形容一下上一个和你交往的人
Describe the last person you were in a relationship with.
他很孤僻
He was a loner.
他...
He...
不算特别合适
Not an obvious choice.
他需要被爱
He needed to let himself be loved.
我们努力过 但是合不来
We tried. It failed.
如果你的狗生病了
If your dog was ill
需要把它的前腿截肢才能活
and had to have its front legs removed to survive,
你会选择做手术还是给它安乐死
would you have the surgery or have the dog put down?
我会选择手术
I would have the surgery.
潜在伴侣的身上的
What are the things that
哪些特质能吸引你
would attract you to a potential partner?
他喜欢的事
The things he loves.
他想成为的人
The things he wants to be.
不管他喜欢薄煎饼还是法式吐司
Whether he likes pancakes or French toast.
你愿意帮助你爱的人
Would you help someone you love
结束他的生命吗 如果那是他自己的选择
end their life if that was their choice?
你没事吧 佐伊
Are you all right, Zoe?
没事
Yeah.
只是...
It's just...
感觉跟着你一起工作这么久
It feels funny to be doing this
再做这个感觉很奇怪而已
after working next to you for so long, that's all.
-我离开是不是会好一些 -不 没关系
- Would you be more comfortable if I left? - No. It's okay.
我想我不知道
I guess, I don't know.
我的回答是 我不确定
My answer is, I'm not sure.
你希望你的伴侣眼中的你是怎样的
What do you want your partner to see in you?
佐伊
用机器测试后 我们的关系完全改变了
After we did the Machine, our relationship completely changed.
我们看彼此的眼神
The way that we saw each other,
以及我们对未来的规划
and how's it's gonna go into the future.
-我们在测试中得了81 -没错
- We scored an 81 on the Machine. - Yeah.
这样就坚信了
And just to have that definite answer of,
不 能行的 能...
no, it's gonna work, it's gonna...
在情感关系实验室 首席设计师科尔·安斯利
At the Relationist Lab, head designer Cole Ainsley
已经在人工智能领域从事了十五年的
has been doing groundbreaking work in the world of AI technology
尖端技术研究
for almost 15 years.
作为人类来说
One of the most important things
最重要的就是联♥系♥
in our experience as humans is connection.
我们永远在寻找联♥系♥
We are always looking for connection.
当董事会认为合成伴侣
When the board of directors identified synthetic companions
将成为下一个新兴产业后
as the next big growth area,
他们便聘用了安斯利负责公♥司♥新设立的项目
they hired Ainsley to run the new offshoot of the company.
我所做的工作
I have nothing to do with
和医药方面完全无关
the pharmaceutical side of the business.
我只专注于合成实验室
I'm purely focused on the synthetic lab.
那这里算是你的一个研究吗
So this then, for example, is like research for you?
修建树篱也是很不错的
I mean, this is great if you want a hedge cut.
但是我更感兴趣的
But I'm much more interested,
不是清理长椅
not so much in cleaning off the bench,
而是我要和谁一起坐在长椅上
but who am I gonna be sitting on that bench with.
我的动力就是创造出
And my drive is to create
能够陪伴我们的合成人
synthetic people who will become companions for us.
最终 对我来说 给你安全感
Ultimately, you know, the idea that you're safe, that it's gonna last,
它会一直在你身边
that they're not-- they're not going to--
它们不会...不会离开你
They're not going to leave you is important,
是最重要的 所以
would be important to me, so...
通过建立更好的关系改善生活是这个实验室的目标
Improving lives through better relationships is the lab's mission.
他准备好下一步了
He's ready for more.
没错
Yeah, he is.
我们是人类关系市场
We're the fastest-growing
增值最快的新兴产业
start-up in the human relationship market.
我们有三个部门
We've got three divisions:
机器部 制药部
the Machine, Pharmaceuticals,
以及我们最新的合成伴侣部
and our newest venture, Synthetic Companions.
我负责监管整个实验室和运营机械部门
I supervise the entire lab and run the Machine division.
在机器部 我们会评估单身人士或情侣
At the Machine, we evaluate singles, or couples.
