剧集 | 是,大臣(1980) | 导航列表
是, 大臣 第2季第4集
缘竿而上
汉弗莱 你胡说什么?
Humphrey, what are you havering about?
没说什么 只说大臣不一定批准
I'm simply saying we can't take the Minister's approval for granted.
意大利政♥府♥出了份大合同
The Italian government have offered a massive contract
要我们在莫西塞德郡生产丙醇
to manufacture propanol at our Merseyside plant,
这份合同 让我们正要倒闭的工厂起死回生
which means saving a plant we were going to have to close,
免除失业 增加出口税
saving jobs, earning export royalties.
这还不明显?他非批不可 但如果大臣想...
He has to give us the go-ahead. But if the Minister thinks...
大臣哪会想事
Ministers don't think!
别跟我提大臣
Don't talk to me about Ministers.
我做了10年英国化工集团董事长
I've been chairman of British Chemical Corporation forten years,
一共跟19名大臣打过交道 天哪天哪
and in that time dealt with nineteen different Ministers.
他们总在瞎忙 没空见我
They've usually not had time to see me,
整天行贿工会领导人让他们别罢♥工♥
because they're too busy bribing Trade Union leaders not to strike.
得了 沃利 他们没行贿 真的吗?
They've never bribed anybody. Oh, no?
进公营机构吧 张三 当骑士吧 李四 领爵位吧 王五
"Have a quango, Tom; a knighthood, Dick; a peerage, Harry".
可大臣担心... 大臣他当然担心了
But the Minister's worried... Of course he's worried!
我要是不能让这些
If I'd neverdone anything to worry
胆小鬼 做秀家 拉票狂担心起来
those vote-grabbing baby-kissing jellies,
我们集团10年前就玩完了
we'd have gone down the tube ten years ago!
可你说丙醇含变性二恶英 那又如何?
But propanol contains metadioxin. So what?
二恶英在萨维索(意大利)泄漏过 会伤害胎儿
Dioxin was released at Seveso. It can damage the foetus.
二恶英归二恶英 变性二恶英是种非活性化合物
That's dioxin, for Christ's sake! Metadioxin is an inert compound.
华盛顿食品药物管理局都开出了安全证明
It's been given a clean bill of health by Washington.
你设立的亨德森委员会
The Henderson Committee, which you set up,
也会这么说的
will give it the OK, too.
我知道 沃利 但这名字可能有些政♥治♥敏感性
I know, Wally, but the name could be politically sensitive.
可我在提案里没提变性二恶英
But I've taken metadioxin out of the proposal.
单单是丙醇 你真英明
I call it propanol. Very wise of you.
你让我写的 那我真英明
You told me to. Very wise of me!
照我说 大臣不会反对的 只是手段问题
But the Ministermay raise no objections, it just needs tact.
好的 那就是没问题了
Fine. In that case, there's no problem.
我跟你去 使些手段
I'll have a tactful word with Hacker
亲自说服哈克那浆糊脑袋
and persuade the blancmange myself.
我觉得...不是我不信你 沃利
Don't take this amiss, Wally,
幸运的话 凭我就能说服他
but I might just be able to manage
不用你那种...自成一家的...手段
without your unique... brand of tact.
多好的消息啊 汉弗莱 是 大臣
This is wonderful news, Humphrey. Yes, Minister.
濒临倒闭的工厂 一夜间成了化工集团的摇钱树
We turn a run-down plant from loss-maker into a profitable unit,
他们成了欧洲最大的丙醇工厂
the largest manufacturer of propanol in Europe.
是 大臣 英国制♥造♥的领先设备
Yes, Minister. Equipment made in UK factories.
地方政♥府♥得益 出口贸易交流
Income for the local authorities, foreign exchange from exports.
好得不像真的 确实是真的 大臣
Too good to be true! It is true.
丙醇真好...到底什么是丙醇?
Good old propanol... What is propanol, actually?
很有意思 丙醇从前用二恶英制♥造♥
It used to be made with dioxin
自从意大利萨维索泄漏事故
until the Seveso explosion
之后就重新开♥发♥了安全化合物 名为变性二恶英
then they developed a safe compound, metadioxin.
意大利的工厂被封闭 得请英国化工集团来制♥造♥
Italian factory is sealed off so they've asked the BCC to make it.
算他们倒霉 确实有点
An ill wind. Quite so.
这东西真的安全吧? 绝对安全 那就好
But this stuff is perfectly safe? Perfectly.
软弱的大臣或许会对相似名字抱以怀疑
Weak Ministers might have doubts over the similarity of the names,
但有骨气的大臣不会
but no one with any backbone would be deflected
拒绝如此有利的项目
from such a beneficial project
就为这点细枝末节
on such a useless pretext.
可不是 我知道那种大臣 政♥治♥软脚虾
I know just the sort of Minister you mean. Political jellyfish.
不敢做决策 生怕招惹谁
Terrified of taking any decision.
反正 决策总会得罪人的
Afterall, every decision upsets someone, doesn't it?
尽责的政♥府♥做出正确决策
Good government is doing what's right
而不是受欢迎的 是吧汉弗莱?
not just what's popular.
所言极是 大臣 不过这会受欢迎吧?
Absolutely, Minister. But this will be popular?
肯定大受欢迎 汉弗莱 确认一下
Very popular. Humphrey, I want to be sure.
你不是要我展现魄力吧?
You're not asking me to make a courageous decision, are you?
绝对没有 大臣 这说哪里话
Of course not, Minister.
