剧集 | 维多利亚(2016) | 导航列表
She has a particular fancy for them at the moment.
她喜欢吗
Like that, is it?
那好吧
All right, then.
您能回到王宫 女王很高兴
The Queen is delighted you've come back.
我可别无选择 对吧
Well, I didn't have much choice, did I?
阿尔佛雷德勋爵的兄弟 告诉俱乐部委员会
Lord Alfred's brother told the club committee
我回到王宫 是他们对国家的义务
it was their patriotic duty to send me back to the Palace.
对不起 我没意识到...
Oh. I am sorry. I didn't realise...
没意识到女王逼委员会 解雇了我吗
What, that the Queen had me dismissed?
还是皇家命令
By Royal Command.
当然 情况可能更糟
Still, it could be worse.
得到女王的喜爱
To be the Queen's favourite.
就是其中之一
That's something I suppose.
您不只得到女王的喜爱 弗兰卡泰利先生
I think you're more than that, Mr Francatelli.
亲爱的墨勋爵 您该回到王宫了
Dear Lord M, it's time for you to return to the Palace.
不能再束紧一点吗
Can't you make it any tighter?
再紧您就不能呼吸了 夫人
Not if you want to breathe, Ma'am.
怎么会这样
I don't understand.
陛下 是否有可能 您又怀孕了呢
Majesty, is it possible that you're to be blessed again?
别开玩笑了 兰辛
Don't be absurd, Lehzen.
我才刚生完孩子
I've just had a baby.
午安 德雷克阁下
Good afternoon, Mr Drake.
欢迎您 勋爵
Welcome, my Lord.
请允许我介绍洛夫莱斯夫人
May I present Lady Lovelace
和查尔斯·巴贝奇先生
Mr Charles Babbage.
女王陛下
Your Majesty.
我以前从未见过女数学家
I have never met a lady mathematician before.
我也没有 夫人
Neither have I, Ma'am.
这也是我想对 皇家育婴房♥做出的改动
That's something I plan to rectify in the royal nursery.
还是最好不要太早 阁下
You can never start too early, sir.
洛夫莱斯夫人 真是非常特别
What a striking woman Lady Lovelace is.
邀请各式各样的宾客 真是至关重要 对吗
It's so important to have a mixture of guests, don't you think?
墨勋爵 真高兴您能来
Lord M. I'm so glad you could come.
您知道我很热衷于文化发展 夫人
You know how fond I am of cultural improvement, Ma'am.
康斯坦丁堡大主教 对东正教影响深远
您是否完成了 圣赫里索斯托姆的研究
Did you manage to finish your study of St Chrysostom?
您的记忆力真好 阁下 不过 没有
What a good memory you have, sir. Uh, no.
恐怕我还要花几年 才能完成
I fear it may be years before I'm finished.
我太容易分心 - 我明白
I'm too easily distracted. - Oh, I know.
我发现 坚持不懈是成功之钥
Perseverance, I find, is the key to success.
是啊 的确如此
Yes, I'm sure it is.
尊贵的亲王殿下 该进宴会厅了
Your Royal Highness, you're wanted in the ballroom.
请恕我失陪
Please excuse me.
告诉我 墨勋爵...
Tell me, Lord M...
您觉得我变化很大吗
do you find me much changed?
您在变得更好 夫人
Only for the better, Ma'am.
她有朋友吗
Does she have any friends?
请允许我向小公主致以问候 夫人
May I inquire after the Princess, Ma'am?
她和她父亲很像
She is just like her father.
只是她更吵一点
Only noisier.
那个机器能帮助运算 真是太伟大了
The machine solved that for you. That is remarkable.
亲王殿下今晚很活跃 夫人
The Prince seems very animated this evening, Ma'am.
那位是洛夫莱斯夫人吗
Is that Lady Lovelace with him?
是的 他们应该在谈论数学
Yes. I believe they talk about mathematics together.
是啊 她一定得到了母亲的遗传
Indeed. Then she takes after her mother,
她母亲是一位女学者
who was such a blue stocking
被称之为平行四边形公主
they called her the Princess of the Parallelograms.
1930年发明的一种机械式通用计算机 是世界上第一台计算机
实验表明分♥析♥机器
We have shown that the Analytical Engine
可以计算到π的一百二十五位以上
could calculate π to 125 places, or more.
我坚信 阁下
I truly believe, sir...
她看上去很得意
I think she looks rather pleased with herself.
这方面她遗传了父亲
In that respect she resembles her father.
他总是表现得像 世上一切都属于自己
He always looks as if every room belonged to him.
她父亲吗
Her father?
乔治·戈登·拜伦 英国诗人 革命家 独领风♥骚♥的浪漫主义文学泰斗
她是拜伦的女儿 夫人
She's Byron's daughter, Ma'am.
