I'm getting out!
我要下车
Dirty bastard!
你个混♥蛋♥
Come in.
进来
Hello, sir.
你好 长官
David, take a seat.
大卫 坐
As you know, I'm a big supporter of what you're trying to do.
你知道 我很支持你在做的事
Yes, sir.
是的 长官
Everyone thinks it shows enterprise and initiative -
大家都认为这显示了进取心和积极态度
the whole idea of flushing out the killer.
这个逼凶手现形的想法
But there are concerns, David,
但也有担忧 大卫
about the cost of the screening,
担忧检测的开支
about whether this is getting us anywhere.
担忧这是否能有所收获
Questions are being asked.
有人提出了质疑
You've not found this man after nearly 5,000 samples.
你们已经检查了近五千份血样却毫无结果
How many more?
还要再查多少份
Every sample that's taken
抽取的每一份血样
means a man is eliminated from the inquiry.
都排除了一个人的嫌疑
Well, there's no end, is there?
这没有完 不是吗
Unless you take blood from every man in the country.
除非你把全国每个男人的血都抽一遍
You can't shut us down, sir. Not now.
你不能在此时让我们停下 长官
It's not just about the money.
这不只是钱的问题
What is it about, then?
那是什么问题
Where's this coming from?
这到底是怎么回事
"There's courage in trying new ideas...
"尝试新方法需要勇气..."
How far upstairs?
是多高层的人下的命令
"..but even greater courage in acknowledging their failure."
"承认失败需要更大的勇气"
Whoever signs a letter that tries to close this investigation
不管是谁要结束这次调查
is going to be held personally responsible
他个人都要为村子里下一个
for the next young girl brutally raped and murdered in these villages.
被残忍♥地强♥奸♥并杀害的女孩负责
Shall I put that in a memo, sir?
需要记在备忘录里吗 长官
Love? In here, Mum.
亲爱的 我在 妈妈
You not going in? That's not like you.
你没去上班 这不像你啊
Were you out late last night? Not late.
你昨天是不是很晚才回来 不晚
Oh, well. I suppose we were all like that when we were your age.
人年轻时都这个样
What's happened?
怎么了
Nothing.
没什么
Right. I've got to go.
好吧 我得走了
Mum?
妈妈
Thanks.
谢谢
I'll see you later.
回见
Cleared? 3,100.
已排除人数 3100人
Alec? Who's that man?
亚力克 那是谁
What man? There, by the car.
你说谁 那儿 车旁边那个
He was there this morning.
他早上就在了
When I took the girls.
我送女儿的时候
He wasn't there when I came back. Why?
但是我回来时他就不在了 怎么了
Call David Baker. Take the girls upstairs.
打给大卫·贝克 带女儿们上楼
Who are you? What do you want? Dr. Jeffreys.
你是谁 你想干什么 杰弗里斯博士
Dr. Jeffreys.
杰弗里斯博士
My son.
我儿子
What?
什么
I think he's mine. You're the scientist, yes?
我觉得这是我儿子 你是那个科学家吧
You can help me know the truth.
你可以帮我查清♥真♥♥相♥
Oh, I see.
我明白了
It's fine. Please, you must tell me.
没事 求你了 一定要帮帮我
I'm really sorry to have called you out. No...
很抱歉把你叫出来 没事...
Everyone's still so on edge.
现在所有人都草木皆兵
How did he find you?
他怎么找到你的
God knows! We're ex-directory.
谁知道 我们又不在黄页上
Any news? How's the screening going?
有进展吗 筛查得怎么样了
Well, still nothing.
还是一无所获
We know the names of every man in that five-mile radius.
方圆五英里内所有男性的姓名我们都知道
I make the team
我让小组里的人
go over the list again and again,
一遍一遍地检查名单
send out letters,
给他们寄信
phoning them up, knocking on doors.
打电♥话♥ 甚至登门拜访
One lad was served in the navy
其中一人在唐恩·阿什沃斯被杀时
down in the Falklands when Dawn Ashworth was killed.
正在福克兰群岛服兵役
I didn't think he had to come in.
我觉得他应该没有嫌疑
But I still insisted they ask him to volunteer.
