剧集 | 与摩根·弗里曼一起穿越虫洞(2010) | 导航列表
我们孤独存在的可能性不大
for us to be alone.
我们没有证据表明
We have no evidence one way or the other
除了地球不存在智慧生物
of any life beyond Earth, let alone intelligent life.
因此,我的想法是等等看
Therefore, my feeling about it is we wait and see.
在找到证据之前
I've got to be skeptical
我是个怀疑论者
until I get some evidence otherwise.
那是什么,爸?
What's that, pa?
什么玩意儿这么吵?
What's all the racket?
我发现如果答案是不,那实在是难以理解
I would find it incomprehensible that the answer would be no.
如果答案是不
If it was no,
那可会是很惊人的信息
that would be an amazing bit of information to have.
我的意思是,即使知道我们是多么罕见
I mean, even understanding how rare we are, you know,
也许那些距离非常遥远的
that maybe intelligent life like we might understand it
像我们的智慧生物可能也懂得
is very, very far away from us
这赋予了我们一个极大的责任
puts an incredible responsibility on us.
所有的突发事件、地球、人类、被控制的智力
All the sudden, Earth, humans, directed intelligence
变的极其的宝贵
becomes incredibly precious.
我们搜寻外星人的工作
Our search for E.T.
已经持续了半个世纪
has been going on for half a century.
但是宇宙是个很大的空间
But the universe is a very big place,
要解下它的神秘面纱,我们只是刚上路
and we've only just started to unravel its mysteries.
如果你在海洋里舀一杯水
If you dip a glass in the ocean, and you look at it,
里面没有鱼,你会做出何种结论?
and your glass has no fish, what's your conclusion?
你的结论会是
Is your conclusion
海洋里没有鱼吗?
that the ocean doesn't have any fish in it?
或者你的结论是“这是个超大的海
Or is your conclusion, "that's an awfully big ocean,
我并没有舀到足够的水”
and I didn't sample very much of it with my glass?"
对宇宙海洋来说,50年的探索
50 years of exploration of the cosmic oceans
只是毛毛雨
is miniscule.
我们还没有开始看,我们只是刚刚开始搜索
We haven't looked yet. We've hardly begun to search.
在得出任何结论之前
We ought to do a much better job of searching
我们需要完成更好的工作
before we draw any extraordinary conclusions.
生命原料
The building blocks of life
在宇宙中传播
are spread all around the universe.
很难想象它们没有在其中一个行星中上
It's hard to imagine they haven't taken root
生根发芽,开枝散叶
in one of the countless other planets out there.
会有我们认为的
Is any of that life
智慧生物吗?
what we would consider intelligent?
如果外星文明存在
And if alien civilizations are out there,
它们又为什么如此安静?
why are they so quiet?
也许它们的信♥号♥♥还在路上
Maybe their signals are still on the way,
也许它们使用我们无法理解的科技
or maybe they use technology we don't understand,
又或者
or...
它们不存在
They may not be there at all.
我们一无所知
We just don't know.
但是一件事是肯定的
But one thing is certain.
如果我们找到地外生命
If we find life outside of Earth,
这会深刻的改变
it will profoundly change
我们看待生命和自身的方式
the way we look at life and ourselves.
就在此时,我们拥有希望和梦想
In the meantime, we have our hopes and dreams...
还有宇宙的沉默
And the silence of the cosmos.
剧集 | 与摩根·弗里曼一起穿越虫洞(2010) | 导航列表