But you're also being a class-A jerk.
我是说 我明白他们 是你的投资和全部
I mean, I understand they're your investments and everything,
但他们也是孩子
but they're also just a couple of kids.
关键词是"孩子"
"Kids" being the operative word.
如果一切顺利 SI杂♥志♥想策划
Well, SI is thinking of doing a cover story,
一个封面故事
if all goes well.
不 不行 ESPN还想制♥作♥一档专题节目
No, no. No, ESPN still wants to do a feature
《线外》 对 我今天刚跟那人谈过
for Outside the Lines. Yeah, I just talked to the guy today.
嘿 嘿 伙计们
Hey. Hey, guys.
嘿
Hey.
好了 祝你们
All right, I just wanted to
一切顺利
wish you guys all the best.
我知道你们会大展身手 让他们大吃一惊的
I know you're gonna get out there and you're gonna blow them away.
真的 好了 拥抱一下
Truly. All right, let's hug it out.
这就是我们要做的 我们就这么做
This is what we do. This is how we do it.
一谢谢 布兰达 -谢谢 谢谢
-Thank you, Ms. Brenda. -Thank you. Thank you.
-好运 -谢谢 女士
-Good luck. -Thank you, madam.
好了 你们回来要好好讲给我听
Okay, then I wanna hear all about it when you get back.
嘿 走 伙计们 把行李装上车
Hey! Come on, guys. Let's load it up.
-再见 -好运
-Bye. -Good luck.
我们走了 嘿 嘿 嘿 能聊两句吗
We gotta go. Hey, hey, hey. Can I talk to you for a second?
好 怎么了
Yeah. What's up?
我想为那天的事道歉
I just wanted to apologize for the other day, you know.
我压力很大...
I've been under a lot of...
这些事给我带来了很大的压力
I've been under a lot of pressure with all this
我不该拿你撒气的
and I did not need to take it out on you.
我是个成熟的女人 JB 我能处理
Oh, I'm a big girl, JB. I can handle you getting mad.
只是我不喜欢看到你那样 就是这样
I just don't like seeing that side of you, that's all.
那是什么样
What side is that?
我不知道 凡事都
I don't know. The side that puts the deal
以生意为重
before everything else, I guess.
也许我就是那样
Well, maybe that's just who I am.
也许吧 我希望不是
Maybe. I hope not.
一路顺风
Safe travels.
让他们见识见识
Knock 'em dead.
没事的 不会影响你的切球
It should be fine. It shouldn't affect your cutter.
先生 我不投切球
Sir, I don't have a cutter.
看吧
See?
先生 你觉得我们准备好了吗
Sir, do you think we're ready?
我或者他人怎么想不重要
Doesn't matter what I think, or anyone else.
重要的是你们怎么想
It only matters what you think.
明白吗
You understand?
给
Here you go.
这个不是应该己经准备好了么
Shouldn't this be ready already?
快了 就快了 好吗
It's getting there. It's getting there, okay?
张来了
Oh, Chang's here.
他肯定在想 我们怎么会安排在商场里
Think he's wondering why we're doing this in a strip mall?
我不知道 跟你说
I don't know. I'll tell you what,
别跟豪斯说这件事 行吗
do not talk to House about this, okay?
他不高兴
He is not happy.
糟糕
Well, too bad.
好好干 伙计
Showtime, buddy.
来吧 搭档 砰
Let's do this, partner. Boom.
-你紧张吗 -不
-Are you nervous? -Uh, no.
不该紧张 因为所有印度人♥民♥都支持你
Well, you shouldn't be, because all of India is behind you.
-我们都会看直播 -所有人
-We will all be watching live. -All?
对 有接近五亿人...
Yes, this feed will be seen...
好耶
Yes!
...看这段视频
...by nearly half a billion people.
我们知道 你们会让印度引以为傲的
And we know you'll make India so proud.
谢谢 好运
Thank you. Good luck.
好了 感谢大家的到来
Okay, thank you, guys, all for coming out.
不管你信不信 10个月前
Uh, believe it or not, 10 months ago,
这两个孩子 连听都没听说过棒球
these two guys had never even heard of baseball,
更别说捡起棒球 进行投球了
much less picked one up and tried to throw it.
所以 我很肯定你们会为
Uh, so, I'm pretty sure you're gonna be blown away
今天所见到的大吃一惊
by what you see today.
