我今天要去印度了
I'm leaving for India today.
真棒
Oh, that's cool.
所以没时间弄这个了
So I don't really have time to deal with this.
而且现在我也没钱
And I also really don't have the money right now.
你能帮我个忙
So could you do me a favor
在我离开这段时间 用我的洗衣机吗
and could you, while I'm gone, just use mine?
可以免费用你的洗衣液 和烧烤炉吗
Could you throw in free detergent and the use of your barbecue?
-好 成交 -好的 成交 谢了
-Okay, deal. -All right, deal. Thanks, man.
-客气 -谢谢
-You're welcome. -Gracias.
我想我准备好了
I think I'm ready.
好了 嗨 特雷莎 维伟克根本没来
Oh! Okay. Hi, Theresa. Vivek never showed up.
在那儿等了三个小时了 我现在在出租车上
Been waiting there for three hours. I'm in a cab now.
如果你联♥系♥到他 让他打我这个手♥机♥
Well, if you hear from him, have him call me on this mobile.
你有号♥码吗 好吧
You have it? Okay.
拜
Bye.
按喇叭干嘛
What is with all the honking?
好的 先生
Yes, sir. Yes, sir.
对不起
Sorry.
先生 到了 先生
Sir. That's the place, sir.
-这里 -183号♥
-Here. -183?
是的 先生 楼上 楼上
Yes, sir. Yes, sir. Upstairs, upstairs.
好吧 好吧
All right. All right.
谢谢
Thank you.
嗨 你好 抱歉
Hi, there. Excuse me. Sorry.
是 这边 是我不好
Whoops. Yep, there we go. That's my fault.
请问3B在哪里
Can you tell me which one 3B is?
你好 我就是JB伯恩斯坦
Hello. I'm JB Bernstein.
JB先生 你好 我是维伟克
JBB, sir. Hello. I'm Vivek.
你不是该去机场接我的吗
Weren't you supposed to pick me up at the airport today?
是的 但是是明天
Yes, but that is tomorrow.
不对 维伟克 是今天
No, Vivek, today.
所以我才站在这儿
That's why I'm standing here.
我肯定是明天 JB先生
I was certain that it was tomorrow, JB sir.
我一整天都在打你电♥话♥
I tried calling you all day.
电♥话♥还没装好
The telephone lines are not up yet
我一整天都在打手♥机♥
and I've been busy on my cell phone, you know,
解决这个问题
trying to resolve the issue.
但 不管怎么说 你到了
But, anyway, you are here now.
对于"百万金臂" 我们非常高兴 JB先生
We are very excited about Million Dollar Arm, JBB, sir.
谢谢 是JB
Thank you. And it's just JB.
-好的 -个"B"
-Okay. -One "B."
-JB -不带"先生"
-JB. -No "sir."
-这就是我们的办公室吗 -是的 JB
-So this is our office? -Yes, JB.
交通总是这么堵吗
Is there always this much traffic?
孟买♥♥交通总是很堵 JB
There's always traffic in Mumbai, JB.
按喇叭是怎么回事
What's with the honking?
印度人喜欢按喇叭 JB
Indians love honking, JB.
我不明白为什么 没什么用嘛
I don't know why. It doesn't help.
总之 你先安顿下来 等你准备好了
Anyway, you settle down, and then whenever you are ready,
我们就可以开进度报告会了
we can have a status report meeting.
好极了 我准备好了 开始吧
Great. I'm ready. Let's do it.
-现在吗 -是的
-Right away? -Yes.
行
Oh, okay.
首先 很高兴地告诉你
First of all, I am happy to inform you
我们的所有计划 都平稳准时地进行着
that all our plans are running smoothly and on time.
很好 我能看看宣传♥单♥吗
Great. Can I see the flyers?
宣传♥单♥还没好
Flyers are not here yet.
还在印刷 我们会弄好的
They are at the printers. We are trying to get them.
好吧 T恤呢
Okay. How about the T-shirts?
还在仓库
They are at the warehouse.
我们也会准备好的
We are trying to get them, too.
好吧 但我们送来的东西呢
Okay, but the equipment that we sent over,
档网 棒球 球棒 都在这儿吗
the batting cages, balls, bats, that's all here?
