来看看这保险单吧
So, why don't we take a look at this First Guarantee Life?
你们俩人四个月前 购买♥♥了人寿保险
Now, you both bought life insurance policies from the company around 4 months ago.
你是他的保险受益人 -我是他的妻子
And you are the beneficiary? - I'm his wife.
你知道保额是二百万吗?
Libby, you don't suppose he's worth two million?
他想保障我们的基本生活
Nick wanted to make sure that if anything ever happened to him we'd be okay.
我怕陪审团会视二百万
I was afraid the jury may feel there's a big difference between ok
为你的动机
and 2 million dollars. They may see it as a motive.
他们这么说吗?
Is that what they're saying out there?
没有人说…
No, one is saying...I don't think we have to be concerned about something...
说我为钱杀死尼克?
That I killed Nick for money?
我们经济出现过问题 尼克担心过, 但没事了
I mean, I know we had some problems, and Nick worried, but we were okay. -Libby!
两个调查员本来 控告他挪用公♥款♥
Two of his investors were suing him for embezzlement.
第一西雅图已把他的产业
First Seattle issued a lien on all of his
和你的财产扣押
real estate properties, and your personal possessions...
尼克死了, 问题都消失
Nick's death means all these little problems disappeared behind a
你还有二百万赔款
corporate shield, leaving you with two million dollars.
你以为我杀了他吗?
Do you think I killed him?
律师的想法并不重要
It's the first rule of being a lawyer. What we think doesn't matter.
对我却重要
It matters to me.
我当然相信你没有杀他
No, of course, I don't think you killed him.
当你查看无线电机时
Petty officer Young. What was the condition of the Morning Star's
发觉它怎样?
marine-band radio when you had a chance to inspect it?
听筒的电线给切断了
The handset cord had been cut.
当你们靠近游艇时…
And as you initially approached the sailboat,
你看见什么? -彭太太手持一把刀
...what did you see? - Mrs. Parsons was holding a knife.
这里是第四项证物
I show you State's exhibit number four.
求救…这是晨星号♥
Uh, mayday, mayday, this is uh, the "Morning Star".
有什么紧急事故? -有人用刀插♥我♥
State your emergency, Morning Star. - I've, I've been stabbed.
我在流血…我的天… 我叫做彭尼克
I'm bleeding. Uh, oh, Jesus... My name, my name is uh, Nicholas Parsons.
请说出你的位置 -我不知道
State your position? - I don't know, man!
韦德比岛西北西三哩外吧
Three miles northwest of Whidbey lsland, I guess.
我的天!
Oh, God!
彭太太, 你听过供词了
Mrs Parsons, you've heard the testimony presented to this court,
而你解释说有人曾经上船
and your explanation is that somebody must have come aboard the Morning Star.
对
That's right.
来看看各种可能性吧
Well, let's consider all the possibilities.
可能是一群海盗, 或外星人 外星人杀了你的丈夫吗?
Maybe a band of pirates. Or aliens. Did aliens murder your husband?
不, 外星人不是你丈夫 的保险金受益人
No, aliens weren't beneficiaries in your husband's life insurance.
反对! 检控官… -反对无效
Objection. Your honor, the prosecutor... - Overruled.
我说出了事实
I told you what happened.
你说你睡着了
Yes you did. You told us that you were asleep.
是的.
Yes.
可能你梦游的时候把他刺死吧
Maybe you were sleep walking when you stabbed your husband to death.
这不是结案陈词吧?
Objection! Please! Miss Honeywell's not questioning the witness,
我撤回这话
or making a closing argument. -Withdrawn!
我没杀死我的丈夫, 我爱他!
I didn't kill my husband. I loved my husband.
我没杀我的丈夫!
I did not kill my husband!
你们得相信我
You have to believe me.
对不起, 莉比
I'm sorry, Libby.
错不在你
It's not your fault, Bobby.
我想要求你一件事
I want to ask you something, Angie.
我想你收养我的儿子
I'd like you to adopt my son.
我不可以那样做 -我已经想清楚
Oh no, Libby, I can't do that. Not to you. - I've thought it through.
我父母家太难熬了 我不能把他放在那里
I barely survived my parents' house. I'm not going to put him there.
金钱不成问题, 那二百万
Money won't be a problem because there's the 2 million dollars from
会转入他名下的基金
the life insurance and it's going into a trust fund in his name.
不是钱的问题 -我知道
It isn't about money. - I know.
马迪很爱你
Matty loves you.
我们不可以让政♥府♥处置他
We can't let him become a ward of the State.
谢谢
Thank you.
小伙子, 来看我
Hey kiddo, come see me.
你要跟安琪阿姨住一会儿
You're going to stay with Angie for a while. Ok, kiddo? -Ok.
你们会玩得很愉快
And you're going to have lots of fun.
我知道你会很乖
And I know you're going to be a good boy.
是的, 妈妈
Yes, Mommy.
