那么,就这样吧。
Ah, that is some good stuff.
啊,真是好东西。
You got that right.
你说的没错。
That girl Jubilee ripe for the picking.
那个叫朱比莉的女孩已经成熟了。
There will be none of that, Walter.
不会有这种事的,沃尔特。
I don't want you muddying up these waters
我不希望,因为你想要标记自己的地盘,
with your obsessive desire to mark your spot.
而把这滩水搅浑。
This gonna be my spot.
这是我的地盘。
I might just throw in the towel.
我可能要认输了。
Retire, let those fine wenches take care of me.
退休吧,让那些漂亮的姑娘们来照顾我。
Retire, you?
你要退休?
That's the wine talkin', boss.
老板,你这是醉话吧。
No, I've had an entire lifetime
不是,我这一辈子都在
of managing the world order.
维持世界秩序。
I wanna just
我只是想
float.
漂浮。
Ain't gonna be no floatin' around here.
我不会在这附近漂浮的。
That Jubilee already taking bets about me doing some roof.
那个朱比莉已经在和我打赌,用以修她们的屋顶了。
Know what I'm saying?
想知道我怎么说吗?
There's gonna be no retiring.
我不会退休的。
"All good men
“所有的好人
should come to the aid
都应该来帮忙
of their country."
为了他们的国家。”
- Oh, God, what's the time? - 7:30.
-噢,上帝,几点了? -7:30.
- What--what you doing? - You know, out of 60 ads,
- 你...你在做什么? -你知道吗,60个招聘广♥告♥里,
there's only eight for women, and only one of those
只有8个是给女性的,而其中只有一个
barely applies to me.
几乎不适合我。
What they payin', babe?
他们付的报酬怎么样?宝贝。
Pay dependent on skills.
报酬与技能挂钩。
The plant person at Sea Graves Trucking...
格拉福斯海鲜货运公♥司♥正在招人...
Hello.
你好。
I'm Grace Gordon, I'm here for the job
我是格蕾丝·戈登,我是来应聘
of girl Friday.
女秘书的工作的。
Here, fill this out.
给,把这张表填完。
Over there with them others.
和其他人一起在那边等。
Do you have a pencil?
你有铅笔吗?
Thank you.
谢谢。
Yeah, you better get out here.
是啊,你最好给我出来。
My office is fillin' up.
我的办公室快满了。
Y'all here for the job?
你们都是来应聘的?
Yes.
是的。
My husband's been out of work for a few months now.
我丈夫已经失业好几个月了。
We got two kids, and...
我们有两个孩子,而且...
we're staying with his sister's family.
我们和她姐姐一家住在一起。
I gotta get out of there before they drive me crazy.
我得在他们一家把我逼疯之前,离开那里。
My mother can't work no more.
我妈妈不能再工作了。
I'm supportin' us both.
我得支撑我们两人的生活。
What you here for?
你来这里做什么?
Extra spending money?
为了额外的零花钱吗?
No.
不是。
I'm also here for my family.
我也是为了家庭才出来的。
Okay, what we got here?
好了,这是什么?
All right, uh, May Jones.
好吧,呃,梅.琼斯。
Yes, sir, I'm May Jones.
是的,先生,我是梅.琼斯。
Can you type, honey?
你能打字吗?宝贝。
Yes, sir,
是的,先生,
a little.
会一点儿。
But, if you hire me,
但如果你雇了我,
I bet I can do just about anything you ask me to do.
我敢说,你让我做什么,我都能做到。
Ooh, that's the kind of answer I like to hear.
喔,我就喜欢听到这种回答。
All right, uh,
好吧,呃,
Nell Brown.
内尔.布朗。
Mm.
嗯。
Uh, see here you got experience.
呃,看来你是有经验的。
Type 100 words a minute?
一分钟能打100个单词吗?
