我搞砸了
I screwed up.
我把仅有的工作弄丢了
I lost the only job I ever had.
我女朋友跟别人跑了
My girlfriend ran away with another man.
连我妈都盼着我走
Even my mama says she wants me gone.
不 她只是想让你离开家 而不是让你跳楼
No, she just wanted you out of the house, Joe, not upon this ledge.
下来吧 我们去和她谈谈
Come on down, we go talk to her.
没用的 拳王 我妈不爱我
It's no point, Champ. My mum doesn't love me.
她觉得我活着是在浪费空气
She says I'm wasting air.
不 她这么说是因为她爱你
No, she says that because she loves you.
她希望你得到更多 变得更好
She wants you to be more, she wants you to be better.
妈妈特别清楚你在想什么
That's what mothers do, they get inside your head.
"要论跟你玩心理战 妈妈比重量级选手厉害"
"Mothers have more mind tricks than a heavyweight contender."
乔治·福尔曼说的
Said George Foreman.
心理战对他无效 因为他缺根筋
he ain't got no mind tricks cause he ain't got a mind.
不 我妈说得对
No, my ma's right.
我一无是处
I'm nothing.
拜托 你这话是不是说得太早了
Come on. Are you too young to say you're nothing?
-你多大了 乔 -21岁
- How old are you, Joe? - 21.
才21岁
21.
才21岁 乔 你前途无量
21. Joe, you got your whole life ahead of you.
21岁就断定自己一无是处吗
21 ain't no where to say you're nothing.
你得奥♥运♥会金牌时多大
How old were you when you won Olympic gold?
多大啊 拳王
How old, Champ?
18岁
I was 18.
18岁就拿到金牌 真了不起
An Olympic gold at 18. That is something.
没错 但我只承认这么一次
Yes, it is. And I admit this only for this conversation:
我17岁时对于整个世界也一无是处
When I was 17, to the whole world I was still a nobody.
我现在30多岁快40了我还是同一个人
And now I'm 39...mid-30s, I'm still the same guy.
在你的观念里你一直是拳王
But you've always been the Champ in your head.
在你的观念里你一直会赢
In your head you're always gonna win.
而我一直是个失败者
And mine has always been a loser.
你知道我为什么是冠军吗 乔
No, you know why I'm a winner, Joe?
我能赢是因为我是个斗士
I'm a winner because I'm a fighter.
我可不像你是个斗士 拳王
I ain't a fighter like you, Champ.
不 我们每个人都是斗士
No, we are all fighters.
要是你被打倒在地
If you get knocked down,
你就重新再站起来一次
you just have to get back up that one more time.
就这样
That's how you gotta do.
重新站起来一次
Just get back up that one more time.
你可以为我做到吗 乔
Now can you do that for me, Joe?
你能再站起来一次吗
Can you get back up that one more time?
对不起 拳王
Sorry, Champ.
乔 别啊
Joe, come on. Joe, Joe, Joe.
别跳 乔
Don't do it! Joe!
乔
Joe!
谁啊
Who is that?
是警♥察♥
It's the police.
他们干什么
What're they doing?
他们在猛敲安全门 乔
They're banging on the fire escape door, Joe.
告诉他们别来烦我们
Tell them leave us alone!
他们是警♥察♥ 我们是被锁在门后的两个黑人
They're the police, and we're two niggas behind the locked door.
他们不会走开的 乔
They ain't gonna leave us alone, Joe.
你去跟他们说 你是阿里
You tell'em! You're Ali!
我不去
I ain't doing that.
为什么
Why not?
因为我不知道等我回来时你是不是还在这
'Cause I don't know if you're gonna be here when I get back.
我答应你 我一定在
Well, I promise I will.
我能信得过你吗 乔
And how I know I can trust you, Joe?
你能信得过我吗 你会的
How can you trust me? I'll tell you how you can trust me.
因为我是乔
'Cause I'm Joe.
所以你得相信我
That's how you can trust me.
好吧 乔
Ok, Joe.
我相信你
I trust you.
你们想干什么
What do you want?
开门 拳王 我们想跟你谈谈
Open the door, Champ. We wanna talk to you.
别担心 我们不会攻击你们的
Don't worry, we're not gonna charge at you two.
不 你们想怎么攻击我都行
No, you feel free to charge at me.
