Bored to tears, I sighed and waited...
已为孤独的泪水感到厌烦的我 一边叹息一边等待...
as it took you millennia to turn into fish.
然后你花了上千年进化成鱼
Cheering you on...
我在一边鼓励你...
jumping up and down, throwing rocks at you...
在你笨拙地爬上陆地的时候...
as you crawled stupidly up onto the sand.
我还吓了一跳 朝你扔石头
Pathetic.
可悲啊
I used to sneak down into your little villages at night...
我以前经常偷偷跑进你们的村子里...
and grab some old person or a child...
掳走一些老人或者小孩...
and I'd crack their skulls open on a rock.
用石头把他们的头骨砸碎
Then I'd look...
然后我就看啊...
study...
一边研究...
try and figure out how you work.
想要搞明白你们到底是什么构造怎么运作的
What made you morons so damned adaptable?
是什么让你们这群笨蛋那么能适应环境 能生那么多
But there was nothing.
但你们体内什么都没有
Blood, guts, and shit, same as everything else.
血 器官 还有屎 跟其他动物一样
Pointless, absurd.
毫无意义 荒诞可笑
Just another fucking accident.
不过是又一个巧合
I used to stand on the cliffs at night...
我以前晚上老爱站在悬崖边...
and howl at the stars, wondering what would become of me.
对着星辰咆哮 猜想着我最后会变成什么样子
Was I gonna live forever?
我会永生吗?
I want to die, but I can't. I'm indestructible.
我想死 但我死不了 我刀枪不入
I'm sorry. It's not my fault.
我对我自己感到很抱歉 但那不是我的错
It must be yours.
那么肯定是你们的错吧
I know of no god who could be that cruel.
我还没听说过有哪个神能够那么残忍♥
I know of no god... unless, of course, I am God...
我没听说过有哪个神...除非 哼 我就是神...
but then what difference would that make?
但那又有什么不同?
I'd still be fucked.
我的处境还是那么糟糕
Round and round, the same old dead end.
绕来绕去 终究是一样的死胡同
Reasoning, logic.
推理 逻辑
Bored, finally, I'd...
无聊透顶 最后无事可干...
run down the mountain and terrorize the villagers.
就跑下山去欺负那群乡巴佬
That was just excellent. Thank you very much.
真的太棒了 谢谢你
Piss off, lady. Where's Dr. Artaud?
闭嘴吧 小姐 阿陶德教授在哪?
These gentlemen are waiting to take you...
这些先生们正等着带你...
to Dr. Artaud straight away.
直接去找阿陶德教授呢
Fred, where are they taking him?
弗雷德 他们要把他带去哪?
He's on his way to Dr. Artaud.
去找阿陶德教授啊
Hey, watch it!
嘿 小心点!
Where's Dr. Artaud? I want to see the doctor!
阿陶德教授在哪?我要见教授!
Dr. Artaud's not far off. Please be patient.
阿陶德教授就在附近 请耐心一点
Where's the girl? What girl?
那个女孩儿在哪? 什么女孩儿?
Oh, the girl. There's a girl?
噢 那个女孩儿 还有个女孩儿?
Yes, of course there's a girl.
对 当然还有一个女孩儿
Get that goddamn thing away from me.
拿那东西离我远点
And who do you gotta sleep with around here, anyway...
还有在这里我他妈要跟谁睡才能...
to get a fuckin' drink?
搞到些酒来喝啊?
Matter is one. Yes, of course. That's easy.
物质是不可分割的 对 没错 很简单
But, you see, are different densities.
但是 你看 它们有不同的密度
Heavy and light.
有重有轻
It can interpenetrate.
它们能够相互渗透
You see, it's proved. This proves it?
你知道吧 这已经被证实了 你这就能够证明?
You doubt my methods. It's OK.
你怀疑我的方法 没关系
The center needs a margin.
任何系统都会有其边界
Have some wine.
来 喝点酒
Are you a scientist or something?
你是科学家什么的么?
I'm on vacation... or lost, maybe.
我在度假...或者可能 走丢了
We have to wait and see.
我们等着就知道了
It's beautiful.
好美
It is both an equation and an architectural schematic.
这既是一个等式也是一个设计图
To know and to be.
理解它然后将其实现
This is not even a question.
这些都不是问题
There is no alternative.
我们根本没有选择
You see, it's clear in the loneliest little avenues...
你看 已经很明白 粒子和波之间的...
between particles and waves...
