剧集 | 是,大臣(1980) | 导航列表
比利时海滩度周末
...long weekends at Knocke-le-Zoute...
我们去看看吧? 好啊
We should go over and have a look. Why not?
偶尔失败一下也不错
Sometimes we deserve a bit of failure.
内阁要改组 先生?
Going to be a reshuffle, sir?
对 从旗帜报上看来的吧
Yes, I suppose you saw that in the Standard.
对 先生 我也是
Yes, sir. So did I, actually.
当然 我几个星期前就听说了 先生
I first heard it a couple of weeks ago, sir.
是吗? 是 先生
Did you? Yes, sir.
其实我也是 听说什么?
So did I, really. Where did you hear it?
司机都知道了 怎么知道的?
All the drivers knew. How?
听首相的司机说的
From the PM's driver.
还有内阁秘书的司机 哦 对
The Cabinet Secretary's driver. Oh, yes.
还听说什么? 就是那些
What else did they hear? Just the usual.
科贝要提拔了 首相不能再忽略他
Corbett's in line for promotion, PM can't overlook him.
显然 老弗雷德...抱歉 是就业大臣
Apparently, old Fred the Employment Secretary, sorry, sir -
他会被明升暗降 踢到上院去
he's going to get kicked upstairs.
他们怎么知道? 他换司机了
How do they know? His driver's been re-assigned.
关于我有什么消息?
What's the gossip about me?
还真没什么消息 先生
Well, nothing really, sir.
没有? 没有
Nothing? No.
我们都说不出个所以然来
We don't know what to make of that.
您有消息吧 先生? 我当然有
You'll know, won't you, sir? Yes, of course.
不过 当局者迷 旁观者清
Sometimes it's difficult to know about oneself.
就是 我到底有多成功...
You, know, just how successful...
你们圈子里...有没有...?
What do your mates say... about...?
都说您干的不错 先生
They all think you've done all right, sir.
伯纳 我有点进退两难 我能帮忙吗 大臣?
I'm in a bit of a quandary. Can I help, Minister?
内阁洗牌的事要下注了
It's this reshuffle that's on the cards.
非常巧妙 大臣
That's very witty, Minister!
对不起 我以为您在讲...请继续
I'm sorry, I thought you were making a... Do please carry on.
更麻烦的是 他们请我去做欧共体专员
To complicate matters, I've been asked to be an EEC Commissioner.
很好啊 好吗 伯纳? 这就是问题
Very nice. Is it nice, Bernard?
伯纳 你跟我说实话
Bernard, tell me, quite frankly...
我在这当大臣 是不是当的不错?
...as Minister here, do you think I've done all right?
是啊大臣 您确实不错
You've done all right.
你看 汉弗莱到处拦我的路
Humphrey's blocked me on so many issues.
从来没有诚心诚意站我这边
He's never really been on my side.
老实说 "不错"其实不算好吧?
To be honest, "all right" isn't really good enough, is it?
这个 它算...不错
Well, it's... all right.
你听到...什么小道消息吗?
Have you... er... heard anything... on the grapevine?
关于您?
About you?
没什么消息 大臣
Nothing really, Minister, no.
只说英国驻欧洲专员发了封电报
Only that the British Commissioner in Europe sent a telegram
给外♥交♥部♥和内阁欧洲委员会
to the FCO and the Cabinet Committee on Europe.
是布鲁塞尔提出请您做专员
The idea for you to be a Commissioner came from Brussels,
但终归得首相任命
but it is a Prime Ministerial appointment.
首相已经跟外♥交♥部♥长和内阁秘书谈过
The PM discussed it with Foreign Secretary and Cabinet Secretary
并且同意他们探探您的口风
and cleared the way for you to be sounded out.
首相府和财政部都相信您会接受
As it's believed at Number 10 and Number 11 that you might accept
还问了内阁里的某人愿不愿接您的班
a colleague has been sounded out about becoming Minister here.
恐怕我知道的就这些
I'm afraid that's all I know.
没别的了?
No more than that?
问谁愿不愿接我的班?
Which colleague has been sounded out to take my place?
伯纳 如果我不去欧洲...
Bernard, if I were not to go to Europe...
不 如果我去...不 如果我不去
No, if I did go... No, if I were not to go to Europe,
我会升还是降?
would I go up or down?
汉弗莱爵士要来开会了 大臣
Time for your meeting with Sir Humphrey, Minister.
喂 好的 什么事?
Yes, fine. What's it about?
去不去文字处理设备大会的事
The visit to the word-processing conference.
文字处理设备大会?
The word-processing conference?
汉弗莱 告诉你个好消息 我改主意了
Humphrey, you'll be pleased to hear that I've changed my mind,
我确实应该去布鲁塞尔
I shall be going to Brussels after all.
您要辞掉行政部的职位?
You're resigning from the Department?!
不不不 我要参加文字处理设备大会
No, I'm talking about this word-processing conference.
这样啊 我还是想去布鲁塞尔转转
I see. I would like to see Brussels.
理由呢? 没理由不去
Why? Why not?
