剧集 | 新贵(2016) | 导航列表
新贵 第二季第五集
小心我的尖刺
威廉的伦敦住所
宝特姆 把锤子和凿子拿来
Bottom, bring me a hammer and a cold chisel.
这个馅饼太硬了 精灵鞋匠能用这碎屑
This pie crust be so tough, pixie cobblers could use the crumbs
装饰小精灵的舞鞋了
to fashion the fairies' dancing shoes.
欢迎您自己做个馅饼试试
Could always try cooking a pie yourself,
- 当然 - 是的 宝特姆
- Of course. - Yes, Bottom.
或者第三种方法
Or a third way would be
我雇一个技能与
for me to employ a servant whose skill set
实际工作内容更加相符一点的仆人
comes slightly closer to matching their job description.
给您把更锋利的小刀吧 莎士比亚先生
Let me bring you a sharper knife, Mr Shakespeare.
别动 先生 闪避 前进 停下
Hold, sirrah! Parry! Advance! Hold!
舞台打斗是演员各项技能中的关键
Stage fighting is a key skill in the actor's armoury.
没错 这技能
Hmm. Yes. For "Skill",
就是两个装腔作势的自恋狂
read "Two mincing preeners slowly circling each other
在偶尔的剑刃碰撞时
While occasionally hitting
缓缓地互相围着转圈
their swords together with a big clang."
激动人心啊
So exciting!
我知道你渴望扮演我
I know you long to play the ingenue
未完成偶像剧里的无邪少女
in my still unfinished teen romance,
但是女孩是被禁止演戏的
but girls be banned from acting.
但是显而易见
But it's so obvious that
真正的女孩扮演女孩会更好
real girls would be better at playing girls.
是的 因为那样就更有逻辑了 不是吗
Yeah, cos that's just really logical, isn't it?
是的
Um, yes.
可能你觉得我们应让真正的皇帝扮演皇帝
Maybe you think we should get real kings to play the kings,
或者真正的古罗马人扮演古罗马人
or real ancient Romans to play the ancient Romans.
那不是一个意思
That's not quite the same.
或者真正的女巫扮演女巫
Or real witches to play the witches.
- 我明白你想 - 真正的圣乔治参演
- I get what you are trying... - A real St George
圣乔治和龙
for St George and the dragon.
还有真龙
And a real dragon.
真正的军队参演战争
Real armies for the battles.
真正的精灵参演魔法森林
Real fairies for the enchanted woods.
而特修斯与牛头人...
Theseus and the Minotaur...
你上哪弄个牛头人去
Where are we going to find a Minotaur?
好了 好了 宝特姆 我明白了
Yes, all right, Bottom, I get it.
那你也知道我是对的了
And you know I'm right, too.
除此以外 女孩在台上
Besides which, a girl on stage
无非就是淫词浪曲
would be nothing but a proslington and a whoreslap.
哈 又一个天才的争论 宝特姆
Ha! Another brilliant argument, Bottom.
因为扮演去世女王的角色所提供的
Because delivering blank verse in the character of a dead queen
无韵诗显然只是
is obviously just code for,
"你好 乖乖 四分之一便士
"Hello, ducks, I'll fondle your
我给你撸一管"的暗号♥
fandangles for a farthing."
吵架讲脏话是没有用的
Dirty talk won't win your argument.
完成您的偶像剧吧 莎士比亚先生
Finish your great teen romance, Mr Shakespeare.
让我来演朱丽叶吧
Let me be your Juliet.
不行 撇开其他不说
No, Kate. Quite apart from anything else,
我只是觉得公众不会想看到一个爱情故事
I just don't think the public wants to see a love story.
当然不能像你那个《维洛那二绅士》
Certainly not one like your Two Gentlemen Of Verona,
男主角无♥耻♥地欺骗了女主角
where the hero brazenly cheats on the heroine
你还让她嫁给了那个混账王八蛋
and yet you have her marry the hornsome bastable anyway.
我需要个圆♥满♥结局
I needed a happy ending.
如果您能顺应情节和角色的发展
Well, it might have been nice
而不是在最后胡编乱造
if it had developed out of plot and character
它应该会很圆♥满♥
instead of simply being nailed on at the end.
我发誓 那女人是对的
I' faith, the maid is right.
我的确在最后胡编乱造
I did just nail it on at the end.
我只希望我胡编的那节诗能足够隐晦
I canst only hope that the verse with which I nailed it
让后辈能相信
be so obscure that future generations
我天资聪慧
trusting in my genius,
觉得只是他们笨蛋而错过了什么东西
will just think they're being stupid and have missed something.
听着 我很抱歉 凯特
Look, I'm sorry, Kate.
我知道你想扮演朱丽安 - 朱丽叶
I know you want to play Julian. - Juliet.
