剧集 | 是,大臣(1980) | 导航列表
这个体系一直完美运转 无需改变
The system has worked so well in the past.
它不完美
It hasn't.
我们得公平审视这一体制 就知道你会说
Give it a fairtrial. I thought you might say that...
告诉你 嘉德勋章由爱德华三世设立于1348年
The Most Noble Order of the Garter was founded in 1348 by Edward III.
审判期该结束了吧?
It's at the end of its trial period now.
大臣 一旦您借经济阻碍荣誉
Minister, if you block honours pending economies,
您可能开创一个危险的先例
you might create a dangerous precedent.
你是说这次我们做对了
If we do the right thing now,
下次也非对不可?
we'll have to do the right thing next time?
天哪汉弗莱 什么都别干才是正理么 恰恰相反
Nothing would get done at all! On the contrary.
有很多事应该做 可是 不要做第一个
Many things must be done, but... Nothing done for the first time.
不 大臣
No, Minister!
我完全支持您的意图 我会全力予以贯彻
I'm fully seized of your aims, and I'll try to put them into practice.
为此目的
To that end,
我提议设立各部联席委员会广泛调查
I recommend we set up a committee with broad terms of reference,
以便最终考虑到一切后果
so we're in a position to think through the various implications
并从长远考虑角度出发作出决定
and decide based on long-term considerations
而不是仓促采取轻率 考虑欠周的行动
rather than rush prematurely into precipitate and ill-conceived actions
从而造成无法预料的后果
which might have unforeseen repercussions.
你是说"不行"?
You mean "no"?
我是说 就目前看来 等时机成熟…
I mean, as faras one can see, in the fullness of time...
不 不 不 汉弗莱
No, no, no, Humphrey.
你了解我 雷厉风行
You know me: Action now!
雷厉风行
Action now.
神志健全的人都不想被授勋
Nobody in their right mind can want honours.
授勋引起奉承 势利 嫉妒
They encourage sycophancy, snobbery, jealousy,
这些都归公务员可不公平
and civil servants shouldn't get them all!
可是大臣... 不 汉弗莱 抱歉 我主意已定
But Minister... No, no! I'm sorry. I have decided.
还有一件呢? 还有一件?
Your other point? Other point?
你说有两件事的 是吗?
You had two. Did I?
是的 抱歉 气糊涂了
Yes, I'm sorry. The shock!
大臣 昨天我会见了牛津贝利学院的代表
Yesterday, I had representations from Baillie College, Oxford.
照外国学生学费的新规定 他们一年损失二十五万
Grants for overseas students... They'll lose millions a year.
多招英国学生不就完了
They must just take more British students.
他们当然极其乐意 大臣 但是
Nothing would please them more, but you see...
贝利学院的外国学生最多
Baillie has many foreign students,
新政会严重打击
and there could be repercussions
热带病学系和国际公法系
at the schools of tropical medicine, international law,
阿♥拉♥伯语系甚至得停办
and the Arabic department may have to close down.
对不起 我不能花纳税人的钱去教育外国人
We can't educate foreigners at the taxpayer's expense.
不单单是外国人 大臣
Not just foreigners.
如果外♥交♥部♥没地方给新人员培训阿♥拉♥伯文化
If the diplomatic service had nowhere to immerse its recruits,
后果不堪设想 甚至会有亲以色列的外♥交♥部♥
the results could be catastrophic, with a pro-Israeli Foreign Office!
石油政策会变成什么样?
What would happen to our oil policy?
那么只能换个地方培训
Its recruits must go elsewhere.
还有哪能学习阿♥拉♥伯语?
Where else would they learn Arabic?
阿♥拉♥伯?
Arabia?
事实上 大臣 贝利学院确有过人之处
Baillie College has an outstanding record.
多年来 它使英国监狱人满为患 监狱?
It's filled our jails for years. Jails?
是的 您看 字母JB代表英联邦最高荣誉
Yes. The letters "JB" are the finest honour in the Commonwealth.
"JB"? "英国犯人"
"JB"? "Jailed by the British".
甘地(印度) 恩克鲁玛(加纳) 马卡李奥(塞浦路斯)
Gandhi, Nkrumah, Makarios,
本-古理安(以色列) 肯雅塔(肯尼亚)
Ben-Gurion, Kenyatta,
尼赫鲁(印度) 穆加贝(津巴布韦)
Nehru, Mugabe.
各国领导人 无穷无尽 很有几名我们的校友
The list of leaders is endless and contains several of ourstudents.
"我们的校友"?
"Ourstudents"?
汉弗莱 你上的哪所学院?
Humphrey... which college did you go to?
大臣 这完全是题外话
That is quite beside the point.
我就喜欢聊题外话
I like being beside the point.
说来听听 汉弗莱 你上的哪所学院?
Humourme, Humphrey. Which college did you go to?
该不会刚好是贝利学院吧?
Was it Baillie, by any strange coincidence?
恰巧...我也是贝利人
It so happens... I am a Baillie man,
但这完全是两码事
but that has nothing to do with it!
对对对 两码事嘛
No, of course not.
想什么呢 不害臊
Perish the thought. Naughty.
