剧集 | 维多利亚(2016) | 导航列表
他叫纳撒尼尔
Nathaniel.
我一直希望他能继承我...
I always thought he'd succeed me...
位于伦敦 以前叫教堂街
在富尔尼耶大街的纺织店
my loom at Fournier Street.
但如果我们放任这些
But if we allow this inferior material
劣等布料垄断经济 那么...
to put us out of business, then...
他也就失业了
he'll have no profession.
他就会成为伦敦街头
He'll just be another hungry boy
又一个饿着肚子 找工作的男孩
on the streets of London looking for work.
但政♥府♥无法 靠推出关税
But the Government cannot introduce a tariff
来保护所有 因为廉价进口商品
to protect every industry
而受到威胁的产业 夫人
threatened by cheaper imports, ma'am.
1815-1846年强制实施的进口关税 用以限制谷物进口 保护农民利益
这不正是《谷物法》的作用吗 罗伯特爵士
But isn't that exactly what the Corn Laws do, Sir Robert?
保护英格兰的农民
Protect English farmers
遭受廉价进口玉米的冲击
from the imports of cheaper corn.
你把问题 看得太简单了 维多利亚
I fear you may be oversimplifying things, Victoria.
这两种情况完全不同 夫人
The two cases are very different, ma'am.
是啊 斯皮塔菲尔德的纺织业者
Yes. The silk weavers of Spitalfields
在上议院没有一席之地
do not have seats in the House of Lords.
我不知道 夫人 我是否可进一言
I wonder, ma'am, if I might make a suggestion.
作为上流社会的领袖
As the leader of fashionable society,
如果您能告知大家
if you were to make it known
您只穿斯皮塔菲尔德的丝绸
that you will only wear Spitalfields silk...
是的 夫人 如果您能组织一个聚会
Indeed, ma'am. If you were to preside at an occasion
要求所有宾客 必须穿斯皮塔菲尔德的丝绸
at which all the guests were required to wear it,
我认为这样能 最大限度地
well, that I believe would bring the matter
吸引民众的注意
to the public's attention as nothing else could.
这是个很好的想法
An excellent notion.
举办舞会怎么样
What about a ball?
当然 必须马上就办
Of course, it would have to be soon.
我觉得 夫人
I wonder, ma'am,
鉴于目前底层阶级
given the considerable discontent
强烈的不满情绪
among the lower orders at the moment,
举♥行♥舞会可能会... 引起误解
whether a ball might be... misconstrued.
这会引起误解吗 首相
Misconstrued, Prime Minister?
[法王路易十六王后]
我想起了玛丽·安托瓦内特
I'm thinking of Marie Antoinette,
上任法国王后 夫人
the late Queen of France, ma'am,
当巴黎的暴民 需要面包时
who, when the Paris mob demanded bread,
她回复 "给他们吃蛋糕"
replied, "Let them eat cake."
如果我是底层阶级...
If I were a member of the lower orders...
我可能会责怪首相
I might blame the Prime Minister,
因为他支持《谷物法》
who supports the Corn Laws
而这个法令 让我买♥♥不起面包
that make bread unaffordable,
所以才如此不幸
for my misfortunes.
现在是困难时期 阁下
These are difficult times, sir.
北部的收成不好...
Another bad harvest, strikes in the North...
整个国家非常不安定
the country is in a state of unrest.
宪♥章♥派声称
The Chartists claim
他们的请♥愿♥书上 有三百万签名
to have three million signatures to their petition.
女王这次舞会 举办得真不是时候
This ball of Her Majesty's could not have come at a worse time.
我理解您的担忧
I understand your concern.
我会和女王谈谈
Let me speak with the Queen.
必须是一场化装舞会
The ball must be fancy dress,
这样每人都会有一套
so that everyone will have
用斯皮塔菲尔德丝绸 制♥作♥的新服装
a new costume made of Spitalfields silk.
这也是个好机会 能与很多老友相见
And it will be a chance to see so many old friends.
哈里特一定要来 - 好的 夫人
Harriet must come. - Yes, ma'am.
我还要写信给墨勋爵
And I have written to Lord M.
即同意与其跳舞的人名列表
我会填好舞伴卡
I want to fill my dance card.
您确定不打算跳舞吗 夫人
Surely you're not intending to dance, ma'am?
为什么不呢
And why on earth not?
公爵夫人 您不能独占 所有的舞伴
Oh, Duchess, you cannot keep all the partners to yourself.
如果我和您 跳前两支舞
If I dance the first two sets with you,
那我和维多利亚 至少得能跳一支华尔兹
I think I should be allowed at least one waltz with Victoria.
您的身份不应 与异性闲荡 夫人
A woman in your condition should not be gallivanting, ma'am.
