Let's just see.
看看效果吧
You couldn't get that, Vicky, could you.
你能去接一下吗 薇姬
Hello, Genetics Department.
你好 遗传学系
Hello. It's Sue.
你好 我是苏
Could you put me through to Alec? Yes. I think he's
能让亚力克接电♥话♥吗 我想他...
No he's not! Could you get him on the phone, please.
不行 让他接电♥话♥
It's Sue.
是苏
Tell her I'll call her back. No!
跟她说我稍后打给她 不行
No!
天呐
Yes, I won't be long. The suitcases are packed.
我过会儿就回来 箱子已经打包好了
You're leaving! Yes, Alec.
你要走了 是的 亚力克
I'm leaving.
我要走了
And so, I hope, are you.
我希望 你也出发了
God, is there an emergency?
天呐 是什么紧急情况吗
Worse than that. It's a...family wedding.
比这还要严重 是个亲戚的婚礼
All right. You go, I'll finish up.
好吧 你去吧 交给我吧
Thank you.
谢谢
If you just...put the...
麻烦你把
X-ray down and, er...leave it.
X射线仪开着 不用管它
And, er...we'll check the results on Monday morning.
我们周一早上再来看看结果
Goggles!
护目镜
Have a lovely weekend.
祝你周末愉快
Oh, and, er...please, don't forget the X-rays.
对了 拜托 别忘了X射线仪
Dr. Jeffreys. Good morning.
杰弗里斯博士 早上好
Vicky! Unbelievable! What?
薇姬 难以置信 怎么了
The probe has lit up all the fragments.
探针标亮了所有片段
Seal, cow, tobacco. All clear patterns,
海豹 牛 烟草 清清楚楚
all distinct from one another. But, see here.
全部区分开来 但是你看看这个
You. Your mother. Your father.
你 你母亲 你父亲
You share...these markers with your mother...
你跟你母亲 共有这些标记
and these markers with your father.
而跟你父亲共有这些标记
The DNA fragments have combined...
DNA片段结合在一起
to make a pattern that is unique to you.
创造出了一个独特的你
As unique as a fingerprint.
就像指纹一样独特
And there it is.
就是这样
In black and white for all to see!
白底黑条 清清楚楚
Oh, my God! Alec, it's incredible.
天呐 亚力克 这太惊人了
Five past nine.
9点5分
The tenth of September, 1984.
1984年9月10日
Five past nine.
9点5分
Eureka!
我成功了
Eu-bloody-reka!
我他妈成功了
I've been approached to help in an immigration case.
有一起移♥民♥案律师请求我帮助
The Home Office say the boy is here illegally,
内政部说这男孩的逗留是违法的
that he...forged his passport, is lying about who his mum is.
说他伪造了护照 并对母亲是谁撒了谎
And they can prove this?
他们能证明吗
Not according to his lawyer, they can't.
据他律师说 不能
Home Office want to send the boy back to Ghana.
内政部想把这男孩送回加纳
The lawyer read about my DNA testing
那个律师在《卫报》上读到
in The Guardian and she thought maybe I could help.
我所研究的DNA测试 觉得我也许能帮忙
Well, you've got to.
你必须得帮
Isn't this exactly what your test can do?
你的检测不正能解决这个问题吗
The family have been put through hell.
这个家庭经历了很多痛苦
It's the Home Office culture of disbelief.
质疑是内政部的传统
Guilty until proven innocent.
推定有罪
They say the family's lying, but they have no proof.
他们说那家人在撒谎 但是他们没有证据
The article said your test could prove biological relationships.
那篇文章说你的检测能证明亲缘关系
That's correct.
没错
You can obviously take his mother's blood,
你当然能获取他母亲的血样
but the father's back in Ghana.
但是他父亲在加纳
We can't get a sample?
我们搞不到血样吗
Afraid not. Is that a problem?
恐怕不能 这样有问题吗
Well, the boy's DNA is a
这男孩的DNA是由
unique combination between his father and his mother.
他父母的DNA所拼凑起来的独一无二的组合
We'd need to find a way of isolating the
我们得想办法单独分离出
pattern belonging to the mother.
只属于他母亲的那部分
He has brothers and sisters in this country.