不过我得警告你们
Although I warn you,
我仅用一只手就放倒过比你壮50倍的人
I've knocked men 50 times uglier than you with one hand.
你们干什么
Now what do you want?
他要跳了 拳王
He's gonna jump, Champ.
你得换我们再试试其他方法了
You got to let us take another shot.
你已经试过了 阿里
You had a crack, Ali.
你的任务完成了[你完蛋了]You're done.
轮不着你告诉我我的任务完成[完蛋]了
Nobody tells me when I'm done.
还有 你得叫我穆♥罕♥默♥德♥·阿里先生
And it's Mr. Muhammad Ali to you.
阿里先生 您已经努力了
Mr. Ali, you've tried.
但您得让专家再试试了
But you have to let the expert back in.
他是专家吗 哪方面的
He an expert? In what exactly?
但你知道吗 我也是专家
'Cause I don't know if you've heard, but I'm an expert, too.
我的专长就是帮黑人兄弟重拾自尊
I'm an expert in giving a black man back his dignity.
这就是我的专长
That's my expertise.
你还有更厉害的本事吗
But if you've got something better?
我接受过18个月的谈判技巧培训
Well, I took negotiate training classes for 18 months.
我都当了39年黑人了
And I've been a black man for 39 years.
要这么说也没错
When he puts it like that.
我还没认输呢 先生们
I ain't throwing a towel yet, gentlemen.
如果不介意 我要回去拯救我兄弟了
So if you don't mind, I'm going back to saving my brother.
我和乔准备好了 就下去
Me and Joe will be down, when me and Joe are ready.
他们走了吗
They gone?
走了 再不会来烦我们了
Yeah, they ain't gonna bother us no more.
所以你欠我个人情
So now I guess you owe me.
我不会下去的 拳王
I ain't coming down, Champ.
好吧 但你要回答我一个问题
Ok, but I want you to answer just one question for me.
好吧
Yeah, alright.
-为什么是今天 乔 -什么意思
- Why today, Joe? - What?
为什么你在今天来这儿
Why you're up here today?
为什么今天想要这样做
What made you do this today?
大概因为我今天早晨醒来后
I guess I woke up this morning and
想不到不来的理由了
I couldn't think of a single reason not to.
-所以你是失去意义了 -什么
- So are saying to me is that you're missing a purpose? - A what?
每件事物都有意义 每个人都有意义
Everything in life has a purpose. And every man has a purpose.
了解这种意义 才能让人更好地体验生活
And it's the knowing of that purpose that helps every soul for feeling.
-你相信这种说法吗 -我相信
- You believe that? - Yes, I do.
-每个人都是吗 -每个人都是
- Everyone? - Everyone.
好吧
Ok.
如果是这样
If that's the case,
下面那喊得最欢的秃子的意义是什么
what's that hollering bald man's purpose?
很简单
That's easy.
他的意义是长了一张让我揍的丑脸
His purpose is to get his ugly face to get punched by me.
那我的意义是什么 拳王
And what's my purpose, Champ?
我无法回答
I can't answer that.
我料到了 我也不知道
I thought so. Me either.
但你肯定有意义 乔
But you've got one, you've got one, Joe.
不过我们得弄清你的意义是什么
We just need to figure out what it is.
不如你下来跟我回家 咱们一起研究清楚
Why don't you come back to my house so we could work on it together?
如果最后发现我没有呢
What if we figure out I ain't got a purpose?
那我就再把你带回来 亲自把你扔下去
Then I'll bring you back here and throw you off the ledge myself.
你有意义的
You got one.
每个人都有 它就活在你身体里
Everyone got one. It's a living, breathing thing inside you.
那你的意义呢
Then what's yours?
众所周知
Well, everyone know that.
成为世界重量级拳王
To be the heavyweight champion in the world.
不可能 你已经是了
Well, it can't be. You're already there.
不 我得把金腰带夺回来
No, I got to get the Belt back.
我要成为首个四夺重量级世界拳王的人
I'm gotta be the first ever four-time world heavyweight champion.
听起来怎么样
How does that sound?
听起来就像当时你说
It sounds like when you said you were gonna be
你要成为首位三夺重量级世界拳王的人
the first ever three-time world heavyweight champion.
只不过再多赢一次而已
It's just one more.
就像我说的 如果你被打倒