剧集 | 维多利亚(2016) | 导航列表
维多利亚
第二季 第二集
第二集
绿眼的妖魔
我的宝贝女儿
你知道自己的父亲是谁吗
你瞧 她已经能听懂德语了
You see? She understands German already.
她很聪明 如她父亲一样
She is clever, like her father.
也很健壮 如她母亲一样
And strong, like her mother.
维多利亚 我等不及想要教导她了
Oh, Victoria, I cannot wait to educate our children.
我希望他们的家庭幸福
I want them to shine like a
能像伦敦大雾中的
beacon of domestic bliss
灯塔一般闪耀
through the London fog.
不止一个孩子吗 - 当然
Children? - Yes, of course.
我由衷希望能填满 这间育婴室
I, I would very much like us to fill this nursery.
我觉得有维姬已经够了
I think Vicky is quite enough at present.
你要去哪里
Where are you going?
我们不是要 一起处理国事吗
I thought we were going to do the boxes.
是英国资助科学发展的组织 成立于1660年
我安排了和一些 皇家学会里的
Oh, er, I have arranged to meet with some mathematicians
数学家会面
at the Royal Society,
但如果你想 我也可以留下
but if you want I could stay and help you.
不用了 我能处理
No, I can manage.
我想 我想和你谈谈
I want, I want to have a word with you.
在没有女人打扰的地方
With no women around.
到往科堡的人络绎不绝
People are coming to Coburg all the time
他们都是去参观 英国君主的出生地
to visit the birthplace of the King of England,
厅内有二十八位肌肉男石雕像 支撑着巴洛克风格的灰泥天花板 因此而得名
但我甚至不能 展示巨人♥大♥厅
but I cannot even show them the Hall of Giants
因为屋顶已经漏了
because the roof is leaking
而我付不起修理费
I cannot afford to mend it.
我不是英国君主 爸爸
I am not the King of England, Papa.
但你还是科堡人 阿尔伯特
Ah, but you are still from Coburg, Albert.
你想因出生地而蒙羞吗
Do you want to feel ashamed of your birthplace?
如果您必须在爱好上 花这么多钱...
If you had spent so much on your hobbies...
那我就不再是科堡人了
I would not need to be.
我打扰到你了吗
Am I disturbing you?
恕我无礼 我明白你
Oh, please forgive me, I know how seriously
很认真对待自己的职责
you take your duties.
所以我们必须谈谈未来
Which is why we must talk about the future.
我很期待 育婴室能够被填满
I look forward so much to the time when your nursery is full.
此事很可能
Such possibilities.
但现在 你和阿尔伯特
But now I see in you and Albert
能够实现这些可能性
a chance to fulfil those possibilities.
你是位真正的科堡人 亲爱的
You are a true Coburg, my dear,
你同我们家族 所有女性一样 生育力很强
and like all the women in our family, pleasingly fecund.
只要你生出
The country will be in
威尔士王子后 国家就会安定了
safe hands when you produce a Prince of Wales,
其中的重要性 就不必我说了
and I don't need to tell you how important that is.
舅舅 您不必说明
No, Uncle, you don't.
那这机器 能执行计算吗
And the machine can carry out these calculations?
是的 阁下 比人脑速度更快
Oh, yes, sir. It's much faster than the human brain.
洛夫莱斯夫人 您能向亲王展示吗
Lady Lovelace, will you show the Prince?
那么 如果您想进行质数运算
So, if you wanted to calculate prime numbers,
就把齿轮拨到这里 然后机器就会...
you set up the cogs here and the machine...
执行运算
will produce the calculation.
这真是...
It's, um...
太棒了
it's beautiful.
如诗一般美 这是天体之音
There's poetry in it, I think. The music of the spheres.
已故著名经济学家 马尔萨斯牧师观察到
As the late noted economist,
马尔萨斯牧师观察到
the Reverend Malthus, has observed,
“人口数量 在不受限制时 成等比增加”
"Population, when unchecked, increases in a geometrical ratio."
等比
Geometrical ratio.
我才不会去问他
I'm not going to ask him.
是的 他知道这是什么意思
Yes, he would know,
但我不会去问他
but I'm not going to ask him.
克利里小姐来这里后
Apparently, Miss Cleary has
似乎就没穿过干净衣物
had no clean linen since she arrived.
您是否知道原因 彭奇先生
I wondered if you knew why, Mr Penge.
我看着像洗衣女仆吗 思科瑞特夫人
Do I look like a laundry maid, Mrs Skerrett?
您看着像记仇的男人
You look like a man who could hold a grudge.
我吗 我可是温和友善 彬彬有礼
Me? But I am sweetness and light itself.