但我还是坚持要求他们让他提供样本
They knocked on the door, a woman answers,
他们去敲门 一个女人开了门
her son's a quadriplegic.
她儿子已经瘫痪了
"Ask him to volunteer. No exceptions."
"他也得提供样本 不得例外"
Has something happened? David?
发生了什么事吗 大卫
We've tested nearly every man in our five-mile radius.
我们几乎检测了方圆五英里内的每个男人
Maybe he just lives outside the circle.
也许他只是住在这范围之外
Yes, maybe. Maybe not. Maybe we'll never know.
是啊 都有可能 也许咱们永远也查不出来
This screening's costing a fortune
这个检测花了一大笔钱
without any results.
却没得出什么结果
I'm afraid they're going to shut us down.
我担心他们会叫停我们
They can't do that!
他们不能这样
Apparently, it takes courage to admit when you've failed.
据说 承认失败也是需要勇气的
Look, I could never have anticipated
听着 我自己也没法预料到
that first DNA fingerprint.
DNA指纹的诞生
I know it was an accident, but I also know
我知道那是个意外 但我也知道
it was the result of a lot of years of hard work.
那是多年辛勤工作的成果
Look, you and I both know that we make our own luck.
我们都知道 运气是要靠自己创造出来的
We apply everything we've learned. We hold our nerve.
我们运用一切知识 坚持立场
And, hopefully, like the DNA fingerprinting,
然后希望能像发现DNA指纹一样
we get a lucky break.
有幸取得突破
I'll show you out.
我送你出去
Bye, Sue. Bye.
再见 苏 再见
Night, Geoff. Good night, sir.
晚安 杰夫 晚安 长官
Incident room, DS Taylor.
专案室 泰勒警长
You what?
什么
I was in a pub,
我当时在酒吧里
just having a drink with some workmates.
跟几个同事在一起喝酒
What pub? The Clarendon on West Avenue.
哪个酒吧 西大道的克拉伦登酒吧
That's when he said it.
他就是在那里说的
When did you over hear this conversation?
你什么时候听到这段对话的
Beginning of August. Beginning of August?
八月初 八月初
Yeah, sorry. I was going to call in sooner, but,
对不起 我本想早点打来的 但是...
a relative of mine who's a policeman, I was going to tell him,
我有一个亲戚是警♥察♥ 我本想告诉他的
but he was away, then I was away.
但他正好不在 后来我自己也出门了
I don't want to get anybody in trouble...
我不想给别人带来麻烦...
No, no, you're not. That's...not. It's absolutely fine.
不不 没有 没有麻烦 没事的
When did...? No, you go.
你什么时候...不 你说吧
Where do you work? Hampshire's Bakery, over in Leicester.
你在哪工作 汉普郡面包店 在莱斯特郡
What exactly did Ian say?
伊恩到底说了什么
That he'd given blood for someone else.
他说他替别人提供了血样
It's on the corner.
就在拐角
Mr. Whenby? Yeah?
翁彼先生吗 是的
DI Madden, Enderby police station.
马登探长 恩德比警局的
Can we have a few words for a bit...?
咱们能聊几句吗
What's this about? Down the station.
什么事 去局里说吧
Did you give blood, Ian, during the must screening?
大面♥积♥筛查时 你是否提供了一份血样 伊恩
I don't live in the area,
我又不住在那片区域
so I never got a letter or anything.
所以我没收到信
Did you give blood, Ian?
你有没有提供血样 伊恩
I didn't think I had to.
我觉得我不用提供啊
I would have done.
不然我会提供的
You can take it now.
现在就能给你们
We have it on good authority
据可靠消息称
that you gave your blood in someone else's place.
你代替某个人提供了血样
Did you do that, Ian?
你做过这种事吗 伊恩
Why would I?
我为什么要这么做
You were heard talking about it, bragging about it.
有人听到你拿这事来吹嘘
I never bragged about it. So you did do it?
我没吹嘘过 那么你确实做了
I may have done. As a favour, that's all.
我算是做了 只是给人帮个忙
A favour? Yeah.
帮个忙 对啊