几个商人在讨论投资
Couple of businessmen talking about making an investment.
我是约翰
I'm John.
克里松·马修
Crimson Matthews.
克里松·马修
Crimson Matthews.
克里松是个有趣的名字啊
Crimson's a interesting name.
餐馆里的简叫你“圣父约翰”你是牧师
Jan at the diner called you "Father John." You a priest?
惭愧惭愧 我是这个小镇的牧师
Guilty. I am the shepherd of this little town.
餐馆里的简也有跟我说
Jan at the diner also tells me
你最近刚出狱
you were recently released from the services of the state.
这有问题吗
Is that gonna be a problem?
没有
Nah.
看吧 我清楚不管怎样 一个人内在的品质
See, I figure it's what's on the inside of a man
是更为重要的东西 是吧
that counts anyway, right?
为什么不进去看看
Why don't you take a look inside,
看你是否适合这个工作
see if you're up for the job.
你们到底想在这干什么 价钱是多少
What exactly you want done in here, and how much you paying?
假如我雇佣你
Well, assuming I hire you on,
工资是400美金一周
pay is 400 bucks a week,
外加免费住在这
plus you get to stay here rent free.
这 真令人高兴
Here? Delightful.
是的
Yeah.
我需要你把这里打扫干净一点
I need you to clean the old girl up a little bit.
我会再雇佣一个专业团队来
I'm gonna hire a professional crew to come in,
做电工 管道施工 铺地毯
do the electrical, the plumbing, the carpets,
什么的
things like that.
你打扫得干干净净漂漂亮亮 再涂几层油漆
You get her nice and clean, couple coats of paint,
那都是你应该做的工作
that ought to do the job.
给我一周的时间和消毒剂
Give me a week and a ton of bleach
再看看你喜不喜欢我的工作成果
and see if you like my work.
我保证不会比现在这个样子更糟了
I promise you it can't get any worse than it already is.
嘿 嘿 嘿 我听得见 你知道的
Hey, hey, hey! She can hear you, you know.
- 什么破地方啊 - 好吧
- What a shithole. - All right.
我给你一周的时间 出来吧 那里发霉了
I'll give you a week. Come on out. Musty in there.
好的 这是提前预支的400美元
All right, here is $400 in advance
还有500买♥♥供给品
and 500 for supplies.
我提醒你 这有电但很糟糕
I warn you, there is electricity but it's ornery,
就像这个房♥间的其他部分 所以小心为好
just like the rest of the old girl, so be careful.
你说的供给品 我走路来的
You said supplies. I'm on foot.
没关系 可以用我的车
Oh, no problem. Use my truck.
我确实需要开车去一趟镇上
I do need a ride into town though.
这里有地下室吗
Is there a basement?
我可以放工具的地方
Someplace that I can put the tools?
没有
Well, not really.
以前后面是仆人区
There were servants' quarters out back,
很多隧♥道♥通向地下室
a bunch of tunnels that led to the basement.
那里一塌陷 就沦为商用
Once they started to cave in, we filled in the whole business.
里面有个门 但一直锁着
There's a door inside, but it's been locked up permanent.
那件事发生有多久了
How recent did that happen?
有十年了 为什么问
About a decade. Why?
我很庆幸有这个工作
I appreciate the job.
我想你可以让这座旧房♥子焕然一新的
I figure if you can give the old girl a second chance at life,
我也会让你焕然一新的
I can do the same thing for you.
谢谢你
Thank you.
当然 你开车
Absolutely. You drive.
兄弟 拜托 我们回家吧 好吗
Man, come on! Can we just go home?
不可能 我已经受不了每一年都是唐尼赢了
No way. I'm tired of Donnie winning every year,
特别是我不想听他说他在那里
especially when he talks about how many chicks he nails
睡了多少人
over there.
赎罪巷
看看这个地方 汤米 没有人住这里
Look at this place, Tommy. Nobody lives here.
哈喽
Hello!
哈喽
Hello!
我们想暂用你一点时间 讨论一下上帝
We'd like a moment of your time to talk about God.
差不多可以了 我们能走了吗 兄弟
Yeah, that always works. Can we just leave, man?
