but, uh,the mortgage is overdue,
但是,抵押贷款的还款期已经过了,
and you'll have to sell.
你将不得不卖♥♥了它们。
Sell?
卖♥♥了?
That house has been in our family for generations.
那所房♥子可是我家世代的祖屋。
Times change, and besides,farmland really isn't
时过境迁了,再说农地真的在当今
worth much these days.
值不了几个钱。
Mattie and Abel,they've been on that land
玛蒂和阿贝尔,他们在那片土地上
all their lives.
生活了一辈子。
Mattie's granddaughter's with us, and she has
玛蒂的孙女和我们在一起,
no place to go.
她没地方可去。
I have no place to go.
我也没有地方可去。
No, I wouldn't dream of selling.
不,就算是在梦里,我也不想卖♥♥了它。
Well, unless you've been stashing money away somewhere.
除非你把钱藏在什么地方了。
But, look,
但是,听着,
once you've paid off your debts,
一旦你还清了你的债务,
I mean,if you don't live too long,
我是说,如果你活得不长,
you'll make do.
你就会凑合着过。
Merner Courts would be your best bet in town.
默纳县法♥院♥是你最好的选择。
Merner Courts?
默纳县法♥院♥?
That's a retirement home.
那是一家养老院。
Mr. Lotts, you have a call,someone important I think.
洛特斯先生,有你的电♥话♥,我想是很重要的人打来的。
Well, you've gotta do something, extend the loan.
你得做点什么,延长贷款期限。
Well, the, uh--the bank only makes loans to men,
那,银...银行只贷款给男人,
and anyway, I really don't think you'd be a good bet.
而且,我真的觉得你不是个好的人选。
I mean, you're 40, am I right?
你都40岁了,对吧?
That is none of your business.
那不关你的事。
Okay, well, near enough.
好吧,差不多了。
Uh, no skills,
呃,还没有一技之长。
no money, no man.
没有钱,没有丈夫。
I, uh--I think at this point in you life, missy,
我...我从你的生活中的这些缺点来看,女士,
you need to face facts:
你需要面对现实:
You are retired.
你该退休了。
How dare you?
你太放肆了!
What's the matter, baby?
发生了什么?宝贝。
We're broke.
我们破产了。
Tightening-our-belts broke,or fending-off-the-wolves broke?
是裤腰带断了,还是防狼围栏破了?
- Wolves. - Mm, mm, mm.
-狼来了。 -嗯,嗯,嗯。
And that scrawny little banker,he said there's
那个瘦小的银行经理,他说
nothing I can do about it, so there it is again, I'm...
我对此无能为力,所以又来了,我真...
I'm useless.
我太没用了。
Now, you know you ain't useless.
现在,你要知道,你不是无用的。
Well, what can she do?
那她能做什么呢?
Well, just get another one.
那就再找一个。
- Another what? - Man!
-再找个啥? -男人!
I don't want another one!
我再也不想找了!
That's our only option.
这是我们唯一的选择。
Well, what about the Congressman?
那,那个众议员怎么样?
Now, that is a good man, and, baby, you remember
现在,他是个好人,而且,宝贝,你还记得吗?
you was flirtin' with him when you was too young
当你小的时候,连什么是调情都不知道的时候,
to be flirtin'.
就已经和他调情了。
And he got that government money.
而且他还得到了政♥府♥的钱。
That kind don't ever run out.
这种钱永远都用不完。
Ugh, yeah, and he's a confirmed bachelor.
是啊,他还是个坚定的单身汉。
Oh, God, I'll have to brush upon my skills.
哦,上帝啊,我得温习一下我的技能了。
Jubilee, go get the judge's address book.
朱比莉,去拿法官大人的通讯录。
So, you're what, you're gonna choose one from a book?
所以,你要从通讯录里选一个吗?
No, too old.
不行,太老了。
- Or dead. - Uh-uh.
-也许死了。 -哈...哈。
He spits when he speaks.
他一说话时吐沫星四溅。
- Mr. Parker, no. - No.
-帕克先生,不行。 -不行。
We both agree that 14,000 miles of interstate highway
我们都认为,一万四千英里的州际高速公路
is an incredible feat.
是一项不可思议的壮举。
But, with more funds,
但是,如果有更多的资金,
we could be one nation under God,
我们可以成为上帝庇佑下的一个国家,
connected by asphalt.
由沥青连接在一起。
Yeah, well before you go patting yourself on the back just yet,
是的,就在你们沾沾自喜之前,
the Romans built 50,000 miles of road
古罗马人已经从这个海岸到那个海岸
from sea to shining sea
建了5万英里的道路,
in 300 BC without a single bulldozer.