很高兴向你确认 都在印度了
I'm happy to confirm that they all are here in India.
但没在这儿
But you don't have them here?
不在这儿 在海关那儿
No. They are at the customs.
我觉得我们该把这件事解决了
I think we should be working on that.
好的 维伟克 我需要事情 准时平稳地进行
Okay, Vivek, I need things to run on time and smoothly,
是实实在在的准时平稳
but actually run on time and smoothly,
不是印度式的
not Indian on time and smoothly.
要知道 在印度 我们
You know, here in India, we do things
做事的方法跟美国不一样
a little differently than in the US.
好吧 那么
Okay, so,
我们要怎样才能拿回我们的东西
what do we have to do to get our stuff?
要付钱
Uh, we have to pay money.
付钱 行贿吗
Pay money. Like a bribe?
不 不 不是...不是行贿
No, no, no. Not a...Not a bribe.
我是说 干嘛要用这个字眼
I mean, why use such words?
我们叫做"变通"
We call it "bypassing the system."
印度的办事速度很慢 所以我们变通一下
The systems in India are very slow, so we bypass them.
-通过付钱来变通 -这是印度的方式
-By paying money. -That's the Indian way.
印度人按喇叭 还有变通
Indians love honking and bypassing the system.
行吧
Okay.
那就去做吧
Let's do it.
他说要三周以后
He says come after three weeks.
你想要什么 还要吗
What do you want? You want more?
你要多少
How much do you want?
滚开
Get lost!
维伟克 跟我说说
Vivek, explain to me
我们为什么不能跟那个家伙变通
why we can't bypass that guy.
可以 但不是在那儿 JB
We can, but not in there, JB.
-好吧 那是在哪儿 -我还不知道
-All right, well, where? -Ah. Well, I don't know yet.
知道吗 维伟克
You know what, Vivek,
我开始对你的计划 失去耐性了
I'm starting to lose patience with this whole plan of yours.
别着急 JB 在印度你需要耐心
Don't lose patience, JB. You are going to need it in India.
他来了
Ah, here he is.
他说要在这儿办
He says he'll do it here!
这儿 大街上
Here? In the middle of the street?
他想在这儿变通 开什么玩笑
That's where he wants to bypass the system. Really?
谢谢
Thank you.
嘿 怎么了
Hey. What's up?
-我找到球探了 -真的吗 是谁
-I found our scout. -Really? Who?
雷波伊泰文 他是最棒的
Ray Poitevint. He's one of the best.
他退休了 但豪斯说 他两星期后到那儿
He's retired, but House says he can be there in two weeks.
-太好了 真是好消息 -不客气
-Oh, that's great. Great news. -You're welcome.
好了 听着 我明天打给你
All right, listen, I'll call you tomorrow.
好的 回见
All right, I'll see you later.
-拜 -打扰了 先生
-Bye. -Excuse me, sir.
-你是JB 伯恩斯坦吗 -我是
-Are you JB Bernstein? -Yes, I am.
你好 先生 我是阿米特罗翰
Hello, sir. I am Amit Rohan.
我爱棒球
I love baseball.
我很想和你一起 为"百万金臂"工作
I would like very much to work with you on The Million Dollar Arm.
很好 孟买♥♥的选拔赛在这个月底
Great. Tryouts in Mumbai are at the end of the month.
到时过来
Come on by.
大厅 先生
Lobby, sir.
JB先生 我不会打棒球
JB sir, I don't play baseball.
看看我 身材太瘦小了
Look at me. Too small to compete.
但我在新孟买♥♥教棒球
But I teach baseball in New Mumbai.
-是吗 -是的 先生
-You do? -Yes, sir.
在我的学校里有七名学生
At my college I have seven students.
问我有关棒球的问题
Ask me any question about the game of baseball,
我会回答的 问我吧
I will tell you. Ask me.
好吧
Okay.
第一投手要
How many innings does a starting pitcher
投几局才能赢
have to pitch to get the win?
能问个别的问题吗
Can you ask me a different question?
不行 再见
No. Goodbye.
先生 我不收报酬的 先生
Sir. Sir, I'll work for free, sir.
真的
Really?
真的 我不收报酬
Yes, sir. I'll work for free.
电影精选列表