喂? 下院分组表决 大臣
Yes? The division, Minister.
就这么定了吧 汉弗莱 没时间了
That rathersettles it. No more time.
伯纳 我该投赞成还是反对?
Am I voting "aye" or"no"?
投反对 反对党的修正案 第二读... 管它是什么
"No". It's a... I don't want to know what it is.
我只怕走错门而已
I don't want to go through the wrong door.
阿诺德?
Arnold?
汉弗莱 请坐
Humphrey! Do sit down.
希望你不介意来一趟内阁办公室
Hope you don't mind my dragging you here.
哦 没关系 我有点担心你的大臣
No, please. I was worried about your Minister.
"将勋章跟节约挂钩"
Linking honours to economies.
哦 您听说了? 纯粹胡说八道
That? A lot of nonsense.
很好 你是说没那回事
Good. You mean it's not true?
不完全...他确实是提到了
Not exactly. That is, he did just mention it.
但是... 但是什么?
But... But what?
我找不到有效论据来反驳他
I can't find any effective arguments against it.
汉弗莱 这可是导火索 我说了
It's the thin end of the wedge. That's what I said.
是左翼激进主义 我也说了
A Bennite solution. I said that.
后果不堪设想 我都说了
Where will it end? That's what I said.
确实无法容忍♥ 但是...
No, it's intolerable, but...
又不可违抗
irresistible.
是啊 我不是指摘你 我也不了解内情
I'm not reprimanding you, I don't know the facts well enough.
但作为秘♥书♥长♥ 我希望你保证他不会实施
I'd like your assurance that he won't be putting it into practice.
我当然希望不会
I certainly hope he won't.
"希望"恐怕不够
I'm not sure that hopes are good enough.
试想一旦你们部门实施 很快就会在政♥府♥扩散
Lfhe applied it to your department, the contagion would spread!
每一个部门
Every department!
那么 我们可以指望你咯? 我会尽力
Presumably, we can count on you? I shall certainly try.
但这...很棘手 你当然有你的办法
But... it's rathertricky. You know what you're doing.
但这可能让大家怀疑你是否可靠
This could cause people to reflect on your soundness.
当然我本人毫不怀疑 但是...
I've no doubts about you myself, but...
谈个心总是好的 当然 谢谢 阿诺德
I thought a chatwould be useful. Absolutely. Thank you.
对了 我刚刚跟我们学院的院长通了电♥话♥
By the way, I had our college master on the phone.
他说你上周在贝利参加了晚宴 是啊
He said you dined at Baillie. Right!
我保证你的大臣会给他们特殊待遇 对吧?
I assured them your Minister would treat them as a special case.
当然 当然
Yes... Yes...
我已经安排大臣参加贵宾宴会
I've got the Minister coming to a benefactors' dinner.
很好 你果然可靠
Good. Sound man.
好了 我得去10号♥了 感谢你过来 汉弗莱
I must be getting over to Number 10. Thanks for dropping in.
不胜荣幸
Pleasure...
阿诺德
Arnold.
据说汉弗莱爵士昨天
Sir Humphrey saw the Cabinet Secretary
被内阁秘书狠批一番 真的?
and got the most frightful wigging.
对 骂得他狗血淋头 为您的"按节约授勋"妙计
Really tore him off a strip because of your economie-honour scheme
是你的妙计 伯纳 我们商量好的
Your scheme. We've been through all that.
对 抱歉 我的妙计
Sorry. My scheme.
汉弗莱这种高级官员也会挨训吗?
Why wig someone as high up as Humphrey?
通常是很客气的 但这次显然已经无所顾忌了
Normally, it's civilised, but this time itwas no-holds-barred.
阿诺德爵士说不是故意要指摘他
SirArnold said he wasn't actually reprimanding him.
这么惨? 是啊
Bad as that, was it? Yes.
还暗示有人怀疑他的可靠程度
He suggested some people might not think he was sound.
大打出手啊 确实
A real punch-up! Indeed.
阿诺德爵士担心什么?他能拿的都拿了吧?
What has Sir Arnold to fear? He has all the honours he could want.
他才到G G?
He has his "G". "G"?
先拿K 然后拿G 别打谜语 伯纳
You get your "G" after your "K". You speak in riddles.
先拿CMG 然后拿KCMG 最后拿GCMG
First you get the CMG, then the KCMG and the GCMG,
三等勋爵士 二等勋爵士
the Command of the Order of St Michael and St George,
大十字勋爵士
Knight Grand Cross of St George.
在部门里 CMG代表"叫我上帝"
In the service, CMG stands for "Call Me God".
而KCMG代表"请叫我上帝"
And KCMG for "Kindly Call Me God".
GCMG怎么讲?
And GCMG?
"上帝叫我上帝"
"God Calls Me God".
阿诺德爵士担心什么?他不是都拿遍了吗?
Why should SirArnold worry? He has his full quota of honours.
没有 差得远呢
Nowhere near!
还有贵族爵位 功绩勋章 荣誉三等男爵士勋章
There's a peerage, the CH
嘉德勋章 蓟花骑士勋章...
the OM, the Knight of the Thistle...
剧集 | 是,大臣(1980) | 导航列表