剧集 | 一记耳光(美版)(2015) | 导航列表
Listen to me.
我知道我保证过
I know I promised you
不会针对他们进行人身攻击
that I would not go after these people personally,
但是我也保证过不让哈里进监狱
but I also promised that I would keep Harry out of jail.
现在你对我接下来的策略还有意见吗?
Now, are you okay with me doing what I have to do?
这桩案子你已经快输了
You're going to lose this case.
想让我帮你打赢吗?
Do you want me to win it?
做你应该做的吧
Do whatever you have to.
维什勒女士
Mrs. Weschler,
你和丈夫结婚多长时间了?
how long have you and your husband been married?
九年
Nine years.
你的丈夫曾经有过酗酒的问题
And your husband has had a history of alcohol issues,
是这样吗?
is that not so?
反对
Objection.
法官大人 我觉得这和本案无关
I don't see how this is relevant, Your Honor.
法官大人 非常不幸的是
Unfortunately, Your Honor,
这正是本案的关键所在
it is very much to the heart of the matter.
在她的陈述中
In her statement,
维什勒女士称她的孩子
Mrs. Weschler claims that her child suffers
在那次事件中受到了伤害
trauma from the incident,
但是我认为那次事件本身
but I think that the incident itself
并不能说明所有问题
does not tell the whole story
事实上
of what, in fact,
在小雨果·维什勒的生活中
is happening in the life of young Hugo Weschler.
他所成长的环境里会有些...
He is being raised surrounded by...
不
No.
不是有些 恐怕
He is within a culture
他完全就在酗酒的环境中成长
of very serious drinking, I am afraid.
那么说不公平也不准确
That isn't fair or accurate.
因此 法官大人 我的观点是
And so it is my contention, Your Honor,
如果雨果的父母能看管好孩子
that had Hugo's parents been more in control,
这件事就不会发生
this never would have happened.
反对 这仅仅是你方的推测
Objection. Calls for speculation.
法官大人 没有任何确凿证据显示
Your Honor, in the absence of any concrete evidence
我的当事人当时不是在保护自己的儿子
that my client was not protecting his own son,
事实上
which is, in fact, the case,
我正在试图还原
I am trying to create a picture
这件事发生之前的情境
of the conditions precedent to the event itself.
继续
Go ahead.
维什勒女士
Mrs. Weschler,
那天
on that day,
你喝酒了吗?
were you drinking at all?
喝了 是红酒
Well, I mean, yes. It was wine.
红酒
Wine.
好的 红酒
Okay. Wine.
你能回忆起当时自己喝了多少杯酒吗?
And do you happen to recall how many glasses of wine you had?
呃 好像
Um, if...
三杯吧 可能是四杯
Three, maybe four.
三杯 也可能是四杯酒
Three, maybe four glasses of wine.
你还在用母乳喂孩子 对吗?
And you are still breast-feeding, aren't you?
是的
Yes. I am.
维什勒女士 你还用母乳喂养的方式
Mrs. Weschler, do you breast-feed your son
哄你的儿子入睡吗?
to help him get to sleep?
是的
Yes.
即使在喝了三杯或者四杯酒的情况下还是这样?
Even after consuming three or four alcoholic drinks?
我不会...
I wouldn't...
我不会直接喂他
I wouldn't feed him straight away.
我不会的...不...
I wouldn't...Not...
你在户外烧烤的某个时候
And you breast-fed Hugo at the barbecue
给雨果喂奶了 对不对?
at certain points, did you not?
是的
Yes, I did.
一两次 还是更多?
More than once, twice?
非常抱歉 但是你必须回答这个问题
I'm sorry, but you have to answer the question
它会被当做证词记录在案
so that it's on the record.
是的 两次以上
Yes, more than twice.
维什勒女士
Mrs. Weschler,
你知道在安全喂奶之前
do you know how long it takes to metabolize
需要多长时间
three or four glasses of wine
才能消化掉体内的三到四杯酒吗?
before it is safe to breast-feed the child?
根据梅奥医学中心的说法 要几个小时
Several hours, according to Mayo Clinic.
甚至可能长达12个小时
Maybe even up to 12.
我知道这很艰难 抱歉
I know this is very difficult, and I'm sorry,
但是我必须问你这个问题
but I just have to ask you this:
你能告诉我你的丈夫在那天喝了多少杯吗?
Can you tell me how many drinks your husband consumed that day?
我没算加里喝了多少酒
I don't count Gary's drinks.
为什么呢?
And why is that?
我只是...我...
I just... I...
那样不好...
It's not good to...
什么...你认为是否超过三杯呢?
What... Do you think maybe more than three?
或许吧
He might have.
是的 三杯以上
Yes, he would have.
那么...
So...
那时谁在看管孩子呢?
Who was supervising your child?
我们当时在户外烧烤
We were at a barbecue.
有很多成年人在场
There were lots of adults.
我们都会照顾孩子
We all take care of the kids.
呃 我想
Um, I think...
里奇当时正教他们玩球
I think Richie was helping them with the ball game.
里奇 啊 对了 里奇
Richie. Ah, yes, Richie.
是保姆的一个朋友 法官大人
A friend of the babysitter, Your Honor.
但是 你和你的丈夫那天并没有商量
But neither you nor your husband decided not to drink that day
谁喝酒或者谁不喝
so that at least one of you
来空出一个人照看孩子 对吗?
could adequately supervise your child.
法官大人 可以请证人
Your Honor, could the witness please be directed
正面回答这个问题吗?
to answer the question?
维什勒女士 你必须回答问题
Mrs. Weschler, you're obliged to answer.
我们没谈过这个问题
We hadn't talked about it.
就是...就是默认了
It was just... It was understood.
默认是什么意思?
What was understood?
我们都会照顾雨果
That we would both look after Hugo.
我说过了 那是个户外烧烤
I mean, it was a barbecue.
但是你们做到了吗?
But did you?
你们照看好自己的孩子了吗?
Did you take care of your child?
维什勒女士
Mrs. Weschler,
当你的孩子还是个婴儿的时候 你是否抛弃过他?
did you abandon your child when he was just an infant?
反对
Objection.
法官大人 这很重要
Your Honor, this is very relevant.
这和当时孩子的...
It was to do with the environment...
反对
Objection.
这和当时孩子的...
It was to do with the environment...
反对
Objection.
成长环境有关
In which that child grew up.
反对
Objection.
成长环境有关
In which that child grew up.
在他七个月大的时候 你开车到很远的地方
You abandoned your child when he was seven months old.
抛弃了你的孩子
And you drove hours away.
在他最需要你的时候遗弃了他!
You left your child when he needed you the most!
反对有效!
Objection sustained!
你不必回答那个问题
You don't have to answer that.
我问完了 法官大人 我方没有问题了
We're done, Your Honor. No further questions.
我有办法解决这件事
I have something that can fix this.
可以上前吗?
Permission to approach?
我请求延期审理
I'd like to request a continuance,
一到两天
a day or two.
为什么?
For what?
引入新的证据
To enter new evidence.
剧集 | 一记耳光(美版)(2015) | 导航列表