and promised her that I would not fail,
你是说我故意撒谎吗
are you saying that I would deliberately lie?
阿道夫 你不会失败的
Adolf, you will not fail!
你那么有天赋
You have a wonderful gift!
看看你画的我 举着这个
Look at the way you’ve captured me holding this...
不好意思 我举的是什么
Sorry, what is this I'm holding?
一把火炬
A torch.
是吗
Really?
-看起来像... -这就是火炬
- It look like a... - It is a torch!
你连姿势都摆不好话都说不明白
And how dare you a man with wicked posture and clumsy syntax
还胆敢评论我的作品
pass judgement on my work!
我失控了
I am not myself.
这座城市会污染人的心灵
This city pollutes the mind.
你知道吗 维也纳有个医生
Do you know that there's a doctor here in Vienna
他觉得所有男人都想跟母亲上♥床♥
who believed that all men wish to lay with his mother.
连医生都这样
He's a doctor!
我们就活在这种污秽中
This is the filth that we live amongst,
你明白吗
do you understand?!
是的 大概吧
Yes, I think so.
是什么使罗马落入西哥特人之手
What is it that made Rome fall to the Visigoths?
骄傲自大 是的
Arrogance? Complacency? Yes.
但最主要的是堕落 贪婪 色♥欲♥
But above all it was decadence, avarice and lust.
这座城市里罪恶如瘟疫蔓延
Vices are the plague of this city,
就像得性病的娼妓身上的疖子
like a boil on the skin of a pox-ridden whore.
有个毒瘤在腐蚀人心
There's a cancer here that corrupts the souls of men.
对 我现在懂了 我们该走了
Yes, I understand now. We should go.
不 我们必须再看一遍
No, we must look again.
看啊 你看到了什么
There! What do you see?
我看到了树木 草地
I see trees, grass,
一位戴着新式帽子的女士
a lady with new fitting bonnet
你看到了一处空地 等待着被
You see a space waiting to be filled with
一座博物馆占据
a museum!
一座为北欧传奇而建造的宫殿
A palace dedicated to the myths of Nordic legends
隐身铁匠韦兰 《沃尔松格传说》
Weiland, Völsunga,
瓦格纳的《尼伯龙根之戒》
The Ringcycle of Wagner.
细节画得真好
Details are exclusive.
-大理石狮子 -那是马
- The marble lions... - They are horses!
我为什么要跟你讨论这种事
Why do I even discuss these things with you?!
你又一次不知道我在说什么 毁了我的兴致
Yet again you have failed to read my view!
先生们
Gentlemen!
耽误你们点时间 帮我们调停争执
A moment of your time to settle a dispute.
要是和艺术有关的话 你还是问问我朋友吧
If it is of the subject of art, then perhaps you consult my friend.
如果你能在卡尔斯广场建一座雕塑
If you could erect a statue in the Karlsplatz,
来纪念一位艺术家 你会选谁
and dedicate it to someone in the art, who would it be?
没有对错之分 所以发自内心就好
Now, there's no right or wrong answers, so speak from the heart.
贝多芬
Beethoven?
贝多芬
Beethoven!
我就说吧
I told you!
你帮我赢了50克朗 来跟我们一起喝咖啡吧
You helped me won 50 kronen. Come, you will take coffee with us.
原来你是音乐家啊
So you're musician!
我就知道
I knew it!
你演奏什么乐器
What do you play?
钢琴 小提琴 中提琴 有时还吹短号♥
Piano, violin and viola, sometimes the cornet.
我不想自吹自擂
I do not wish to boast.
麦克斯 麦克斯
Max, Max!
把小提琴拿过来
Fetch your violin!
不不不 不行
No, no, no, no! I couldn't!
你是太谦虚了 先生
No, you're too humble, sir!
你必须给我们拉一曲
You will play us a tune!
我朋友阿道夫是个艺术家
My friend Adolf is quite the artist.
是吗 你画什么
Really? What do you paint?
我画真♥相♥和装相之间的永恒的挣扎
I paint the eternal struggle between truth and pretention.