那么 克利里小姐 您从哪里来
So, Miss Cleary, where do you come from?
奇斯威克大学 先生 - 不 我是说
The Chiswick Institute, sir. - No, I mean,
您出生在哪里
where do you really come from?
科克郡 先生
County Cork, sir.
是天主教♥徒♥念经时用的念珠
那么 别让我抓住你拿着念珠
Well, don't let me catch you with a rosary.
王宫里可没有 天主教♥徒♥的立足之地
The Royal Palace is no place for papists.
这里只有 无信仰的老吝啬鬼 彭奇先生
No, only for godless old curmudgeons, Mr Penge.
跟我来 克利里小姐
Come along, Miss Cleary.
是的 这事很复杂
Yes, it's a complicated matter.
或许我该亲自给苏丹写信
Perhaps I should write to the Sultan myself
基♥督♥教圣地 指巴勒斯坦
讨论圣地的保护问题
about the preservation of the Holy Land.
亲王的想法如出一辙 夫人
The Prince had the same notion, Ma'am,
在您患病的时候
while you were indisposed.
恕我打扰 很抱歉我迟到了
Please forgive me, must apologise for my lateness.
我之前在皇家学会
I was at the Royal Society.
英国数学家 发明家兼机械工程师
由于提出了差分机与分♥析♥机的设计概念 被视为计算机先驱
我去看了 查尔斯·巴贝奇的发明
I went to view Charles Babbage's engine designs.
真高兴您去看了 阁下
Oh, I am delighted you went, sir.
那是个迷人的试验 对吧
It's a fascinating experiment, is it not?
确实 您知道吗
Indeed. You know,
洛夫莱斯夫人为我说明
when Lady Lovelace explained to me
他们可以用这台机器
that they can use this machine
进行最复杂的运算时
to do the most complicated calculations,
我必须承认 几乎无法相信
I have to admit I could hardly believe
人类会有如此伟大的创造 - 女数学家吗
a human designed this. - A female mathematician?
皇家学会里只此一人 夫人
Only one, Ma'am, at the Royal Society,
洛夫莱斯夫人 是一位特别的女性
but Lady Lovelace, she's an exceptional woman.
他们正在做的模型 潜力无穷
The model that they are building, it has so much potential.
如果巴贝奇的主张正确
If Babbage's claims are true,
终有一天 计算机器
then one day computing machines
能够替代人类 完成运算工作
will be able to do the work of men.
我们要竭尽所能 助他们一臂之力
We should do everything that we can to advance their work.
这对国家的未来至关重要
It's so important for the future of this country.
我们应该在王宫里
We should have a soiree
为杰出的人才 举办一场晚会
here at the Palace for these remarkable minds.
您认为呢 罗伯特爵士 - 非常棒的主意 夫人
What do you think, Sir Robert? - A splendid idea, Ma'am.
君王应该展现 自己对
The Crown should be seen to be taking an interest
科学研究的兴趣
in the scientific life of the nation.
我赞同
I agree.
或许我们应该 募集其他人才
Perhaps we should sprinkle some other talents
来启发科学家们 阿尔佛雷德勋爵
to leaven the scientists. Lord Alfred?
最为著名的浪漫主义芭蕾舞演员之一
也许拉塔廖尼 会愿意来献舞
Perhaps La Taglioni would dance for us?
太好了
Yes, wonderful.
您来挑选科学家吧 德拉蒙德阁下
And you could pick the scientists, Mr Drummond?
我很荣幸 夫人
With pleasure, Ma'am.
您喜欢肖邦 库克小姐
You like Chopin, Miss Coke.
这是您弹奏的曲子吗
Uh, is that what you're playing?
感觉就像月光
It sounded like moonlight.
优美但却忧郁
Beautiful but melancholy.
您弹钢琴吗
Do you play?
我只会跳乡村舞
I know enough country dances
为了晚宴之后 给客人助兴
to keep the company entertained after dinner.
那我们必须试试二重奏
Well, we must try a duet some time.
威廉敏娜 你怎么在这里闲逛
Wilhelmina, why are you loitering?
我刚在听音乐 姑母 是肖邦的曲子
Uh, I was just listening to the music, Aunt. Chopin.
肖邦似乎对你的气色
Who seems to have a most
没什么好影响
unfortunate effect upon your complexion.
你脸红得像个草莓
You look like a strawberry.
女王想请您
The Queen asked if you could make
为文化交流晚会 做一些草莓派
some strawberry tarts for the cultural evening.
她近来很喜欢 吃这道甜品
剧集 | 维多利亚(2016) | 导航列表