Delayed, Sir.
延误了 长官
Captain Forster's dead. Lieutenant Mead also dead.
福斯特上尉牺牲了 米德中尉也牺牲了
Captain Ashburner's injured, Sir!
阿什伯纳上尉负伤了 长官
The others are taking casualties all along the canal.
沿岸一线的其他部队都伤亡惨重
Enemy artillery and machine
敌军的大炮和机♥枪♥
gun fire is greater than expected, Sir.
比预期的要猛烈很多 长官
Just try and hold the bridge, Sir.
尽力坚守这座桥 长官
They said, try and hold the bridge.
总部说 尽力守住这座桥
Go and find out where our heavy guns are
去找找我们的重炮在哪里
and why they're not blowing the fuck out of the enemy.
为什么没有把敌人炸个稀巴烂
Now!
快去
Yeah.
搞定
Come on, Neary, where the hell are you?
快点啊 尼瑞 你到底去哪里了
Holbrook! Are you going to HQ?
霍尔布鲁克 你要去司令部吗
Yeah. You need to hurry up,
是的 你要快点了
there's not many of 'em left!
他们没剩下几个人了
Our line's broken to the east,
东线已经陷落
our artillery's being pulled back.
火炮正在被撤走
There'll be no heavy guns, and no reinforcements.
不会有重炮 也不会有援军了
They said it's a retreat
他们说 这是撤退
It's not a retreat.
不是撤退
It's a tactical withdrawal.
这是战略性回撤
We're not going? Not yet.
我们不撤吗 还没到时候
If they are withdrawing, that makes us the last men.
如果他们撤了 那我们就变成最后坚守防线的人了
We hold this bridge long enough
我们要坚守这座桥
for the rest of the army to get out of Mons.
让剩余的部队有足够的时间撤出蒙斯
Then we go.
然后我们再走
Do you need me to send a message back, sir?
要我把信息传回去吗 长官
I don't need a runner now, Holbrook.
现在我不需要联络员了 霍尔布鲁克
I need you to get in there
我需要你去那边
and grab a rifle and fight alongside your mates.
拿起枪和你的战友并肩作战
See the job done.
完成任务
Go on! Yes, sir!
快去 是 长官
Sir! Sir!
长官 长官
You're good, sir.
你还好 长官
Yeah?
还好吧
Must be more fucked than we thought, sir.
这比我们想象的还要糟糕 长官
Billy's got a rifle.
比利拿了把步♥枪♥
Keep at it.
坚持下去
Reinforcements will be on their way. Just keep fighting.
援军正在路上 继续战斗
Yes, sir!
是 长官
Godley...
戈德利
No!
不
Sir!
长官
We need that machine gun!
我们需要那挺机♥枪♥
Get your heads up, boys!
振作起来 孩子们
Get your heads up.
振作起来
Stand fire and get your heads up.
继续开火 振作起来
Fuck! Fuck!
该死 该死
We're going to lose the gun.
那挺机♥枪♥要报废了
We're going to lose the gun.
那挺机♥枪♥要报废了
Prepare to withdraw.
准备撤退
Get on the gun. Get on the gun!
去用那机♥枪♥ 快去用机♥枪♥
The gun!
机♥枪♥
All right. All right. That's it.
好了 好了 没事了
Look at me. All right?
看着我 好吗
Stay on the gun.
继续开火
The gun!
机♥枪♥
Godley's got it. He's looking after it.
有戈德利在 他在守着呢
You did a bloody good job, Lieutenant.
你干得非常棒 中尉
Nothing else you could have done.
你已经尽全力了
Right. Hold on, mate. Just hold on.
坚持住 伙计 坚持住
Short, controlled bursts.
短射 精确打击
I need to get these men off this line, Godley.
我要让这些人从前线撤下来 戈德利
I can't do that without machine gun cover here.
没有机♥枪♥掩护 我办不到
I can do it, sir. You take the men away.
我能搞定 长官 你带他们撤走
You know what I'm asking you?
你明白 我要让你做什么吗
Someone's got to stay to the end, sir.
总要有人坚守到最后 长官
Thank you, Sid.
谢谢你 希德
I'm sorry, mate.
对不起 伙计
Come on.
来吧
I'll look in on everyone.
我会照顾每个人
I'll let them know you had my back the whole time.
我会让他们知道 是你们一直在做我的后盾
I'll let the boys' families know
我会告诉那些孩子的家人
you did everything you could.
你们尽忠职守
Come on, then!
放马过来吧
Get your men back now, Lieutenant.
快带着大家撤走 中尉
And make sure Billy gets back safe, sir.
要保证比利平安回去 长官
Come on, then!
来吧
Withdraw. Company, withdraw!
撤退 全连听命 撤退
Draw back. Draw back.
撤退 撤退
Draw back! What about Sid, sir?
撤退 希德怎么办 长官
No, sir. We can't leave him.
不 长官 我们不能丢下他
Go on!
继续来啊
Holbrook! Come on!
霍尔布鲁克 快啊
No, sir!
不 长官
It's over. It's over.
结束了 都结束了
Come on, Sid!
快走啊 希德
Sid!
希德
Corporal Jarvis.
我是贾维斯下士
The lad who gave you this... is he dead?
给你这个东西的男孩... 死了吗
Not when I left him, sir. Hurt pretty bad, though.
我离开的时候还没 长官 不过伤势很严重
Where did you leave him?
你把他留在哪里了
Just off the main road, half a mile west.
就在主干道 往西半英里
All right. You want to put your hands over your ears now.
好的 现在用手耳朵捂起来吧
Captain Forster went early.
福斯特上尉早就牺牲了
Mead fell.
米德也死了
Newbury.
纽布利
Tyler, Clark...
泰勒 克拉克
Lieutenant Dease.
迪斯中尉
Sid's not going to make it back either...
希德也回不来了
Is he?
是吗
No.
是的
There'll be medals, sir.
他们会获得勋章 长官
They'll remember the 4th Fusiliers...
他们会铭记火枪兵团第四营
and Mons.
以及蒙斯战役
They'll remember we retreated.
他们会记住的是 我们撤退了
They had too many guns for us.
敌人火力太猛烈了
How are you meant to defend yourself against that?
那种情况下 我们怎么可能抗击敌军呢
"During the action, we lost Lieutenant Maurice Dease,
"在这次行动中 我们失去了莫里斯·迪斯中尉
who also received the VC,
他也获得了维多利亚十字勋章
and I came under the command of Lieutenant Steele,
我接受了斯蒂尔中尉的命令
who then gave orders to remain and hold the position...
他让我坚守阵地
which I did do...
我听命行事
Although I was very badly wounded several times.
尽管我已经身负好几处重伤
But when it was time for me to get away,
当轮到我撤退的时候
I smashed the machine gun up, threw it in the canal
我把机♥枪♥毁了 把它扔进了运河
and then crawled back on to the main road,
然后爬回了主干道
where I was picked up and taken to hospital."
我在那里被人发现 并被送去了医院"
Every soldier thinks about running away.
每个士兵都想过逃跑
There is no greater betrayal.
这是最大的背叛
You could be here instead of there. Noone... I can't.
你可以留下来不去 没人... 不行
You and your pals knew what you were signing up for.
你和你的伙伴都知道 你们是来做什么的
I didn't sign up to be part of a firing squad.
我可没想过要参加行刑队