Sir?
长官
Yes.
怎么
I think you'd better come and have a look at this.
你最好过来看看
Do you want to come with me?
要一起来吗
A few volunteers.
都是志愿者
'The world's first DNA manhunt is under way.
世界首次基因搜索全面启动
'Thousands of men from the village of
上千名来自纳伯勒 恩德比
Narborough, Littlethorpe and Enderby
和利索普三个村庄的男性
'have this week been attending voluntary blood tests
本周都参加了自愿验血
in the attempt to catch the killer of two Leicestershire schoolgirls.'
以协助抓捕杀害了两名莱斯特郡少女的凶手
Excuse me.
打扰一下
'All men age between the ages of 18 and 34 have received
所有18岁至34岁之间的男性都收到了
'a letter asking them to attend the screening.'
一封邀请函 请他们参加筛查
We've got people stacked up here.
这边人积得有点多了
Yes, sir. Come along.
好 长官 这边来
Put him at the middle there.
到中间的桌子来吧
Thank you very much.
谢谢
Right, be very, very careful.
好的 千万小心
Is that the first batch of samples?
那是第一批血样吗
Away they go.
没错
Right.
嗯
Thank you.
谢谢
All right, sir?
好啊 先生
Gentlemen. How are you?
先生们 你好吗
Let me introduce you. This is Peter Gill,
我来介绍 这位是彼得·吉尔
our principal research scientist.
我们的首席研究员
How do you do?
你好
This is Detective Chief Superintendent David Baker,
这位是大卫·贝克总警司
Detective Inspector Alan Madden.
和艾伦·马登探长
Hello. Welcome to the pleasure dome!
你好 欢迎来到游戏厅
Thank you very much. How's it all going?
谢谢 进行得如何了
I have to admit, we weren't expecting this amount of samples
我承认 这么快就来了这么多血样
so early on.
是出乎意料
Let me show you what we're doing.
我展示一下我们的工作吧
This is where the blood arrives
送来的血样首先到达这里
and is initially analysed for its blood group and PGM.
首先检测血型和磷酸葡萄糖变位酶因子
We extract the DNA from the remaining blood sample
之后从剩余血样中提取DNA
and add the restriction enzymes.
加入限制性内切酶
If we get the full 5,000 blood samples that we're predicting,
如果预想的五千份血样都拿到
the final number that would go to full genetic screening...
最终将进行基因筛查的血样数将是
to the, er... the final...
最终
Are you all right, sir?
你没事吧 先生
would be, er...
将有
Peter?
彼得
Around 1,000. Yes.
大概一千份左右 没错
Maybe less.
或许更少
And when can we expect to get any results? We're not sure.
什么时候能有最终结果 还不确定
If we do have to analyse 1,000 different samples,
如果真要检测一千份
it's gonna take at least five months before we can process them all.
那全部检测完将至少需要五个月
Five months? That's to do them all.
五个月 那是都检测一遍的时间
We can clear men as soon as we have
只要有了血型和磷酸葡萄糖变位酶因子
the blood type and the PGM.
就能开始进行排除了
It's still a long time to wait.
那时间也够长的啊
It's pioneering work.
这毕竟是第一次
I know.
我知道
I did say it would take some time.
我早说会耗时长久
The most important thing is that we get it right.
最重要的是不能出错
We've already got hundres, nearly 1,000 samples.
我们已经拿到了近千份血样
The response has been huge...
反响十分热烈
Alec. Alec. Can we get some help here?
亚力克 谁来帮帮忙
It strikes me as somewhat ironic
我现在觉得好讽刺
that when you went to the doctor's last week,
你上周去医院时
you refused to have your blood taken.
还不肯验血
I thought I had flu.
我以为自己得了流感
You don't need to have your blood taken.
流感可用不着采血
You do if it contains the Epstein-Barr virus.
携带EB病毒就得采血了
Glandular fever
腺热
is not what I need right now!
我现在可不需要这个
No. Right now, you need to rest.
确实 你现在需要休息
The blood samples... Are all taken care of.
血样的事... 有人在操心呢
I can't stay here. I've got too much to do.
我不能待在这儿 我有好多事要做
Alec. Please.
亚力克 拜托
At this rate, you're going to kill yourself.
照这样下去 你会害死自己的
Or, more likely, I'm going to do it for you.
更有可能是我替你下手
I'm sorry. No, you're not.
对不起 你才不内疚呢
Sue, please, I can't stay here.
苏 求你了 我不能待在这儿
No, you can't.
是啊
Unfortunately, they're sending you home.
很遗憾 他们让你回家养病
Good.
太好了
You once told me
你曾对我说
the thing you loved most about your job,
这份工作你最爱的地方在于
after you'd discovered something or invented something,
当你发现或发明了一样东西之后
was passing it on and letting it go out into the big wide world.
可以将它推广到全世界 任其发展
Let it go.
放手吧
You were living in Narborough in 1984.
1984年你住在纳伯勒
It doesn't matter how long you were there.
跟你住了多久无关
You'll need to visit your local police station in Newcastle.
你得去纽卡斯尔当地警局一趟
We'll tell them to expect you.
我们会通知他们你会去
We have three testing centres up and running
我们设置了三个运转正常的验血中心
which cover the full five-mile radius.
覆盖整个五英里半径范围
Anyone refuse to give their blood?
有人拒绝采血吗
Well, a couple.
有几个
One chap had a thing about needles, a recognised phobia,
有个小伙子害怕针头 是种已知恐惧症
so we asked him to give his sample...
所以我们让他...
another way, which he seemed happier about.
换个方法取样 他似乎更喜欢那个办法
Semen sample, sir.
是精♥液♥样本 长官
Oh, yeah.
这样啊
Quite a few didn't attend, they're out of town,
有几个之前不在的人也没来
so we're sending out second batch of letters
所以我们又发了一批信
to encourage them to volunteer.
鼓励他们自愿来采血
What if that doesn't work...?
如果这也不管用呢
We start knocking on doors asking awkward questions.
我们会上门问令人尴尬的问题
This has just come through, sir.
这是刚送过来的 长官
What is it?
什么东西
Woman in Enderby, sir,
一个住在恩德比的女人说
says a neighbour got a second letter the other day.
几天前 她的邻居收到了第二封信
He's now packing his bags.
他现在正在收拾行李
Has he had his blood taken?
他采过血了吗
No.
没有
We sent him a reminder, spoken to him, but you know...
我们给他发过信 也跟他谈过 但是...
All right.
好吧
Now he's moving out?
现在他要搬走吗
Yeah.
是的
Let's have a chat with him.
咱们去跟他谈谈
What's going on? Mr Denmoor?
怎么了 是丹莫尔先生吗
Yeah.
是我
Going somewhere nice?
要去什么好地方吗
We were wondering why you hadn't responded two of our letters.
我们想知道你为什么没回应我们的两封信
I thought it were voluntary.
我以为是自愿的
Absolutely. 100%.
当然 百分百自愿
Me wife is away, abroad.
我妻子不在家 在国外
At her mother's.
在她母亲那儿
I don't see how that's relevant.
我没看出这有什么关系
You got a call, didn't you?
你们接到一通电♥话♥ 对吧
From a Mrs Harris?
是哈里斯太太打的吧
She lives next door to me?
她住我家隔壁
And...?
然后呢
I've been, er...
我一直...
"Busy"?
"很忙"
Mrs Harris doesn't want me to leave her.
哈里斯太太不希望我离开她