弄脏了我的口袋。
Best kitchen in 20 miles-- let's get rolling
20英里外就有一家好馆子...快走,
before another constituent feels the need to chew my ass.
我不想让我的选民们再烦我了。
All right, Walter.
再见,沃尔特。
All right now.
走好。
I look terrible in black.
我穿黑衣很难看。
I mean, why wear black to funerals?
我是说,为什么要穿黑色去参加葬礼?
Why not red to celebrate?
为什么不用红色来庆祝呢?
Daddy's life should be celebrated.
我爹的一生是值得庆祝的。
Sure should, baby, sure should.
当然值得,宝贝,当然值得。
Now, get on out of this dress.
现在,把这衣服脱了。
You know what I heard them say?
你知道我听别人怎么说吗?
Narrow-minded little ninnies.
思想狭隘的小傻子。
- What'd they say? - They said that I was
-他们说了什么? -他们说,我就是
a spoiled,
一个被惯坏了的,
middle-aged
中年的
divorc茅e,
还离婚的,
and good for nothing.
而且一无是处的女人。
Ugh, oh, and useless.
啊,噢,而且还没用。
- That's what they said.- Don't you mind
-他们是这么说的。-别介意
what they sayin','cause you know who you are.
他们说的,你只要认清自己就行。
No, maybe I don't.
不,也许我还不能。
I know I've been...
我自从...
a good man's daughter,and two not-so-good men's wife,
成为一个好男人的女儿,和两任不怎么好的男人的妻子,
but--I mean, otherwise,am I useless?
但是...我想说,这就说明我无用吗?
No, baby, don't fix your mind thinking that.
不,宝贝,别这么想。
Our God has a plan.
老天自有安排。
I wish I had your faith, Mattie.
我希望和你一样有信仰,玛蒂。
Well, it don't matter if you do or you don't,
不管你有没有信仰,
He's still looking out for you.
上帝始终会眷顾你的。
Ugh.
唉。
- Thank you. - You're welcome, precious.
—谢谢。 -不用客气,宝贝。
逾期通知单
三县水务处
- Ooh, here we go. - Where?
-哦,我们这就去。 —去哪里?
Mm, mm, mm.
嗯,嗯,嗯。
- First, if you don't mind.- Good morning.
-首先,如果你不介意的话。 —早上好。
Hello.
你好。
- Uh, Dad, the-- - Well, who are they...
-呃,爸爸,那个... -那么,他们是谁...?
and what can they be talking about?
他们能聊些什么呢?
New York? Dick, come look.
纽约吗?迪克,来看一眼。
I'm watching The Secret Storm.
我正在看《秘密风暴》。
Those TV airwaves are gonna scramble your brain.
那些电视的电波会扰乱你的大脑的。
Ugh, who cares?
啊,谁会介意?
Gonna go around with a scrambled brain?
你要带着一个混乱的大脑到处走吗?
Well, sounds pretty good to me.
我听起来似乎不错。
And that's on your account.
那是算在你头上的。。
It's on account of a man like you took an interest in me,
多亏了你这样的人对我感兴趣,
and I wanna say thanks.
我想说声谢谢。
Well, I'm glad things are going well, Kate.
我很高兴事情进展顺利,凯特。
Well, they seem to be,
好像是,
I report for modeling assignments tomorrow.
我被通知,明天分配我要去做模特。
Ma'am, your meter has expired,
夫人,你那里的停车收费器失灵了,
and the new meter maid is unforgiving.
新来的女交♥警♥可是不好说话的。
Thank you.
谢谢你。
Have a good day.
祝你一天好运。
Yes, ma'am, may I help you?
好的,夫人,我能帮你什么吗?
I need to have a few words with someone about my accounts.
我需要和找人,谈谈我的账目。
- Mr. Lotts. - Mr. Lotts, yes.
-洛特斯先生。 -是的,洛特斯先生。
众议院成立《人♥权♥法提案》管理委员会
Can you tell him that I'm waiting?
你能告诉他,我在等他吗?
Yes, ma'am, have a seat,we'll be with you in a moment.
好的,女士,请坐,我们马上就来。
I'm finished with this one,if you want it.
这个我读完了,如果你想要的话。
It's mostly about Liz Taylor and her affair
主要是关于伊丽莎白·泰勒和那个威尔士男人理查德.伯顿
with that Welshman.
婚外情的故事。
Even a big movie star has trouble with her men.
即使是大电影明星,也会和她的男人闹矛盾。
Well, I guess you get what you settle for.
看来你得到你想要的了。
Yes, ma'am, I guess you do.
