She doesn't want me to get back together with me wife.
她不希望我回到我妻子身边
She and I, um...
她和我...
If you can provide us with a blood sample, sir,
如果你能提供血液样本
you can be on your way.
就可以走了
Do you want to do that blood test now?
你想现在就采血吗
Yeah. Yeah.
好 好的
I am not collaborating with the police.
我没在跟警方合作
It's how it looks, Alec.
可看上去就是这样 亚力克
I thought you supported me on this.
我以为你在这事上支持我
This isn't about me.
这不在我
It's all this shit I'm getting at the university.
是我在学校遇到的那些破事
All our worthy colleagues huffing and puffing
我们优秀的同事们都气得要命
about you sharing a platform with Detective Baker.
因为你跟贝克警司坐一张桌子
Getting help from Maggie bloody Thatcher.
还得到了天杀的撒切尔夫人帮忙
This place is a tip!
这地方乱死了
For God's sake, Sue, why are you saying all this?
老天啊 苏 你说这些干什么
What if they don't catch the killer?
如果他们抓不到凶手呢
What will they say about your test?
他们又会如何评价你的测试
All your work goes down the drain.
你毕生心血就都毁了
That's the risk I'm taking,
这是我承担的风险
and it's what I have to take and you knew that.
也是必须承担的风险 你明白的
What about the risk we're taking?
那我们承担的风险呢
People know who you are, Alec,
人们知道你在哪 亚力克
what you've done. It's in all the papers.
知道你做过什么 报纸上都有
That includes the man who raped and murdered those two girls.
那强♥奸♥并杀害了两个女孩的人也知道
People know where we live.
人们知道我们住在哪里
They're standing on our doorstep wanting you to take their blood.
他们站在我们家门口 要你采他们的血
Come on, he's not going to come here, is he?
得了吧 他不会来我们家的啊
You're the man who can prove he killed those two girls.
你可以证明他杀了那两个女孩
Now he's being backed into a corner.
他现在走投无路了
Come on. It's all right.
别担心 会没事的
So you've taken over 2,000 blood samples
你们已经采了两千多份血样
and still haven't found him?
却还没找到他
No, but we've eliminated almost
还没 但我们排除了
1,900 men from the inquiry.
近1900百人的嫌疑
I'm sorry but
抱歉
I can't see how that helps to find the killer of these two girls.
我不明白这对抓住凶手有什么帮助
The net is closing in.
我们的网渐渐收紧了
Have you got your letter and photo ID?
你的信和照片证件
Great. Thank you.
很好 谢谢
If you'd like to come with me.
请跟我来
Age? 27.
年龄 27
Date of birth?
出生日期
23 March...1960.
1960年3月23日
Blood transfusion in the last six months?
最近六个月有输过血吗
..No.
没有
Bingo!
好了
When do I get the results?
什么时候能拿到结果
12th of bloody never, I've heard.
据我所知要好等了
Backlog at the lab. Can't cope. Meet me at the desk.
实验室积压了太多样本 忙不过来了 出来吧
Passport.
你的护照
Thank you very much. Have a cup of tea if you want.
谢谢 可以喝杯茶再走
No, it's all right. Thank you.
不用了 谢谢
Any fit? No.
有匹配吗 没
We're not going to get him, not like this.
这样是抓不到他的
You're the lucky one.
你算幸运了
I've got to drive down all the way to Portsmouth afterwork
下班之后我还得开车去朴次茅斯
to pick up one blood sample.
取一份血样
Hello, Alec.
你好 亚力克
Hello, David.
你好 大卫
Sue told me you were back.
苏告诉我你回来了
I'm looking to find a way of
我在想办法
speeding up the testing process.
加快检测过程
She sounded a bit worried on the phone.
电♥话♥里她听起来很担心
Thought you had to take a rest, take it easy.
她认为你该休息一段时间 别那么紧张
Thousands of blood samples have been taken already
已经抽取了几千份血样
and we still haven't got him.
但是还没找到他
They said it would take months, but...
他们说要耗上几个月 不过
Do you ever think you got it wrong?
你有没有想过也许你搞错了
All the time!
一直在想
For example,
比如
when I first looked at Gavin Hopkirk's barcode,
我第一次看到嘉文·霍普柯克的条码时
I thought I must have missed something, something completely stupid.
我觉得我肯定遗漏了什么不起眼的东西
I even thought maybe blood and semen had different DNA.
我甚至想过也许血液和精♥液♥的DNA不同
Madness!
简直疯了
But it wasn't. You were right.
但它们是一样的 你是对的
The thing is, if this fails,
关键是 如果这次失败
people's perception of forensic DNA will be shattered.
会粉碎DNA用于法医鉴定的前景
Oh, hello, Sue.
你好 苏
Hello, David.
你好 大卫
You come to congratulate him?
你来祝贺他吗
Hasn't he told you?
他还没告诉你吗
Alec is being awarded a professorship.
亚力克被授予了教授职位
Congratulations, Alec.
恭喜 亚力克
Thank you, David.
谢谢 大卫
Thank you, Leicester University, for this honour.
感谢莱斯特大学授予我这份荣耀
This university have allowed me to sit at my work bench
大学允许我在岗位上
and just explore the unknown.
拓展未知领域
As I speak, genetic fingerprinting is being used
此时此刻 基因指纹技术正用来帮助
to catch the killer of two local girls -
抓捕杀了两个当地女孩 唐恩·阿什沃斯
Dawn Ashworth and Lynda Mann.
和琳达·曼恩的凶手
To quote the motto of this university,
容我引用本大学的校训
"So that they might have life".
让后人好好生活
Science is about exploration, but it's also about application.
科学关乎探索 但也关乎应用
My hope is that genetic fingerprinting
我希望基因指纹
will not only help us understand who we are,
不仅能帮助我们认识我们是谁
but will also help us catch the man
也可以帮助我们抓到
who committed these terrible crimes,
犯下这一系列罪行的凶手
so that we all may have life.
让我们可以好好生活
Thank you.
谢谢
David?
大卫
I really admire what you're doing, David.
我很感谢你做的事 大卫
What you're trying to do - all the blood testing.
你现在正在做的事 血液检测
The newspaper said it could change
报纸上说这项技术可以
how the police catch criminals in the future.
在未来帮助警方抓获罪犯
If something good could come out of...all this...
如果这能促成一桩好事
..that would be of some help.
那也是一种慰藉
I really mean that.
我是真心的
We can't let this happen to anyone else.
不能再让其他人经受这种遭遇了
No.
是的
What time are you back, love?
你什么时候回来 亲爱的
Not late.
不会太晚
Is Danny walking you home?
丹尼会送你回来吧
Flippin' hope so!
希望如此
See ya, Mum.
再见 妈妈
I fucking saw you in there, Danny!
我在里面都看见你了 丹尼
You didn't see a thing. Yes, I did.
你什么都没看到 我看到了
Hiya.
你好
Are you going Enderby way, by any chance?
你去恩德比吗
Jump in.
进来吧
Sure.
好
You're not a rapist, are you?
你不是强♥奸♥犯吧
All right. Cheers.
好 谢谢
That was the turning just there.
应该在那里转的
Can you let me out the car, please?
请你让我下车
Sir, honestly, I'll walk. It's fine.
先生 我走路就好了 真的
Could you just please...?
请你让
What you doing? Get off! Get off!
你干什么 放开
Get off me!
放开我
Stop the fucking car now!
立刻停车