我以为您知道
I thought you knew.
就连最复杂的方程式
Even the most complicated equations
也能得到运算
can be calculated in this way.
莎士比亚戏剧《奥赛罗》第五幕第二场
当把这种不幸的事实
I pray you, in your letters...
报告给他们时 请在公文上
when you shall these unlucky deeds relate,
老实照我本来的样子叙述 不要徇情回护
speak of me as I am, nothing extenuate,
也不要恶意构陷
nor set down aught in malice.
你们应当说 我是一个在恋爱上不智
Then must you speak of one that loved not wisely
而过于深情的人
but too well.
一个不容易发生嫉妒 可是一旦被人煽动以后
Of one not easily jealous, but being wrought,
就会感到极度烦恼的人
perplexed in the extreme of one whose hand,
像那种糊涂的印度人一般
like the base Indian,
随手丢弃比他整个部落
threw a pearl away
所有财产更贵重的珍珠
richer than all his tribe.
非常激动人心 奥尔德里奇先生
That was thrilling, Mr Aldridge, really.
能为您表演《奥赛罗》 是我的荣幸 女王陛下
It is a great honour to give you my Othello, Your Majesty.
奥尔德里奇先生 请允许我介绍一位挚友
Mr Aldridge, may I present a dear friend of mine.
我一直不明白
I have never understood
《奥赛罗》第五幕第二场
奥赛罗为什么 要扼死可怜的苔丝狄蒙娜
why Othello has to smother poor Desdemona.
《奥赛罗》第三幕第三场伊阿古将妒忌比作绿眼的恶魔
因为您从未感受过
That's because you've never experienced
嫉妒的威力 夫人
the green-eyed monster,Ma'am .
嫉妒是很乏味的情感
Jealousy is a most tedious emotion.
乏味 不 远不止如此
Tedious? Oh, I think it is more than that really.
请恕我失陪
Please, excuse me.
恩斯特亲王
Prince Ernest.
拉塔廖尼漂亮吗
Isn't La Taglioni wonderful?
我舅舅可能会赞同
Well, my uncle certainly seems to think so.
黑人居然演奥赛罗
A negro playing Othello.
这还了得
Whatever next?
剧本中 就是如此 公爵夫人
I, er, I believe that is how it was written, Duchess.
真是粗野的表演
Such a bestial play.
莎士比亚无法与流社会 混为一谈
Shakespeare and polite society do not mix.
您还好吗 夫人 您看着有点苍白
Are you all right, Ma'am? You look a little pale.
我很好
Quite all right.
维多利亚 我们刚正在
Ah, Victoria, we are just,
讨论新的分♥析♥机器
er, discussing the new Analytical Engine
巴贝奇先生和洛夫莱斯夫人 想新造一台
that Mr Babbage and Lady Lovelace intend to build.
什么机器
An engine?
可以迅速移♥动♥那种机器吗
Well, will it move very fast?
不是 不是那种机器 维多利亚 那是
Oh, no, no, it is not that type of engine, Victoria. It is, um,
一种负责思考的机器 比如计算π值
well, it's a thinking machine. The value of π, for example,
您刚说
and where exactly did you say
可以精确到多少位 洛夫莱斯夫人
you could get that to, Lady Lovelace?
精确到一百二十五位 阁下
Into the 125th place, sir.
但什么样的派 需要分成一百二十五份
But what sort of pie needs to be divided into 125 pieces?
不是的 π是一个符号♥
Oh, no. π is the symbol
数学家们用来 表示计算圆面♥积♥时
mathematicians give to the irrational number
需要用到的一个无理数
used to calculate the dimensions of a circle.
但您也可以用来 计算苹果派的面♥积♥
But you could also use it to calculate the area of an apple pie.
用π做的派
π to make pie.
真风趣
So droll.
或甚用来计算 您裙子的腰围 夫人
Or even the circumference of your skirts, Ma'am.
墨尔本勋爵 - 殿下
Lord Melbourne. - Your Majesty.
您的退休生活怎么样
How are you enjoying your retirement?
我并未想念王宫生活
Well, I don't miss the House.
我获悉您在 与我的侄女通信
I understand you are in correspondence with my niece.
是的 她上一封信中
It's true. In her last letter
她问我布克莱公爵夫人的头发
she asked me if the Duchess of Buccleuch's
是否都是真的
hair was all her own.
我的回复应该极有价值
I believe my reply was most invaluable.
或许 有人会说 君主写信 给前任首相
There are those who might say it was ill advised
有欠考虑 影响不好
for a monarch to write to a former prime minister.
我可能倾向于 赞同他们的观点
I might be inclined to agree with them,
我也不能无视君主来信 爵士
剧集 | 维多利亚(2016) | 导航列表