-他... -他画画的技术特别好
- He's... - He's got quite a wonderful technique.
自学成才
Self-taught.
像梵高那样吗
Like Van Gogh?
我瞧不起梵高
I despise Van Gogh.
把天空画成绿色 草地画成蓝色的人
Anyone who paints the sky green and the grass blue
都应该被绝育
should be sterilized!
来吧
Come!
奥古斯特 给我们拉一曲
August! Play us a tune!
一个月后
我亲爱的古斯特 你今天过得如何
My dear Gustl, how was your day?
挺好的 谢谢
Good, thank you.
这是什么
What's this?
是送你的礼物
It is a gift for you.
我送的
From me.
你怎么买♥♥得起这个
How could you afford this?
我有一些存款
I have some savings.
应该说有过
Or rather had.
但你喜欢这个
But it pleases you.
非常喜欢
Very much!
谢谢你 我亲爱的...
Thank you, my dear...
假如你想成为指挥家
If you are to become a great conductor,
那你光会拉中提琴可不够
you must know more than just a viola.
古斯特 我送你这个礼物还有一个原因
Gustl, there is another reason for this gift.
我尽量说得委婉一些吧
I felt I might soften the blow I'm about to land.
你最近花了大量时间和你的新朋友待在一起
You have of late spending some considerable time with your new friends.
他们也是你的朋友 阿道夫
Our new friends, Adolf.
虽然我不想惹你烦恼
And... whilst I do not wish to cause you to distress,
但我必须告诉你他们一直在嘲笑你
I must tell you that they have been mocking you.
什么
What?
他们觉得你土里土气的很滑稽
They find your provincial ways to be... comical.
我听见他们在模仿你
I heard them mimicking you.
嘲笑你那十分有限的词汇量
Laughing at your limited vocabulary.
你什么时候听说的
When did you hear this?
昨天
Yesterday.
实际上 还有前天
And in fact, the day before.
好几次
Several times.
你应该宁愿我告诉了你吧
You would rather I told you this?
作为你最亲爱的 认识最久的老友
As your dearest and oldest friend?
是的
Yes.
我们住在一个满是奸诈之人的城市里
We live in a city of vipers.
这里缺乏信任
Trust is in short supply.
当然了 这间房♥间里情况不一样
Though, not of course in this room.
你慢慢练习 古斯特
You have your time, Gustl.
也许有一天你就能指挥维也纳爱乐乐团了
You may one day lead the Vienna Philharmonic.
但眼下我建议你不要分心理那帮人
But for now, I suggest that you avoid the distractions of other people
专心于你的音乐
and dedicate yourself to your music.
来吧 弹吧
Come, play.
阿道夫·希♥特♥勒♥
大艺术家
1907年 冬天
好啊 古斯特
Good day, Gustl.
你有买♥♥食物吗
Did you buy any food?
我们快没存粮了
We're running very low.
没关系 我们出去吃
No matter, we're dining out.
你有宴会西服吗
Do you own a dinner suit?
没有
No.
那我们应该租一件
Then we should have to hire one!
今天我遇到了一个和我相似的灵魂
Today I met a kindred spirit.
我在公园画素描时 他过来赞美了我的作品
I was sketching the park, when he complemented my work.
我们就许多事物交换了意见
We conversed a variety of subject
谈天说地 从艺术说到社会福利房♥ 还有
from art to social housing and
节育
birth-control!
你会想见他的 他跟我们一模一样
You will want him. He's exactly like us!
当然了 医院是很重要
Of course, hospitals are important,
但博物馆也是
but so are museums.
人的灵魂中充满文化就不会生病了
No man could ever go sick with culture in his soul.
说得太对了 我完全同意
Absolutely, I couldn't agree more.
你吃得怎么样 奥古斯特 需要我再给你拿点别的吗
How was your dinner, August? Can I get you anything else?
很好吃 谢谢 先生
It's delicious, thank you, sir.
不过你既然好心问了 那我们喝点红酒吧
Though since you ask, some wine, perhaps?
我不喝酒 我觉得喝酒