您肯定是感冒了 公爵夫人
I believe you have a cold, Duchess.
您可以先行退下了
You have my permission to withdraw.
也许可以举办一场 中世纪主题舞会
I was wondering if we could have a medieval theme.
英格兰国王 约克王朝的最后一位国王
这是爱德华三世
This is Edward III.
爱德华三世于1348年创立 英国爵士的最高爵位
他创立了嘉德勋位
He founded the Order of the Garter.
看着他 我就想到了你
Well, he reminds me of you.
这样做对吗 维多利亚
Is it right, Victoria,
你的臣民正在挨饿 而我们却举办舞会
for us to hold a ball when so many of your people are starving?
但我们在试图帮助他们 阿尔伯特
But this is a way of trying to help them, Albert.
爱德华三世在都铎王朝人士的笔下被描写成肢障者
这在当时 被视为是邪恶人格的象征
你一定是肢障者
I think you have the legs of a Plantagenet.
我觉得你戴上王冠
And I think you would look
会非常高贵 你觉得呢 恩斯特
magnificent in a crown. Don't you think, Ernest?
要我说 这气质他与生俱来
Well, to the manner born, I would say.
公务大臣奉
仁爱的维多利亚女王陛下之命
邀请尊敬的墨尔本勋爵
参加白金汉宫的舞会
这是爱德华三世
Here are Edward III
和他的妻子 埃诺的菲丽帕王后
and his wife, Queen Philippa of Hainault.
法国加来海峡省的一个城市
爱德华曾经围攻加来
Edward once laid siege to the town of Calais.
他没有摧毁整座城市
But rather than destroy the whole town,
他要求六位
he asked that six of its most
最著名的市民 亲自向他投降
prominent citizens surrender themselves to him.
他本要对这些 两鬓斑白的老人执行死刑
He was going to execute these poor grey-bearded old men
而他的妻子 善良的菲丽帕王后
until his wife, the kindly Queen Philippa,
以他们未出世孩子的名义 恳求他
pleaded with him on the life of their unborn child
饶他们一命
to spare their lives.
真是动人的故事
Such a charming story.
做得也很正确
And so fitting.
请允许我向您 展示染色窗户 夫人
Might I show you the stained glass, ma'am?
您准备参加舞会吗 阁下
You are intending to attend the ball, then, sir?
女王陛下相信 场面会很...
The Queen is of the belief that this...
壮观 用你们的话说...
spectacle, as you would call it...
会让富人们想起 对穷♥人♥的义务
will remind the rich of their obligation to the poor.
我知道女王出于好意
I understand the Queen means well.
但我请求您 阁下 让她再考虑一下
But I beg you, sir, ask her to reconsider.
恐怕女王心意已决 罗伯特爵士
The Queen has made up her mind, I'm afraid, Sir Robert.
我说什么也无法 改变她的想法
And there is nothing that I would say that could change it.
指教堂的十字型翼部
请允许我向您展示 东耳堂的雕刻品
Allow me to show you the carving in the east transept.
您选好服装了吗 阁下
Have you chosen your costume yet, sir?
您会打扮成骑士吗
Are you going to be a knight?
应该会有很多人 扮成骑士
Oh, I think there will be enough armour at the ball.
我想打扮得 与众不同一些
I would like to go as someone completely different.
就像信鸽群里的猫
A cat among the heraldic pigeons.
像罗宾汉那样的人吗
Someone like Robin Hood?
他是亡命之徒
He was an outlaw
位于英国诺丁汉
和他的弓箭手们 住在舍伍德森林
who lived in Sherwood Forest with his band of archers
帮助理查一世国王
fighting for King Richard against
战胜邪恶的 篡位者约翰国王
the wicked usurper King John.
亡命的弓箭手...
A lawless archer...
这个角色 应该很适合我
Yes, I think that would suit me very well.
一人一票 在这里签请♥愿♥书...
One man, one vote. Sign this petition here...
一人一票
如果不会写字 可以做个标记
If you can't sign your name, just make your mark.
一人一票 来吧 先生 别不好意思
One man, one vote. Come on, sir, don't be shy.
在这里签请♥愿♥书
Sign the petition here.
看
There.
我们给她穿上吗
Shall we put it on her?
这是丝绸吗 - 女王又有身孕了
Silk? - The Queen is expecting again.
我在给她改衣服
I've been doing the alterations.
速度够快的 - 我觉得 她并没有很高兴
That was quick. - Don't think she's too happy about it.
不管是女王 还是洗衣女仆
Doesn't make a difference if you're the Queen or a laundry maid.
都一样 会被孩子拴住
You get caught just the same.
剧集 | 维多利亚(2016) | 导航列表