剧集 | 是,大臣(1980) | 导航列表
地方上有点困难 别太担心
We don't need to be too worried about a little local difficulty.
想想就业机会和出口利益
Not in view of the jobs and exports...
不 没那么多岗位
No, not many jobs.
90来个吧 我觉得
Ninety, I think.
对 可是...
Yes, but...
你当然了
You do, do you?
对 好吧
Yes, well...
我也刚想这么说呢 对对
I was coming round to that viewpoint myself.
汉弗莱
Humphrey...
我突然想到一件事情 我看出来了
Something just struck me. I noticed.
你看 这项计划的争议很大
There are arguments against this scheme.
大臣 您已经同意... 对 但它可能损害
Minister, you've already agreed... It could lead to a loss of...
公信力 您说选票?
...public confidence. You mean votes?
选票? 不不 和选票无关 不用考虑它
Votes? No, no. It's not the votes that are a consideration at all.
但是你看 这是公众的意愿
But you see, it's the public will.
我们提倡民♥主♥
This is a democracy...
人♥民♥并不同意 人♥民♥既愚昧又盲目
and the people don't like it. They are ignorant and misguided.
汉弗莱 就是人♥民♥选出我的
It was the people who elected me!
大臣 事情在一周之后就能平息
In a week, the whole thing will have blown over,
一年之后 莫西塞德工厂将安全成功地运营着
and in a year's time, we'll have a safe and successful factory.
一周对政♥治♥算长的 汉弗莱
Aweek's a long time in politics.
一年对政♥府♥算短的
A year's a short time in Government.
你属于政♥府♥ 我属于政♥治♥ 现在首相很生气
You're in Government, I'm in politics and the PM is not pleased.
大臣 尽管我极其尊敬... 又想讽刺我了?
With the greatest respect... Going to insult me again?
可以说您把政党置于国家之上
You're putting party before country.
又是这陈词滥调?没点新鲜的吗?
Can't you think of a new clich?
大臣 "新鲜的陈词滥调"恐怕自相矛盾
Minister, a new clich?could be said to be a contradiction in terms.
汉弗莱 你不懂 你的生活安稳有保障
Humphrey, you lead a sheltered life.
而我必须在政坛存活 我才不得罪首相
I intend to survive and I'm not crossing the PM.
大臣 您为什么一定要顺竿爬?
Why must you be so concerned with climbing the greasy pole?
这很重要 我必须爬
The greasy pole is important. I have to climb it.
为什么?
Why?
因为有竿在那里
'Cause it's there!
请接泰♥晤♥士♥报♥的编辑 谢谢你 伯纳
The editor of the Times, please. Thank you, Bernard.
怎么泰♥晤♥士♥报♥比我还先看到报告?
How come the Times knows about the report before I do?
有人泄漏出去 大臣 我也知道
There's been a leak. I know that!
这是机密 我昨晚才拿到草案
Itwas "Confidential". I only got a draft last night.
幸好不是"内参" 为什么?
At least itwasn't "Restricted". Why?
"内参"的话昨天就见报了
"Restricted" means itwas in the papers yesterday.
"机密"才拖到今天
"Confidential" means it won't be in the papers till today.
谁泄漏的?汉弗莱?
Who leaked this? Humphrey?
我确定不是他 大臣 真的?
I'm sure he didn't, Minister. Are you?
大概不是他 是吗?
He probably didn't. No?
可能是其他人 这些泄漏真是耻辱
It might have been someone else. These leaks are a disgrace!
人♥民♥会以为是政客干的 本来也是这样
People think it's the politicians. It has been known.
依我看 我们漏的远没有被漏的多
In my opinion, we're farmore leaked against than leaking.
"政♥治♥懦夫否决化工集团提案 明哲保身"
"Political cowardice to reject the BCC proposal".
"哈克别无选择"
"Hackerhas no choice".
汉弗莱以为能让我负责 是吗?
Humphrey thinks he's got me committed!
这是非官方消息 漏的是草案
It's an unofficial leak of a draft report.
您无需负责
You're committed to nothing.
研究报告向着您吗?
Does the report give you a way out?
顺便 大臣 沃利·麦克弗兰爵士要见您
SirWally McFarlane is waiting to see you.
好吧 不过他来也白来
All right. But he's wasting his time.
沃利爵士 请进 谢谢您 早安
Come in, please, Sir Wally. Thank you. Morning.
早安 我能参加吗 大臣?
Morning. May I join you, Minister?
想来就来吧 请坐 谢谢 吉姆
Lf you like. Do sit down. Thank you, Jim.
那么 谢谢 伯纳
Now... Thank you, Bernard.
对不起
Sorry about that.
我看报了 亨德森报告明确支持我们
I see from the press the Henderson Report comes clearly on ourside.
我也看见了 那研究组漏得像筛子
I've seen that, too. That committee leaks like a sieve.
好了大臣 那新工厂就没阻力了
So there's no real case for refusing permission for the new plant.
我不太确定 听好 吉姆
I'm not sure yet. Now look, Jim...
这合同花费我们两年心血 至关重要
We've been working on this for two years, it's very important.
我是董事长兼化学家 我告诉你 变性二恶英无毒
I'm the chairman, and I tell you as a chemist, metadioxin is safe.