如我所说 朱丽叶
As I said, Juliet.
我也很乐意看到这场演出
And I would love to see the play performed,
但是 你懂得 剧本永远都在写
but, as you know, it's a work in progress.
已经有个男女主角一起死的结局
I've got my double-death ending,
但是还有很多别的没写
but much else remains unwrit.
比如说 那个讨喜的护士需要更多的台词
For instance, I need a lot more lines for the amusing nurse.
不 别那样做 大人
No! Don't do it, master.
少点台词 相信我 凯特给我读了点
Less lines, trust me. Kate read me a bit.
那个护士让我神经紧张
The nurse really gets on my nerves.
她没完的叽叽歪歪
She could be getting a teeny bit irritating
有点让人生厌 莎士比亚先生
with her endless clucky-duckiness, Mr Shakespeare.
所以她需要更多的台词
Which is why she needs more lines.
你懂我的 抓住一个笑点玩命挖掘
You know my rule. If you're in a comedy hole, keep digging.
我现在不会那样做
I'm not going to do it now.
它是偶像剧 我不能随便安排
It's a romance, and I can't risk
一些亲亲抱抱
a kissy-wissy,
然后上下其手 颠鸾倒凤的
gropey-pokey load of soply old
老掉牙桥段来毁了我的戏
mushington right now.
我的下部戏必会是轰动 你清楚我的梦想
My next play must be a smasheroo. You know my dream.
作为有史以来不置可否的
To be recognised now and for all time
最伟大作家永垂不朽
as indisputably the greatest writer that ever lived,
在斯特拉特福德买♥♥套第二大的房♥子
and to buy the second-biggest house in Stratford.
没错 简言之 就是那样
Exactly. That's it in a nutshell.
"在坚果壳里" 那是什么意思
In a nutshell? What does that mean?
那时我平时杜撰的
Oh, 'tis one of the numerous inspired phrases
无数即兴短语之一
which I am wont to coin
我确信它会成为常用习语
and which I'm confident will enter the common idiom.
好吧 祝"在坚果壳里"好运
Well, good luck with "In a nutshell",
In a nutshell 简而言之 总的来说
因为我觉得它很蠢
cos I think it's stupid.
我是说 坚果壳里根本
I mean, you couldn't
里什么都放不进去
really get anything at all inside a nutshell,
因为它们非常非常小
cos they are very, very small...
还装满了坚果
and also full of nut.
看字面就知道
The clue is in the name.
你的洞察力 宝特姆 一无是处
Your observations, Bottom, are... neither here nor there.
- 另一个短语 - 对 刚想出来的
- Is that another one? - Yes, just invented it.
要说会讲话 这世上其他人跟我比都算哑巴
When it comes to language, the world's mine oyster.
实际上 我这么聪明 我能以太
In fact, I'm so clever, I could end up with...
多美好收尾
too much of a good thing.
- 或者你该歇歇了 - 停不下来
- Maybe you should stop now. - Can't.
它们就是忽然浮现脑海
They just pop up all of a sudden,
但平心而论
but give the devil his due,
我的疯狂是有技巧的
there's method in my madness.
- 真的 住口吧 - 为什么
- Really, stop it. - Why?
毫无疑问 它们会让您眼花缭乱
'Tis a foregone conclusion that they'll leave you bedazzled
如坐针毡
and in stitches
不久以后你会感到呼吸愈加困难
and before long you'll be demanding more with bated breath.
世界就是您的牡蛎
The world's your oyster?
为什么那是好事
Why would that be a good thing?
有些隐晦 管他呢 我要破坏我清白的名声
Tad obscure. What the dickens? I'll spoil my spotless reputation.
累了吧 我眼都没眨过
Must be tired. I didn't... sleep one wink.
如果我不小心 你会让我瞎忙活一通
If I'm not careful, you'll send me packing on a wild goose chase
然后人间蒸发或者死翘翘
and I'll vanish into thin air or be dead as a doornail.
闭嘴
Stop it!
我认真的
I really mean it.
您非常聪明 莎士比亚先生
You're very clever, Mr Shakespeare,
但却是个糟糕的炫耀者
but you can be an awful show-off.
但是有优良的品德
But with... A heart of gold.
没有 就是爱炫
No! Just a show-off!
啊 问题就在这里
Aye, there's the rub.
闭嘴
Stop it!
实际上 我碰巧知道 "死翘翘"
And actually, I happen to know you didn't originate the phrase
- 并不是源自您 - 就是我
- "Dead as a doornail". - I bloomin' did.
不是您 是威廉·朗格兰在他的
You bloomin' didn't. William Langland did
中古英语寓言叙事诗农夫皮尔斯里编造的
in his Middle English allegorical narrative poem Piers Plowman.
剧集 | 新贵(2016) | 导航列表