这条孤独小径...
shunned even by the gregarious quark...
被喜好集聚的夸克所躲避...
unheard of by the various strands of time.
在众多时间流中都未曾被人发现
So large it cannot be seen...
太大而无迹可寻...
yet small enough to be immovable...
同时又极小、坚不可摧...
lies the fabric of infinite reality...
在无穷现实之网中
gripped in the tiny little concrete fist...
被万有或是虚无的...
of the all or nothing.
小小石拳所紧握
What do you call it?
你管它叫什么?
The matter eradicator...
物质湮灭器...
invented to free a difficult friend...
为解救一个经受...
from eternal damnation.
永生之罚的朋友所发明
You must be Dr. Artaud.
你一定是阿陶德教授
For what it's worth, alas, my name is mud.
信不信由你 唉 我名唤污泥
They keep me locked in a room on the top floor...
他们把我关在顶层的一个小房♥间...
but I said rude things to the chambermaid...
但我对那女看守说了些很过分的话...
and she set me free.
她就把我放走了
I thought you were examining the monster.
我以为你正在给怪兽做测试
Not yet. I've been left alone with my thoughts.
还没呢 我一直在这儿独自思考
It is not so bad, really.
这里也挺舒服的
Come on.
来
We have to get out of here. They've tricked us.
我们要走了 他们骗了我们
I'm so sorry.
对不起
Margaret, where is he?
玛格莱特 他在哪?
It's so sad.
真的
It's all over the news.
已经被新闻传得人尽皆知
This beast, that has killed thousands...
这只杀了上千人的怪兽...
upon thousands remorselessly for hundreds of years...
数百年来毫不肯悔改...
is now subjected to intense scientific experimentation...
现已成为高♥强♥度科学实验的研究对象...
aimed at discovering his exact subcellular makeup.
以便深入研究其不可思议的亚细胞结构
Government researchers all agree this freak of nature...
政♥府♥研究员都认为了这个怪兽...
is as yet indestructible...
真的是刀枪不入
impervious even to atomic radiation.
甚至在原子辐射下仍能无动于衷
Sources close to the president claim the monster...
有可靠消息称 总统宣称这只怪兽...
is an invaluable strategic defense acquisition.
是极其珍贵的、战略级的国防研究宝藏
Remarkable.
太厉害了
He's beyond scientific analysis.
他完全超越了现有的科学认识
He's an unknown substance.
由未知的物质构成
He's everything and nothing.
他是万有 也是虚无
Professor, he has to be something.
教授 他肯定得是个什么东西
Of course, but that something is something we cannot name yet...
当然 但是这个“东西”我们还没有能力为之命名...
so we must not believe it exists.
所以我们断不能相信其当真存在
But he is weaker than we thought.
但他远比我们想象的要弱
He cannot stand information.
他无法忍♥受过度的信息
He's like an enormous satellite dish.
他就像是一个巨大的电视天线
He feels passing physioelectronic...
他能感觉到电流在体内的传导...
transmissions the way you and I would feel the ache...
那感觉跟我们人类忍♥受脑瘤的痛苦...
of a brain tumor.
是一样的
He won't die, will he?
他不会死 对吧?
Oh, no. Quite impossible.
噢 不 没什么可能会死
I assure you he's perfectly indestructible.
我保证 他是绝对不可摧毁的
He can withstand this torture indefinitely.
他肯定能熬过这些折磨
I only hope that I will be able to procure...
我唯一的希望就是能够得到...
the appropriate funding to continue my research.
足够的资金来支持我的研究
We can help you with that.
这个我们倒是能帮得上忙
I would appreciate anything you could do.
谢谢你为我们的研究所做的一切
We have to get him out into the world, though.
不过我们得把他带到人类社会里去
But he's dangerous.
但他很危险
Yes, of course.
是很危险
But he's made a promise to Beatrice.
但他已经答应过比娅崔斯
A promise to a young girl. What is it worth?
对年轻女孩儿许下的承诺 有什么用?
We'll have to wait and see.
等着看就知道了
Still, to let him at large and study him...
不过 如果对他在...
under a multitude of circumstances...
复杂环境中的生存状态...
this could be extremely valuable.
进行研究 所得成果可能会更有价值
My guess is people will be bored by the monster...
我的直觉告诉我公众在...
sometime tomorrow afternoon.
明天下午之前就会对这怪兽完全失去兴趣
电影精选列表