Don.
嘿,是我
Hey, it's me.
我知道
I see that.
嘿,这儿看上去挺孤寂的
It's kind of lonely in here, man.
你不介意吧?
Do you mind?
雪莉在回来的路上?不
Is Sherry coming home? No.
她离开了
She left.
“她离开了”是什么意思? 她去旅行了?
What do you mean, "She left"? She went on a trip?
不,我的意思是,她离开我了
No. I mean, she left.
我很抱歉
Sorry, man.
是,我也为此抱歉,我想.
Yeah, me too. I think.
嗯,但你知道雪莉,她也许还未亮出底牌,不是吗?她可能还不至于这样吧?
Well, but knowing Sherry, she probably hasn't played her last card yet. Right?
也许吧
Probably not.
不管怎样,你从不为找不到有趣的女人而烦恼
Anyway, you've never had trouble finding interesting females.
我的意思是,呃,不过,你一直以来的生活就是这样,是吧?
I mean, uh, that's the way your life has been though. Right?
你和...呃...和唐璜挺相像
You're like, uh- like Don Juan.
温斯顿,请别再那样说了
Winston, please stop saying that.
关于这封信...我在显微镜下仔细查看了这个邮戳
About this letter- I did examine the postmark under my microscope.
这邮戳太模糊了,看不清,但这枚邮票
And it is too faint to read, but the stamp-
这上面是只啄木鸟
it's got on it a woodpecker.
那对你来说意味着什么? 有吗?
What does that mean to you? Anything?
好吧,我想我们应该做的...
Well, what I think we should do...
就是缩小范围
is to narrow down the possibilities.
温斯顿,这可能只是某个人在跟我开玩笑
Winston, this is probably someone playing a joke on me.
假如不是,那么...
If not, then...
随便吧
whatever.
这似乎太不公平了...某个人写了这样一封信...
It seems so unfair- someone to write a letter like this...
然后...然后,却不署名?
and-and-and not sign it?
你就不想知道谁是你儿子的母亲吗?
Don't you want to know who is the mother of your son?
我那假想的儿子?不,温斯顿
My hypothetical son? No, Winston.
我不想知道,行了吧?
I don't, okay?
好的
Okay.
那么我们可以置之不理,可以吗?
Then we can just drop it. We can?
可以的,当然
We can, of course. Okay.
不错,不管这事了
Good. It's dropped.
但你怎么能无视这样的事情?
But then how can you ignore something like this?
你必须把这封信看成一种预示 -预示什么?
You need to treat this as a sign. - What kind of sign?
在此时此刻,
Of the direction of your life.
你生活的方向
Of this present moment.
你需要去解开这个谜团...
You need to solve this mystery...
并找出20年前
and find out which of your women it was that
你的精♥子♥让哪个女人怀孕了
you impregnated with your semen 20 years ago.
温斯顿
Winston.
我刻给你的那张打孔CD呢?
What happened to that groovin'CD I burned for you?
在这,不介意听听吧?
Here it is. Do you mind?
啊,太美了,来自埃塞俄比亚的音乐
Ah, that's nice. Ethiopian sounds.
有益身心
It's good for the heart.
听着,明天上我们家来,呃,一起享用周日的早午餐
Look, come over tomorrow for, uh, Sunday brunch,
呃,到时我们再来好好谈谈我们的调查计划。怎么样?
and, uh, we'll talk a little further about our investigative plan, huh?
那么我把信留在这儿了
So I'll leave that right there.
回去吧,让我一个人静一静
Go home and leave me alone.
好吧,我爱你
Okay, man. I love you too.
我认为你♥爸♥爸的真名是萨姆·斯佩多(Sam Spade,Mike Hammer和Dolemite均为侦探小说中的人物)
I think your father's real name is Sam Spade.
我爸不是萨姆·斯佩多
My father isn't Sam Spade.
不是?你认为他是福尔摩斯?
No? Think he's Sherlock Holmes?
也不是
No.
好吧,我知道他是位著名的侦探麦克·汉默
Well, I know he's one of those famous detectives.
不, 不是麦克·汉默
No, not Mike Hammer.
哦, 我知道了. 他是那个叫多麦特的家伙对吗?
Oh, I know. He's that Dolemite guy. Right?
不,不是多麦特 -不是吗?
No, not Dolemite. - No?
他摔倒了
He's down.
你仔细看清楚了,他也许就是多麦特 -不可能!
Keep your eyes open. He may be Dolemite. - No!
莫娜
Mona,
谢谢你
thank you.
这顿饭太美味了 -不客气,随时欢迎再来
That was so delicious. - You're welcome. Anytime.
真的吗? -是的
Really? - Yes.
几点吃晚餐?
What time's dinner?
你的确是这世上最完美的女人
You are the most perfect woman in the world.
嘿,嘿,让我来告诉你。她是我的
Let me tell you something. That's mine.