我听见了什么声音 我要到后面看看
I hear something. I'm gonna go check around back.
汤米
Tommy?
有人吗
Hello?
哈喽
Hello?
有人吗
Is anybody there?
所以...
So...
我听说你得到那份工作了
I heard you got the job.
毕竟我有一周的时间去证明我自己
I got a week to prove myself anyway.
谢谢你帮我说好话
Thanks for putting in a good word.
这是我能为你做的最基本的事
It's the least I could do for ya.
所以你要留下来
So you're sticking around.
至少晚餐是在这
At least for dinner.
我想要一份三明治或什么的
I was hoping for a sandwich or something.
汉堡包和咖啡
Hamburgers and coffee?
完美
Perfect.
所以圣父约翰是怎么回事
So what's with this Father John?
牧师 恶劣房♥东 真正的地♥产♥大亨
Priest? Slumlord? Real estate baron?
我的意思是 我今天早些出现在那里的时候
I mean, there were two pretty swanky investors up there
有两个爱出风头的投资者在那
when I showed up earlier today.
他是捐助者
He's the benefactor.
基本上 自从工厂倒闭以来
Basically, the glue that holds this town together
他就是整个城镇聚在一起的核心力量
since the mill closed down.
几年前我拖欠了这里的租金
I got behind on my lease here a couple years ago.
他二话不说的借给了我
He loaned me money, no questions asked.
跟他说说雷
Tell him about Ray.
那个疯小子 他怎么了
That crazy guy? What about him?
他过去掌管着工厂
He owned the mill.
他的妻子安妮是镇上最漂亮的姑娘
His wife Annie was the prettiest gal in town.
是的 在我出生之前
Yeah. He lived in the house you're fixing up
他就住在你正在修理的房♥子里
before I was born.
真的吗
Really?
是的 当工厂倒闭了 雷也一无所有了
Yeah. When the mill closed, Ray was ruined.
他的妻子安妮得了重病
His wife Annie got real sick
就在这个时候圣父约翰来到这个镇子
about the time Father John came to town.
要不是因为他还了他们的抵押贷款
If it hadn't been for him paying their mortgage,
和安妮去世前的医疗账单
their hospital bills till Annie died,
我不知道雷还能怎么办
I don't know what Ray would've done.
他看起来不像那种人
Doesn't look like he's paying his bills anymore.
他只是不愿意接受别人的施舍
He just doesn't like taking handouts from people,
而且 他的妻子过世后 他也迅速地每况愈下
and, well, he went downhill fast once his wife died.
所以这个圣父约翰
So this Father John,
做有钱人已经好长一段时间了
has he had money for quite a while?
没有 他总是很慷慨
No. He's always been generous.
没有人知道这些钱是哪里来的
No one really knows where it came from.
可能家里有钱吧 也许是这样
Probably rich family, maybe.
所以...
So...
我们今晚八点打烊
we close tonight at eight,
但我不反对有人请我吃晚饭
but I'm not opposed to a man buying me dinner.
我不认为这个镇上还有其他餐厅
I didn't think there was another restaurant in this town.
没有 但是 ...
Well, no, but...
我想也许我们可以在这个餐厅吃牛排
I was thinking maybe we could have steaks at my place.
“在我这吃牛排”没有人会拒绝的
"Steaks at my place." No one says no to that!
雷 不可以 雷
Ray! No, Ray!
雷 不行 不 ...
Ray, no! No, wha...
我很抱歉
I'm so sorry.
拜托 雷 坐下吧
Come on, Ray. Just sit down.
没关系
No harm, no foul.
也许下一次吧 谢谢你的点心
Maybe some other time. Thanks for this.
好的
Okay.
回头见
See you around.
我们当狱友有三年了
Three years we been cellmates.
是的
Yeah.
你一次都没问我为什么在这里
Not once have you asked why I'm here.
如果你想让我知道的话 你会告诉我的
If you wanted me to know, you would've told me.
看在这是我们最后一次玩游戏的份上
Seein' this is our last game,
我想是时候说了
I figure it's time.
我想请你帮个大忙 兄弟