这件事一过后
As soon as all this is over,
我们就会在一起
we'll be together again.
我向你保证
That's a promise, kiddo.
我爱你
I love you.
我也爱你
I love you too.
看谁来了? -韦德比岛来的富婆
Who's this? - Rich bitch from Whidbey lsland.
她熬不住的 -你说多久? 一年?
She ain't gonna make it. - What do you think? A year?
打赌五盒烟她六个月内就自杀
Five cartons says she offs herself inside of six months.
别烦着我
Get away from me.
轻松一点, 我们是朋友
Hey, take it easy! We yo' new best friends.
听说你干掉了丈夫 他大概死有余辜
Heard you did your husband. He probably deserved it.
我的就是
Mine did.
我知道来这里很麻烦 -我教了他唱字母歌♥
I know what a pain it is to get here. - I taught him how to say the ABC's.
真的吗? - 是的.
Is that true? - Yes.
你学了字母歌♥吗? 告诉我吧
Did you learn the alphabet, sweetie? Can you tell me?
现在我懂ABC了
Now I know my ABC's
下一次陪我一起唱吧
next time won't you sing with me
算了吧! 挂线! -挂线, 婊♥子♥
Give it up. Come on. - Get off that phone, bitch.
你不够香烟了, 要找朋友吗?
Ooo, you're low on cigarettes. D'ya wanna make any friends?
就快买♥♥
I advise you buy another pack fast.
你这种性格, 实在很难相处
On account of your personality it ain't the best I've ever seen.
你想找带着你儿子的朋友?
I hear you're trying to reach your friend, the one with your boy?
我找不到他们, 他们失踪了
Yeah, I can't find him. He disappeared.
若人那么容易消失 我可不在了
Oh hon, if you could disappear that easy, believe me, I wouldn't be here right now.
我也是
Me either.
动脑筋想想吧
Think! Use your head.
总有方法找着他的
There's got to be a way to track him down.
小弗赖学校校务处 -我是高安琪
Small Frye School. Front office. - Hello, this is Angela Green calling.
安琪, 你好, 我是珍妮
Angie, it's Jennifer.
好久不见了
Yes, hi! How are you? Yes, it's nice to hear your voice.
这样的, 我好久没收到 离职金了
Listen, I haven't got a severance check in a while,
不知道地址、电♥话♥正确否?
and I was hoping that I could verify with you
不知道地址、电♥话♥正确否?
that you have my correct mailing address and phone number?
我查查看, 请稍等 -好的, 谢谢
Sure, I'll check. Can you hold on a sec? - Yes, of course. Thank you.
有了…看这个对不对…
Yeah, I have it right here. Now tell me if this is right.
美逊街3321号♥ 三藩市94105
3321 Mason Street, San Francisco 94105.
电♥话♥号♥码是415…
And the phone number is 415...
安琪?
Hello? - Angie? Angie!
莉比, 我曾经想联络你
Libby, I've...I've tried to call you a thousand times.
马迪没事吧? 他在哪?
Is Matty okay? Where is he?
一切都很好 -你去三藩市干嘛?
Everything is fine. - What are you doing in San Francisco?
叫他来听 -你为什么这样?
Put him on the phone. - Hey, why are you acting this way?
你失踪了! 我一个月 没见过我的儿子!
Because, you disappeared! And I haven't seen my son in a month!
我正想找你 -胡说!
I was just about to call you. - Oh, bullshit!
你怎可以偷偷搬走? -我们准备下周来看你
How can you move and not tell me, Angie? - We were coming to see you next week.
叫马迪来听
Just put Matty on the phone.
马迪, 是妈妈, 来打个招呼
Matty, it's Mommy. Come say "hi".
妈妈! -你好, 乖孩子
Hi, Mommy. - Hello, sweetie-pie.
你好吗, 马迪?
Oh, how are you, Matty?
我时常想着你, 我很挂念你
I think about you all the time. Honey, I miss you so much.
你没事吧?
Are you doing okay, kiddo?
我爱你
I love you.
我知道难为了你
Listen, Matty, I know that this has been really hard,
但安琪下周会带你来见我
but Angie's going to bring you up to see me next week, ok?
好的…爸爸!
Yes, Mommy... Daddy!
尼克?
Nick??
尼克?
Nick !!!
他昨晚还在三藩市
He was in San Francisco last night. I had a phone number,
现在电♥话♥已被取消
but it's already been disconnected.
我没有他下一个地址, 他跑了
No, I don't have a forwarding address. He's gone.
你们没有调查员吗?
Well, don't you have investigators? Doesn't your company want
你们不想取回二百万吗?
to get it's 2 million dollars back?
为什么不听我说? 我是无辜的
Why aren't you listening to me?! I am innocent!!
我们都是
...Yeah, you are!... ...We're ALL innocent!...
加几分力搅吧 无人想吃焦了的木薯糊
Put some elbow grease behind that stirring, nobody wants to eat any burnt tapioca.