Yes, sir, I take shorthand, sir,
是的,先生,我还会速记,先生,
and if you need, sir, do your accountant work,
如果你需要,先生,我也会为你做
too, sir.
会计工作,先生。
Hm.
嗯。
And you.
还有你。
Grace Gordon.
格蕾丝.戈登。
- Yes, sir, that's right.- You graduated
-是的,先生,没错。 -你毕业于
from Hollins College
霍灵斯学院,
with a degree in... 19th century poetry?
还有...十九世纪诗歌♥学士学位?
- Yes, and I also have-- - Married?
-是的,我还有... -结婚了?
- Divorced. - Hm.
-离婚了。 -嗯。
And I also type, not as quickly as these ladies,
我还会打字,虽然没有这些女士们打字快,
but if I'm given the job, I can certainly help this place
但如果我能得到这份工作,我肯定能让这地方
look less like a--
看起来不那么像个...
like a truck stop.
卡车转运站。
As the adage goes,
正如谚语所说,
"A man is judged by his appearance,"
“通过一个人的外表可以判断他,”
and I can certainly help with that.
而我当然可以帮你做到这点。
Hm, divorced?
嗯,离婚了?
Okay, let's have a quick turn around, girls.
好了,我们快转身吧,姑娘们。
All right, lift skirts a little bit.
好了,把裙子撩起来一点。
Are we applying for the chorus line
我们是申请合唱团
or a secretarial job?
还是秘书的工作?
Everything must be appealing,didn't ya say?
一切都要有吸引力,这不是你说的吗?
Let's go in the back,honey, come on,
我们到后面谈吧,宝贝,过来,
let's go know each other a little bit better.
让我们互相都了解一下。
Oh!
噢!
Well.
那么。
I guess the interview is over.
我想这次面试就结束了。
Yeah, I think he got all he needed to know.
是的,我想他应该知道,他需要什么样的人了。
I'm too ugly,
我太丑了,
and you're too bossy.
而你又太专横了。
This is The Secret Storm,
这是《秘密风暴》,
brought to you by Dristan.
是由特立通药业赞助的。
The measure of our leadership is in rebuilt inventories,
我们领导力的措施是重建库存,
increased production all along the line.
在各地提高生产水平。
The measure of our leadership
我们领导力的措施
is the measure of the future.
就是未来的措施。
When'd you get this?
你什么时候收到的?
Brought it in a few days ago.
几天前被送来的。
Mrs. Grace Gordon
格蕾丝·戈登夫人
came in proud as you please.
骄傲地走了进来。
That belonged to her grandmother.
那是她祖母的。
- Hm. - Can you just imagine
-嗯。 -你能想象出
all those society evenings?
那些社交晚会吗?
- That's fancy. - Well, did you know
-那是幻想, -你知道吗?
she lived in Paris, France, for a while?
她在法国巴黎呆过一阵子?
Hm.
嗯。
She must be hard up for money.
她一定是缺钱了。
It's the same car,
又是那辆汽车,
the one with the New York plates.
纽约牌照的那个。
I'm tellin' ya, something is goin' on.
我跟你们说,有事情要发生了。
Sure, George.
当然了,乔治。
Probably Time magazine come all the way down here
也许《时代》杂♥志♥专程来报道
to report on paint drying.
油漆干燥的情况。
- Where? - Right there, the black sedan.
-在哪儿? -就在那里,那辆黑色轿车。
- That one right there? - Right there.
-那边的那辆? -就在那儿。
- Hello. - Oh!
-你好。 -噢!
Well, look at you,fresh as a daisy.
看看你,像雏菊一样清新。
We were just talkin' about your valuables.
我们刚才还在说你的贵重物品。
Oh, was anything sold?
哦,有什么东西卖♥♥出去了吗?
Well, no, not yet.
还没有。
All right, well.
好吧。
Whoops, better get back to work.
哎呀,最好回去工作。
I am in need of a little more money
我需要一点钱来
for something special I'm working on,
电影精选列表