我们会为单身人士搜索数据库找到最佳匹配
For singles we comb our database to find your best match.
机器分♥析♥会给出一个数据 40% 60%
The Machine comes up with a number: 40 percent, 60 percent.
两个人能经营一段
The probability of two people
幸福持久的关系的可能性
staying together in a happy, lasting relationship.
对于你们这样想知道
Perfect for couples like you
是否该进行下一步的夫妻来说是完美的选择
wondering if they should take the next step.
但是 数据不会撒谎
But you know, the numbers don't lie.
我们有从上世纪90年代起统计的准确率
We've got a documented accuracy rate in the upper 90s.
但是我们还是要说 未来不在我们公♥司♥手中
But we like to say that the future isn't inside our computers.
而是在你们手中
It's inside you.
你好 科尔
机器为你找到了四名新的兼容对象
妮可 84.09%
曼迪 73.63%
伊莱扎 71.78%
你好 科尔
机器为你找到了三名新的兼容对象
萨曼莎 82.66%
西塞尔 75.13%
诚实作答
Just answer honestly.
只要诚实作答就行
That's all you have to do.
我们在测试中得到了81...
We scored an 81...
-晚安 -晚安
- Good night. - Good night.
这样就坚信了
And just to have that definite answer of,
不 能行的 肯定能行的
no, it's gonna work, it's gonna be something that's for real.
你好
Hi.
你好
Oh, hey.
要来点咖♥啡♥因♥吗
Do you want some caffeine?
好啊 正需要呢 谢谢
Oh, yeah. Perfect timing. Thanks.
你取得了很大的进展
You've made a lot of progress.
他处理食物的生物系统已经完备
His bio-systems for processing food are up already.
上技术峰会肯定没问题了 我敢保证
I'm sure he's gonna be ready for the tech summit. I'm sure of it.
-我能和他说话吗 -他还没到这一步
- Can I talk to him? - He's not quite there yet, no.
你觉得他会像你一样看待这个世界吗
Do you think he will look at the world like you do?
因为是你设计他的
Since you designed him?
抱歉
Sorry.
看来这是个私人问题 抱歉
I guess it's a personal thing. I'm sorry.
不 不 没关系
No. Uh-- No, that's okay.
请坐 我想给你看点东西
Have a seat. I wanna show you something.
我给了他安装了一个情感包
I've given him something called emotional packets.
都是关于情感的真实记忆
They're real memories about emotional events.
注意看他面部合成肌肉
Watch his synthetic facial muscles
以及肢体动作 讲话的样子
and his body posture, how he talks.
有了情感 我们从
With emotions, we start
肉体开始搭建 然后再入手内部
with the physical and we build inwards, see?
稍等一下
Give it a second.
继续下去会不一样吗
Will it be different going forward?
她
Will--
她还会出轨吗
Will she cheat again?
我能不能再调高一点
Is there any way I can make it higher?
我肯定有办法能让数字...
There must be a way I can I make the number...
我怀有希望肯定是有原因的
There has to be a reason for me to have hope.
我会恨她吗
Will I hate her?
我恨她吗
Do I hate her?
我会走出去吗
Will I ever get beyond this?
他在和谁说话
Who is he talking to?
这是我和机器的一段对话
It was a conversation that I had with the Machine.
我和艾玛的得分非常低
Emma and I, we scored very low.
后来我们的关系再也没有修复
And we never really recovered from that.
记忆会构建他的情感基础
The memory helps to create his emotional infrastructure.
最终我们会抹除记忆
And eventually, we erase the memory,
但是情感基础还在
but the infrastructure remains.
所以我们是在真真切切地...
So, in a very real way, we're--
我们在教他如何去感受
we're teaching him how to feel.
对不起 我之前不知道
I'm sorry. I didn't realize.
没关系 只是一些数据
Oh, it's all right. It's just numbers.
激活模式 看起来很像真实的情感罢了
Patterns of activation. It looks a lot like real emotions.
他真的很棒
He's amazing, really.
没有人再会感到孤独或者那种痛苦
No one will feel alone anymore or feel that kind of pain.