是的,女士,我想是的。
Well, if we're gonna talk about men,
如果我们要谈论男人,
I should introduce myself.
我应该介绍一下我自己。
- Grace Gordon.- I'm Ruth,
-格蕾丝.戈登。 -我是露丝,
and this is my girl, Angelina.
这是我的女儿,安吉丽娜。
Well, that's a very pretty dress, Angelina.
这裙子真漂亮,安吉丽娜。
- Thanks. - So fancy.
-谢谢。 -多时髦啊。
God!
天呐!
I told you not to bother me this morning, I am busy.
我告诉过你,今天早上不要来烦我,我很忙。
Well, the office is filling up.
办公室的人都快满了。
One woman looks like a real tart,
有个女人看起来真的很贱,
and she's got a child with her.
还带了个孩子。
The way that child is clutching a paper sack,
看那个孩子抓着一个纸袋的样子,
I think it's full of money.
我想那里面装满了钱。
And Mrs. Gordon is here.
还有,戈登夫人也来了。
Oh!
哦!
So, today is not going to be a complete bore.
所以,今天不会是一个很无聊的日子。
She said she's here to give you a few words.
她说,她是来跟你说几句话的。
Oh, she is, is she?
哦,是吗?
Well, I have a few words for her as well.
那我也想和她说几句话。
In, um--in 10 minutes,I want you to come interrupt us.
十分钟后,我要你过来打断我们。
And is your dolly a good girl?
你的洋娃娃乖吗?
- Mhm.- Um, uh, Mrs. Gordon.
-嗯。 -嗯,呃,戈登夫人。
- Please, please, come in. - Well, these ladies
-请进,请进。 -这些女士排在
- were before me. - I--I insist, please.
-我的前面。 -次序由我...我来定。
That's all right, ma'am,we'll just sit here
没关系,女士,我们就坐在这里享受
in the cool air.
凉爽的空气。
- Sure? - Yeah.
-没事? 是的。
- It was very nice to meet you. - Nice to meet you.
-很高兴认识你。 -很高兴见到你。
What are you doing here?
你们在这儿做什么?
I wanna put my money in a safe place,
我想把钱放在安全的地方,
and the paper says you're giving out toasters
报纸上说你们要给新储户
- to new depositors.- The bank doesn't take
-发烤面包机。-这家银行不收
your kind of money.
你的那种钱。
My money's green,like everyone else's,
我的钱和大家的一样,是干净的,
and I earned it, the hard way,
是我辛苦挣来的,
and who knows it better than you?
这钱不比你更干净吗?
Come on, let's go.
走吧,我们走。
Please, have a--seat.
请坐。
Um, you know, I--I have called.
你知道,我...我打过电♥话♥。
I've, uh--I've left several messages with--
我已经,呃...我已经给你留了好几次留言...
Yes, it seems like there's been a breakdown,
是的,看起来好像出故障了,
and had it not been for
要不是有远近闻名的玛蒂
a stack of Mattie's famous sweet potato pancakes,
做的一手好吃的红薯煎饼,
our water would've been turned off.
我们家的自来水也要被断了。
Well, uh, Mrs. Gordon,
那么,呃,戈登夫人,
let's, uh--let's best see how to describe this breakdown.
让我们,呃...让我们来看看,该怎么形容这种故障。
The bank pays bills with money from a customer's account--
银行是用客户账户里的钱为客户买♥♥单...
Yes, I know that.
是的,我懂。
I have to go to lunch,so if you could just
我得去吃午饭了,所以你能不能
deal with these quickly,and move them forward.
快点处理,把问题提前搞完。
We don't really like disturbances.
我们都不喜欢被烦扰。
No, no, most--
不,不,大多数...
most people do not like disturbances,
大多数人都不想被烦扰,
but, uh, you've got one now.
但是,呃,你现在就有烦扰了。
You see, there is no money in the account.
你要知道,在你的账户里,已经没钱了。
I don't understand, where was the money put?
我不明白,那钱去哪里了?
Well, your father transferred a great deal of what he had
这么多年来,你父亲把他的大部分财产
to you over the years,
转让给了你,
and sold off land along the way
同时还变卖♥♥了土地来
to, uh, keep you up in your adventures,
用以,呃,供你继续冒险,
oh, and--and marriages.
还有...还有你的婚姻。
Been two, right?
已经有两次了,对吧?
So, the account is dry as a bone.
这个账户已经是所剩无几了。
Now, the house and what land is left are yours,
现在,那房♥子和剩下的土地都归你了,
电影精选列表