读第一遍的时候有什么感想
And what did you think of it on the first read?
请新来的这位 斯考特先生 回答
Let's hear from our newcomer, Mr. Scott.
《傲慢与偏见》
Pride and Prejudice...
伊丽莎白·贝内特需要冷静
Elizabeth Bennett needs to chill.
她配不上达西
She gave Darcy a way worse time than he deserved.
你是说 达西并不爱伊丽莎白
Are you saying that Darcy was not in love with Elizabeth?
爱情只是一场交易
Love is just a transaction...
我们都是被欲望支配的生物
we're all hardwired to desire.
我们把这种欲望表现得淋漓尽致
We present the correct set of desirable traits and boom...
我们很好地操控着欲望
we can turn it on and we can turn it off.
泰莎女士 还是小姐
Yes. Ms. Young? Tessa?
我认为这是我读过的最具革命性的
I think that it was the most revolutionary feminist novel...
女权主义小说 那个时代的女人
that I've ever read, that a woman of that era would have...
受到不公待遇就应该勇敢拒绝达西
the strength to reject Darcy when he treated her poorly.
一派胡言
That's a load.
正是达西的态度吸引了 伊丽莎白
It was Darcy's very attitude that attracted Elizabeth to him.
达西的态度粗鲁且傲慢
Darcy's attitude was rude and mocking.
我认为他该庆幸能和一个女人
I think that he was lucky to be with a woman...
正义如伊丽莎白的女人在一起
with as much integrity as Elizabeth.
他向她求婚的唯一理由
The only reason he even asked her to marry him...
是因为她一直在投怀送抱
was 'cause she wouldn't stop throwing herself...
向她投怀送抱 他在追求她
Throwing herself at him? He was pursuing her.
她显然对自己的生活不满意
She's clearly not satisfied with her life...
所以一直在寻求刺♥激♥
and is looking for excitement wherever she can get it.
我认为这都是他自作多情
Well, I think that it's obviously all in his head...
以为她对他有感觉
that she had any feelings for him at all.
你赢了
Well, there you have it.
这就是一本好书的魅力
That's the power of a good book.
太刺♥激♥了
That was exciting.
才不是 这很无聊
No, it was annoying.
我很享受
I enjoyed it.
听着 不管你怎么想 也别想
Look, whatever you're thinking, don't.
我们之间什么也没有 我有男朋友
Nothing happened between us. Okay? I have a boyfriend.
我们 我以为我们在聊《傲慢与偏见》
Us... I thought we were talking about Pride and Prejudice.
去喝杯咖啡如何
Hey, do you want to go get some coffee?
怎么会有这么傲慢的人
How can someone be so arrogant?
伊丽莎白·贝内特需要冷静
"Elizabeth Bennett needs to chill."
谁会这么说
Like who even... who even says that?
哈丁就是这样
That's just Hardin being Hardin.
你认识他
You know him?
是 我们 其实是亲戚
Yeah, we're, uh, we're practically related.
我妈妈在和斯考特校长谈恋爱
My mom is dating Chancellor Scott.
斯考特校长是哈丁的爸爸
Chancellor Scott is Hardin's dad...
哈丁和我 我们做不到接纳对方
and Hardin and I, we tolerate each other, but barely.
他爸爸是校长
His father's the chancellor?
对
Yeah.
泰莎 他只是想得到回应
Listen, Tessa, he's just trying to get a reaction.
我不会给他任何回应
Well, he's not gonna get one from me.
真痛
It actually does hurt.
你也来一个
You should get one.
我妈会杀了我
My mom would literally kill me.
你需要这个
You need to get this.
我敢打赌你喜欢这个
I bet you'd love that one.
是的 骰子
Yeah, dice...
我觉得我妈妈为我安排了一切
I feel like my mom has everything planned out for me.
比如 从我和诺亚五岁开始
Like, I think she's been planning my wedding
就计划我们的婚礼
to Noah since we were five.
诺亚是你唯一约会过的男人吗
Wait, is Noah the only dude you've ever gone out with?
太惨了
That's sad.
小心
Watch it.
你们这样还想劝我也纹一个
Yeah, you guys really aren't selling me on this.
嘘 你今晚真棒
Ssh! You look so good tonight.
嘘
Shh!
小杯咖啡 谢谢
Can I get a small coffee, please?
请慢用
Here you go.
谢谢
Yeah, thanks.
在哪都能碰到你
I can't stay away from you.
什么
What?
我们会经常见面
Well, we're gonna see each other.
我是斯蒂芙的朋友 你是她的室友
I'm friends with Steph and you're roommates.
泰莎 让我们重新开始 我们可以
Tessa, let's just start over, just reset and we can be...
什么 朋友
What... friends?
为什么不呢
Why not?
给你看样东西
I want to show you something.
看看
So show me then.
是 是一个地方
It's a... it's a place.
我们最好保持一点距离
I think that it's better if we keep our distance.
回头见
I'll see you around.
在这边 来吧
It's down this way. Come on.
欢迎来到我的秘密基地
Welcome to my favorite place.
好美
It's beautiful.
要不要游泳
How about a swim?
你要做什么
What are... what are you doing?
我要游泳
I'm going swimming.
哈丁
Hardin...
哈丁
Hardin.
下来
Come in.
你可以穿我的衣服
You can wear my t-shirt.
感觉太棒了
It feels amazing.
我要换衣服了
A little privacy, please?
好了
Okay.
怎么了
What?
你穿着它更好看
I like it better on you.
我能问你点事吗
Can I ask you something?
我有选择的余地吗
Do I even have a choice?
这个世界上你最爱谁
Who do you love the most in the world?
简单 我自己啊
Easy... myself.
当然是你自己了
Of course, you do.
你男朋友叫什么名字
What's your boyfriend's name?
他叫诺亚
It's Noah.
诺亚 他来吗
Noah... does he go here?
他在上高中
He's in high school.
高中
High school?
一个高中的小孩怎么能配得上你呢
And what does a high school kid do to deserve you?
他对我很好
He is nice to me.
很好
Nice?
那难道不是无聊的另一种说法吗
Isn't that just another word for boring?
也不一定啊
Not always.
我能给你看点东西吗
Can I show you something?
屏住呼吸
Hold your breath.
安静 这很平静
Silence... it's peaceful.
你觉得很奇怪吗
You think that's weird?
不 一点也不
No... not at all.
我还以为你只是想交朋友
I thought that you just wanted to be friends.
我不觉得我们会仅仅成为朋友
I don't think we can ever be just friends.
以前从来没人摸过你吗
Have you never been touched before?
你为什么停了
Why'd you stop?
我们还有时间
We've got time.
所以为什么你们管它们叫 炸土豆条
So, why do you call them "chips"?
你们为什么管它们叫 炸薯条
Why do you call them "fries"?
因为他们是油炸的啊
Because they're fried.
它们又不是法国的
They're not French.
你那还有那么多呢
You've got plenty there.
嘿 我点的是不要番茄酱的
Hey, uh, I ordered mine without ketchup.
哦是的 我马上回来
Oh, right, I'll be right back.
谢谢
Thank you.
不要番茄酱吗 那太不美国了
No ketchup? That's very un-American.
我可是惊喜连连哦
I'm full of surprises.
那么 能聊聊你吗
So... what's your story then?
聊聊我
My story?