那就好 要提上内阁吗?
Good, good. Should I take it to Cabinet?
我觉得越低调越好 为什么?
I think the less said, the better. Why?
尽管变性二恶英完全无害
Although metadioxin is totally harmless,
这名称可能会让无知的人紧张
the name may cause anxiety in ignorant minds.
汉弗莱 你是说我的内阁同僚?
Humphrey, you're talking about my Cabinet colleagues.
我说的是"地球之友"组织 这倒是
I was referring to the Friends of the Earth.
喂? 琼·利特勒来了 大臣 她是西南利物浦的议员
Yes? Joan Littlerhas arrived, MP for Liverpool South West.
好的 她来有何打算?
Know what she wants?
当然 她是首相的政务次官
She's the Prime Minister's PPS,
新工厂坐落于她的选区
and the new plant is in her constituency.
好 让她进来 汉弗莱你先出去好吗?
Showher in. If you'll excuse us?
首相政务次官? 我还是留下吧
The PM's PPS? I think I'll stay.
琼·利特勒 大臣 西南利物浦的议员
Joan Littler, memberfor Liverpool South West.
琼 你认识汉弗莱·阿普比吗? 很高兴见到您
Do you know Humphrey Appleby? Delighted to meet you.
快坐下
Do take a seat.
谢谢 伯纳 伯纳
Thank you, Bernard. Bernard...
好吧 有什么我能效劳的?
Now, what can I do foryou?
吉姆 化工集团要把我的选区怎样?
Jim, what's the BCC up to in my constituency?
即将启动一项振奋人心的新项目 促进就业和投资
They'll be announcing a very exciting project, with new jobs.
对 但有些很可怕的传闻
Yes... but there's some very worrying rumours.
比如? 有关有害化学品
Such as? Rumours of dangerous chemicals.
化学品都有害
All chemicals are dangerous...
大臣说那是空穴来风 不必担心
The Ministermeans the rumours are unfounded, no cause for alarm.
我不管 你能保证先做公开调查吗?
Can I have your assurance there'll be a full public enquiry?
调查一下也不错
Not a bad idea...
大臣是说完全不必公开调查
The Ministerwas about to say there's no need foran enquiry.
已经在研究了 近期会公布报告
A report will be issued shortly.
听好 我是来问吉姆的
I came here to talk to Jim.
你是在问他啊 可都是你替他答的
You are talking to him. But he's not answering, you are!
大臣与我想法一致 谁的想法 你的?
The Ministerand I are of one mind. Whose? Yours?
我听说就是这种产品污染了意大利萨维索
I've heard this factory made the chemical that poisoned Seveso!
没那事 是吗?
That's not true. Isn't it?
萨维索那是二恶英 这是变性二恶英
The chemical in Seveso was dioxin. This is metadioxin.
还不是一样 名字相似而已
That's virtually the same thing. Just a similar name.
只不过前面加了变性两字
It's the same name with "meta" stuck on the front.
这就大不相同了 为什么 变性是什么意思?
That makes all the difference. Why? What does "meta" mean?
变性什么意思 汉弗莱?
What does "meta" mean, Humphrey?
简单 意思是"副" "后"或"超"
"With", "after" or "beyond".
词源来自希腊 就是"后二恶英"或"超二恶英"
From the Greek, of course. "After" dioxin or "beyond" dioxin.
如果用宾格 就是"超"或"后"
If it's in the accusative, it's "beyond orafter",
用所有格就是"副" 拉丁语也是 您当然记得
with the genitive it's "with", as in Latin, as you no doubt recall.
"副"作前缀就得用离格
The ablative is used forwords needing "with" to precede them.
不过当然 希腊语没有离格
But of course, there isn't an ablative in Greek.
说得好 伯纳 谢谢
Well done, Bernard. Thank you.
明白了吧? 不 不明白
You see? Not exactly, no.
我觉得挺清楚的 我想知道的是
I thought thatwas perfectly plain. What I insist on knowing
这两种药品的本质区别何在
is what is the actual difference between dioxin and metadioxin.
好说 变性二恶英是二恶英的一种非活性化合物
Metadioxin is an inert compound of dioxin.
我好像明白了 汉弗莱
I think I follow that, Humphrey,
不过你能不能再解释清楚一点?
but could you explain it a little more clearly?
哪一方面 大臣? 非活性是什么意思?
In what sense, Minister? What does "inert" mean?
就是它没...
It means it's not...
活性
... ert.
连只苍蝇都"活"不了
Wouldn't "ert" a fly.
你说什么 伯纳? 没什么 大臣
What did you say, Bernard? Nothing, Minister.
实际应用中什么意思?
What does that mean in practical terms?
你是说化学上?
You mean chemically?
对 化学上 化学上怎么说?
Yes, chemically. What does it mean chemically?
我不知道怎么用通俗语言解释
I can't explain it in layman's language...
你懂化学吗? 当然不懂 大臣
Do you know any chemistry? Of course not, Minister.
我是拿奖学金项目的
I was in the scholarship form.
古典文学系
Classics.
化合物又是什么? 你也不懂化学?
And what's a compound? Don't you know any chemistry?
不懂 你呢?
No. Do you?
我们应该懂点 对吧? 化合物就是...
We ought to, oughtn't we? A compound is a...
你们都知道复合利息吧?
You know what compound interest is?
对对 让人高兴的东西
Yes, well, a jolly good thing.
剧集 | 是,大臣(1980) | 导航列表