总之 废话少说 有请印度最棒的选手登台
Uh, anyway, without further ado, please welcome India's finest.
先上来的是迪尼斯库马尔帕特尔
First up, Dinesh Kumar Patel.
-走吧 来吧 伙计 -好耶
-Let's go. Come on, buddy. -Yeah! Whoo!
印度
-怎么了 -先生 土墩不行
-What's wrong? -Sir, mound no good, sir.
-什么意思 -先生 没有橡胶
-What do you mean? -Um...Sir, no rubber, sir.
别担心 好吗 你做得到的
Don't worry about that, okay? You got this.
你要放松 投球 行吗
I want you to just relax and throw your stuff, all right?
放松然后投球
Relax and throw your stuff.
就往那儿投 好吗
Right in there, all right?
他们投得很差 JB
They were all over the place, JB.
是啊 但皮特 你可以从中看出潜力的
Yeah, but Pete, you gotta see the potential here.
潜力 或许从市场的角度来说是这样 也许吧
Potential? Maybe from a marketing perspective. Maybe.
但这是美职棒
But this is Major League Baseball.
不是什么社会实验
This isn't some social experiment.
对不起 他们去不了水手队
I'm sorry. They're not for the Mariners.
-你会后悔的 皮特 -对不起
-You're gonna regret this, Pete. -Sorry.
伯 巴斯坦先生
Mr. Bernstein.
嘿 张先生
Mr. Chang, hey.
听着 他们的实力远不止如此
Listen, they're a lot better than that.
我不知道出了什么情况
I don't know what happened out there.
恭喜
Congratulations.
什么
I'm sorry?
你说一年内 参加美职棒选拔赛
You said one year to a Major League tryout.
-你做到了 -好 但是...
-You did it. -Yeah, but...
听着 我很满意 我会把协议延长到三年
Look, I'm satisfied. I will extend our deal to three years.
所有这些关注
With all this attention,
会让"百万金臂"
it can only help The Million Dollar Arm
今后更引人注意
be more visible in the future.
这两个孩子不行 还有其他的孩子
These boys are done, but there'll be others.
再会
Good day.
你拿下合同了
Well, you got your deal.
也许你可以带着那两个孩子 出去庆祝一下
Maybe you can take the boys out and celebrate.
对吗
At least we get to see our families soon, right?
表面上来说 这个主意 听上去很不错
On the surface, guys, this sounded like such a promising idea,
他们还展示出了
and they even showed
一些真正的价值
some flashes of real brilliance.
但最终 我不得不相信 至少目前看来
But in the end, I gotta believe, at least right now,
他们签约美职棒球队的机会
their chances of getting signed by a Major League club
微乎其微
fall between slim and none.
再来关注一下他们的自我评价 这里是史蒂夫莱维
More on how they thought they did. Here's Steve Levy.
林库 从你开始吧 在今天的投球之后
Rinku, let's start with you. After the way you pitched today,
你觉得你投得好到 足以让球队签下你吗
do you feel like it was good enough to get signed?
不 先生
No, sir.
迪尼斯 你呢
Dinesh, what about you?
不 先生 我们投得不好
No, sir. We did not pitch good.
别走开 伙计们 接下来更精彩
Hang in there, fellas. Better times ahead.
转回演播室
Back to you in the studio.
听着 这是个不错的想法
Look, this is a good idea.
印度来的投手 会在美职棒联赛投球
Someone from India is going to pitch in the big leagues,
但是 希尔 不是这两个 也不是现在
but, Schill, not these guys and certainly not right now.
对我来说这就像是 巨大的公众表演
This felt like a huge publicity stunt to me.
我是说 他们还没为 职业选拔赛做好准备
I mean, these guys are not ready for a pro tryout.
他们投得很差
They're throwing the ball all over the place.
说到这件事 谁能指责他们呢
When you think about it, who can blame them?
到处都是球探·媒体...
There's scouts, there's media everywhere...
你是对的
You were right.
天啊 我没...
God. I did not...
我没看到你
I did not see you there.
我对了什么
Uh...Um, what was I right about?
我就是个混♥蛋♥
I'm a jerk.
我混了好一阵了
I've been one for a while now.
也许一生都是
Maybe my whole life.
对 我听说今天的事了 很遗憾
Um, yeah, I heard about today. I'm sorry.
电影精选列表