Er, and through that door is, er, the orgasmatron,
穿过那扇门是...性高♥潮♥诱导器
as the men in this department so wittily insist on calling it.
本系的男同事坚持给这间屋子起的风趣名字
It's, er, the dark room, where all the magic is revealed.
那是暗室 魔法被揭示的地方
Or not.
或者揭示不了
Take a look.
来看看
As you can see,
如你们所见
the stutter DNA hasn't properly separated.
重复DNA没有被清楚地分开
If we'd isolated the whole sentence,
如果我们将整个句子都分开了
Mary Had A Little Lamb,
"玛丽有一只小绵羊"
we'd see a long smear on the gel.
就能在凝胶上看到一个长弥散条带
Instead, in these brief smudges,
而现在 在这些模糊的斑点中
we just get a jumble of overlapping sentences.
我们只能看到句子重叠成一团乱麻
Sadly, currently completely indecipherable.
很不幸 这目前完全无法破译
Still, every failure leads to...success.
不过 失败是成功之母嘛
So they say.
反正人们都这么说
I'll see you all next week.
我们下周见
That's code for, 'Please, will you leave now'. I'll take that.
也就是说"你们可以离开了" 这个给我
I was hoping
我本来希望
the enzymes would have cut the DNA more than they have.
酶能将DNA切割得更细一些
It's just...bloody useless.
结果完全没用
What are we doing, setting up here?
我们在这里建立据点干什么
It's what the boss wants.
老大的要求
Enderby Nick's just round the corner. Doesn't matter.
恩德比尼克小店就在街角 没用的
You won't believe this! What?
你肯定不会相信的 怎么了
There's just one bob for the lot of us and no running water.
里面只有一个厕所 没有自来水
Kholi, you haven't got all day. Sorry, sir!
克里 抓紧点 抱歉 长官
Where d'you want this, lads?
伙计们 这个放哪
Just over here. Thanks.
那边吧 谢谢
Lynda was...lovely.
琳达很...可爱
She was a very happy girl.
她是个非常快乐的女孩
I don't know what else... That's good.
我不知道该再说什么 已经很好了
Please...
拜托
Please, if you've got any information...
拜托 如果你有任何线索...
then let the police know...
请联络警♥察♥
cos we need to get the man that did this.
我们需要抓到凶手
Hi, Daddy. Hello.
爸爸好 你好
This is in Narborough.
这就发生在纳伯勒
What's happened?
出什么事了
She was only 15.
她才15岁
Er, 7:30, Lynda went to a nearby neighbour's,
7点30 琳达去了附近一个邻居家
Mrs Fenchurch in Dockton Close,
道克顿围地的芬彻奇太太家
for a babysitting job.
帮她看孩子
But one of the family was unwell, so she wasn't needed.
但那家有人生病留在家 所以就不需要她了
She left, and we think she decided to
她离开了 然后我们认为她决定
meet a friend over in Enderby, just under a mile away.
去见一个在恩德比的朋友 只有一英里的路
But she didn't make it.
但她最终没能到那里
Her body was found here,
她的尸体是在这里被发现的
halfway along the cut-through, the Black Pad.
就在黑小路中段
Why head down the Black Pad
她为什么要去黑小路
if it's not on the way to Enderby?
那不在去恩德比的路上
What if she knew the bloke who attacked her?
会不会是她认识凶手
Where does that take us?
然后呢
They agreed to meet up and he suggested to go down the lane?
他们约定见面 他建议沿着小路走走
Lynda's parents say she didn't have a boyfriend.
琳达父母说她没有男朋友
Well, we're not all like you, goody-bloody-two-shoes!
人们又不是都像你一样 大圣人
It has to have been a random. Young girl on her own, walking by.
肯定是随机作案 年轻女孩一个人在路上走
Bloke sees her, grabs her... All right. Enough.
凶手看到她 抓住她 好了 够了
Lynda Mann.
琳达·曼恩
15 years old.
年仅15岁
Raped...and strangled with her own scarf.
被强♥奸♥ 然后被用她自己的围巾勒死了
400 yards from her own front door.
就在离她家才四百码的地方
That's what we've got here.
这就是现在的情况
So, what are we doing here, in an old cricket pavilion?
那我们在这个老板球馆里干什么
One toilet, leaking roof. How blood inconvenient!
只有一个厕所 房♥顶还漏水 多不方便啊
We are here because I want the villagers to know we're here.
因为我希望村民们都知道我们在
We're here because I want Lynda's family to know we're here.