怎么你们专家总以为自己没错?
You experts always think you're right.
难不成门外汉了解得更清楚?
The more inexpert you are, the more likely you are to be right?
大臣们不是专家
Ministers are not experts.
选他们就是因为他们无知
They're chosen because they know nothing.
你承认啦?
You admit that?
对技术细节一无所知
Nothing about technical details.
大臣必须为国家大局着想 所以我还不确定
Ministers must take a broaderview, that's why I cannot commit yet.
听着 哈克
Look, Hacker!
你在犯错误 你心里清楚
This is the wrong decision and you know it.
懦弱 没骨气
It's cowardly and craven!
我不是懦夫 给我坐下
I am not cowardly... Sit down!
不就是为了那几个选区的几张选票吗?
You'll lose a few votes from a few people in those constituencies?
这是可悲 这是政♥治♥
It's pathetic! It's politics!
没错
Exactly!
我要上报工业部长
I'll be writing to the Secretary of State for Industry.
你不批项目我就辞职
I am prepared to resign if you block this one!
这下您意下如何 大臣?
How do you feel that went, Minister?
再选一个董事长不就完了 再选一个?
We'll have to get another chairman. Get another?
没人想接手这份工作
Nobody would accept a job like that!
没人想管国营企业 这是自取灭亡
Nobody wants to be chairman of nationalised industry: Instant ruin
最好上任当天就拿遣散费走人 早晚一样
They may as well accept the golden handshake the day they start.
总能找到一个 找个研究老年病的美国废物
We'll find someone. Some useless American geriatric.
不见得
Not necessarily.
正经人谁敢接手工业部门
How do you expect to find a decent replacement,
如果他的前任为正确决策而被迫辞职
when we forced his predecessor to resign fortaking a sound decision,
而且还是政♥治♥原因?
which we blocked for political reasons?
又是这套 我别无选择啊 大臣可以随心所欲
I have no choice. A Minister can do what he likes.
民♥主♥至上
It's the people's will.
我是他们的领头人 应该跟他们走
I am their leader. I must follow them.
我良心清白 两手干净
My hands are clean.
我觉得一个人见竿就爬
I thought itwas rather difficult to keep one's hands clean
想两手干净也难
while climbing the greasy pole.
伯纳 得阻止沃利闹事
We must stop Wally making a fuss.
他会在记者招待会上骂我目光短浅
Press conferences accusing me of lack of faith.
还有全景周刊采访(左翼刊物) 我该怎么办?
Interviews on Panorama. What am I to do?
如果我不批 泰♥晤♥士♥报♥和每日邮报会骂我政♥治♥懦夫
If I stop it, the Times will accuse me of political cowardice.
如果我批了 镜报和太阳报又会说我扼杀胎儿
If I let it, the Mirror will say I'm murdering unborn babies.
要是报告说变性二恶英不安全就好了
If only the report had any doubt about the safety of metadioxin.
它肯定不会说吗 大臣? 目前是没有
Are you sure it doesn't, Minister? Not as it stands.
伯纳 亨德森是剑桥的学者? 是
Henderson's a Cambridge man? Yes.
哪所学院? 国王学院 怎么?
Which college? King's. Why?
没事 就想看看是不是我的校友
Nothing. Just wondered if it was my old college.
您不是伦敦政♥治♥经济学院毕业的吗?
Weren't you at the LSE?
对对 没错
Yes, so I was.
你有他的档案吗 伯纳? 有 报告里附了
Have you got his file? It's with the report.
给我接剑桥大学 大臣 您应该知道
Got a Cambridge telephone...? You do realise,
当然您不是蓄意的
not that you have any such intention,
但您不应该干涉
but it would be most improper to influence
这种独♥立♥报告吧?
an independent report of this nature?
太不应该了 绝对的
Most improper! Out of the question.
我只想去国王学院 会会老朋友
Just it might be nice to pop down to have tea with my old friend,
RA克利顿 国王学院院长 接他的电♥话♥
R.A. Crichton, Provost of King's. Get him on the phone.
是 大臣 请接剑桥大学
Yes, Minister. Get me King's College, Cambridge.
谁知道 没准亨德森教授也会去喝茶
Who knows? Professor Henderson might drop in for tea.
无巧不成书嘛 是吧?
That'd be a happy coincidence, wouldn't it?
太正常了 学院同事嘛 这就没什么不妥了吧?
Perfectly natural. Nothing improper about that.
巧遇有什么不妥的? 我也这么觉得
How can a coincidence be improper? Myfeeling entirely.
喂
Yes?
请找克利顿院长
Lord Crichton, please.
从下院升到上院感觉如何?
How's the move from the Commons to the Lords?
像从动物界进了植物界
Like moving from animals to vegetables.
亨德森教授来了 谢谢 见到你太高兴了
Professor Henderson's here. Good to see you.
来见见我的老朋友 吉姆·哈克
Come and meet an old friend, Jim Hacker.
吉姆 这位是亨德森教授 亨德森教授
Jim, this is Professor Henderson. Professor Henderson!
真没想到 大臣也在这里
I didn't expect to see the Minister.
剧集 | 是,大臣(1980) | 导航列表