让她留点东西吧
Let her keep something for once.
(威尔士语祷告)
[PRAYING IN WELSH]
罗伯茨:阿门 众:阿门
ROBERTS: Amen. ALL: Amen.
那我先走了 妈 克莱德
I'll slip off then, Ma. Crad.
就半个小时 去见见小伙们
Only half an hour. Just to see the boys.
你的情郎来了
Here comes your beau.
抱歉我不能留着 诺亚
Sorry I can't stop, Noah.
电影精选列表