他在国内还有几个兄弟姐妹
That might work.
那可能有用
I already had a blood test.
我已经做过血检了
Yes, but this one, with Dr. Jeffreys' help,
是的 但是这次有杰弗里斯博士的帮助
is going to scientifically show
能从科学上证实
exactly who you are and who your mother is.
你到底是谁 以及你母亲是谁
Inside everybody there is a secret code.
每个人体内都有一组密♥码♥
Now, your code is different to mine,
你的密♥码♥和我的不一样
different to everybody else's.
和所有人都不一样
I have found a way of reading that code.
我有办法能解读那个密♥码♥
What if this doesn't work?
如果这没用呢
What if they don't believe you?
如果他们不相信你呢
They will send my son away forever.
他们会把我儿子永远送走
Looking for a job, sir?
找工作吗 长官
Nothing in the paper about Lynda Mann.
报纸上没有琳达·曼恩的消息
It's coming up to the anniversary.
快要到一周年了
Aw, people forget. It's human nature.
大家都忘了 人就这样
Kath? It's David Baker.
凯瑟 我是大卫·贝克
Hello, David?
你好 大卫
Thanks for doing this.
谢谢你们愿意这么做
If you want to stop, just...
如果你们不想做了 只要...
If it's got to be done, it's got to be done.
该做的总得做
OK.
好的
Hello. Hello.
你好 你好
Tania Patel, Leicester Mercury.
塔妮娅·帕特尔 《莱斯特水星报》
Mrs. Eastwood, it's been over a year now since Lynda's murder.
伊斯特伍德太太 琳达的死已经过去一年了
How are you coping?
你们过得怎么样
We miss her every day. Don't we, Ed.
我们每天都很想她 对吗 爱德
That's right.
没错
We just... we just don't accept it.
我们只是...没法接受
Chief Superintendent Baker,
贝克总警司
how many officers have you got working -
你指派了多少警官...
We've got enough men and women
我们有足够的人手
to take calls, go through statements.
来接电♥话♥以及处理证词
Yes, but how I'm absolutely convinced
嗯 但是 我完全坚信
if we don't find this man he will kill again.
如果我们不找到凶手 他还会再作案
I'd like to take this opportunity to make an appeal.
我想借此机会呼吁大众
Someone knows him. Wife, friend,
有人认识凶手 妻子 朋友
erm...colleague at his work.
单位同事
Think back to the night of November 21st, 1983.
回想1983年11月21日那个晚上
Coldest night of the year.
那年最冷的晚上
Was your boyfriend...husband...workmate
你的男友 丈夫或工友
acting strangely at the time?
当时是否举止异常
If you have the slightest doubt, or
如果你有哪怕一点的怀疑
think you saw something at the time, please, call the police.
或觉得自己当时看到了什么 请联络警方
That's it. Thanks. Thank you. If I could just
就这样 谢谢 谢谢 能不能
get a photo with Mr. and Mrs. Eastwood and the poster?
拍一张伊斯特伍德夫妇拿着招贴的照片
Do you have the poster? Yes. All right.
你们拿招贴了吗 嗯 好的
I brought this poster. Are you all right with...?
我拿了这张招贴 你们介意吗
Yeah. If you could just... Hold it up. Yeah.
嗯 你们举好 好
Today, police issued a new poster
今天 警方发布了新的招贴
to try to jog people's memories.
想激起人们的回忆
They remain convinced the killer is a local man...
他们依然坚信 凶手是本地人
That's great. ..And someone is shielding him.
很好 有人在庇护他
It's been a year, now.
都一年了
Gavin! Your tea's ready.
嘉文 茶好了
This is you. And this one is you.
这是你 这一条是你
Here's your sister's and there...is your brother.
这是你姐姐 这是你哥哥的
They look like those new supermarket bar codes.
看上去像新启用的超♥市♥条码
Yes. See how the bar codes match...
是啊 看这些条码是匹配的
..Here, here, here.
这里 这里 这里
This proves that you are all related.
这就证明 你们是有血缘关系的
That you are your mother's son.
这能证明你是你母亲的儿子
And the judge will understand...all this.
法官能理解吗