是没理由不去 可理由呢?
Why not, indeed, but why?
我好奇嘛 您是挺好奇的 大臣
I'm a curious person. You certainly are.
我昨天言重了
I've been a little hasty.
你对布鲁塞尔的辩护很有说服力
Your arguments on behalf of Brussels were thoroughly convincing.
大臣 我又回味了一下您的观点
Minister, I've been reflecting on your views,
您对布鲁塞尔的批评非常明智
and I find wisdom in your criticism of Brussels.
您暗示的腐♥败♥和... 不不不
You implied it is corrupt and... No, no, no.
大臣 求您... 不对 汉弗莱
Minister, please... No, Humphrey.
是你说服了我
It is you who have convinced me.
我现在相信 布鲁塞尔都是敬业的官员
I'm now convinced that Brussels is full of dedicated men,
肩负着四处奔波 公♥关♥接待的重担
all bearing a heavy burden of travel and entertainment.
奢侈是工作需要
They need all that luxury.
喝喝小酒
The odd drinky!
鱼子酱 香槟 私人飞机 豪华轿车?
Caviar and champagne, private planes, air-conditioned Mercedes?
这是外交的润滑油
It oils the diplomatic wheels.
伸嘴拱食?
Snouts in the trough.
别说的这么难听 对不起 真不知我跟谁学的
That's not an attractive phrase I can't think where I picked it up
我们都去布鲁塞尔开会 说定了?
We'll all go to this conference, agreed?
大臣 您改主意完全因为我的话? 当然是
Is your change of heart due to my arguments? Of course.
不是因为传说中布鲁塞尔专员的职位?
It's nothing to do with the rumour of your post in Brussels?
汉弗莱 你怎么能这么想
That thought is not worthy of you.
世上还有正直这回事
There is such a thing as integrity.
好的 谢谢
Oh, yes, thank you.
科贝 你不能让科贝这种人...
Corbett! You can't let someone like Corbett...
不能让科贝这种人管我们部
You simply can't let Corbett loose on the department.
这是灭顶之灾 不管你跟他说什么
It'd be disastrous. Everything one says to Corbett
明天一早准上太阳报
appears in the Sun the next morning.
很高兴你还读太阳报 (煽情小报 三版有裸女)
Glad to know you read the Sun.
你一定要制止 阿诺德 我求你
You must stop it, Arnold, I implore you.
我又不是首相
I'm not the Prime Minister.
可实际控制改组的是你吧
It is really you who arranges the reshuffles.
不 如果首相真决定任命谁
No, if there's an appointment the PM is set on,
内阁秘书只能勉为其难地照办
the Cabinet Secretary must reluctantly acquiesce.
大方向上是你掌舵吧
You do keep your hand on the tiller.
如果哈克拒绝欧共体职位
If Hacker decides to turn down Brussels,
科贝就不那么容易去你们部
it would be easier to keep Corbett away from your department.
问题就在这里 他打算接受欧共体职位
This is the trouble, he'll take Brussels.
哦 是啊 我知道
Oh. Yes, I know.
他说他相信大欧洲理念
He says he believes in the European ideal.
对 我知道 我知道
Yes, I know, I know.
政客职业病嘛 会上自己的当
Politicians get taken in by their own speeches.
你也有错 汉弗莱 你三天两头泼他冷水
This is partly your fault. You've blocked Hacker time and again.
都是为了政♥府♥好 阿诺德
Only in the interests of good government, Arnold.
那当然 不过你最好让他这两天出点成就
Quite. But what you need is a big success in the next few days.
出点成就? 对
A big success? Yes.
就这两天?
The next few days?
这样我...首相就有充分理由留下他
That would give me, give the PM a good case for keeping him here.
然后 就好把科贝调到就业部去了
Then, we might be able to move Corbett to Employment.
弗雷德非撤不可吗?
Is Fred definitely going?
对 他老在内阁会议上打瞌睡
Yes, he keeps falling asleep in Cabinet.
我以为他们都打瞌睡
I thought they all did.
对 不过总不至于在说话的时候
Yes, but not while they're actually talking.
汉弗莱 有消息吗? 什么消息 大臣?
Ah, Humphrey! Any news? Of what, Minister?
当然是内阁改组 没有
The Cabinet reshuffle. No.
你中午不是和内阁秘书吃饭了吗?
Didn't you have lunch with the Cabinet Secretary?
对 有什么结论?
Yes. What came up?
眼下没结论
Nothing as yet!
我只知道改组的事周一公布
All I know is the reshuffle will be announced on Monday.
您有消息吗? 什么消息?
Have you any news? Of what?
专员的事 您去不去布鲁塞尔?
The Commissionship. Are you going to Brussels?
这个...
Well...
作为议员来说 我觉得不该去
With my Parliamentary hat, I don't think it would be a good idea.
不过作为内阁大臣 我觉得应该去
With my Cabinet hat on, it would be a good idea.
而作为党派成员 该去也不该去
With my party hat on, there could be arguments on both sides.
剧集 | 是,大臣(1980) | 导航列表