快来,快来
Come, come, come.
别抽烟.
No cigarettes.
这就是你食欲好的原因
That's where you get your appetite.
你老婆的厨艺太棒了
Your woman cooks too good.
我想再看看那封粉色的信,快让我看看
I'd like to look at that pink letter again. Let me see it.
昨晚上我把它烧了...用微波炉 -小瑞塔,有什么事吗?
I burned it last night microwave. - Yes,little Rita?
爸爸,你又抽烟了
Papa, you're smoking again.
不不不,这只是种药草,起着一点点的麻痹作用,嗯?
No, no, no. This is just herbs. It's just a little Cheeba.
让我试试
Let me see that.
他没骗你,这不过是一些药草罢了
He's right. It's just cannabis sativa.
知道了吗?就只是一点烟草而已,孩子
You see? Just a little indigo, baby.
因为妈妈说了,“以后不准再抽烟了呢。”
'Cause Mama says, "No more smoking tobacco anymore."
我知道了,我已经戒了,以后不抽了
Yeah, I know. I gave it up.
再也不抽了! -不抽烟了,我保证,好吧?
Never! - Never! No more tobacco. I promise.
好吧
Okay.
来,来,来,让我看看那封神秘的粉色情书
Come, come, come, come. Let me see this mysterious pink letter.
这样吧,你现在要做的就是帮我列个清单
Okay. What you have to do for me is make a list.
一份清单
A list.
我需要知道到底谁有可能是那位母亲
I need the possibilities of who the mother might be.
你给我一份你以前女朋友的名单
You give me a list of all your girlfriends from back then,
然后我来安排一切
and then I can plan everything.
恩,我认为我该回去了,大侦探
Uh, I think I'm going home, Sherlock.
当你看完那封信的时候,就把它给毁了,好吗?
Just destroy that letter when you're through with it, will you?
记得列出名单
Work on that list.
你好,温斯顿?
Hello, Winston?
什么名单?
What list?
没有,还没有想过名单的事
No, haven't even thought about it.
你是用手♥机♥打的吗?
Are you on a cell phone?
是的,我可以进去拿那份清单了吗?
Yeah. Is it okay if I run in and grab that list?
可以,为什么不呢? -好,请等一下
Sure. Why not? - Great. Hold on a second.
还有关于她们现在住处的信息吗?
Any other info on where they might be?
没有了。那是她们以及家人以前住的地方
Not really. That's where they lived or their families lived.
我只记得那么多了 -好的,不错
That's all I can remember. - Good. Cool.
哦,真是对不起 -没关系
Okay. Sorry about that. - It's okay.
这事就全交给我了
Look, man. I'm all over this.
后天我就会把所有事情都准备好的
The day after tomorrow, I'll have everything ready.
在外面把门关上
Knock yourself out.
唐,我的午餐后休息时间都要结束了你才来 -对不起,什么事?
Don, man, my lunch break's almost over. - Sorry. What's up?
你看,根据你列的名单,我得到了所有相关资讯
Look, I got all the info right here, based on your list,
还有整个计划
plus the whole plan.
这里有她们的地址,婚后的姓氏
You got addresses, married names,
还有几个人的工作情况
in some cases even their jobs.
但是,还有一些不好的消息 -什么?
I've got some sad news though. - What?
是不是有个叫米歇尔·佩佩的女孩?
That girl named Michelle Pepe?
她死于车祸
She died in a car accident...
五年前
five years ago.
我找到了她安葬的地方
I found the name of the cemetery where she-well, where she is.
米歇尔·佩佩?
Little Michelle Pepe?
是的,抱歉
Yeah. I'm sorry.
但是关于其他四个,我得到了她们的所有资讯
But the other four- I got all their info.
你这样,挺让人感动的,温斯顿
Well, that's...very impressive, Winston.
我确实不知道你为什么要帮我做这些。我有必要做这些事吗?
I really don't know why you did all of this. What am I supposed to do about it?
瞧,你的整个行程,都已经计划好了
Look, your whole trip- it's all planned.
预订了房♥间,租好了车,所有你需要的东西
Booked reservations, rental cars. Everything you need.
你所要做的就只是刷一下你的信♥用♥卡♥ -你到底在说些什么?
All you have to do is give them the credit card. - What are you talking about?
你去拜访她们,去她们的住处,看看她们
You go visit them. You go to their houses. You see them.
还要带上花,粉红色的,就当是去报到下
You bring flowers, pink flowers. You're just checking in.
只是报到下而已
Just checking in.
我还给你带了地图,所有你需要的东西
I even got maps. Everything you need.
另外我还给你刻了盘碟,你看?
And I burned you a new CD, see?
那是旅游音乐 -那个我会带上的
That's traveling music. - That I'll take.
只要咖啡就好,艾维斯,谢谢