因为我希望琳达的家人知道我们在
And the killer...
还有凶手...
He's a local, I'm certain of it.
他是本地人 我敢肯定
He's going to see us and know that
他会看到我们 他就会知道
we are not going to go away until we've got him. Right?
抓住他之前我们决不离开 懂吗
Yes, boss. Yes, sir.
是 老大 是 长官
Right. Get on with it.
很好 开工
There are now more than 100 officers working on the enquiry.
现在有百余位警官在进行询问
Meanwhile, Lynda's mother has urged witnesses to come forward.
同时 琳达的母亲也呼吁目击者站出来
Just go to the police if you, or anybody, saw anything at all.
不论谁看到了什么 都请联络警♥察♥
What sort of a girl was Lynda? She was very quiet...
琳达是个什么样的女孩 她很安静
...she did a lot of homework to do with CSEs and O Levels.
为中等教育证书和学科水平合格证在努力学习
She babysat for local people with children.
她为当地有孩子的家庭照看小孩
She loved all the children.
她很爱孩子
Sorry to disturb you.
抱歉打扰了
That's OK. DI Madden, Enderby Police.
没关系 马登探长 恩德比警方
Er, we're investigating the murder of Lynda Mann...
我们在调查琳达·曼恩被杀一案
So, what time did you leave the pub, Mr Hopkirk?
你什么时候离开的酒吧 霍普柯克先生
Darts match finished about ten.
飞镖比赛大概10点结束的
I got home soon after that.
之后不久我就到家了
Wife were here, she'll tell you.
我妻子在家 她可以证明
I'm sure we can get all that checked out.
我们会去证实的
Me son, Gavin. You all right?
我儿子 嘉文 你们好
These are police officers, Gav.
这两位是警♥察♥ 嘉文
Enquiring about Lynda's murder.
他们来询问琳达案子的事
Did you know Lynda? No.
你认识琳达吗 不认识
How old are you, Gavin? He's only 14.
你多大 嘉文 他才14
You look much older.
你看起来可没这么小
Ah, a lot of people say that. Don't they, son? Yeah.
大家都这么说 对吧 儿子 是
Thanks very much. Thank you.
非常感谢 谢谢
No problem. See you later.
别客气 再见
See you.
再见
If that girl was Lynda,
如果那女孩确是琳达
then she was almost certainly killed before midnight.
那几乎可以肯定她是午夜前被杀的
When she left her home at seven on Monday evening,
周一晚上她7点左右离开家
she went to a friend's home just 100 yards away.
去了离家百码的朋友家
She then said...
之后她说...
Are you not going home?
你还不回家吗
Shall I stay? Don't you have a...gig...to go to?
需要我吗 你不是要去看演出吗
The Smiths.
史密斯乐队
It's a new band from Manchester.
曼彻斯特的一个新乐队
Make sure you don't miss the last bus home. Yes, Dad!
别错过了回家的末班车 啰嗦
They think he's local.
他们认为凶手是本地人
See you on Monday.
周一见
We told you all to bugger off.
不是说了让你们都走吗
Leicestershire's finest.
莱斯特郡警♥察♥啊
Sorry, sir.
抱歉 长官
Er, we gave the lads a half day, as it's Christmas Eve.
我们给大家放了半天假 毕竟是平安夜
That's all right, Alan. We winning?
没关系 艾伦 有头绪了吗
We're doing our best, sir.
我们在全力调查 长官
It's all very cosy, I must say.
这儿挺舒服啊
How many statements to date?
目前有多少证词了
At the last count, 3,500.
最后一次统计有3500条
Which has resulted in 4,000 lines of enquiry,
就此进行了4000多次询问
which we're inputting into these computers.
我们正在往电脑中输入
And how much is that lot costing me? It's invaluable, sir.
这得花多少钱 这很值得 长官
It saves buggering about with these index cards.
这样就免去了索引卡带来的不便
You've got more staff and equipment than I have at HQ.
你这里的人手和设备比我在总部的还多
Your very own kingdom, David.
这儿简直是你的小王国啊 大卫
But, not a single suspect.
但是 却没找到一个嫌疑人
Well, not yet. Well, is there any good news?
确实还没找到 那有什么好消息吗
We have had a breakthrough, sir.
我们有个突破 长官
The, er... The high sperm count of the killer
精♥子♥数量之大
shows us that it's a man under the age of 30.
表明凶手应是30岁以下的男子
Well, that narrows the field a bit, doesn't it.
这能缩小点范围啊 对吧