这可是在公元前300年,那时还没有推土机。
- Really? - And no constituents
-真的? -目前,还没有选民
calling to complain about the cost,
打电♥话♥来抱怨,工程花费太高,
or the dust, or the offensive billboards
或者扬起的尘埃,或者令人讨厌的广♥告♥牌,
blocking their view of their lovely hills.
遮挡了他们观看美丽的山景。
Emanuel Celler, again,
伊曼纽尔.塞勒尔,又来了,
and Alice Paul asking when you might be available to talk.
爱丽丝·保罗问你什么时候有空。
I know, the bill.
我知道了,那个提案。
Damn it, no rest for the weary.
妈的,这真是累死人不偿命。
Thank you, Rachel.
谢谢你,瑞秋。
Listen, you want my support for more funding
听着,你想让我为这条沥青河道
- for this asphalt river? - I do.
-供更多资金吗? -我想的。
No more graft.
别再贪污了。
Clean this thing up,
把这件事处理干净,
and give me more exits.
多给我开几个下高速的出口。
And more fund--
至于,更多的资金的话...
Tell the two of 'em I'll get back to 'em
告诉那两个人,我一有机会
just as soon as I'm able.
就会和他们联♥系♥的。
You are a glutton for punishment.
你是个鞠躬尽瘁的人。
I believe the word is "masochist."
我想是“受虐狂”更贴切。
Here you go, here's your dress and drink.
给你,这是你的衣服和饮料。
I made it strong just the way you like.
我按你喜欢的方式,调得很浓。
- Thank you. - Mhm.
-谢谢你。 -嗯。
- Mm. - Do you still remember
-嗯。 -你还记得约会时
what to do on a date?
该做什么吗?
Yeah, it's like riding a bike,
是的,这就像骑自行车,
and men are only interested in one thing.
而男人们只对做一件事情感兴趣。
Mm, snatch.
女人的阴♥部♥。
No, I was referring to their deeper need.
不,我指的是他们更深层次的需求。
- And what's that? - Well, to talk about themselves,
-是什么? -那就是让他们自己侃侃而谈,
or just a sympathetic ear.
而旁边有人在倾听。
I'm not about to be a sympathetic ear
我可不想成为任何男人的
- for no man. - Oh, really?
-倾听者。 -哦,真的?
So, what are you gonna do, you gonna make it on your own,
那无论你做什么,你都要靠你自己吗?
- Miss Independent? - Yes.
-女强人? -是的。
There I was, thinking you're a realist.
我还以为,你是个现实主义者呢。
Here.
这个。
Why don't you try some,try these on.
你为什么不试试这双,穿上试试。
Let me see you walk.
让我看看,你走路的样子。
- Where am I gonna wear these? - I don't know,
-我在什么场合穿这个呢? -我不知道,
when you go hootin' and hollerin'.
当你想兴奋狂欢时吧。
- Oh no, I am not my mama. - No, you got more sense.
-哦,不,我不是我妈妈。 -不,你穿上更有感觉。
But you gotta go wild sometime,you know, dance with abandon.
但有时你也得狂野一下,尽情地跳舞。
That's how you dance,with abandon?
你就是这样放纵地跳舞吗?
Mm-mm.
嗯-嗯。
I'm not allowed to be that free.
我可没那么自♥由♥。
You know, my first drink that was at the Blue Goose,
你知道吗?我第一次喝酒是在“蓝鹅酒吧”,
Abel waved me in.
是阿贝尔把我摇醒的。
I learned two things that summer:
那年夏天,我学到了两件事:
How to hold my liquor,and how to dance
怎么控制我的喝酒,和怎么
like no one was watching.
旁若无人地跳舞。
Oh, what a good time that was.
那真是一段美好的时光。
Oh, I felt so free.
哦,我感觉好自♥由♥啊。
"But now,I cannot dance upon my toes.
“现在,我不会用脚趾跳舞了。
No man has instructed me."
因为没人来指导我了。”
That's Emily Dickinson.
这是艾米莉.狄金森说的。
Who's she?
她是谁?
Just another woman who had to dance backwards.
只是另一个,不得不背对别人跳舞的女人。
Right, I'm about to
好了,我准备好了
sell myself like a pound of meat.
像卖♥♥肉一样出♥卖♥♥♥我自己。
Hm?
嗯?
Yeah, I think I can sell myself as prime.
是的,我想我会很好推销自己的。
电影精选列表